Finals The World Cup of Pokemon III - FINALS [Won by Team Asia]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shiv

mostly harmless
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Two-Time Past WCoP Champion
uhhh actually i had to play gg for the semi finals and even though he'd probably been the one to blame for our battle not being done (since he was on vacation for half the time period) i still gave him the win (without any coin toss or anything) as asia had already won the cup. thanks for your thoughts anyway.

I was really hoping this ending would be epic, but this ending is...I don't know. I wish this would have ended differently. Are the final battlers even trying to battle one another?

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I talked to Fade Away who said he has pmed 5K several times...

I have seen FiveK on smogon a lot so unless he is just ignoring his PMs i think my finalists just really dont care! Which is a shame really.

But I mean the tournament is, by definition, over... it still would be neat to crown an individual winner though! It's like ok the Red Sox won the World Series...but the MVP still has not been crowned. I really hate that this is dragging on though.

I did DQ gg for being a general ass in his game and since the best he can do is second at this point, he cannot win. Fuck quitters.

Jackal

I'm not retarded I'm Canadian it's different
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
look, the two battlers were both online during the smogon tour this week. They decided it wasnt worth their time to battle. So be it. This turned into a joke a while ago. Which sucks because for the most part this was a top notch tournament.

It sucks that, like the smogon tournament, the final round(s) were turned into a joke, at fault to the players (remember jesiah and his magikarp/mewtwo team?). It's just disrespectful that after all the hard fucking work me and shiv put into this that the finalists cant battle, and the one battle that did happen was a massive fucking joke.

I dont know fade away or gg very well at all, but im most surprised at 5k who i know is a good kid. It's just incredibly disrespectful. Who wouldnt want to be declared the winner of a tournament with the incredible field of battlers this had?

The World Cup III is over, the winner of the tournament is Team Asia.

I originally intended to post an extravagant end-of-tournament post, and it was gonna be good. But I am just too upset/disappointed to at this point, and this post was a long time coming.

The failures of this format have been noted and expect WCoP IV to be bigger, better and less anti-climactic.

I want to thank all the participants for coming out and really making this tournament a good time, especially the first round, which was buzzing with excitement more than any tournament ive ever seen before.

i did my best to run this, and im just hurt that this had to happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)