Challenge The Scramble Challenge - Mark 2

i did check the link. i just have no clue what to blame you for or whi level 51 still didn't give me a pokemon after an hour. Sure, his reservation is gone, but that doesn't mean he can't still give me one.

If he never comes back, reserving a Togepi for you.

Also everybody sign up here for the EPIC MEGA-TOURNAMENT OF DOOM. (We really need to nail down a name)

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
Wait
I was supposed to write you a challange?
Oops. Well, let EndQuote have the spot. He is a wise man, and he will make your life difficult with that Togepi of his.

Espeon65, hatch yourself a Togepi and name her Joy.
This Togepi is determined to live by her own rules, so, each time she is sent out in a trainer battle, she must use Metronome before she can attack directly.
She can never forget Metronome.

She must solo two gym leaders, and can evolve after each solo.

Good luck!

This Togepi is determined to live by her own rules, so, each time she is sent out in a trainer battle, she must use Metronome before she can attack directly.

Good luck!
Watered down Random Challenge >_>

Pokemon HeartGold Scramble

Okay, my pokemon have been picked! Thanks for making my life difficult! here is my team:

Espeon65, take Pitcher the Bellsprout. Pitcher is a carnivorous plant - carnivorous plants typically live in places where the soil quality is rather poor, and must find other ways to get the nutrients they need - by "eating" bugs! To evolve into Weepinbell, Pitcher must solo twenty "small" Bug-types - pokemon such as Weedle, Metapod, and Ledyba. Once it is a Weepinbell, it must solo twenty "big" Bug-types - Pinsir, Beedril, Ariados, etc. Once Pitcher evolves into Victrebell, it's gotten so big that it can even eat small non-bugs! Solo five similarly-leveled Raticate. Pitcher may not learn Ingrain (poor soil quality, remember?) or Spit Up. Have fun!

Take Path the Slowpoke. Path is destined to be the greatest warrior in the world. After soloing Whitney, select your path, for it will forever define your life:

Path 1

Path will become a Slowbro. Path has become a brutal killing machine and uses only brute force to defeat his foes. He must know 3 STAB moves and one other move of 120 BP ASAP. Solo Bruno.

Path 2

Path will become a Slowking. Path's evolution has altered his brainwaves until he realizes that no one pokemon can be all powerful. Path must now utilize a moveset consisting of the following:
1). STAB move(s)
2). Move(s) that have an effect chance
3). Move(s) that hit one of its weaknesses SE.
4). Non-damaging move(s)

This way, he can cover all the bases.

Espeon65, take Neglected the Flareon. Ever since Neglected was young, it was laughed at for wanting to become a Flareon, and was abandoned by its original owner due to the fact that nobody else (except for Fire-types) got along with it. Then Bill found and adopted it. Despite the hospitality Bill gave it when he owned it, Neglected had a case of claustrophobia which to this day prevents it from ever being put in the PC. Also because of said claustrophobia, Neglected must always lead your party whenever you aren't Surfing or riding your Bicycle, if one of your other Pokemon is soloing someone, or if you're in a cave. Because Fire-types were the only Pokemon that didn't ridicule it, Neglected may never fight a fellow Fire-type. Neglected must also solo at least 2 of the Kimono Girls in Ecruteak City, as they use Eeveelutions, which remind Neglected of when it was constantly made fun of when it was young. (Note: It may not attack the one that has a Flareon, but if it leads against her, it must switch out immediately)
Have fun!

Espeon, takr Gen the Mareep. Gen is obsessed by the book of Genesis, and wants to enact it through its life. Sadly for Gen, it was beat up when it had only read the first chapters, and so has fewer restrictions than it would have otherwise. Gen must learn Flash ASAP and use it one per battle it participates in because it likes light, must solo Falkner, the first gym, along with the first trainer of every gym, and must give in to devils(never fight dark types)

Espeon, take a Caterpie and name it Exodus. It must flee from any battle in which its opponent is the same level as or higher than it is. (That'll be most of the game once you catch it.) In Trainer battles, it must switch out immediately when the opponent brings out an equal- or higher-leveled Mon. When it becomes a Butterfree, it becomes a bit rebellious; every time you attack with Exodus, flip a coin. If it lands heads, choose your move; if not, switch Exodus out immediately. If Exodus is the last member of your party standing, then instead use a different move than the one you want. (Honor system, here.) It may never know Psychic, with one exception. If you can one-shot both of Chuck's Pokemon on the first try, you may teach it Psychic; however, if one of his mons survives by even one HP, you fail, and Psychic is permanently off the table. Have fun!

Good luck!

Thanks for these wonderful(ly difficult) pokemon! I will try to keep you up to date on how far I am, but I'm only gonna write exactly what happens during gym/rival battles and other big battles. Wish me luck!

Chapter 1

I'm just gonna put my gym battle:
Gen used Flash on Falkner's Pidgey, because she had to. It did nothing thanks to Keen Eye. Pidgey used Tackle, doing practically nothing. Gen used ThunderShock once to finish him off. Then, Falkner sent out Pidgeotto. Pidgeotto used Tackle, too. It also didn't do much. Gen used ThunderShock, bringing him to under half HP and paralyzing him. Then, Gen finished him off with another ThunderShock. i got the Zephyr Badge and TM 51 Roost. Mareep also evolved right after the battle!

My team:
Gen the Flaafy Female Lv. 15
Flash
ThunderShock
Thunder Wave
Tackle
Gen was pretty good this chapter, easily soloing the first gym (type advantage=not a challange at all). Definitely the MVP.

Pitcher the Bellsprout Male Lv. 12
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap
---
Pitcher wasn't bad this chapter either. he kicked some bug type butt, too. He can evolve as soon as the game will let him. The next gym will me hard, though.

Sorry, I don't know how to do the pokemon sprite thing up there^. if someone wants to private message me how, I'll do it next chapter.

I'm going to start a scramble with the following rules:

• Pokemon Emerald
  • No trading
  • Easy-Medium difficulty, This is my first Scramble Challange.
  • No legendaries, No level restrictions (I.e. Must be level 26 or lower when facing the E4) No Wurmple/Cascoon/Silcoon/Dustox/Beautifly because I effing hate that line. each pokemon must have 1 or more attacking moves.

Take Broken the Spoink. Broken was just learning how to hop (walk) when Mt. Chimney erupted. She was trying to hop away with her parents, and her dad just left, because he cared more about himself then Broken. Broken's mom died trying to save it. Broken got away against all odds, but she fell a few times, and broke the pearl on her head. This makes Broken unable to use psychic moves twice in a row. Broken also hates it's dad, so it must go in and battle any time there is a male psychic type on the other side. Broken will not ever fight a female psychic type. If it doesn't fight a male/does fight a female, it will go into a rampage. It will not listen and use a random move every turn for the next 3 battles it participates in (Just pick a random move; honor system). Broken must also be in battle the entire time against Liza and Tate.

To sum it up:
- can't use psychic type twice in a row
- always battle male/never battle female psychic types
- if above rule is broken, random move rampage for it's next 3 battles
- be in battle the whole time against liza and tate

Good luck! If this is too hard/easy or you don't like some part, just tell me. I can change it.

Mr Snorlax, sir, take a Torkoal and name him A'Tuin. (Kudos if you get the reference)

This Torkoal idolizes Flannery, so he must watch her battle. (Lead with him, have him solo at least one of her pokes)
After the battle, teach him Overheat. This must be his only Fire-type attack. (Extra points if you teach him Sunny Day)

Torkoal learns from Flannery, and decides to use her method of spamming Overheat.
Whenever he is below half health, he must use Overheat, then switch out. (Or die trying)

He must solo at least three trainers in Norman's gym.

He must solo three Pokemon in the Elite Four.

Good luck!

Mr. Snorlax (like a sir), enjoy your fresh new Seedot. When he is a seedot, he shall be named SeedLocke. when he is a Nuzleaf, call him Nuzlocke (see where I'm going here?), and when he's a Shiftry, name him Shiftlocke (damn I hope that fits).

In the Seedot form, he has no restrictions other then never being the lowest level in your party, because

>bide
>growl

=goddammit. Obviously, this doesn't apply when you first catch him-just get him up to speed quickly. He can be tied, I guess.

In the Nuzleaf form, there are two restrictions. First, Nuzlocke must die to Wattson's Voltorb as a Nuzleaf, and it must use Selfdestruct to kill you. Any other way, and soft reset and try again until it works. Secondly, Nuzlocke must be the highest level in your party as soon as possible.

In the Shiftry form, take it easy, no restrictions except that Shiftry must remain the highest level in your party.

Have fun!

MMS, take Luv the Mudkip.
Luv loves everyone, so can't use any moves >100 BP (including STAB). Luv does realise that force is some times necessary to do the best for someone, but doesn't like it, so Luv may only attack once every 2 turns. Good luck!

Mean Mr Snorlax, take Audio the Whismur. As a Whismur, Audio doesn't have any control over the noises it makes, so whenever you send it into battle, flip a coin. If you get heads, Audio can use sound-based moves. Use sound-based moves against 10 trainers with Audio to evolve it to Loudred.

When Audio becomes a Loudred, it has gained control of sound-based moves, and as such can use them whenever you want it to. However, Audio lets this get to its head, and decides to start out every battle it's in with a sound-related move. Solo 10 trainers with only sound-based moves to evolve again.

After Audio evolves to Exploud, it posesses complete and total mastery of sound-related moves. As such, 3 of its moves (one of which must be Hyper Voice if it gets that high in level) must be related to sound in some way. Solo 5 Elite Four Pokemon to demonstrate Audio's auditory capabilities.
Have fun!

Global Warming, mostly. My bad, guys.

In all seriousness, check the link and feel free to sign up. I played the unofficial one and it was a blast.
You did global warming, too? Dear god.

I signed up, anyway. I may forget to check things, so if you need me, shoot me a pm or something.

Level 51

the orchestra plays the prettiest themes
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SCL Champion
I'm going to start a scramble with the following rules:

• Pokemon Emerald
  • No trading
  • Easy-Medium difficulty, This is my first Scramble Challange.
  • No legendaries, No level restrictions (I.e. Must be level 26 or lower when facing the E4) No Wurmple/Cascoon/Silcoon/Dustox/Beautifly because I effing hate that line. each pokemon must have 1 or more attacking moves.
>> Randomly looks for a Gen III Poke
>> Gets Shedinja
>> "Okay why not"

Take Alive the Nincada.
This Nincada is alive.
If it faints more than twice, you lose the Scramble. Restart.

Once it reaches level 20 and evolves, name the Shedinja Alive (oh and box the Ninjask).
This Shedinja is alive.

Solo at least 10 Pokemon owned by Gym Leaders / Elite Four Members (easy as hell if you know which ones :P).

Obligatory advertisement: SSPL1 Signups open

Speaking of, how goes it?
Pretty well. I'm in the Radio Tower, battling Team Rocket grunts, trying to level up RandomEvil the Togetic before her solo of Claire.
Some memorable battles:
-With the last PP, Metronome pulled Ingrain, so I couldn't switch out.
Not wanting to waste an Ether, I had to PP stall a Gloom for roughly seventy turns.
-Metronome pulled Transform on the first turn, allowing Togetic to turn into a Golbat and sweep the entire enemy team.
-Metronome pulled Meteor Mash, which gave an attack boost, Swords Dance, and Meditate, putting Togetic at +4 attack, before pulling nothing but low-power special moves like Absorb and Charge Beam.

All in all, I love RandomEvil. Endlessly frustrating, but unendingly fun.

Chapter 2

i'm still just gonna do the gym battle. the first turn, Bugsy;s Scyther used Leer. Gen used ThunderShock. Then, Scyther used Focus Energy and Gen used Thunder Wave to paralyze Scyther. Then, Gen used Flash and Scyther used Quick Attack. Gen was now a little under full and Scyther was a little above half, but gen got a crit with ThunderShock to knock Scyther out. Then, i threw out Path and basically he used Water Gun a lot whil metapod and kakuna used Tackle/Poison Sting. I got the Hive badge and TM 89 U-Turn. Yay!

My team so far (a little underleveld, gonna need to do some grinding):
Gen the Flaafy Female Lv. 18
Flash
ThunderShock
Thunder Wave
Tackle
Gen was very good this chapter, beating the hard part of the gym. MVP

Path the Slowpoke Male Lv. 15
Water Gun
Confusion
Tackle
Yawn
Path was pretty good this chapter. he's gonna need to level up a lot to solo Whitney, though.

Pitcher the Bellsprout Male Lv. 16
Vine Whip
Growth
Wrap
___ -->PoisonPowder
Pitcher did well this chapter, but he didn't do much. He beat a Beedrill! Yay! 1 big bug type, 19 to goo! ...woohoo...

Joy the Togepi Male Lv. 15
Metronome
Extrasensory
Charm
Yawn
Joy wasn't very good this chapter. Mostly he just was catching up level-wise. but he should be better in upcoming chapters.

Still don't know how to put the pictures in, sorry. Wish me luck against Whitney with Path in Capter 3!

Take Broken the Spoink. Broken was just learning how to hop (walk) when Mt. Chimney erupted. She was trying to hop away with her parents, and her dad just left, because he cared more about himself then Broken. Broken's mom died trying to save it. Broken got away against all odds, but she fell a few times, and broke the pearl on her head. This makes Broken unable to use psychic moves twice in a row. Broken also hates it's dad, so it must go in and battle any time there is a male psychic type on the other side. Broken will not ever fight a female psychic type. If it doesn't fight a male/does fight a female, it will go into a rampage. It will not listen and use a random move every turn for the next 3 battles it participates in (Just pick a random move; honor system). Broken must also be in battle the entire time against Liza and Tate.

To sum it up:
- can't use psychic type twice in a row
- always battle male/never battle female psychic types
- if above rule is broken, random move rampage for it's next 3 battles
- be in battle the whole time against liza and tate

Good luck! If this is too hard/easy or you don't like some part, just tell me. I can change it.
Mr Snorlax, sir, take a Torkoal and name him A'Tuin. (Kudos if you get the reference)

This Torkoal idolizes Flannery, so he must watch her battle. (Lead with him, have him solo at least one of her pokes)
After the battle, teach him Overheat. This must be his only Fire-type attack. (Extra points if you teach him Sunny Day)

Torkoal learns from Flannery, and decides to use her method of spamming Overheat.
Whenever he is below half health, he must use Overheat, then switch out. (Or die trying)

He must solo at least three trainers in Norman's gym.

He must solo three Pokemon in the Elite Four.

Good luck!
Mr. Snorlax (like a sir), enjoy your fresh new Seedot. When he is a seedot, he shall be named SeedLocke. when he is a Nuzleaf, call him Nuzlocke (see where I'm going here?), and when he's a Shiftry, name him Shiftlocke (damn I hope that fits).

In the Seedot form, he has no restrictions other then never being the lowest level in your party, because

>bide
>growl

=goddammit. Obviously, this doesn't apply when you first catch him-just get him up to speed quickly. He can be tied, I guess.

In the Nuzleaf form, there are two restrictions. First, Nuzlocke must die to Wattson's Voltorb as a Nuzleaf, and it must use Selfdestruct to kill you. Any other way, and soft reset and try again until it works. Secondly, Nuzlocke must be the highest level in your party as soon as possible.

In the Shiftry form, take it easy, no restrictions except that Shiftry must remain the highest level in your party.

Have fun!
MMS, take Luv the Mudkip.
Luv loves everyone, so can't use any moves >100 BP (including STAB). Luv does realise that force is some times necessary to do the best for someone, but doesn't like it, so Luv may only attack once every 2 turns. Good luck!
Mean Mr Snorlax, take Audio the Whismur. As a Whismur, Audio doesn't have any control over the noises it makes, so whenever you send it into battle, flip a coin. If you get heads, Audio can use sound-based moves. Use sound-based moves against 10 trainers with Audio to evolve it to Loudred.

When Audio becomes a Loudred, it has gained control of sound-based moves, and as such can use them whenever you want it to. However, Audio lets this get to its head, and decides to start out every battle it's in with a sound-related move. Solo 10 trainers with only sound-based moves to evolve again.

After Audio evolves to Exploud, it posesses complete and total mastery of sound-related moves. As such, 3 of its moves (one of which must be Hyper Voice if it gets that high in level) must be related to sound in some way. Solo 5 Elite Four Pokemon to demonstrate Audio's auditory capabilities.
Have fun!
>> Randomly looks for a Gen III Poke
>> Gets Shedinja
>> "Okay why not"

Take Alive the Nincada.
This Nincada is alive.

Once it reaches level 20 and evolves, name the Shedinja Alive (oh and box the Ninjask).
This Shedinja is alive.

Solo at least 10 Pokemon owned by Gym Leaders / Elite Four Members (easy as hell if you know which ones :P).

Obligatory advertisement: SSPL1 Signups open

Thank you all for making it Pokemon Emerald Challenging! :D I shall update as soon as possible!

Chapter 3

So here's how the solo of Whitney went:
Try #1
Path used Confusion on Clefairy for a most likely 3HKO. Then, Clefairy used metronome to pull Lunar Dance, so she fainted. Yay! And it was for nothing, since Miltank was at full health. lol. So then, Miltank used Stomp, and Path flinched. then, Miltank used Attract, and Path used Blizzard for not very much damage at all. the next turn, miltank used Stomp, and Path was too in love to attack. The same thing happened again, leaving Path with only 6 HP left. So, i used a super potion while Miltank used Stomp again. miltank used Stomp and Path was in love again. So, i used another Super Potion. miltank just looooves Stomp and used it again. maybe i can PP stall...probably not. STUPID ATTRACT. Miltank used stomp while Path was all lovey dovey and didnt attack. AGAIN! Same thing happened 2 more times. Then, i had to use another Super potion. miltank used stomp. it happened again...stomp + in love = f you whitney. Finally, Path got over the fugly cow and attacked. if Miltank doesn't use Milk Drink/super potions(which she will) I can 4HKO this thing. Another Super Potion was used, while miltank used Rollout. Whoop dee fricekn doo. Another rollout then Blizzard to almost fainted...if she misses this and i hit with Blizzard, i can win...or maybe even with Confusion...i'll try Confusion, it hits more often. Rollout hit, but Path lived, and Confusion killed Miltank! BOOOOO TO THE YAAAAA!!!!!! I got the Plain Badge (after some crying)and TM 45 Attract. And, Path chose Path 1 (very physical Slowbro). Yay! Also, thank you for making this very difficult, King Serperior. Really. XD

Here's my team:
Path the Slowpoke Male Lv. 22
Water Gun
Confusion
Tackle
Blizzard
Path was awesome this chapter! he soloed Whitney, which is like impossible, and grew a bunch of levels. MVP

Gen the Flaafy Female Lv. 19
Flash
ThunderShock
Thunder
Tackle
Gen didn't do much this chapter.

Exodus the Butterfree Female Lv. 16
PoisonPowder
U-Turn
Roost
Gust
Exodus didn't do much this chapter, but will need to train hard if she's gonna beat Chuck alone in a couple chapters.

Joy the Togepi Male Lv. 16
Metronome
Extrasensory
Charm-->Attract
Yawn
Joy didn't do much, but he will have to train so he can solo morty to evolve to Togetic.

Pitcher the Bellsprout male lv. 16
Vine Whip
Growth
SolarBeam
PoisonPowder
Pitcher didn't do much this chapter.

I know that my team is severely underleveled (minus Path) but I'm really impatient and bad at grinding. i guess it has to come sometime. (next chapter, i promise) This is kinda hard, but probably cause of the underleveled thing lol.

I want to do a scramble.
Game: Sapphire
Difficulty: Medium
Rules: I want a starter, but you pick it. No legendaries, and no level restrictions. Also don't make me do too much grinding. A little is ok, but keep it easy on the grinding. NO WURMPLE!!!!!!! Also don't give anything really difficult to find, like feebas.

zpattack: Take Phil the tropius. When Phil was younger, he was beat up by the Absol around him. To this very day, he hates Absol and must destroy them all. He must solo any and all Absol, along with Sidney in the E4. Good luck!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 17)