This guy is my new favorite lead.

Borutorosu@Focus Sash
Mischievous Heart
252 Spe, 252 Sp Atk, 4 Hp
Taunt
Thunder Wave
Thunderbolt
Dark Pulse / Filler

As of now, I almost always fuck up whatever their lead does. Taunt, then switch, or ThunderWave.

Pretty freaking awesome lead <3
I think you want Focus Blast somewhere on that set. Stuff like this is exactly why I run Lead Ttar; it ruins everything.

Actually, I'd go with Hammer Arm for accuracy, if you want a Fighting attack at all. Voltolos just has so many options, it's hard to pick just four.

I think that this set might work I tried it out earlier I subbed on the switch when he went to Roobushin used toxic and effectively toxic stalled it to death this could work for other troublesome things in the new metagame at first I did have a different set but i used this one. and T-bolt just for stab. and with mischievous heart no need to worry about speed.

Borutorosu@Leftovers
252hp/252def/4.sp.def
Bold - Mischievous Heart

- Substitute
- Protect
- Toxic
- Thunder Bolt
Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but is this set usable? Because I ended up with a Bold Thundurus with a horrendous Speed IV (but with great SpAtk and Defenses), and was wondering if this sort of set would make up for it.

Was thinking more along the lines of balancing Sp.Def and Def, though - or would pure Def be better?

Sorry to bump this ancient thread, but is this set usable? Because I ended up with a Bold Thundurus with a horrendous Speed IV (but with great SpAtk and Defenses), and was wondering if this sort of set would make up for it.

Was thinking more along the lines of balancing Sp.Def and Def, though - or would pure Def be better?
sure he can be a wall.. but not a very good one.. also since zapdos can do it better, wall-wise.

im here posting as im really wondering as well, if there is any other set viable [after a few months of playing] besides a standard timid nature + moveset.

He does physical sets decently. It's arguably a nice element of surprise considering the sets he normally runs:

Thundurus @ Choice Band/Scarf
252 Atk/252 Spe/4 SpDef
Jolly / Prankster

Wild Charge
Hammer Arm
U-turn
Crunch/filler

He gets fighting/dark coverage, stab electric, and a nice U-turn to hit things that are expecting a Thunderbolt or Volt Switch. He can also throw in nice things like Tailwind/Thunderwave in the last slot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)