Other [Tier Shift] Hot in Herre (1 Year Anniversary RMT)

Hot in Herre
Hello everyone, I'm Peef Rimgar, and I'm presenting you with my first Tier Shift RMT! This is also my 1 year anniversary on this site, so I decided I'd commemorate by releasing one of my favourite teams. There will be shoutouts to cute users at the bottom, along with an importable and replays and the like.

I decided to build around Specs Typhlosion, as it seemed like a cute mon and it's getting suspected. There's no real other way to use it but in fire spam, so I put it alongside Charizard-X for a nice fire spam core :]

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Typhlosion was the central part of the team. I decided to opt for Specs over Scarf because of Typhlosion's already trolly speed tier, outspeeding a more than fair amount of the metagame as is. Eruption is the move to click 85% of the time, as it's an absolute nuke vs anything that doesn't resist it (and some resists, I believe it 3HKOs Slowking 0_o). Fire Blast is for when you take rocks damage mainly, or any time you go below 76%. Extrasensory is filler, no real reason to use it just needed a slot there. HP Grass nails most Fire resists pretty hard.

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
-
Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake
I'm using a more all out offensive set as opposed to a roost set of some sort to clear as much of a path for Typhlosion as possible. Dragon Dance will punch a good sized hole in most teams (especially in a metagame like tier shift where not too many people prepare for OU mons). Flare Blitz hits unreasonably hard after STAB and Tough Claws, with Dragon Claw and EQ bringing up the coverage.

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Xatu is the main way of preventing hazards, I will usually lead with it or, if I spot a bad situation, it'll come in when I feel like hazards are incoming. I decided to go CM as opposed to a bulkier set because it just fit the general team theme better. Plus, it can do serious work after a boost or two. Psyshock is obligatory STAB and nails special walls. Heat Wave is coverage for steels that wanna tank Psyshock. Roost helps Xatu stick around for a while.

Cobaelion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

So Cobalion is literally my favorite pokemon in this metagame, as I'm sure many of you know. It's terribly underrated and underused and can be such a good catch all for dark types. Special sets are a fantastic lure as well. Magnet Rise allows it to evade Earthquakes with the utmost of ease. Taunt stops set up of any sort in its tracks. Flash Cannon and Focus Blast are obligatory STABs, and both hi surprisingly hard.

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm

Shiftry is my "Oops i misplayed better fix it" button. Defog clears hazards that somehow bypassed Xatu and Cobalion's Taunt. Knock Off does knock off things and hits very hard. Sucker Punch is a good emergency switch vs sweepers that managed to set up. Leaf Storm hits very hard, even with minimal boosting, and nails physical walls.

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
-
Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Azumarill was the final mon, and it makes a nice late game win condition vs offensive teams. BellyJet is always very dangerous and, like most OU mons, underprepared for. Play Rough is a great STAB option as fairy is still one of the best types in the game. Knock Off is by far the best coverage option Azu has, hitting many Play Rough resists at least neutrally.

Typhlosion @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Eruption
- Fire Blast
- Extrasensory
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Charizard @ Charizardite X
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Xatu @ Leftovers
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Psyshock
- Calm Mind
- Heat Wave
- Roost

Cobaelion (Cobalion) @ Leftovers
Ability: Justified
Timid Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Taunt
- Flash Cannon
- Focus Blast

Shiftry @ Life Orb
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Defog
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Leaf Storm

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Knock Off

Well thats the team! I hope you'll enjoy using it!

Now, for shoutouts :]

Ranger Helmut
Thank you for getting me here, really. Before we met through the fucking glory of scRUb league, I really didn't have a place on Smogon, and you introduced me to OMs and helped me get started in a big way. #Free Ranger Mike

unfixable
Unfixable you're my boi, simple as that. I'm not even sure how we ended up becoming friends but I'm very glad we did. Thanks for being one of my best smogon frens, and I appreciate all of the stuff you've done for me, especially since I've returned.

Eevee General
We are the gay agenda.
Seriously though you're a chill as fuck leader and great person and you might be the genuinely nicest person I know.

insanelegend Kingslayer2779 Deathly ♛The King Ranger Helmut FishInABox
Tier Shift frens :]

Deathly ♛The King
If you talk about that fucking time I tried CTing you and failed one more time i s2g

Kingslayer2779
Shoutout to that time we ranked half of fucking Tier Shift into viability rankings. That was hellish and simultaneously fun.

Leafshield
#PeefShield <3

The Reptile
BaeMZ <3

Dell WhiteDMist Magnemite
This is all of current council I know off the top of my head. Thanks for giving me such a great chance before and I'm sorry I kinda disappeared. I plan on getting into PU once again in due time, though!

Piccolo Daimao BetaHousing The Immortal Uselesscrab Ransei Mamp imas234 Kit Kasai aesf TheBurgerKing99 Adrian Marin CactusCacti E4 Flint Kl4ng manu 11 Illusio Lcass4919 jeran Lucina09 PikachuunSnaquaza
OM Roomauth not already mentioned. You're all frens and I love you all.

If I forgot you I'm sorry my memory fails me often.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)