Project Top 10 Titans of the 6th Gen RU Metagame (Some final revision before Sun & Moon; check post #216)

Doublade
idk moltres / doublade is almost interchangeable to me so im goin w/ my original thought even tho moltres is gonna win

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And... I think it is pretty clear who was THE KING, THE MOST BUSTED, THE ALMIGHTY MONSTER of 6th gen RU, and that is:

VOTING FOR #2 STARTS NOW!

Guys, please, post a paragraph with a reasoning for your voting. It doesnt have to be the most elaborate thing but please, something >:V

OP WILL BE UPDATED WITH THIS AS WELL! (Wow, caps)

Doublade because it was a very bulky Pokémon and was great for the time it was there and had a lot of presence on the tier with SD sets and Bulky Sets allowing it to fit on many teams. It was just a great mon in RU because of this.

phantom

Banned deucer.
Doublade

It held down a significant number of top tier threats including Virizion, Cobalion, Durant, Tyrantrum, and Reuniclus, which only began to excel once it moved up to UU. Doublade was also the face of offense from Shuckle meta up until the time it moved up. It also proved to excel even on stallish archetypes due its outstanding defensive characteristics and ability to act as a win condition. It was a perfect Pokemon in pretty much everything it wanted to accomplish; the only thing keeping it above Moltres was the fact that its checks were actually good.

Doublade

It was a keystone that prevented a bunch of other major threats from completely breaking the tier.

This leaves my choice for Titan #3 (next round) as a toss-up between Gligar and Reuniclus.

The latter can be my #4 vote because it could cause a lot of devastation as a CM sweeper and forced players to run multiple checks (Doublade + Drapion cores on offense) or odd techs (Megahorn Rypherior) in order to prevent it from spiraling out of control. Although it's combination of power, bulk, and immunity to passive damage made it a huge teambuilding constraint even when one of its best checks resided the tier, Doublade still held it down by a good amount.

Last edited:

ScraftyIsTheBest

On to new Horizons!
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Doublade

Very consistent threat, checked like over half of the top threats in the metagame when it was around, had a strong defensive typing, massive physical bulk, and had Swords Dance which made it potent both offensively and defensively. It was also the best spinblocker around when it was here (could block Hitmonlee I guess Kabutops too) and this combined with the previous reasons made it a staple of offense. Overall it was a very consistently useful mon that was both very threatening and a staple on the vast majority of teams when it was RU.

MrAldo

Hey
is a Social Media Contributoris a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
And the 2nd place wins in another landslide! And is this one:

OP will be updated. Now it starts getting more controversial, huh? (Maybe not)

VOTING FOR #3 STARTS NOW!

Guys, please, post a paragraph with a reasoning for your voting. It doesnt have to be the most elaborate thing but please, something >:V

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)