Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 64 Def / 180 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Roost
- Heat Wave
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
[/hide]
This stall core is built to stack and remove hazards, along with the purpose of mitigating each other's weaknesses.

Hippowdon is the core's stealth rock setter and general wall, and uses Toxic to whittle down the opponent's offensive switch-ins and fat resists. Earthquake and Slack off are the standard STAB and recovery, respectably. It handles powerful attackers like Charizard-X and the Lati's, as well as stopping most Electric-types in their tracks.

Chesnaught is used as a spike setter and physical wall, and is capable of handling most physical attackers one-on-one if they aren't boosted. Leech seed gives recovery and chips away at the opponent's HP, as does drain punch. Wood hammer is used as a hard-hitting STAB to beat opposing bulky waters and grounds, however, if the rest of the team can handle these threats then Synthesis is preferable to give Chesnaught more longevity.

Finally, Zapdos falls in as the hazard remover with Defog. Although a rapid spinner is generally optimal, Chesnaught and Hippowdon are able to lay hazards consistently throughout the match, so this isn't a big issue. Zapdos helps this core by bringing much-needed offensive pressure with Thunderbolt and helping check BirdSpam. It runs Heat Wave to beat the likes of Scizor and Ferrothorn, which would otherwise be a nuisance to this core. Roost is recovery, of course.
Zapdos uses its specially defensive set in this core because the core already has sufficient physical bulk and needs a reliable answer to many special attackers.

This core is obviously threatened by Ice-types and stallbreakers in general, so other team members that can take handle them are greatly needed.

Last edited:
Mega Lopunny + Hoopa-U + Gengar

Lopunny-Mega @ Lopunnite
Ability: Limber
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Fake Out
- Ice Punch
- Return
- High Jump Kick

Hoopa-Unbound @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Fire Punch
- Grass Knot
- Hyperspace Hole

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Focus Blast
- Will-O-Wisp

Mega Lopunny and Gengar are already a great core, as Gengar beats the fairies that threaten the other two. Will-O-Wisp on Gengar helps cripple physical threats so Hoopa can actually take a hit and destroy the opposing pokemon. Since Hippowdon and bulky grounds can check Mega Lopunny, Hoopa is there to deal massive damage to them, especially with Grass Knot. I have Fire Punch on Hoopa-U to kill Mega Scizor, as it's an annoying pokemon to deal with. Hyperspace Hole > Psychic since Sub CM Keldeo gets a free kill if used. Overall it's an extremely powerful core that excels at wallbreaking.

Wouldn't it be better to run Energy Ball to hit rotom-wash harder? Or is Hippowdon a bigger threat?

AD impish john

Consumed by Darkness...
Voting is Over! This weeks winner goes to Core 3 by MrAldo and our Runner-Up (which is a tie again) goes to Core 2 by Lange and Core 8 by FrozenCold . Congrats to all of you!

Core 3: 6
Core 2: 5
Core 8: 5
Core 5: 4
Core 1: 3
Core 7: 2
Core 11: 2
Core 4: 1
Core 6: 1
Core 12: 1

Dr Ciel

Banned deucer.
Mega Alakazam - Scizor - Heatran

Will edit when I wake up.

This is a pretty solid and effective core for Bulky Offense teams thanks to their pretty solid synergy with each other. First up, we have Mega Alakazam, an insanely underrated, yet effective Mega in the meta. Mega Alakazam can use its insanely high Special Attack stat and ridiculous Speed stat to run through offensively based teams. Up next is Choice Band Scizor, a somewhat common threat. Due to Mega Alakazam's frail nature, it is unable to manually switch into anything, so Scizor provides a slow U-Turn in order to get Mega Alakazam in unscathed. Scizor can also eliminate bulky-Psychic types, most notably Jirachi, for Mega Alakazam. Finally, Heatran rounds out the core by providing a ton of support to the core. Heatran helps out Mega Alakazam by checking Scizor, Mega Sableye, and while also checking most variants of Talonflame. Heatran also provides Stealth Rock support for both members, especially for Mega Alakazam, which allows it to wallbreak much more easily.

Alakazam @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Focus Blast
- Shadow Ball
- Encore / Substitute

Scizor @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit / Knock Off

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stone Edge
- Stealth Rock

Last edited:
reserving heatran latios mega scizor

This is a pretty standard balance/bulky core, composed by Heatran, which helps against electric type Pokemon and provides Stealth Rock support, Latios, which deals with Keldeo and Charizard Y, and Mega Scizor, that covers the others from Weavile, Bisharp, Azumarill, Kyurem-Black, Mega Diancie, and Mega Lopunny. You can also put Latias instead of Latios in order to have as much bulk as possible.
Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Lava Plume
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Earth Power
- Toxic

Latios @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 84 Def / 120 SpD / 56 Spe
Careful Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Bug Bite / Superpower
- Roost

Last edited:

Sets:

Charizard @ Charizardite-Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 4 Def/ 252 SpA/ 252 Spe
Timid Nature
-Fire Blast
-Focus Blast
-Solar Beam
-Roost

Volcarona @ Lum Berry
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 64 HP/ 252 SpA/ 4 SpD/ 188 Spe
Timid Nature
-Quiver Dance
-Fire Blast
-Giga Drain
-Bug Buzz

Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk/ 4 SpA/ 252 Spe
Naughty Nature
-V-Create
-Bolt Strike
-U-Turn
-Glaciate

Explanation:

At first I wanted some type diversity in my post, but after deciding I wouldn't use Heatran or Scizor like most people, I just said screw it, we're making a mono-fire core. It aims to secure a Volcarona sweep by wallbreaking with Zard-Y and pivoting with ScarfTini.

Charizard-Y is pretty simple. Switch in, Fire Blast things, get scared out, come back later, repeat. It runs its normal coverage to beat bulky waters, Tyranitar, and Heatran. Roost is for longevity. Remember that Focus Blast is this core's only way around Heatran.

Volcarona is the core's sweeper. I EV'd it to allow it to outspeed Scarf KyuB after Quiver Dancing, and put the rest into bulk. Fire Blast is the nuke, Bug Buzz kills the Lati twins and fat psychics in general, and Giga Drain beats water and ground types. It has no way around Heatran, so it must be dealt with before a sweep is attempted.

Finally, Victini uses its powerful V-Create to punch holes using Zard-Y's sun and blow past water resists with Bolt Strike. U-Turn is very important for gaining momentum and giving Zard-Y/ Volcarona safe switch-ins. Glaciate is needed to deal with the likes of Tankchomp and Landorus-T, 2HKO'ing them after rocks.

Usage Tips:

Being a mono-fire core, this group lacks a few things, such as: a solid answer to the Latis, Sand and Rain Offense, Scarf Keldeo, Torn-T, and various other threats. It also wants better ways to deal with the likes of Heatran, Talonflame, and Tyranitar. Teammates that can handle those Pokemon are very much needed.

Otherwise, try this core out for fun and we how it works. Clearly, using three fire types on your team won't get you to number one on the ladder, but it seems pretty amusing and effective.

Last edited:

Rumor

when bae sees your sketchers light up

@ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 156 Atk / 100 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat
- Gunk Shot
- Grass Knot / Mach Punch

@ Life Orb
Timid Nature
IVs: 29 HP
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Energy Ball / Earthquake
- Roost

@ Scizorite
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off / Pursuit / Superpower
- Roost

(s/o to albacore for the infernape spread)

essentially what this core is, is to trap/eliminate azu's and lati twins.

These 3 mons cover each others weaknesses perfectly (to my best knowledge). Latios takes care of the water, ground and fighting weaknesses, while scizor takes care of ice, also ground and fighting, dragon, psychic and fairy weaknesses and finally infernape gets rid of everything in between, (ie dark, ice, fairy, etc).

Going through the movesets, infernape has gunk shot, which is for the incredibly annoying azumarill, gardevoir and clefable. this does a whopping amount of damage to the aforementioned mons, while not sacrificing a beneficial moveslot. I have mach punch and grass knot slashed because they are both fairly useful. GK can be used for Hippo (a pain) and Azu (already have gunk shot so idk). However mach punch can be used for finishing off mons, like an excadrill in sand, weavile, breloom etc. i personally think GK is a bit more useful.

Latios has Energy Ball / Earthquake. Like i said earlier, Azu and hippo are huge problems, so i have E-Ball. a very niche move, but is very handy when able to use. I have EQ as a slash as well because Heatran is a pain if i dont have superpower on scizor. Roost as the final move for longevity.

Finally, the most fickle mon of the group: scizor.
Finding a last move for this mon was tough. I personally like pursuit the most because it traps the most threatening mon to this team : Latios. i was debating on whether or not to add some SpD evs to help with the oncoming hp fire's and draco's, but i didnt want to take away from its offensive capabilities. I also have Knock off there (cuz knock off is the best move in the game) and superpower, for the pesky ferro's, heatrans and anything else along those lines.

i took a long time writing this, vote for me

Last edited:

p2

Banned deucer.
Mega Scizor + Slowking + Heatran
okay, this is a pretty nice balance core I came across when teambuilding. Slowking and Heatran are weak to Weavile, and Mega Scizor does a great job of patching that up because its a really cool Weavile counter. Scizor + Heatran is weak to Zard Y and Keldeo, so I went with AV Slowking instead of Latis (also good options here) because it's a good special tank and I just wanted to use it considering I haven't use it before :o
Slowking is weak to Grass types, which Scizor beats if they lack Fire coverage and Heatran beats if they lack Ground coverage, though Electric types in general are really annoying for this core but despite that, I think this is a pretty nice core

Scizor @ Scizorite
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD*
Impish Nature
- Defog / Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn / Superpower
*You can also use the standard bulky SD spread, I chose 252hp/252def for more team specific reasons

Slowking @ Assault Vest
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 120 SpA / 136 SpD / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Fire Blast
- Power Gem
- Psyshock

Heatran @ Leftovers
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Earth Power
- Taunt
- Lava Plume / Toxic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)