Project Type Cores

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi guys this is mine core.

This core is pretty solid, it's a core with a fantastic synergy ,together can wall a big part of mg , VenuTar it's 1 of most powerful core of this mg, venusaur can give u match up in almost all battle thanks to good type , the bulkyness and good coverage, and help much ttar vs his main threat as Keldeo,Azumarill,Conkeldurr,Serperior etc... and ttar with pursuit and scarf can trap 1 of the largest threat of many teams namely Gengar, and support venusaur vs psychic type especially vs the Latwins. Gliscor help TTar and Venusaur stopping the remaining threat as Terrakion(not much used y), Bisharp, Heatran(not switch in obviously without gliscor because ttar risk burn) Jirachi etc... in short i hope u have understand this core it's very solid.

Sets:

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Crunch
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Venusaur @ Venusaurite
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 248 HP / 96 Def / 144 SpD / 20 Spe
Bold Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Synthesis
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 248 HP / 188 Def / 72 Spe
Impish Nature
- Taunt
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Knock Off

So this is a nice aggressive core, which is probably why I thought of it given that's my preferred play-style. The basic idea here is to secure a Serperior sweep. Serperior is known for having issues with Fire- and Steel- types, which is why I'm sticking on Terrakion. With a faster physical attacker set it outpaces and beats common problems for Serperior such as Heatran and Mega-zard Y, as well as revenge killing any Talonflame not carrying Will-O-Wisp. Thundurus-I also takes on Talon, whilst providing Prankster Thunder Wave support to slow down threats faster than Serperior and to act as a panic check to set up sweepers such as Mega-zard X (which this core struggles with). HP flying also provides coverage to remove bulky Grass- types such as Chestnaught and Mega-Venusaur that annoy the other two.

Edit: Forgot to add that this core leaves your Mega slot open, so that's nice. A lot of the other cores do as well, but... still something?
Terrakion revenge kills even banded Talonflame
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Terrakion: 256-303 (79.2 - 93.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Thundurus also threatens out any non-banded Talonflame
252+ Atk Choice Band Talonflame Brave Bird vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Thundurus: 157-186 (52.5 - 62.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

While also securing the 2HKO on Mega-Venusaur
252 SpA Life Orb Thundurus Hidden Power Flying vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Venusaur: 213-252 (58.5 - 69.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Calcs for Heatran/Zard-Y/Chestnaught shouldn't be necessary.

Serperior @ Life Orb
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Substitute / Glare

The choice between Sub and Glare is pretty much preference, Glare helps Serperior outspeed stuff while Sub can be set up on predicted switches or status.

Thundurus (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 30 HP / 0 Atk / 30 Def / 30 SpA / 30 SpD
- Thunderbolt
- Thunder Wave
- Hidden Power [Flying]
- Focus Blast / Nasty Plot

Again the choice between Focus Blast and Nasty Plot is pretty much preference; Nasty Plot allows Thundurus to act as a decent win condition or wallbreak, while Focus Blast is good coverage for Steel-types.

Terrakion @ Life Orb
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Taunt / Stealth Rock

A Choice Scarf set also fills out this role, but Life Orb is preferred for the extra power. Close Combat and Earthquake allow Terrakion to super effectively hit every Steel-type in the tier bar Skarmory and Scizor. Taunt is used in the last slot to allow Terrakion to stallbreak or act as a counter lead. Stealth Rock is an option if the team can't fit it anywhere else.

Scizor is fairly intimidating to this core, especially U-Turn or Bug Bite variants, though Serperior's HP Fire does OHKO at +2 and with rocks or any prior chip damage (such as a Leaf Storm on the switch).

Zard-X is also an issue; while Terrakion's Stone Edge does OHKO it, Terrakion can't take an EQ and is outsped after a Dragon Dance. Thundurus can paralyse it but can't do much more than that.

Mega-Altaria is a problem for mostly the same reasons as Zard-X, though its even harder to kill off as Terrakion has no super effective coverage.

That's all I can think of at the moment but I'll anything people bring up. Based on the fact that most people don't even include this section I've probably done enough anyway.

Last edited:
Mega-Tyranitar + Gyarados + Serperior

Here is a cool core revolved around the forgotten threat of Mega-Tyranitar. A lot of teams are unprepared for Mega-Tyranitar once it sets up a Dragon Dance. All you have to do is press Stone Edge. What sets it apart from its Choice Scarf set is its flexibility. With Earthquake and Stone Edge, Tyranitar can check a lot more Pokemon like Mega-Charizard, Heatran, Magnezone, etc. Plus you opt for the elemental punches like Ice Punch and Fire Punch. Fire Punch works best with this core to take out the steel types like Bisharp, Scizor and Ferrothorn. While Ice Punch can take out Dragon Pokemon like Garchomp, Altaria, Latios, Latias. However, there are some mons that can stop Tyranitar from sweeping. This is where Gyarados and Serperior come in. Gyarados lures in Landorus, Rocky-Helmet Garchomp and other Dragon mons and get the surprise KO with Natural Gift. Gyarados also takes care of Bulky ground types like Hippowdon and Fighting types like Keldeo, Breloom and Mega-Lopunny with Bounce and Waterfall. Serperior rounds out the core by taking care of Bulky-Water types with its STAB Leaf Storm. Glare helps this core to catch faster mons on the switch-in and cripple them for Tyranitar to sweep late game. Serperior can also act as a second win-coin for this set with its high speed and Contrary.

Tyranitar@ Tyranitarite
EVs: 8 HP / 252 Atk / 248 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch / Ice Punch / Crunch
- Dragon Dance

Gyarados @ Galon Berry / Lum Berry
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 88 HP / 192 Atk / 4 Def / 224 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Natural Gift / Substitute
- Bounce

Serperior @ Life Orb / Miracle Seed
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Glare / Substitute

Gyarados lures in Landorus, Rocky-Helmet Garchomp and other Dragon mons and get the surprise KO with Natural Gift.
No Landorus would ever switch into or stay in vs Gyarados. And why don't you run Ice Fang instead of Natural Gift (It still OHKOes FatChomp at +1 and gives you more coverage)? This frees up an item slot for you to run Leftovers, Life Orb or Lum Berry.

Hey everyone. Here's my entry for the week:

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 32 Atk / 224 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Protect
- Moonblast
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power

Talonflame @ Sharp Beak
Ability: Gale Wings
EVs: 120 HP / 252 Atk / 136 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Brave Bird
- Flare Blitz
- Roost

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Protect
- Leech Seed
- Power Whip

I started with one of my favourite new Megas: Diancie. I chose the standard set Protect + 3 attacks. Looking at Diancie's most common checks and counters, almost all of them are pretty weak to Talonflame. In return, Diancie can heavily damage / straight out eliminate Talonflame's most common switch-ins (Heatran, Tyranitar and Rotom-W to name a few). To round off the core, I went with Ferrothorn for its ability to set Spikes and to check bulky water mons (a common weakness to both Diancie and Talonflame). I guess Sand Rush Excadrill and Mega Manectric can be a bit annoying but that's what Landorus-T the other team slots are for.
Sets can be customized according to your preferred team style.

Landorus-Therian @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge(Rock Slide if u h8 its god accuracy and like to flinch)
- Swords Dance
- Rock Polish

Tyranitar @ Leftovers
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 60 Atk / 200 SpA
Brave Nature
- Thunder Wave
- Stone Edge
- Ice Beam
- Pursuit

Venusaur-Mega @ Venusaurite
Ability: Thick Fat
EVs: 156 HP / 252 SpA / 100 Spe
Modest Nature
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Synthesis

WE BE SWEEPIN!!!! I started with Double Dance Lando-T because it can set up and do da work on most teams. However Lando-T is weak to crap like rotom-w,slowbro,azumarill,keldeo so I added Mega Venusaur. I added 100 speed to outspeed Rotom-W if it still runs 44 speed. I added HP fire for Ferrothorn and scizor which lando-t can struggle with. Next I added T-tar because I was weak to mons like Lati twins, Talonflame, Zard X. I have T-wave because I like Brazillian T-tar and it helps cripple zard x if it starts getting ddances up. Ice beam was for lando-t,gchomp,and gliscor. This team appreciates anything fast because its really slow and anything that helps stop Mega Medicham like slowbro and something to stop mega sableye like keldeo or azumarill.
200 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 384-456 (108.4 - 128.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
200 SpA Tyranitar Ice Beam vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 364-432 (95.2 - 113%) -- 75% chance to OHKO
60+ Atk Tyranitar Pursuit vs. 72 HP / 0 Def Latias: 140-168 (43.8 - 52.6%) -- 75.4% chance to 2HKO after sandstorm damage
+1 252+ Atk Mega Charizard X Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Tyranitar: 330-390 (81.8 - 96.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion

Yo.
So I've been messing around with this core for a while now. Its really consistent despite the look. Basically I was looking through old replays from xy and i remember using this gliscor set with taunt & toxic and i thought sure ill use it. Its really fun and I thought i'd share it. Basically Roserade is a underprepared threat and it does really good against most teams getting a sleep or a leaf storm off. Diancie is the Rock pokemon of the core and helps vs flying types and dragon types like garchomp, latios and tornadus. The backbone, Gliscor is really there to help vs bulky offense and balance which are very good playstyles right now. Toxic taunt eartquake is really underrated and can break down teams with the right amount of support and pressure.

Roserade @ Life Orb/Focus Sash
Ability: Technician
EVs: 252 SpA / 24 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hidden Power [Fire]/Hidden Power [Ground]
- Sludge Bomb
- Sleep Powder
- Leaf Storm/Giga Drain

Diancie-Mega @ Diancite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Diamond Storm
- Earth Power
- Protect
- Moonblast

Gliscor @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 244 HP / 188 SpD / 76 Spe
Careful Nature
- Earthquake
- Taunt
- Roost
- Toxic
Enjoy the core
The Fabulous CE

Career Ended

Whatever happens, happens
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris the defending Other Metas Circuit Champion

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Shadow Ball
- Substitute
- Focus Blast

Charizard-Mega-Y @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Drought
EVs: 40 HP / 252 SpA / 216 Spe
Modest Nature
- Fire Blast
- Solar Beam
- Focus Blast
- Roost

Tyranitar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Yea so i get the first one :]
I saw flying and was dam the best pokemon in ou is flying. Zard-y + TTar is just a classic xy core that everyone knows and everyone runs. Gengar is a very underused threat that just tears through unprepared teams. So the premise of the core is just to kill everything on the other team as fast as possible. Zard-y does this with 4/6 pokemon on 4/5 teams. gengar is for those stall teams. This set is very effective vs alot of things, specifically fat balance and stall which if theyre packing stuff besides lati or torn that ttar cant deal with can be annoying for this core. Then Ttar is there for everything else, namely fast electrics, torn, lati and other stuff that beats zard + gengar. This core is very succesful vs any team that isnt packing 3 scarfers or multiple priority. If your wondering why i have eq on ttar over something more viable like ice beam or superpower, its because spdef dragalge really hurts the other two mons in the core. Hope you like the monstrosity that zard-y is :]]]
The fabulous CE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)