Tournament Type Expert - Season 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kev

Part of the journey is the end
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Banner made by Moosical

Type Expert - Season 2
Approved by - Eien, Vid, Acast, Paleo // Co-hosted with Ticken

Some users may recognize this event's name from the first iteration about a year and a half ago. This time around, however, there are a few changes: randomization of the later tournament's typings, time and place of the tournaments, and the loss of Grand Battles. As always, there will be an easily accessible bracket on a spreadsheet to allow for early preparation and transparency throughout the event. In addition, this season will still feature all 18 types twice and use the same scoring system of 5 points awarded to the winner, 3 to the runner-up, and 1 to both semi-finalists. The tournaments will be hosted on Monday and Friday, 1 PM EDT and 6 PM EDT for each week for 9 weeks. (Look below for the scheduled start date). Ticken will host both 1 PM EDT tournaments while I will host both 6 PM EDT tournaments each week for the event.

Monothreat:
(From the Mono OM Mega thread)
"Monothreat is the premier OM featured in Monotype exclusively. As the name suggests, it is a Monotype battle where both players use the same type. Given that both players are using the same type, they can build around very specific threats and run Pokémon that counter their own type. This leads to interesting developments, seeing Pokémon and sets be used that would not likely be seen otherwise in competitive Monotype play."

Teambuilding Tip / Advice: Do not rush the teambuilding process by only slapping on pokemon with a dual typing that has the instinctive advantage. I.e. Tropius or Vileplume on Grass or Magcargo on Fire. Scroll through their move pools for inspiration and play with different EV spreads, with the use of the Damage Calculator, to fully optimize your teams. The Pokemon usage pool for most types is rather limited so try to refrain from 252/252/4 EVs where you can and be creative!

Type Expert Rules
- Scouting is strictly prohibited and will be banned at the start of each tournament. No recreations due to accidentally or intentionally incorrect teams will be accepted.
- Participants are allowed to switch teams at the beginning of each round at their will.
- Users may join all 36 tournaments regardless, even if they have won the previous Monothreat for its respective type.
- Flaming from anyone in this thread is strictly prohibited. (Flaming is drama started by one or more parties.)
- Report to Ticken or KevinELF any issues regarding the spreadsheet.
- Battles are to be done ONLY in tournaments hosted in the Monotype Event room on the main PS server to count for this event.

Type Expert will begin on Monday, April 9th at 1 PM EDT

Ticken

Lotad & Bulbasaur Enthusiast
is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
As of Friday, April 13th, week 1 has concluded and I want to list off the winners for recognition. (I will only be listing off the top two finishers for each Monothreat. Go to the bracket for a complete list of the top 3!)

Week 1:
(Monday April 9, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: The Excadrill
Runner-up: Nailec
(Monday April 9, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: Chaitanya1.9
Runner-up: wuhoodude
(Friday April 13, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: Chaitanya1.9
Runner-up: Derpeddeath
(Friday April 13, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: Me (Ticken)
Runner-up: ToxaNex

Last edited:

Ticken

is a Top Tutoris a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Top Artistis a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host
B101 Leader
The second week of Type Expert has finished. To commemorate the winners, here is the list of the top 2 in each tourney:

Week 2:
(Monday April 16, 2018 2PM EDT)
Winner: Wyn
Runner-up: Dolphindude
(Monday April 16, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: Dolphindude
Runner-up: Mersh
(Friday April 20, 2018 2PM EDT)
Runner-up: zugubu royale
(Friday April 20, 2018 6PM EDT)
Runner-up: Moosical

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 3:
(Monday April 23, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: TheAveng92R
Runner-up: wyn
(Monday April 23, 2018 6PM EDT)
(Friday April 28, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: Nailec
Runner-up: dhaarma
(Friday April 27, 2018 6PM EDT)

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 4:
(Monday April 30, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: zugubu royale
Runner-up: ShadowHummingbird
(Monday April 30, 2018 6PM EDT)
Runner-up: Banettite64
(Friday May 4, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: Nexecutioner (ToxaNex)
Runner-up: dhaarma
(Friday May 4, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: Cloud9 NxtLvl
Runner-up: smub

Special s/o to Decemm for filling in as a temporary host during the Dragon shift!

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 5:
(Monday May 7, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: iExca
Runner-up: Chaitanya
(Monday May 7, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: iExca
Runner-up: Me
(Friday May 11, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: ToxaNex
Runner-up: 123456789mas
(Friday May 11, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: Me
Runner-up: EricSaysHi

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 6 Winners:
(Monday May 14, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: AV8
Runner-up: TheAveng92R
(Monday May 14, 2018 6PM EDT)
Runner-up: The Excadrill
(Friday May 18, 2018 1PM EDT)
Runner-up: Nexecutioner (ToxaNex)
(Friday May 18, 2018 6PM EDT)
Runner-up: EricSaysHi

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 7 Winners:
(Monday May 21, 2018 1PM EDT)
Runner-up: Keahi
(Monday May 21, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: EricSaysHi
(Friday May 25, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: zugubu royale
Runner-up: Dolphindude
(Friday May 25, 2018 6PM EDT)
Runner-up: czim

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 8 Winners:
(Monday May 28, 2018 1PM EDT)
Winner: Dragon Expert Soma
Runner-up: The Consort
(Monday May 28, 2018 6PM EDT)
Runner-up: juleocesar
(Friday June 1, 2018 1:30PM EDT)
Runner-up: zugubu royale
(Friday June 1, 2018 6PM EDT)
Winner: Chaitanya
Runner-up: iTayInTot

Next week is the final week for Type Expert so if you want to make it to the leaderboard or improve your final ranking, make sure to participate! There are a total of 20 points left for any one player to get next week! In addition to the winner's list next week I will include the top 3 finishers to conclude this event (: ! See you all next week!

Ticken

B101 Leader
Week 9 Winners:
(Monday May 28, 2018 1PM EDT)
(Monday May 28, 2018 6PM EDT)
(Friday June 1, 2018 1:30PM EDT)
Winner: dhaarma
Runner-up: Chaitanya
(Friday June 1, 2018 6PM EDT)

On the behalf of KevinELF, I would like to thank everyone who participated nearly every week and persisted in creating their teams in preparation for the tournaments. For the most part, I enjoyed watching and assisting players who were new to Monothreat and witnessing them develop over the course of a 9-week period. The tournament may have taken a hit in participation from season 1 to 2 because of the transfer from the main Monotype room to the sub room, Monotype Events. But nonetheless, I still believe it was a success when people continually asked "when is the next one?" or "what do you mean the end?". I can not promise anyone anything just yet but this is hopefully not the last Monothreat event you will see from me ;)

Leaderboard Top 3!:
Ticken - 55 points (15.28%)
ToxaNex - 42 points (11.67%)
iExca - 32 points (8.89%)

KevinELF Ty for co-hosting this event with me! Was a pleasure to have you help me decide when I needed another opinion.
Moosical Life saver when it came to advertising for the early wave. I really appreciate you doing that for me :D

(Tagging Eien to close this thread when you get a chance ^^)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)