Ultimate Typhlosion team

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hey. Ive been working on this OU team for a while. I peaked at around 1400 but am usually around the mid 2000s but Im hoping you can help make it even better. Take a look!

HelloKitty (Mew) @ Leftovers
Trait: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 148 Def / 108 Spd
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt
- Softboiled
- Ice Beam

Mew's my stall breaker. Pretty sure most people know how well this set does. Fun to use too. I just taunt, then burn and stall from there. Wil-o-Wisp takes care of ttars and any other physical threat that would otherwise threaten my team. It can take a crunch from ttar comfortably; even banded ones.(could also just switch to terra on a predicted crunch and nab the atk boost from justified.) Ice beam is great for taking out dragons like dnite/salamence and ground types like gliscors . Cant touch fire types though. However, its main job in my team is to prevent hazards at all costs.

Hot Head (Typhlosion) (M) @ Choice Specs
Trait: Blaze
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Eruption
- Focus Blast
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Ice]

The underdog of the pokemon metagame and my favorite pokemon of all time. Thanks to my mew, its eruption doesnt get weakened by hazards. It was kind of a difficult choice picking between choice scarf or choice specs but i went with specs since it does much better with the extra power and its fast enough to outspeed a good amount of pokemon. Its moveset is pretty self explanitory. Hp ice is for dragons and ground. I know infernape is better than typhlosion but I dont really care. It holds its own in my team and is never deadweight. Plus hes awesome. Its eruption can ohko-2hko anything that doesnt resist it and its hp ice takes care of gliscor. btw, anyone have any idea when its dw ability is going to be released? Making is scarfed with flash fire sounds like a good combo.

Splash (Rotom-W) @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 124 HP / 252 SAtk / 132 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Volt Switch
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
Kinda combined the bulky and speedy rotoms together here. Using evs for a bulky rotom with the moveset of a speedy rotom along with scarf. It keeps the momentum going with volt switch and can trick to opposing chanseys. This is my answer to garydoses, infernapes and poliitoads.

Queendra (Kingdra) (F) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Swift Swim
EVs: 144 HP / 160 Atk / 40 SDef / 164 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Waterfall
- Rest

Kingdra is my counter to all weather. Dominates in the rain with rain boosted waterfalls and swift swim and doesnt mind the sand since it is ttars and other common sand threats weakness. It does alright in hail too if it has a chance to set up. It would be walled by ferrothorns but typhlosion and mew can easily defeat it. Rest and lum berry can keep burns away from it.

Scizor.2 (Genesect) @ Expert Belt
Trait: Download
EVs: 8 Atk / 248 SAtk / 252 Spd
Hasty Nature (+Spd, -Def)
- U-turn
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Flame Charge

I gave it flame charge over scarf and rock polish so i can get a speed boost and attack ferros, and other steels without the need of flamethrower. It also allows it to make better use of a attack boost.Had ice beam for opposing dragons and t-bolt for water types.

Thunder Cat (Terrakion) @ Focus Sash
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Stealth Rock
- Close Combat
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Since my team was kinda weak to heatrans, terrakion can wipe them out with earthquake. Its an attempt at a offensive stealth rocker since most people wouldnt expect stealth rocks from it and after hazards are set, it can start wailing on the other team with its powerful attacks. Gave him a ev spread to make it as fast and powerful as possible and the evs on sp def is to keep genesects from getting a boost on their sp attack.

TESTING

Salamander (Dragonite) (M) @ Lum Berry Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spe, -SAtk)
- Waterfall/ExtremeSpeed
- Fire Punch
- Outrage
- Dragon Dance

So here is a possible replacement for kingdra. Altho kingdra is epic in rain, Dnite does not need opposing rain to dominate. Might go with jolly over adamant for the extra speed to help outspeed opposing dragonites. So far it has been working nicely

The first thing I noticed was that half your team is weak to water. Try Vaporeon or Jellicent, it can help absorb that water weakness away, since it has Water Absorb.

Terrakion does not need a Focus Sash. It has a good enough defense stat that most moves will not OHKO it. Stealth Rock seems clever, as Terrakion has great coverage, but it ruins the point of Terrakion sweeping, which is what it was made to do.

For Genesect, I suggest you use either a Choice Scarf of an Expert Belt, as they both work better than Life Orb with Genesect. And Flame Charge is useless. Flamethrower is better, and Genesect has decent speed anyways.

I suggest you use Dragonite over Kingdra. It has Multiscale so 90% of the time you get a GUARANTEED Dragon Dance, and it has Outrage + Fire Punch for those Ferros. Also it has Extremespeed for those opposing Pokemon you know are scarfed.

Typhlosion would not do good in the current metagame with a Choice Specs. Try a Scarf, or just plain don't use it. I know it's favorite Pokemon of yours an all, but it's really not that good.

Mew's main use is to Baton Pass. It can pass as a stall breaker, but there are much better ones out there.

Hope I helped!

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis an Artist Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
kk ill change genesects item to expert belt. The focus sash on terra is to garantee rocks are up since it would be ko'd by scizor bp...altho I can just switch to rotom. Ok what item do you recommend for terra then? I do think kingdra is better when it comes to weather. That speed boost in the rain lets it outspeed things like tornadus and thunderus which would otherwise be a big threat since none of my other pokemon can match their speeds. It also has a 1/4 resistance to rain so it helps cover the water weakness. Mew actually is one of the best pokemon in my team lol. so many offensive and defensive pokemon struggle with it. u-turns and crunches are nothing to it as long as it stays healthy. Ill consider adding vaporeon tho. Thx

Any other ideas?

Well, use a Life Orb or a Choice item or Terrakion, and Drizzle + Swift Swim is banned, but I think it's jut on the same team. Dnite can outspend them also with one I it's GUARANTEED Dragon dances. The thing about Mew is that it's mainly used for Baton Pass teams.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
ok ill give dnite a try. hows this set?
d dance/fire punch/outrage/extreme speed with lum berry and max atk and speed
do you think its fast enough at +1 to outpace scarf pokemon?

it depends which scarfers you're talking about. And if it can't, a +1 Extremespeed can leave a dent, trust me. If dnite dosent work, try the classic Scarf moxiemence, but i personally think dnite is better.

EDIT: Here:

Dragonite (M) @ Lum Berry
Trait: Multiscale
252 ATK, 252 SPE, 4 HP
Jolly
Outrage
Fire Punch
Extremespeed
Dragon Dance

I also prefer Dragonite over Moxiemence, as Dragonite can tank a quad-effectiveness hit off during a DDance turn, then come back faster to kill it.
I run quite a different set, with Waterfall in it, it covers Rock- and Ground-types, OHKOs Gliscor/Landorus, takes a very large chunk from Hippowdon, and if it doesn't kill it, there's the chance of a flinch-sweep, which is always amazing when pulled off.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
Ok. Do you think Dnite is fast enough to pull off sweeps at +1 if its adamant instead of jolly? I mean it would be able to pick off faster pokemon easier with extremespeed but not sure if it can outspeed with an outrage. Hmm probably would ouspeed alot anyway right?

I do kinda like that waterfall idea. whats the set?

Ok. Do you think Dnite is fast enough to pull off sweeps at +1 if its adamant instead of jolly? I mean it would be able to pick off faster pokemon easier with extremespeed but not sure if it can outspeed with an outrage. Hmm probably would ouspeed alot anyway right?

I do kinda like that waterfall idea. whats the set?
The thing with adamant is that this Dragonite is really popular. So because of that, people are going to want to outspeed other dnites or at least get a speed tie. You would want to do the same. And the thing with waterfall is that it doesn't get as much coverage.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
Yea your right. Speed is more important. Same with the waterfall, I would just be in the same dilemma as kingdra was when it couldnt touch ferrothorns. What about earthquake so I wouldnt get walled by heatran when i use it? Would I be open to threats without that fire punch?

i'd recommend using flamethrower ove flame charge on genesect and giving him a choice scarf instead,

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
omg I underestimated dnite. Its alot more useful than kingdra thanks! :DD I might end up giving genesect a scarf since it sometimes isnt able to get a chance to use flame charge. Gots any other pokemon you think would do well?

You could try Specs Heatran over Typhlosion, most people don't expect it. But idk, I haven't played BW2 so not sure how it'll be. Also, Flamethrower > Flame Charge imo

Say what you want, but I've always ran Waterfall over Extremespeed. Its a priority move, albeit, but a non-STAB normal type move that most 'Mons resist never seemed that good to me. Besides, I like to diverse from the bandwagon and use what sets work for me. And Fire Punch/Waterfall/Outrage/DDance is a bitch to deal with, as it gives loads more coverage than ESpeed.

Say what you want, but I've always ran Waterfall over Extremespeed. Its a priority move, albeit, but a non-STAB normal type move that most 'Mons resist never seemed that good to me. Besides, I like to diverse from the bandwagon and use what sets work for me. And Fire Punch/Waterfall/Outrage/DDance is a bitch to deal with, as it gives loads more coverage than ESpeed.
Ooh I thought you said waterfall over fire punch! Waterfall I've ExtremeSpeed. Hmm... it could be a surpsise for opposing Heatran. So yeah, run that. Sorry I thought you meant Waterfall over Fire Punch.

No of course not, Fire Punch on physical Dnite is staple. Just Waterfall gives a load more coverage than Extremespeed does. Its just priority moves are common in OU, but their only really for finishing off the Poke's that you have been wearing down.

Typhlito

One Active Dawg
Oh that sounds good. Haven t been using extremespeed all that much anyway. KK so ill use waterfall over extremespeed. Ill test it out and tell you how it works. Oh naa I dot want to switch out typhlosion for heatran. Its helpful haha and besides, it wouldn't be the ultimate typhlo team without typhlosion. :P

Got any other pokemon that you think is worth trying out?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)