UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Leaving that here just in case that was supposed to be some salty sarcasm.
Seeing as how this comment will inevitably be deleted by King UU and considering I'm part of the OU version of the teambuilding shop I'll go ahead and say you guys here are overly defensive about your builds and are seriously not open to any sort of criticism while brushing it off with really silly logic, which honestly was pretty bad, the comment about your means of counteracting Crawdaunt fully, not sorry to say that either. You put the sarcasm on yourself by brushing it aside with your last statement where you could've just kept it at the first paragraph you wrote which was being more open about it and just leaving it at that. The rough draft thing is a big cop out that you guys should seriously stop using and just accept it when someone enlightens you on how to improve for the betterment of yourself and more importantly anyone who would use these builds. I think this is the second time I've seen this happen on the thread where your defense is the rough draft argument and it becomes sad that it becomes a representation of an acceptable excuse ._.

Just checking the progress of my request for a team built around Crawdaunt in Trick Room. Ignore the option for Dragon Dance behind screens because Gyarados is superior for that.
Come on dudes, I know youre busy, but you've created teams for people who requested them days/weeks ago and I originally suggested this concept months ago, so lack of time is a pathetic excuse :mad:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
Ok I am going to address this issue of the whole "incomplete" thing stemmed from Cyndequil. and Manipulative's "argument" as well as elaborating on AM as well. The Lab builders themselves are supposed to hold themselves up to a higher standard and know that even if they build a team, no team is ever perfect and as such must take constructive criticism. We as builders are putting ourselves out there so that people can not only enjoy our teams, but so that we can become even better than we already are. Our teams are not going to be perfect and no one's is going to be, but that doesn't mean when we have a weakness that is pointed out, that we "lash out" and try to defend it. Rather we need to learn from the flaws that get pointed out and make us be even better than we were before.

Seeing as how this comment will inevitably be deleted by King UU and considering I'm part of the OU version of the teambuilding shop I'll go ahead and say you guys here are overly defensive about your builds and are seriously not open to any sort of criticism while brushing it off with really silly logic, which honestly was pretty bad, the comment about your means of counteracting Crawdaunt fully, not sorry to say that either. You put the sarcasm on yourself by brushing it aside with your last statement where you could've just kept it at the first paragraph you wrote which was being more open about it and just leaving it at that. The rough draft thing is a big cop out that you guys should seriously stop using and just accept it when someone enlightens you on how to improve for the betterment of yourself and more importantly anyone who would use these builds. I think this is the second time I've seen this happen on the thread where your defense is the rough draft argument and it becomes sad that it becomes a representation of an acceptable excuse ._.
The bolded parts are words that all the builders, including myself, need to take heed to as we as builders are using this project not only to showcase our decent teambuilding skills, but to build our repertoire as builders. I will be updating the OP to reflect this as I don't want any more "defensive-ness" from the builders and I want this to be a healthy environment where the builders can take notes from outside sources whether it be the one who requested the team or others commenting on the team and I also want this to be an environment where people aren't afraid to post about their requests. An example is as follows...

Just checking the progress of my request for a team built around Crawdaunt in Trick Room. Ignore the option for Dragon Dance behind screens because Gyarados is superior for that.
Come on dudes, I know youre busy, but you've created teams for people who requested them days/weeks ago and I originally suggested this concept months ago, so lack of time is a pathetic excuse :mad:
I understand you are really looking forward to your team; however, no builder has currently accepted your request and some requests are easier to build than others and as such patience is key when it comes to projects like this. I know you have been waiting for awhile but the builders have to be inspired to build with request that takes a lot of support such as Crawdaunt in Trick Room as Crawdaunt is a massive threat that lacks Speed and bulk while Trick Room teams tend to be gimmicky in UU at their best. So just be patient and eventually your request will be taken on and fulfilled.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
I've got you covered, BanScald. You'll have a team within 24 hours.

First of all thank you based Hogg for undertaking the team and im excited to see it :) Second, I think its an unjust misconception of a lot of players that Trick Room is simply a gimmick, it's a very underrated playstyle which can body HO and balance, the primary playstyles in UU, whilst still being able to defeat other playstyles if the build is strong. The Pokemon used on TR teams tend to be bulky and can invest EVs in HP due to not needing speed, UU has access to some of the best Trick Room setters in the game full stop - Lunar Dance TR Cress, TR Life Orb Reuni, Explosion Bronzong, Slowking, Healing Wish Audino, Aromatisse which cant be Taunted and Cofag. The TR sweepers are all brutally powerful and to prove the legitimacy of the playstyle, Pokemon like Crawdaunt, Reuniclus, Mega Camel, Clawitzer, Dragalge, Exploud etc. would all be in much higher tiers if you could almost guarantee they will attack first, which Trick Room allows. I suck at building but I think as long as youve got answers to Taunt either in the form of Mental Herb Bronzong/Cress or Aromatisse, 3 consistent Trick Room setters with different weaknesses and resistances and ways to beat stall cores - Mixed breakers or Regen spam to outlast them (not that stall is common in UU), then Trick Room is a very strong and legit playstyle imo

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
TheMasterOP

Metagross @ Assault Vest
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 248 HP / 108 Atk / 152 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Pursuit
- Meteor Mash
- Bullet Punch
- Earthquake

Hydreigon @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Taunt
- Roost

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 184 HP / 72 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Defog

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Damp
EVs: 204 HP / 252 Atk / 52 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Waterfall
- Earthquake
- Toxic

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Shadow Ball
- Flamethrower

Whimsicott @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 128 Def / 128 Spe
Timid Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Moonblast
- Giga Drain

Here is your AV Metagross team. Since AV Meta is more of a support mon rather than something I build around, I thought of mons that are troubled by things Metagross checks. Hydreigon was the first teammate since Metagross easily handles any Fairy that Hydreigon cannot get past while also Pursuit trapping Mega Sceptile (revenge kills Hydra). Hydreigon also resists everything that hits Metagross for SE damage which is cool, but of course some things still beat both like Mamo. Next up I wanted to deal with hazards, so Sky Plate Crobat + SR Mega Pert handled that pretty well due to their great defensive synergy with each other. Crobat was the defogger of choice as its speed tier is required as the team is looking rather slow right now and it checks Beedrill and Fighting types rather well, which Mence and Zapdos can't do. I then wanted a wincon that could beat Cobalion which sets up on Hydreigon at -2, and Bat is 2HKOd by +2 Iron Head. SubCM Chandelure was added, as it provided a Sacred Fire deterrant, secondary Fighting check, and can tear through some bulky cores that the team dosn't like. Whimsicott is the teams final member, and is one of my favorite gluemons to use on all archetypes of my teams. Chandy invites Hydreigon in for free, so I needed a Draco deterrant. Florges is the immediate thought, but Whimsicott's Encore shuts down set up sweepers and physical Waters (Shark and DD Gyara were looking scary). Whims creeps Mence so you don't have to worry about being donked by Iron Tail/Fire Blast once Whims is in.

Also, I tweaked your Metagross spread. Max HP and Attack seemed inefficient since I am sure there was a spread that cold hit some Attack benchmarks while maximizing its bulk. The current spread has enough Attack to 3HKO Doublade, 2HKO Aero with Bullet Punch (although you are probably better off clicking Meteor Mash if you can live an EQ), KOs fast Nidoqueen with EQ + BP, and OHKOs Toxicroak. Rest of EVs is poured into maximizing Special bulk.

Also god damn AV Metagross is so fat. There are times when the ideal play was staying in on something like NP Ape to KO it with a healthy Metagross since it lives a Fire Blast LOL

252 SpA Life Orb Infernape Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 156 SpD Assault Vest Metagross: 250-296 (68.6 - 81.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO

Possible other options:

• Move SR on Metagross so Swampert can run Rain Dance and act as a wincon. Since you wanted AV Meta, I kept Rocks on Mega Pert.
  • Ice Punch over Toxic on Swampert. I wanted to be able to force Suicune to rest and cripple other fat stuff to alleviate some pressure on Whims, but if you want to hit floaty Dragons and Grasses, use Ice Punch.
  • Taunt over U-Turn on Crobat is always an option, but I find giving Hydra U-Turn support is more valuable since Bat lures in Doublade, Ampharos, Zapdos etc and Hydreigon already has Taunt.
  • Thunderpunch is an option on Metagross to avoid being Gyarados fodder, but I am not sure what to replace (most likely Pursuit).
Replay:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-317122610 Metagross Pursuit traps Gardevoir to death, which lets Hydra soften the team.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
BanScald

This is a Trick Room team I've been messing around with since Crawdaunt dropped. It's one of my go-to teams when I'm looking for something a bit more offensive, and it's actually fairly flexible in action.

Diancie @ Mental Herb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Moonblast
- Explosion
- Trick Room

Crawdaunt @ Life Orb
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpA
Brave Nature
- Ice Beam / Swords Dance
- Crabhammer
- Knock Off
- Aqua Jet

Steelix-Mega @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Earthquake
- Fire Fang
- Stone Edge / Thunder Fang / Ice Fang

Cresselia @ Colbur Berry
EVs: 252 HP / 52 Def / 204 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Atk / 0 Spe
- Trick Room
- Moonblast
- Psychic
- Lunar Dance

Hoopa @ Life Orb
Ability: Magician
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 Spe
Mild Nature
- Trick Room
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast
- Psyshock / Nasty Plot

Exploud @ Choice Specs
Ability: Scrappy
EVs: 248 HP / 252 SpA / 8 SpD
Quiet Nature
- Boomburst
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Sleep Talk

A couple of things of note:

• Exploud is your best answer to Ghosts in general and Sableye in particular thanks to Scrappy Boomburst. Its Boomburst hits as hard as PZ's Adaptability Tri-Attack, so it's an incredibly spammable move, and it has a guaranteed OHKO on 252/252+ Sableye after rocks. (Focus Blast also obviously does ridiculous damage to Sableye/Doublade.)
  • That said, try not to suicide away Diancie if there is an opposing Sableye, as it's still annoying as all heck, and Diancie is a pretty reliable answer to it.
  • There are a couple of slashed moves, which I tend to switch around a lot depending on how the meta feels or what I expect from my opponent. In particular, Crawdaunt and Hoopa can double as stallbreakers by giving them Swords Dance or Nasty Plot, but they really don't like the loss of coverage against more offensive teams. I often have one or the other running a boosting move, but rarely both.
  • Don't underestimate Brave Steelix. That thing is a beast. It's insanely hard to OHKO and has the coverage to do nasty things to most teams. Stone Edge is your best overall move in that last slot, but Thunder Fang OHKOs Gyara even after the Intimidate, while Ice Fang is nice for bulky Salamence, who was really popular on the Daunt suspect ladder but has faded a bit.
Here's a replay of me using the team against Sam for Battle of the Week.

hello again teambuilding...team. i have come again with more teambuilding woes concerning this core i whipped up a while back if anyone remembers.

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Ability: Moxie
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw / Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Kyurem @ Choice Specs
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Earth Power

It's a pretty cool concept being a massive pain for balance and teams with bad defensive synergy. The problem is Kyurem doesn't exactly fit on hyper offensive builds all that well due to somewhat lame speed for such and being punished by trying to double switch from time to time due to pretty bad defensive typing. Hyper offense isn't really my style either; as i usually like to have a few pivots/utility mons like Tentacruel on offense on stuff but not huge momentum sinks like blissey. I was building it as omfuga-esque offense with some utility and just a bit of defensive backbone, and would enjoy it if it's kept that way but I'll take anything really. If you can take these sets and turn it into stall that's fine too lol. I've had some problems with matchup too, as various versions of this team got 6-0'd by random shit like Razor Shell Cloyster and Vaporeon, etc. Also I can't seem to handle luck. If the battle doesn't go my way, I like auto-lose (A draco miss made me lose to a PU team!). So again, would like some offense to compare and improve with my own but you can turn it into whatever. Thanks in advance future builder!

Reactions: nv

ZoroDark

esse quam videri
is a Tiering Contributor
i like this thread as it has plenty of cool ideas and requests that make you go outside of your comfort zone when building. you guys have quite a queue to go thru at the moment, so allow me to help out a tiny little bit by fulfilling Jordn 's Offensive Tenta request :)

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Trace
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

i originally centered the team around np houndoom + dd mence who have some pretty neat offensive synergy with one weakening bulky waters for the other. both are hazard weak, but they do like sr to be up on your opponent's side of the field. this is where offensive tentacruel comes in, as it's really the only offensive spinner in the tier. giga drain is neat to do massive damage against swampert and the stabs hit surprisingly hard. sr + sd shuca cobalion is a great fit as a sr user as it offers a bit of defensive utilty and it can also help break down some defensive walls. mamoswine is a good wallbreaker with strong priority that helps against a bunch of mons. scarf gardevoir is the glue. its scarf modest moonblast can easily break down opposing ho teams (they often lack a fairy resist). trick provides utility vs stall teams and healing wish is one of the best moves in the game so there you go.

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Hawaii Express

Arcanine @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Morning Sun
- Will-O-Wisp
- Flare Blitz
- Extreme Speed

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 240 SpD / 16 Spe
Calm Nature
- Scald
- Roar
- Stealth Rock
- Defog

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Leech Seed
- Giga Drain
- Earthquake

Krookodile @ Choice Band
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
Adamant Nature
- U-turn
- Protect
- Poison Jab
- Toxic Spikes

(Gardevoir) @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Will-O-Wisp
- Trick

I got you covered m8. Defensive RK9, after testing it, is really annoying for offensive teams to face with its ability to spread burns like no other due to its bulk, recovery, and Intimidate. Tangrowth makes for an excellent partner and they form an incredibly annoying defensive core to break with Wisp spam and Regenerator. I didn't put Sleep Powder since its accuracy is shit and the opponent could bring in a previously burnt mon to eat the Powder so it was useless. Leech Seed and Giga are standard, HP Ice is to hit dragons like Sceptile and DD Lum Mence which can be scary at +1, and EQ was the last slot to hit Cobalion mainly, as RK9 becomes a shaky check if rocks are up and it can set up on Knock Off locked Krookodile. Emp finishes the defensive backbone and compresses Rocks and Defog into one teamslot. The conjunction of Emp + Tangrowth handles the majority of Gyarados which is neat due to Emp tanking Bounce. Now the team needed some offensive power so I slapped on CB Krook + Toxic Spikes Mega Beedrill. I love this offensive core since once you lay down T-Spikes, you can U-Turn into Krook, and if they decide to bring in their grounded Poison you get a free Knock/EQ. Band Krook also turns fat steels like Doublade into liabilities which helps Beedrill a lot. Lastly, Scarf Modest Gardevoir (s/o to ZoroDark for also using Scarf Modest) provides the much needed Draco immunity and threatens offensive teams with powerful fast STABs and defensive teams with Trick + Will-O. I chose Will-O since I hate getting locked into coverage moves, and there really aren't any set up sweepers to use Healing Wish on. However, it is still a very viable option to heal Krook/Emp/Bee back to full.

Other options:

• Drill Run over T-Spikes on Beedrill since the team is a bit Nido weak.
  • Healing Wish over Will-O on Gardevoir. I just love using Trick and spamming Will-O against bulkier teams, or even crippling the switch in for offensive teams (like Doublade).
  • HP Electric over HP Ice on Tangrowth. This improves your Gyara matchup but makes you much weaker to Mega Sceptile and DD Mence.
  • Jolly over Adamant on Beedrill. You get to tie M-Scep and outspeed Scarf Chandy. However, you can already beat Chandelure if Bee is in by Protecting, and then switching into Krook or Garde based on the STAB they click. However, they can double switch, so becoming Jolly can prevent this.
Replays:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-317717758 RK9 and Tangrowth steal the show vs this ScepDos offensive team.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-317716877 Very close game! I was caught off guard by HP Fire Florges, but Tangrowth and Bee came through at the end after some doubles took out Donphan.
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/uu-317714969 Winning vs Stall. Krook Pursuit traps Blissey, Garde tricks Scarf onto Gligar and spreads Wisps on everything.

EDIT: Protect Tangrowth is also an option over EQ for Gyara

Last edited:

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
i like this thread as it has plenty of cool ideas and requests that make you go outside of your comfort zone when building. you guys have quite a queue to go thru at the moment, so allow me to help out a tiny little bit by fulfilling Jordn 's Offensive Tenta request :)

Gardevoir @ Choice Scarf
Modest Nature
- Moonblast
- Psyshock
- Trick
- Healing Wish

Salamence @ Lum Berry
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Outrage
- Earthquake
- Iron Tail

Houndoom-Mega @ Houndoominite
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- Sucker Punch

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Tentacruel @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Giga Drain
- Sludge Bomb
- Rapid Spin

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Knock Off
- Icicle Crash

i originally centered the team around np houndoom + dd mence who have some pretty neat offensive synergy with one weakening bulky waters for the other. both are hazard weak, but they do like sr to be up on your opponent's side of the field. this is where offensive tentacruel comes in, as it's really the only offensive spinner in the tier. giga drain is neat to do massive damage against swampert and the stabs hit surprisingly hard. sr + sd shuca cobalion is a great fit as a sr user as it offers a bit of defensive utilty and it can also help break down some defensive walls. mamoswine is a good wallbreaker with strong priority that helps against a bunch of mons. scarf gardevoir is the glue. its scarf modest moonblast can easily break down opposing ho teams (they often lack a fairy resist). trick provides utility vs stall teams and healing wish is one of the best moves in the game so there you go.
I really like the team, but for future reference since you are not an approved builder, please make sure to contact one of us to get permission to post it. That being said, submissions are open to become an approved builder if you so feel like becoming one. Just send me or any one of the other builders a PM about why you think you are qualified and we will look it over :)

Hey guys,I'm requesting an bulky offense team around this M-amphy set.

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse

I think this M-amphy set could work well with Suicune but I'm not to sure about it,also gl and thanks :D

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Since over a week passed since i requested my last team: Requesting a balance to be built around umbreon! Umbreon has great defensive stats as well as lots of great support moves like wish, heal bell, baton pass, etc.. Umbreon also has a great way of stopping physical sweepers in foul play. With these niches it has going for it, umbreon is more than worth to add to a well constructed balanced team!

The set:
(Umbreon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Foul Play
- Heal Bell/Toxic
- Wish
- Protect/Baton Pass

Good Luck And Have Fun! :]
I'm pretty sure Umbreon's been built around before in other teams before a ton, and it's also been requested before in this thread so there's already a team for that I built for Diogo (it's the last team in the dump of balance teams at the time of posting) so you may want to request something else.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower / Play Rough

Requesting an offensive team made around Swords Dance Mega Absol. Mega Absol is one of the few megas in UU I haven't worked with extensively (Others include Mega Sceptile and Mega Steelix), and since I'm a bit busy with tournaments and building a Cloyster team, I sort of want you guys to make a team with SD Mega Absol. It's a really cool sweeper that's really nice in the current meta due to Sableye being everwhere as well. Thanks!

Euphonos

inanod ng mga luha; damdamin ay lumaya.
is a Tiering Contributoris a Community Contributor Alumnus
Hello, Sir Kay ! Here's your request! Apologies for the very late response, but due to a lot of things happening to me ever since (Iron Chef, most especially), and a lot of things happening in the metagame (with all the drops), I finally made it.

Steelix @ Steelixite
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 16 Def / 244 SpD
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Roar
- Earthquake
- Heavy Slam

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 232 HP / 240 Def / 36 SpD
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Protect
- Aromatherapy
- Moonblast

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 208 HP / 80 Def / 220 Spe
Impish Nature
- Spikes
- Taunt
- Roar
- Drain Punch

Dragalge @ Black Sludge
Ability: Adaptability
EVs: 200 HP / 240 SpA / 68 Spe
Modest Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Sludge Wave
- Toxic Spikes
- Dragon Tail

Chandelure @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp
- Hex
- Flamethrower

Slowking @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 216 HP / 252 Def / 40 SpA
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Slack Off
- Scald
- Psyshock

With Dragalge's ability of setting up Toxic Spikes, there is one Pokemon who can reliably shut down most hazard controllers and at the same time dealing as much damage as possible, and it's none other than Chandelure, whose set is inspired after YABO's Slow-Roasted Seafood team. With that, Spike-stacking immediately sprung to mind to punish a lot of switches with ease. As such, I added an unusually fast Chesnaught set to prevent any Pokemon from using Defog, set up Spikes, and Roar for those hard-to-reach areas. Then, I added Mega Steelix due to its natural typing allowing to block Volt Switch and absorb U-turn with the least of damage, and set up Stealth Rock. Finally, I have Aromatisse because it complements Mega Steelix very well and epitomizes the sustainability this team needs.

What is lacking in this team is ironically the lack of a Rapid Spinner; though Aromatisse's Wishes can mitigate the situation (and Dragalge can absorb Toxic Spikes without any problems), there are still chances that high offensive pressure will be of great challenge to this team. Speaking of high offensive pressure, threats such as Mamoswine, Nidoking, and Bounce Gyarados variants will be a pain to handle, especially that Chesnaught doesn't have Spiky Shield. Otherwise, I'm very satisfied with this output. Tell me if you have anything that can make this team better, or that can pinpoint its weakness worth addressing. All other criticism is also appreciated. =)

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower / Play Rough

Requesting an offensive team made around Swords Dance Mega Absol. Mega Absol is one of the few megas in UU I haven't worked with extensively (Others include Mega Sceptile and Mega Steelix), and since I'm a bit busy with tournaments and building a Cloyster team, I sort of want you guys to make a team with SD Mega Absol. It's a really cool sweeper that's really nice in the current meta due to Sableye being everwhere as well. Thanks!
Yeah this 'mon's actually been a popular request for some reason lmao, it's been requested before nevertheless in cores, by itself (three times >_>), as well as starred in some teams regardless. So you could probably request something else.

Requesting a team to be built around tornadus. Tornadus has the great ability prankster which allows him to abuse taunt, tailwind, rain dance, etc.. Tornadus also has access to u-turn which keeps momentum flowing. And lastly, he has a good base 125 sp.atk complemented with a nice stab hurricane, along with his nice base 111 speed, can be a pretty fearsome special attacker.

The set is up to the builder, as for the playstyle, i suppose tornadus is used on offense but i'm not really sure so balance is fine too.
Good Luck And Have Fun! :]
Similar to above; Manipulative built a team with this dude in it recently so you can check that out and probably request something else.

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Okay, then I'll request this!

Zoroark @ Life Orb
Ability: Illusion
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Dark Pulse
- Focus Blast
- Sludge Bomb

Requesting an offensive team made around Nasty Plot Zoroark. Zoroark may not be the best mon ever, but it still has some unique niches in it's coverage, and Illusion is scary. Thanks!

Requesting a balance or offense built around rotom-h. Rotom-h has a great typing which allows it to perform 2 roles effectively. These 2 roles are defensive spreading wisp which makes it probably the #1 best counter to mamoswine with it's ability levitate and it's resistence to ice moves. The other role it has is as an offensive volt-switcher (this can be specs or scarf) which works really well on offensive teams, especially if you are forming a volt-turn core with a mon on that team. The set is up to the builder as i feel that choosing a set for the builder lessens flexibility.

And As Always, Good Luck And Have Fun! :]

heya ! somewhat of a weird request, but may i have a team featuring shaymin + infernape? the two pokemon somewhat synergize well offensively, and form 2/3 of a fire water grass core, so they shouldnt be too weird to work with. they are two pokemon i really like using so i wanted to see em together on a team :D no particular team limitations, just as long as a florges + mega aggron arent added to form a 4 man stall like team.

Shaymin @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
Timid Nature
- Seed Flare
- Earth Power
- Dazzling Gleam
- Synthesis

Stall Hater (Infernape) @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Close Combat
- Mach Punch
- Thunder Punch

Well I`going to leave a simple request here I jwould like a Bulky Offense/Balance oriented team with the GyaraVire 2.0 core

Sceptile-Mega @ Sceptilite
Ability: Lightning Rod
Timid Nature
- Giga Drain
- Leaf Storm
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Hi, I'm requesting a hyper-offense team around Gyarados and Rotom-C. I'm not married to the sets so if the builder wants to change them it's fine. These two are part of FWG so they have some synergy and shouldn't be too hard to work with. I just want the team to be as hyper offensive as possible since that's my favorite play style
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce
- Substitute

Rotom-Mow @ Choice Specs
Timid Nature
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Thunderbolt
- Trick

Hey dudes, hope you are all well. Requesting a Dual Screens Offense team featuring multiple set up sweepers including Dragon Dance Gyarados :) Thank you and I look forward to seeing what you create

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)