UnderUsed Teambuilding Lab (Check Post #479)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sacri'

the end is here
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Requesting a balance team build around Jellicent + Mega Absol.

Two underated mons that I think might work cool together. I've found some MegaSols over ladder and they all give me trouble no matter what kind of team I was using, so it looks like a good mon to start a team with. Jellicent is a mon that I'm recently in love bc its pretty antimeta and can walls many unprepared teams easily. It have somewhat good synergy with MegaSol, checkin fairies like Florges and scarf fighting types aiming Absol. I think these are the most optimal sets they have, with Absol coverage depending on his team mates, but you are free to change anything you want :]

thanks a lot y'all

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Tail

Jellicent (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 100 Def / 160 Spe
Timid Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Will-O-Wisp
- Taunt

Porygon2 @ Eviolite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Recover
- Ice Beam
- Thunder Wave
- Tri Attack

Cobalion @ Shuca Berry
Ability: Justified
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Iron Head
- Stealth Rock

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Grass]

Krookodile @ Expert Belt
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Aerial Ace
- Knock Off
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Absol has always been one of my favorite things to use in UU, and I must admit that I never really tryied to build around it with Jellicent. At first I did try to build a classic balanced team with Florges & co but I realized that Absol just doesnt suit on that kind of teams. So here we have got a cool offensive team with some solids pivots to support Absol's sweep. Porygon2 is, as always, here to wall half of the metagame, helping the whole team thanks to t-wave support. Krook is basically here to lure chesnaught as well as beating Mamoswine which is always dangerous.

There is some options you could try such as :
• Superpower over Iron Tail or even Sucker Punch
• Run a Bulkier spread on Jellicent
• Make P2 a bit more bulky on the physical side
• Choice Band over Expert Belt on Krook

Hope you'll enjoy this !

Last edited:
Episode 3: LilOu's Curse Mega Swampert Team
*My Thoughts and Opinions*
The team deals with a lot of common threats very well. The combination of massive walls, resistances, and wall breaking capabilities within this team leads to a beautiful squad. The only thing I don't like about this team is the way it deals with fire types. As you see, both the walls, Florges and Brongzong, can not reliably deal with fire type attackers. Swampert is the only thing that can take on fire types and it can get widdled down pretty easily. The good thing is that LilOu has some nice resistances within the team core so we don't have to rely on Swampert taking pretty much any hit other than the fire type stab. As I explained on my video, I love the way this team deals with Doublade. Having Shadow Ball on Melo is genius considering that the Doublade can set up on a gran majority of this team. After playing with this team for a few hours, I found that certain cores are really irritating to face. One of them is Forretress plus grass type. My way of beating turn one forry is to curse up in its face. After it gets up spikes and rocks, it faints and then grass type comes in to ruin all my hard work. The result is my opponent limiting my switches which makes winning from that point very hard. Also Rotom-H is super annoying. Swampert is a switch 100% but I cant do anything back to it. It also forces me to rest after wilo and having my swampert asleep limits its effectiveness.

*Possible Changes*
Bronzong's Earthquake to Hidden Power Fire helps a lot with Forretress cores and still hits Doublade. You now have no coverage for Fire types switching in but EQ didn't help with that much anyway. I used toxic on those switches. Magneton is not KOd by Brongzong now but thats a minor thing. Hidden Power Fire overall helps more than EQ. Also SD Escavalier 6-0s this team. Its not common but meh.
0 SpA Bronzong Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Forretress: 216-256 (61 - 72.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Bronzong Hidden Power Fire vs. 240 HP / 16 SpD Eviolite Doublade: 82-98 (25.7 - 30.7%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
0 SpA Bronzong Hidden Power Fire vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Escavalier: 136-164 (41.9 - 50.6%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO

This is a fairly consistent team. I will say it is not as fun to use as IWanka's HO but I can say that it is more effective against most match-ups. Go ahead and try it out for yourselves. LilOu did a very nice job with this one!
If you have any questions or concerns about this team, go ahead and bring them up in this thread. Lilou and I can probably supply you with some solution. If I made a mistake in my playing or in this discussion, please let me know so I too can get better. Next episode will come soon. Thanks for reading and watching!

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
I would like to request an offensive team made around Escavalier and NP Toxicroak. Both of these mons are pretty underrated, especially Escavalier, and they have the ability to become big threats in a matter of a moment! Also, I like Esca + Croak because Esca counters every Psychic type ever and Croak can handle bulky waters. Thanks!

Escavalier @ Leftovers
Ability: Overcoat
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe (IDK if there's another spread)
Adamant Nature
- Megahorn
- Iron Head
- Knock Off / Pursuit
- Swords Dance / Drill Run ( I like SD)

Toxicroak @ Life Orb
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Sludge Bomb
- Vacuum Wave
- Focus Blast / Hidden Power Ice

Requesting a MEGA-ABOMASNOW & ESPEON ....with a twist

So, I really just want a team that takes advantage of the mechanic that growth in the sun increases Attack and Special attack by 2 stages instead of the normal one. Therefore, I've been experimenting with a combo with a Espeon lead with Sunny Day that leads to Abomasnow with the Soundproof ability, who uses growth before mega evolving and firing off at +2 to everything. This is the core to date:

Abomasnow @ Abomasite
Ability: Soundproof
EVs: 80 Att / 172 Spa / 252 HP
Quiet Nature
- Growth
- Ice Shard
- Blizzard
- Wood Hammer/ Earthquake/ Giga Drain

The set allows M-Aboma at +2 with wood hammer to OHKO Crocune and Florges, Hydreigon with Ice Shard with SR, and just about anything that doesn't resist ice dies to blizzard. Earthquake can be used on unsuspecting fire switch ins, and will kill Entei. Giga for recovery but I prefer to just slaughter things till it goes down.

Espeon @ Heat Rock
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Calm Mind
- Psyshock/ Baton Pass

Goes out on hazard setters and sets up the sun, heals if necessary, and gains bulk to either hit with psyshock and just pass on with BP.

Basically the core is growth-snow, so Espeon is completely changeable. I usually try to incorporate one or two more mons that benefit from sun and hail if possible. That's included a solar beam arcanine and a snow cloak/brightpowder mamo, all to varying effect.

If someone can come up with someone good to use this with, that'd be awesome! Thanks.

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Requesting a Offensive build around these two mons The main reason I want a buil is because Ive never used Galcantula. I also feel choice specs pory would appreiciate sticky web support. What I mainy want is an hyper offensive team that can take advantage of stall and avoid being revenge killed I want too start with these two and have a builder to continue on with it:

Porygon-Z @ Choice Specs
Ability: Adaptability
Evs: 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Modest/Timid Nature (i really dont care)
- Tri Attack
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- Trick

Galvantula @ Focus Sash
Ability : Compound Eyes
Evs: 252 Spa / 4 Spd / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunder
- Sticky Web
- Bug Buzz
- Thunder Wave
Hey, I am actually currently working on a team with this idea, as I even thought of it myself. The team will not be reliant on Sticky Webs, as those teams are usually not very good, but will benefit from webs, So when I am done I can give you the team! I am not an official teambuilder but I LOVE to teambuild and am easily a better teambuilder than battler haha ;) empire370

I'm looking for something built around Manectric. Don't care about set or anything else.
im not a builder or anything but manectric may seem hard to build around since it is a really medicore mon in the metagame due to being outclassed by plenty of eletric types in the tier but maybeit does have some maybe vialble set so this is possible.

Hogg

grubbing in the ashes
is a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Monkey Smurf - I had a decent team built around your Entei/Helio core, but it struggles against a couple of the new drops. Once I have a new version reworked for the current meta I'll post it. Let me know if you want the old version.

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 136 Atk / 120 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Close Combat/Vaccum Wave
- Grass Knot

So yeah I really like Infernape, my starter in DPP as well. This set can be a wallbreaker or a sweeper. Close Combat handles Bliseey and Umbreon, and Vaccum Wave is for sweeping. Use whatever you think fits the team. If you use Vaccum Wave, ya obvs go 252 SpA 252 Spee 4 swag Make it a bulky offensive like everything
free condoms for whoever can do it
jk
maybe im not

Reactions: nv
Requesting a balance team build around Jellicent + Kyurem

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 248 HP / 136 SpD / 124 Spe
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Hex
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Taunt

Kyurem @ Life Orb
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Ice Beam
- Draco Meteor
- Earth Power/Iron Head
- Roost
Kyurem with Jellicent can simply destroy fat balance with ez bc lo kyurem is one of the best wallbreaker in der tier and with jelli it has simply no swich-ins lol
I dont wanna write a huge text bc the core is pretty simple :]

The set are pretty standard but the builder can freely change the sets
sry 4 bad english btw ;-;

Would this be an alright place to post a team of 4-5 looking for a complete team?

If not, could someone please direct me to where I'd do that? :)

LRXC

ADV 1v1 Pioneer
is a Community Contributor
Would this be an alright place to post a team of 4-5 looking for a complete team?

If not, could someone please direct me to where I'd do that? :)
I would maybe post your core of 2, and then see what they can build around that, giving them suggestions to use the other mons you already have =) Smokee

Adaam

إسمي جف
is a Community Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis the 8th Grand Slam Winner
Requesting an Offensive team built around Specs Tinted Lens Yanmega + Mega Amphars (non rest talk). Specs Yanmega is really powerful but I never used it, and since I'm lazy I decided to have someone else build it for me. Mega Ampharos is a great teammate with Fly + Fire resist and they form a Volt Turn core which is cool.

My only moveset request is that Yanmega run Timid, Dual STABs, and U-Turn

Requesting a Sun Team with Swampert(mega or other) Arcanine and Florges Core please!

This is just something I've put together already, but I don't mind any changes to the sets:

AID (Swampert) (F) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 232 HP / 24 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic
- Earthquake
- Waterfall

Legend (Arcanine) (M) @ Heat Rock
Ability: Flash Fire
Adamant Nature
- Sunny Day
- Morning Sun
- Flare Blitz
- Wild Charge

Radia (Florges) @ Sitrus Berry
Ability: Flower Veil
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
- Calm Mind
- Aromatherapy
- Synthesis
- Moonblast

The other Pokemon I have right now are Chandelure life orb special attacker, and leafeon leftovers with wish/protect and chlorophyll. I'm open to any suggestions, move changes, items, etc. !

Last edited:
I'm really interested in building a team around, Choice Scarf Moxie Krookodile. I'm imagining it as a offensive team that weakens the majority of the opposing team and then cleans with Krookodile. I've tried two variants so far, one with a Mienshao and an Espeon as the core and the other with FWG core of M-Abomasnow, Entie, and Seismitoad. Neither have worked out well though.

The PS version of the team is:

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I'm really interested in building a team around, Choice Scarf Moxie Krookodile. I'm imagining it as a offensive team that weakens the majority of the opposing team and then cleans with Krookodile. I've tried two variants so far, one with a Mienshao and an Espeon as the core and the other with FWG core of M-Abomasnow, Entie, and Seismitoad. Neither have worked out well though.

The PS version of the team is:

Krookodile @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Moxie
Jolly Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
Thanks for posting. Luckily for you, two Scarf Krookodile teams have already been built by the lovely Bouffalant and Decision Makers in the current Lab Archive (located in the second post of this thread). As such, I am going to have to deny your request. However, you may suggest another mon for us builders to do if you so choose. :)

I'm looking for something built around Manectric. Don't care about set or anything else.
Forgot to include this but as empire370 said, this is nowhere near any sort of viable in UU and as such will have to deny your request. You may choose a different mon if you have anything in mind.

Last edited:

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Caiahar Hey dude, didn't specifically set out to build a team for you but I was just looking through the queue and realized I've been using NP Ape a fair amount recently. SO, here's the first team I made in the new meta and it just happens to include NP Ape. The basic idea is to get metagross in on things like Aerodactyl with Crobat's u-turn and punish it with CB attacks. From there, I added Swampert and Sub SD Cobalion for hazards and someone that likes pokemon like opposing Swamperts taking big hits. In turn, Cob sets up on Forretress, one of Metagross' actual switch ins. Hydreigon was specs but I the team was too slow so I switched to Scarf for the ability to revenge things like Sceptile. NP Infernape rounds out the team as a way to roast steels like Doublade and appreciates Suicune being punched over and over. The team is fun to use but far from perfect so let me know if you think any changes work out for you!

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Infernape @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave

Last edited:
I would like a team based off of Metagross and Hydreigon!

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

However, due to metagrosses newness, I don't know what set so I will leave it to the builders. The reason I chose this core as it is like the Mega Meta+Hydrei core in OU, something I am used to.

Reactions: nv

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I would like a team based off of Metagross and Hydreigon!

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Earth Power
- U-turn

However, due to metagrosses newness, I don't know what set so I will leave it to the builders. The reason I chose this core as it is like the Mega Meta+Hydrei core in OU, something I am used to.
If you look at the team posted directly above yours, it features the Meta + Hydrei core you speak of should that appeal to you. However, you are welcome to alter your request and pick a different mon or core and we will gladly accept your request, but I highly suggest testing out YABO's team before wanting something especially when it is so close together. :)

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
Bumping my Escavalier + NP Croak team request. I know you guys are really busy, just letting you know ;)

Bump!

Hello, I'm new to UU and I would like to request a team around Defensive Zapdos and Mega Beedrill. Feel free to edit them however you like. (I'd really appreciate if you didn't change the nature on Zapdos however.)

Zapdos is a tank, it can take physical hits and special hits alike, can set statuses with Discharge and Toxic, and has access to recovery with Lefties/Roost. Roar for setup/wallbreakers.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 Spe
Bold Nature
- Roar
- Discharge
- Toxic
- Roost

Beedrill is fast as hell and hits like a truck. Protect for the first turn to get the speed boost, then u-turn, p-jab and drill run for coverage.

Beedrill @ Beedrillite
Ability: Swarm
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Protect
- Drill Run

Please excuse my short and obvious paragraphs, I don't really know much haha. Together I think these two make a great core, however I am new to this tier so I don't know entirely and I'm open to sugestions/improvements on either of these mons. Thanks much :)

Caiahar Hey dude, didn't specifically set out to build a team for you but I was just looking through the queue and realized I've been using NP Ape a fair amount recently. SO, here's the first team I made in the new meta and it just happens to include NP Ape. The basic idea is to get metagross in on things like Aerodactyl with Crobat's u-turn and punish it with CB attacks. From there, I added Swampert and Sub SD Cobalion for hazards and someone that likes pokemon like opposing Swamperts taking big hits. In turn, Cob sets up on Forretress, one of Metagross' actual switch ins. Hydreigon was specs but I the team was too slow so I switched to Scarf for the ability to revenge things like Sceptile. NP Infernape rounds out the team as a way to roast steels like Doublade and appreciates Suicune being punched over and over. The team is fun to use but far from perfect so let me know if you think any changes work out for you!

Metagross @ Choice Band
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 108 HP / 252 Atk / 148 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Meteor Mash
- Zen Headbutt
- Earthquake
- Explosion

Cobalion @ Leftovers
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head
- Close Combat

Swampert @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Roar
- Stealth Rock

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 112 HP / 252 Atk / 144 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Brave Bird
- U-turn
- Roost
- Taunt

Infernape @ Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Fire Blast
- Grass Knot
- Vacuum Wave
Woah man, I wasn't expecting an answer so soon (though it was unplanned) My body isn't ready. When do you want your free condoms? You earned it, bro

Regarding the sets, what does the EVs on Metagross outspeed? I haven't been here in UU for a while so I missed Metagross coming back in. I'll also be sure to post any changes I feel is best! Thanks

YABO

King Turt
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Woah man, I wasn't expecting an answer so soon (though it was unplanned) My body isn't ready. When do you want your free condoms? You earned it, bro

Regarding the sets, what does the EVs on Metagross outspeed? I haven't been here in UU for a while so I missed Metagross coming back in. I'll also be sure to post any changes I feel is best! Thanks
The EVs outpace Adamant Crawdaunt and Machamp with a couple extra thrown in since thats normally a benchmark that Suicune likes to hit as well and outspeeding that is nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)