Data Usage-Based Tier Update for September 2017 (Oct @ #73) (Nov @ #129)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is incorrect, just as it's incorrect that PU stands for "partially used," though in both cases, there have been strong pushes to backcroym these tiers to have alternate meanings.

As originally conceived, FU is what these Pokemon wish they could say to GameFreak. I should know. I'm the immature nerd who came up with it. As for PU, from Dec. 2014:

*Note that PU doesn't stand for anything--it's a pun, since if you say it out loud it comes out "Pee Ew," in other words, those Pokemon stink.

RU probably has the worst ladder of any tier, which means stuff like this happens. Donphan's an even worse ladder problem than Ambipom.
Isn't the worst lower ladder ubers or anything goes? Because the lower ladder (1000-1200 for ubers, 1000-1300 for AG) of both tiers have stuff like full OU teams or even worse. Or many pokemon which aren't even ranked on viability.

On another note, are we allowed to talk about the effect of these drops? Because Mega Steelix could be really good in RU due to its high physical defense and decent attack. It could be a good defensive rocker or backbone for stall.

Yung Dramps

awesome gaming
Just wondering: Why not use the highest ranked stats for usage? Aren't those the ones that give the best idea of what's good or not since they are the stats of the most experienced players? And if we used those stats, we wouldn't have crap like Claydol staying NU despite being awful.

Just wondering: Why not use the highest ranked stats for usage? Aren't those the ones that give the best idea of what's good or not since they are the stats of the most experienced players? And if we used those stats, we wouldn't have crap like Claydol staying NU despite being awful.
Tiers are based off USAGE, not on how good something is

Aren't they already weighted so that Pokemon used by low-ladder players are weighted less?

Aren't they already weighted so that Pokemon used by low-ladder players are weighted less?
Yes, but the weighting is done around the mid high ladder, not the top. To answer the question, the top of the ladder is a very small sample size that is easily susceptible to temporary trends. For example if someone peaked the ladder with Mega Camerupt and other top players used it as well, it would become OU, which is obviously not a realistic portrait of the long term meta.

Muscle K

Banned deucer.
Tiers are based off USAGE, not on how good something is
While your statement is true, we all must agree that certain things just don't belong in a certain place. In this case, Donphan and Blastoise are ridiculously out of place in the meta, where they are both useless outclassed by better mons in the tier.

Also RU tier leaders, please make a PSA on not using blastoise, donphan and drapion. ty

fanyfan

i once put 42 mcdonalds chicken nuggets in my anus

While your statement is true, we all must agree that certain things just don't belong in a certain place. In this case, Donphan and Blastoise are ridiculously out of place in the meta, where they are both useless outclassed by better mons in the tier.

Also RU tier leaders, please make a PSA on not using blastoise, donphan and drapion. ty
Don’t forget Heliolisk, Jolteon, and Golisopod. Plus debatable ones like Aerodactyl. I hate the RU ladder sometimes all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)