UU Simple Questions Thread

Which Set I should run on each of the Sets you listed there ?

EDIT: Which Pokemon on Offense and Hyper Offense Teams are good Checks too Galvantula in UU ?
Azelf @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt

And anti leads are good, though rapid spinners or defoggers are the best way to handle sticky web in general as galvantula as a suicide lead almost always gets it up. Taunt aero would be a good option if Galvantula's Thunder didn't do so much, mamoswine is good (eq+ice shard), forretress is good (rs+entry hazards), and Idk. While blastoise is normally seen on balance, it can work on offense as an offensive rapid spinner. Normally I would just let the web go up, kill the galvantula, and get rid of the web. Normally you lose a shitton of momentum and maybe a mon, but he just sacked his galvantula and probable aero/reun check so gg no re

Last edited:
Azelf @ Life Orb / Choice Scarf
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Dazzling Gleam
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast

Azelf @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Psyshock
- Fire Blast / Thunderbolt

And anti leads are good, though rapid spinners or defoggers are the best way to handle sticky web in general as galvantula as a suicide lead almost always gets it up. Taunt aero would be a good option if Galvantula's Thunder didn't do so much, mamoswine is good (eq+ice shard), forretress is good (rs+entry hazards), and Idk. While blastoise is normally seen on balance, it can work on offense as an offensive rapid spinner. Normally I would just let the web go up, kill the galvantula, and get rid of the web. Normally you lose a shitton of momentum and maybe a mon, but he just sacked his galvantula and probable aero/reun check so gg no re
Thank you for your Reply.

LilOu

PO poopyhead
Can I use RU Pokemon on the UU ladder on Pokemon Showdown
Yeah, what Ksh13 says is true, but to complement it if you're not sure yet, you can actually use in a certain tier any Pokemon of that tier and below. That is, in OU you can use BL mons and below (UU, RU, NU, etc) aside from the OU tier stuff. This applies to all tiers.

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
What ability runs better on Jellicent: Cursed Body or Water Absorb? And why?
Water Absorb is the better ability by a mile. The reason being is Jellicent is mainly used to stop bulky Waters such as RoarCune from setting up. It also allows Jellicent more switch-ins as it can easily take Scalds for a lot of physical attackers in UU. Cursed Body just serves little purpose in UU as most super effective moves used on Jellicent are able to be tanked thanks to Jellicent's natural bulk as well as its access to a reliable recovery move (Recover). Water Absorb allows Jellicent to wear down mono-attacking Waters as well thanks to its access to Will-O-Wisp + Hex combo. Hope this answers your question :)

Thank you for the advice! I'll take note of this :)

Another question: what would be good teammates and moveset for Choice Scarf Sheer Force Darmanitan?

Last edited:

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for the advice! I'll take note of this :)

Another question: what would be good teammates and moveset for Choice Scarf Sheer Force Darmanitan?
Darmanitan @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

This is a nice voltturn core Christo The Gr8 and I built for our latest tutoring session (thanks man). Darmanitan can be difficult to fit on teams due to its lack of defensive utility, so having a voltturn core to get it into battle safely is a good idea. In this case, Mega Ampharos can Volt Switch out of incoming special walls like Florges and Blissey to bring in Darm, and Darm can U-turn out of incoming bulky Water-types like Suicune to bring in Mega Ampharos. Crobat checks Fighting-types, provides another U-turn, and importantly for voltturn cores defogs away hazards. The Crobat set can be anything standard, Sky Plate just happens to be the one used on my particular team.

Also, I prefer Choice Band over Scarf on Darmanitan because Darmanitan's main draw over other Fire-types in UU is the sheer power he provides, and Band helps you capitalize on that as much as possible. Scarf is still good, but if you go that route you'll want another way of breaking defensive teams since the power loss is significant.

Whats up people!?! I'm working on a fun tour idea and I wanted some feedback before I made a sample thread of what it would look like.

What is it: 280 is a fun UU themed based where each week all pokemon on your team have to be a certain speed! Some speeds may range from 320 for fast mon use or go all the way down to 100 speed for slow mon use. The point of the tour is to keep watchers and players on their toes seeing who will win the speed tie or what innovation has come about in this newly created meta. The name 280 comes from the common speed pokemon can reach or be lowered too in the tier.

Questions for you:

Does this sound exciting while being noncompetitive to have while UU open is going on?

Should we ban Tailwind and Sticky Web?

Is it too easy to cheat? If so how can we prevent that?

Do you have anything to add that may make this more exciting?

Should stuff like iron ball and choice scarf be separate from the speed requirement?

Here is an example of two different mons at the same speed that would be competitive in the tour!
upload_2015-8-27_21-53-2.png

Whats up people!?! I'm working on a fun tour idea and I wanted some feedback before I made a sample thread of what it would look like.

What is it: 280 is a fun UU themed based where each week all pokemon on your team have to be a certain speed! Some speeds may range from 320 for fast mon use or go all the way down to 100 speed for slow mon use. The point of the tour is to keep watchers and players on their toes seeing who will win the speed tie or what innovation has come about in this newly created meta. The name 280 comes from the common speed pokemon can reach or be lowered too in the tier.

Questions for you:

Does this sound exciting while being noncompetitive to have while UU open is going on?

Should stuff like iron ball and choice scarf be separate from the speed requirement?

Here is an example of two different mons at the same speed that would be competitive in the tour!
This sounds pretty sick, and I'd say ban Tailwind and Sticky Web, along with items that change speed stats. Trick room sounds hilarious and pointless though lmao

Kreme

You might be right but you're not correct.
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus

Questions for you:

Sounds like it enforces the masochistic aspect of Pokemon while also showing the UU community who's the biggest hax god. I've never been a fan of losing to Speed ties and this just enforces that, so yeah I think the idea is the opposite of exciting, sorry. Since this whole thing is based on having Pokemon all be the same Speed, I don't see the point in having items and moves that manipulate this, but then that just enforces the Speed tie shit, which, if most people use Choice Scarf (which they probably will), it'll still result in some bullshit Speed ties, so yeah I don't think this is a good idea personally.

Darmanitan @ Choice Band / Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Flare Blitz
- U-turn
- Rock Slide
- Earthquake

Crobat @ Sky Plate
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 16 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def / 236 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Defog
- Brave Bird
- Roost
- U-turn

Ampharos @ Ampharosite
Ability: Static
EVs: 132 HP / 252 SpA / 124 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Dragon Pulse
- Focus Blast

This is a nice voltturn core Christo The Gr8 and I built for our latest tutoring session (thanks man). Darmanitan can be difficult to fit on teams due to its lack of defensive utility, so having a voltturn core to get it into battle safely is a good idea. In this case, Mega Ampharos can Volt Switch out of incoming special walls like Florges and Blissey to bring in Darm, and Darm can U-turn out of incoming bulky Water-types like Suicune to bring in Mega Ampharos. Crobat checks Fighting-types, provides another U-turn, and importantly for voltturn cores defogs away hazards. The Crobat set can be anything standard, Sky Plate just happens to be the one used on my particular team.

Also, I prefer Choice Band over Scarf on Darmanitan because Darmanitan's main draw over other Fire-types in UU is the sheer power he provides, and Band helps you capitalize on that as much as possible. Scarf is still good, but if you go that route you'll want another way of breaking defensive teams since the power loss is significant.
Whoah, that sounds pretty awesome! Could you please breed your Crobat and Ampharos so I can train my own? I'd appreciate it a lot :3

LeoLancaster

does this still work
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Whoah, that sounds pretty awesome! Could you please breed your Crobat and Ampharos so I can train my own? I'd appreciate it a lot :3
Unfortunately for you, myself and most of the UU community play on the simulator Pokemon Showdown! , which means we don't have these Pokemon on-cart. The Wifi forum is where you should go to find people who can help you trade and breed. Just make sure to read the rules for that forum.

I agree th

Questions for you:

at the speed ties would suck. How about instead you make the entire team have to add up to 280*6 speed to make it more fun? I would def play that.

Regarding the physically defensive set for Mega Ampharos, wouldn't a relaxed nature be better than a bold nature for a slower volt switch?

It's really just your preference Bluerain what you want to under speed. Fabio is slow af already, but you probably want to outspeed dragalge, so some speed investment (base) is nice. That's I think the biggest selling point for bold or modest or whatever

What does the term "splashable" mean? I think I know what it means but I'm scared to use the term for I might use it in the wrong context.

What does the term "splashable" mean? I think I know what it means but I'm scared to use the term for I might use it in the wrong context.
A Pokemon you can put on a team and have it fit on easily.
Example: Hydreigon is splashable due to its bulk, handy resistances, power, and lack of counters.
A pokemon that wouldn't be splashable would be Shedinja due to it having 1hp and dying to any hazard, status, or weather damage. You would have to build around such pokemon to make it effective.

Hope that answers your question, if not i can try to clarify.

I have a team I use in-game that has UU or lower Pokemon except for M-Lopunny.

I'd like to start learning a tier and this one has a lot of my faves in it. My question is what I should replace lopunny with for my team, but I'm unsure whether I should make my own thread or just post the team here? If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks!

nv

The Lost Age
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Staff Alumnus
I have a team I use in-game that has UU or lower Pokemon except for M-Lopunny.

I'd like to start learning a tier and this one has a lot of my faves in it. My question is what I should replace lopunny with for my team, but I'm unsure whether I should make my own thread or just post the team here? If anyone could help that would be great.

Thanks!
Well our best fast Fighting-type is Mienshao so you could try that over M Lopunny. Other than that this tier is filled with decent Fighting-types such as Heracross and Machamp. Hope this helps and welcome to the tier! :)

Well our best fast Fighting-type is Mienshao so you could try that over M Lopunny. Other than that this tier is filled with decent Fighting-types such as Heracross and Machamp. Hope this helps and welcome to the tier! :)
It does, thank you!
I am using a sun team but have a Swampert on it. I'm considering making him the new mega of the team, even though his ability sucks with the rest of the team. Are there lots of weather teams in UU? If so, maybe I could use that to my advantage of someone tries to set up rain.
I'm liking the looks of mienshao, he seems like a poke that could mesh well with the rest of my team. I'll check him out, thank you!

Mega Swampert still does well on a sun team as it can set-up rocks for the team as well as having a Stealth Rock resistance that most Sun Teams would crave for. As you said, its ability is great for fighting Rain Teams considering that Sun Teams have a type disadvantage against them. Its bulk and typing is great for absorbing Fire-type moves although watch out for Grass coverage.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)