UU Team Rating Competition - Round 2 [Deadline 13 March]

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Welcome to RMT's first UU team rating competition! In this tournament, we will provide each of you with a team to rate every round. You will then rate the given team and submit it to the Team Raters you are assigned. When the round is over, the participants who submitted the best rates will move on to the next round.

Important notes:
  • The rates in the final two rounds will count towards the Team Rater
    badge and doing well in general will earn you more consideration for it.
  • The winner will be awarded voice status in the RMT room on PS if they have shown an interest in getting involved (If you are currently an active voice and win, you may be promoted to driver).
  • Each round will last one week. Failure to rate the team within the one week time period will result in disqualification unless you're able to give us a valid reason. Please only sign up if you can commit to rating one team every week for the next month.
  • If you are eliminated and would like some feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.
All participants please PM your rate to IronBullet. You have until 23:59 pm EST on Sunday, 13 March to submit your rate.

Good luck everyone, and here's to a fun and competitive tournament!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Without further ado, here's the team for round 2! Credit to Arifeen and Kreme for creating it and Arifeen for the descriptions. Good luck everyone :)

Absol-Mega @ Absolite
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Superpower

I wanted to build an offensive team based around Mega Absol, one of the lesser-used Megas in UU. The set is fairly standard. Absol forces switches quite easily, allowing it to boost up with Swords Dance. Knock Off and Sucker Punch are self-explanatory while Superpower hits the likes of Cobalion, Krookodile and Hydreigon hard.

Mamoswine @ Life Orb
Ability: Thick Fat
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Icicle Crash

I added Mamoswine for its sheer wallbreaking power. It has the ability to punch massive holes in the opposing team and in the process hopefully clear the way for Absol to sweep. Mamoswine's priority is also vitally important for checking fast threats like Alakazam, Mega Aerodactyl, Mega Sceptile and Hydreigon, which can be troublesome to deal with. The moveset is standard, with two hard-hitting STAB moves in Icicle Crash and Earthquake and Knock Off to cripple common checks to Mamo such as Cresselia and Suicune.

Empoleon @ Chople Berry
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 120 HP / 252 SpA / 136 Spe
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Flash Cannon
- Stealth Rock

At this point I felt that I needed a solid counter to Fairies and Stealth Rock to wear down switch-ins for my sweepers. Empoleon was selected for its ability to reliably perform these tasks. Flash Cannon in conjunction with the Speed EVs allow it check Florges. Scald and Ice Beam in tandem provide excellent coverage against the majority of the metagame. I decided to use Chople Berry in order to lure and defeat Fighting-types like Mienshao, Infernape and Cobalion which could otherwise potentially cause problems for my team.

Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Bounce

Gyarados was then added as a reliable check to Ground, Fighting and Fire-types like Mamoswine, Cobalion and Infernape, which I had severely lacked thus far. Gyarados also complemented Absol and Empoleon well by helping deal with Chesnaught and setting up on the bulky Waters that troubled them. Finally, Gyarados provides the team with a bulky setup sweeper and a secondary wincon, helping my other sweepers to break through more defensive teams.

Toxicroak @ Black Sludge
Ability: Dry Skin
EVs: 228 HP / 252 Atk / 28 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Drain Punch
- Gunk Shot
- Sucker Punch

I realised I had no reliable switch-ins to Scald, so Pokemon like Suicune and Alomomola could potentially give the team a really hard time. Toxicroak with its access to Dry Skin was therefore an ideal addition. It also gave me a way to reliably defeat Florges, which I had lacked so far, another priority user, and a Toxic Spikes absorber which is always useful. I went for a bulky EV spread over an offensive one in order to tank Moonblasts and Ice Beams more comfortably and in general make setting up against defensive teams much easier.

Salamence @ Life Orb
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Defog
- Roost

Finally, Salamence was added to provide a method of hazard control and an additional check to Fire- and Fighting-types, especially Entei since Salamence was not as heavily crippled as burns by Gyarados. In conjunction with Gyarados, Salamence also formed a useful Intimidate core which would really help in dealing with physical attackers. The moveset is standard, with Draco Meter and Fire Blast providing excellent power and coverage and Roost granting Salamence longevity.

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
Deadline's passed, thanks to everyone who submitted their rates! Expect round 3 to be up by Sunday latest. We'll also be announcing the best rate of the round like last time. If you are eliminated and would like feedback on your rate and how you can improve going forward, feel free to ask us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)