VGC '11 US Southeast Regional - Atlanta, GA - WON BY TheCaptainFalcon & Maski

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yay! This was my first competition and I made it to the top 29! I think I may have been unintentionally responsible for two of the hax complaints on this forum, haha, but I got the same thing dished back on round 6!

Yay! This was my first competition and I made it to the top 29! I think I may have been unintentionally responsible for two of the hax complaints on this forum, haha, but I got the same thing dished back on round 6!
I know exactly who you are haha, and you are responsible for one of them for sure :), though I guess it got dealt back in the top 32! Regardless, you played a good match against me, and while you may call it hax, or anyone may, there was a 6% chance it happened, and that's how my cookie crumbled.

hey cool i was here for this!

I was that guy with the turquoise bangs. x:
Lost my first round because I'm horridly horrible/was unprepared for genies/unprepared in general/tried to Fake Out a faster Mienshao with Fake Out.

Better luck next time, though! Perhaps then I'll be more social. >>;

(says the guy popping in for the first time in a year olol)

For future reference, it's not good to fake out meinshao anyways, because it usually has inner focus. If you think he's going to FO your lead, cover by using fakeout on the other one, or using a protect screen depending on what his lead is.

Definitely a great game! I don't know enough about damage calcs, but it would have been realllly close even without the crit. Probably the round I enjoyed the most.

In the round I lost, a Thundurus used thunderbolt twice in the first two turns and paralyzed both my pokes! Aaaaand they each missed their next turn due to being paralyzed! That's somewhere in the absurd range of 1/1600! Not to say I would have won, but at least I could have not lost without damaging anything...

I know exactly who you are haha, and you are responsible for one of them for sure :), though I guess it got dealt back in the top 32! Regardless, you played a good match against me, and while you may call it hax, or anyone may, there was a 6% chance it happened, and that's how my cookie crumbled.

Definitely a great game! I don't know enough about damage calcs, but it would have been realllly close even without the crit. Probably the round I enjoyed the most.

In the round I lost, a Thundurus used thunderbolt twice in the first two turns and paralyzed both my pokes! Aaaaand they each missed their next turn due to being paralyzed! That's somewhere in the absurd range of 1/1600! Not to say I would have won, but at least I could have not lost without damaging anything...
Yeah, I heard all about that. As it goes in most games, you have to have a bit of luck to win, and you gave yourself the opportunity to come out ahead so that's all it takes!! It was a great match though, I think had we not seen a crit Jelly would have been around 20% HP and he outsped Reuniclus the turn before so that probably would have been it, however, those aren't the only factors. I enjoyed that round a lot too, definitely a much better match than my first 2!

I have to laugh at the absurdity that robizard ended up getting a win on a sub10% chance against my travelling buddy Psycho only to go on and have circumstances occur that made what happened in the Psycho/robizard match seem probable playing me two rounds later, lol. Pity they weren't both cleaner games, but I guess that's the game we're playing...

Haha, at least it shows we can take the game in spirit. A guy I beat in round 2 got pretty darn bent out of shape from a freeze when I have a good gut feeling I would have one anyways. My only complaint would be that it would have been nicer to play a round that lasted more than 3 turns, ha.

Yeah, when you think about it, the likelyhood of one, playing the two people in ducks shirts there, and two, having that low percentage win chance against one and then getting paralyzed in the finalist lounge top 32 against the other(shirt wearing folk) has got to be somewhere around 1/10000000. Gotta love pokemon.

On my very first competitive experience, no less! I had never practiced or played online before. Just lots of studying, ha.

Yeah, when you think about it, the likelyhood of one, playing the two people in ducks shirts there, and two, having that low percentage win chance against one and then getting paralyzed in the finalist lounge top 32 against the other(shirt wearing folk) has got to be somewhere around 1/10000000. Gotta love pokemon.

That is a good showing then! Prior to Saturday I started playing on Thursday with a team I didnt have time to even design, and then the 15 hour drive Friday knocked out any practice then, so I was pretty pleased with playing well enough to 4-0, 4-0, and then lose 1-0 via crit. Gained some pretty valuable experience and had an overall good time.

For future reference, it's not good to fake out meinshao anyways, because it usually has inner focus. If you think he's going to FO your lead, cover by using fakeout on the other one, or using a protect screen depending on what his lead is.
...That's actually really viable, and I feel really dumb for not thinking that.
I realized that switching is -generally- less common in the VGC meta but mine was running Regenerator, anyway. x:

ololol I need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)