Clefable

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion

Overview
########

Clefable is one of the rare Pokemon in VGC that has access to the invaluable move Follow Me, and its typing makes it perfect for the role of a Follow Me support Pokemon. Clefable has a versatile movepool with both support and offensive options. It does, however, have pretty low stats with none over base 100. Clefable also faces competition from Togekiss, which has better stats, and Amoonguss, which has played a big part in VGC ever since its introduction. However, Clefable is still a good pick for a support Pokemon as its pure Fairy typing synergizes better with other Pokemon unlike Amoonguss and Togekiss.

Follow Me Support
########
name: Follow Me Support
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Ice Beam / Icy Wind / Moonblast
move 3: Helping Hand / Heal Pulse / Thunder Wave
move 4: Protect
ability: Unaware / Magic Guard
item: Sitrus Berry / Rocky Helmet
evs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Follow Me provides your Clefable's team with redirection support. Ice Beam and Moonblast are both good in their own right and the choice between the two depends on what coverage the team needs. Heal Pulse allows Clefable to heal up bulkier Pokemon such as Aegislash and Mega Venusaur or keep its ally out of KO range. Helping Hand allows Clefable to boost the power of its ally's attack. Clefable has access to two forms of speed control: Icy Wind and Thunder Wave. Icy Wind can be used over Ice Beam or Moonblast, and Thunder Wave can replace Helping Hand or Heal Pulse. Finally, Protect shields Clefable from being double targeted and can give its team a free turn.

Set Details
========

The HP and Defense EVs allow Clefable to live an Iron Head from Life Orb Adamant Bisharp. Clefable can survive most special attacks in the metagame, bar Mega Charizard Y's Overheat, so it is alright to run minimal Special Defense investment. With Unaware, Clefable can more easily handle a boosted Pokemon's hits, such as Defiant-boosted Bisharp and Power-Up Punch Mega Kangaskhan; but if you have more than one Intimidate or Snarl user, switching to Magic Guard is probably your best bet (note: Unaware does not ignore Icy Wind Speed debuffs). Alternate EVs include dropping some Defense for some Special Attack investment (36 Special Attack EVs allow Clefable to OHKO Scarf Landorus-T with Ice Beam) or more Speed (12 Speed EVs allow Clefable to outrun Bisharp after an Icy Wind). Depending on the team, more Special Defense can be used. On a Trick Room team, Clefable can run a Relaxed nature with 0 Speed IVs.
Usage Tips
========

Most often, Clefable should use Follow Me the most for redirecting attacks such as Close Combat and Draco Meteor. Clefable should also use Icy Wind, Helping Hand, and Thunder Wave often so that it can create safe plays for its partners.

Team Options
========

Boosting Pokemon and those that share a weakness with Togekiss work really well with Clefable. Pokemon such as Mega Salamence greatly benefit from the support provided by Clefable, which, unlike Togekiss, does not share a weakness with Mega Salamence. Mega Metagross and Mega Kangaskhan are both benefited by Clefable's support, as Clefable resists both Dark and Fighting. Trick Room setters such as Cresselia, Chandelure, and Jellicent are also great partners for Clefable. Common physical and special attackers pair well with Clefable. Physically attacking partners for Clefable include Terrakion and Conkeldurr, while specially attacking teammates can include Hydreigon, Latios, and Mega Camerupt.

Other Options
########

Wish and Moonlight are both viable recovery options for Clefable. Aromatherapy allows Clefable to heal itself and its teammates of status. Fake Tears allows Clefable to lower a foe's Special Defense by two stages. Dual Screens in conjunction with Gravity are other options that Clefable has at its disposal. Finally, Clefable also has a pretty large offensive movepool that includes Fire Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Powerful Steel-types that can hit hard such as Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Heatran, and Bisharp all do a great job at checking Clefable. Aegislash, Metagross, and Heatran are especially threatening as they can easily set up a Substitute on Clefable.
**Spread Moves**: Spread moves such as Rock Slide, Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, Earthquake, and Blizzard can't be redirected so users of these moves can whittle Clefable down.
**Mega Venusaur**: Mega Venusaur is a great counter to Clefable, as it can tank both of Clefable's most common attacks, not to mention that Venusaur isn't really that affected by speed control. Mega Venusaur can also deal massive damage with Sludge Bomb and can use Leech Seed to stall Unaware Clefable.
**Taunt**: Since Clefable's moveset is mainly supporting moves, Taunt users such as Gengar and Thundurus do a great job at shutting Clefable down.

Last edited:

Weebl

Hey!
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
add/(un)Capitalize
remove
(comments)
Overview
########

Clefable is one of the rare Pokemon in VGC that has access to the invaluable move Follow Me, (AC) and its typing makes it perfect for the role of a Follow Me support Pokemon. Not only that but Clefable's typing makes it extremely good for Follow Me Support! In addition to its typing, it Clefable also has a deep versatile movepool: with both both support and offensive options. It does, however, have pretty low stats, (AC) with none of its stats being over base 100. with nothing going above base 100. Clefable also faces competition with from Togekiss, another Pokemon with access to Follow Me and one that has better stats, and Amoonguss, (AC) which has who's played a big part in VGC ever since its introduction. However, (AC) (subjective, but highly recommended) Clefable, however, is still a good pick for a support Pokemon (why? give some reasons that I should use it over Amoonguss or Togekiss.) if you want a Pokemon who's great for supporting.

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me provides your team with redirection support. Ice Beam and Moonblast are both offensive options for Clefable; both moves are good in its their own right, (AC) and it the choice between the two depends on what coverage your team needs. (**)Clefable has access to two forms of speed control: Icy Wind and Thunder Wave. (**) Heal Pulse is a pretty underrated support move that allows you Clefable to heal up bulkier Pokemon like Aegislash or and Mega Venusaur or just to keep your partner its ally out of KO range. Helping Hand is a great support move which allows Clefable to boost the power of its partner's ally's attack. (Switch the order of the sentences about Heal Pulse and Helping Hand to reflect the move order.) (** Move here.)Clefable has access to two forms of speed control: Icy Wind and Thunder Wave. Icy Wind can be used over Ice Beam or Moonblast, and Thunder Wave can replace Helping Hand or Healing Pulse.(**) Finally, (AC) Protect is to shield Clefable from being double targeted and can give your team a free turn keep people from ganging up on Clefable.

Set Details
========

The HP and Defense EVs allow spread allows Clefable to live an Iron Head from Life Orb Adamant Bisharp Iron Head. Since Clefable lives can survive (variety) most special attacks in the metagame, bar Mega Charizard Y's Overheat, it is alright to run minimal Special Defense investment. With Unaware, (AC) Clefable can more easily handle allows you to take a boosted Pokemon's hits, such as those Defiant-(add hyphen)boosted Bisharp and Power-Up-Punch Power-Up Punch Mega Kangaskhan; but if you have more than one Intimidate/Snarl user, switching to Magic Guard is probably your best bet (note: Unaware does not ignore Icy Wind Speed debuffs). Alternate EVs include dropping some Defense for some Special Attack investment (36 SpA allows you Special Attack EVs allow Clefable to OHKO Scarf Landorus-T with Ice Beam) or more Speed (12 Speed EVs allow Clefable allows you to outrun Bisharp after an Icy Wind). Depending on the team, more Special Defense can be used. In On a Trick Room team, run a Relaxed nature instead on Clefable. (What about 0 Speed IVs?)

Usage Tips
========

Most often, you'll Clefable be using Follow Me the most to draw away redirect attacks such as Close Combat and Draco Meteor. Clefable should also use Icy Wind and Thunder Wave often, as well, so that you it can create safe plays for your its partner. The same applies to Helping Hand.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that shares a weakness with Togekiss works really well with Clefable. Set-up Boosting Pokemon generally prefer Clefable as a partner as well. Pokemon such as Mega Salamence greatly benefit from are benefited greatly by Clefable's support the support provided by Clefable, (AC) which who, unlike Togekiss, does not share a weakness with Mega Salamence. Mega Metagross and Kangaskhan are both benefited as well by Clefable's support, (AC) as since Clefable resists both Dark and Fighting. Trick Room setters are great partners as well, such as Cresselia, Chandelure, and Jellicent are also great partners for Clefable. Common physical and special attackers too pairs greatly pair well with Clefable. Physical attackers Physically attacking partners for Clefable include Terrakion and Conkeldurr, (AC) while special attackers specially attacking teammates include Hydreigon, Latios, and Mega Camerupt.

Other Options
########

Wish and Moonlight are both options on Clefable should you choose want to run recovery. Aromatherapy is an interesting support move which allows you Clefable to heal itself and its teammates of status to heal your party's statuses. Fake Tears is another interesting support move; it allows Clefable to lower a foe's one of your opponent's Pokemon's Special Defense by two stages. Dual Screens as well as in conjunction with Gravity are other options that Clefable has in at its disposal. Finally, Clefable also has a pretty large offensive movepool, (AC) as well. Options include including Fire Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-Types Steel-types**: Powerful Steel-(add hyphen)types that can hit hard such as Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Heatran, and Bisharp all do a great job at checking Clefable. Aegislash, Metagross, and Heatran are especially threatening, (AC) as do a great job at checking Clefable since, if they're running it, they can easily set up a Substitute on Clefable.
**Spread Moves**: Spread moves such as Rock Slide, Heat Wave from Mega Charizard Y, Earthquake, and Blizzard, etc do a great job at checking Clefable, (AC) because Follow Me doesn't redirect them, so they can whittle Clefable down since it isn't affected by Follow Me and whittles down Clefable.
**Mega Venusaur**: Mega Venusaur is a great counter to Clefable, (AC) as it since Venusaur can tank both of Clefable's most common attacks. Not to mention that Venusaur isn't really that affected by speed control. Mega Venusaur can also deal massive damage with Sludge Bomb as well as being able to Leech Seed and can use Leech Seed to stall Unaware Clefable.
**Taunt**: Since Clefable's moveset is mainly supporting moves, Taunt completely shuts it down. Pokemon such as Gengar and Thundurus both do a great job at shutting down Clefable.

GP 1/2

Last edited:

antemortem

is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Socialization Head
Overview
########

Clefable is one of the rare Pokemon in VGC that has access to the invaluable move Follow Me, and its typing makes it perfect for the role of a Follow Me support Pokemon. Clefable has a versatile movepool with both support and offensive options. It does, however, have pretty low stats with none of its stats being over base 100. Clefable also faces competition from Togekiss, one that which has better stats, and Amoonguss,(AC) which has played a big part in VGC ever since its introduction. However, Clefable is still a good pick for a support Pokemon,(AC) since as its pure Fairy typing allow it to synergizes better with other Pokemon unlike Amoonguss and Togekiss.

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me provides your Clefable's team with redirection support. Ice Beam and Moonblast are both good in their own right and the choice between the two depends on what coverage your the team needs. Heal Pulse is a pretty underrated support move that allows Clefable to heal up bulkier Pokemon like such as Aegislash and Mega Venusaur or just to keep its ally out of KO range. Helping Hand is a great support move which allows Clefable to boost the power of its ally's attack. Clefable has access to two forms of speed control: Icy Wind and Thunder Wave. Icy Wind can be used over Ice Beam or Moonblast, and Thunder Wave can replace Helping Hand or Heal Pulse. Finally, Protect is to shields Clefable from being double targeted and can give your its team a free turn.

Set Details
========

The HP and Defense EVs allow Clefable to live an Iron Head from Life Orb Adamant Bisharp. Since Clefable can survive most special attacks in the metagame, bar Mega Charizard Y's Overheat, so it is alright to run minimal Special Defense investment.(space)With Unaware, Clefable can more easily handle a boosted Pokemon's hits, such as those Defiant-boosted Bisharp and Power-Up Punch Mega Kangaskhan; but if you have more than one Intimidate/ or Snarl user, switching to Magic Guard is probably your best bet (note: Unaware does not ignore Icy Wind Speed debuffs). Alternate EVs include dropping some Defense for some Special Attack investment (36 Special Attack EVs allow Clefable to OHKO Scarf Landorus-T with Ice Beam) or more Speed (12 Speed EVs allow Clefable to outrun Bisharp after an Icy Wind). Depending on the team, more Special Defense can be used. On a Trick Room team, Clefable can run a Relaxed nature with 0 Speed IVs instead on Clefable.

Usage Tips
========

Most often, Clefable will be using should use Follow Me the most to redirect for redirecting attacks such as Close Combat and Draco Meteor. Clefable should also use Icy Wind, Helping Hand, and Thunder Wave often so that it can create safe plays for its partners. The same applies to Helping Hand.

Team Options
========

Boosting Pokemon and those that share a weakness with Togekiss works really well with Clefable. Boosting Pokemon generally prefer Clefable as a partner as well. Pokemon such as Mega Salamence greatly benefit from the support provided by Clefable, which, unlike Togekiss, does not share a weakness with Mega Salamence. Mega Metagross and Mega Kangaskhan are both benefited by Clefable's support, as Clefable resists both Dark and Fighting. Trick Room setters such as Cresselia, Chandelure, and Jellicent are also great partners for Clefable. Common physical and special attackers pair well with Clefable. Physically attacking partners for Clefable include Terrakion and Conkeldurr,(AC) while specially attacking teammates can include Hydreigon, Latios, and Mega Camerupt.

Other Options
########

Wish and Moonlight are both viable recovery options on for Clefable should you want to run recovery. Aromatherapy is an interesting support move which allows Clefable to heal itself and its teammates of status. Fake Tears is another interesting support move; it allows Clefable to lower a foe's Special Defense by two stages. Dual Screens in conjunction with Gravity are other options that Clefable has at its disposal. Finally, Clefable also has a pretty large offensive movepool including that includes Fire Blast, Dazzling Gleam, Thunderbolt, Psychic, and Shadow Ball.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Powerful Steel-types that can hit hard such as Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, Aegislash, Heatran, and Bisharp all do a great job at checking Clefable. Aegislash, Metagross, and Heatran are especially threatening as they can easily set up a Substitute on Clefable.

**Spread Moves**: Spread moves such as Rock Slide, Heat Wave from Mega Charizard Y's Heat Wave, Earthquake, and Blizzard can't be redirected, do a great job at checking Clefable, because Follow Me doesn't redirect them, so users of these moves they can whittle Clefable down.

**Mega Venusaur**: Mega Venusaur is a great counter to Clefable,(AC) as it can tank both of Clefable's most common attacks.(remove),(add) not to mention that Venusaur isn't really that affected by speed control. Mega Venusaur can also deal massive damage with Sludge Bomb and can use Leech Seed to stall Unaware Clefable.

**Taunt**: Since Clefable's moveset is mainly supporting moves, Taunt users such as Gengar and Thundurus do a great job at shutting completely shuts it Clefable down. Pokemon such as Gengar and Thundurus both do a great job at shutting down Clefable.
GP 2/2

The major removals are fluff - if it talked around the primary purpose and added nothing significant to the statement, then it was fluff. Good analysis regardless!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)