Status
Not open for further replies.

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion

Overview
########

Togekiss has access to the rare and extremely useful Follow Me, which combined with its good bulk and well-rounded stats allows it to perform its role as a redirection support Pokemon really well. However, its Fairy / Flying typing is pretty mediocre, as it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, Iron Head, and Flash Cannon. It isn't terrible though, considering it has a Dragon immunity as well as resisting Fighting-type attacks, but Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf, and Clefable, which doesn't have weaknesses to Rock or Electric.

Follow Me Support
########
name: Follow Me Support
move 1: Follow Me
move 2: Air Slash / Dazzling Gleam
move 3: Tailwind / Thunder Wave / Roost
move 4: Protect
ability: Serene Grace
item: Sitrus Berry / Rocky Helmet
evs: 252 HP / 164 Def / 4 SpA / 28 SpD / 60 Spe
nature: Bold

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you will be using the most often on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move, which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, while Dazzling Gleam is great for spread damage and inflicts more chip damage than Air Slash. Togekiss has two great options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave. Tailwind is a good option because it gives a blanket boost to your team as well as allowing your team to possibly outspeed Ground-types such as Choice Scarf Landorus-T, while Thunder Wave is a more permanent form of speed control because it doesn't end, unlike Tailwind. Roost is for longevity and instant recovery and is a nice option over speed control if you are using Togekiss on a Trick Room team. Protect is here as it can provide protection for a turn should your opponent choose to double target Togekiss.

Set Details
========

The HP and Defense EVs allow Togekiss to survive an Iron Head from Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross. With Sitrus Berry, it is also only 4HKOed by Rock Slide from Landorus-T. The Speed EVs allow Togekiss to outrun Rotom-W outside of Tailwind and Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T under Tailwind. A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed EVs for Trick Room works. A Calm nature can be use to sponge special attacks. If you're running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability, while Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.

Usage Tips
========

Togekiss should spam Follow Me until its partner no longer needs redirection support or Togekiss faints. If your opponent has a Pokemon that uses spread moves, such as Mega Charizard Y or Tyranitar, it is better to just use an attacking move or status them if you choose to run Thunder Wave. Togekiss is pretty predictable, as it mainly spams Follow Me, so it is likely that your opponent will double-target Togekiss in anticipation of this. In that case, it is a good idea to use Protect.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from speed control and redirection support, especially those that are weak to Fighting- or Dragon-types, such as Mega Kangaskhan, are great partners for Togekiss. Pokemon that spam Earthquake, such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and Landorus-T, are great partners too. Examples of Pokemon benefiting from redirection support are Trick Room setters, such as Cresselia and Jellicent, and frail Pokemon such as Breloom. Setup attackers, in general, are great partners too. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence; the latter is a great partner due to Togekiss's immunities to Dragon and Ground, which allows Salamence to use Earthquake freely.

Other Options
########

A Choice Specs set with Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere can be used. Togekiss also has a myriad of support moves to choose from such as Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry are alternate item choices; the former can protect Togekiss from status while the latter two can mitigate Togekiss's weaknesses. Mental Herb is another choice if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are Safety Goggles and Leftovers, which can be used if item clause limits Togekiss from using Sitrus Berry or Rocky Helmet. Another option is a Choice Scarf set that capitalizes on Air Slash's flinch chance, but it isn't that great due to Togekiss's lack of a strong Fairy-type STAB move.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Steel-types generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss, as they are able to do massive damage to it. Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP because its Defense stat is lower than its Special Defense. Mega Mawile is also able to outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room while Mega Metagross and Bisharp can outrun Togekiss without speed control. Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well, as both of them can easily set up a Substitute if they're running it. They can also tank both of Togekiss's STAB moves really easily.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types are able to hit Togekiss for super effective damage, which can allow them to easily whittle it down. Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP even with minimal investment; Thundurus can also Taunt Togekiss. Additionally, they're immune to Thunder Wave and resist what is arguably Togekiss's best STAB move—Air Slash.

**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon such as Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts, though Togekiss can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides.

**Taunt Users**: Taunt completely shuts Togekiss down, making it rely on its weak STAB moves. Pokemon such as Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge problems for Togekiss. Thundurus can hit Togekiss for super effective damage with Thunderbolt, while Gengar can do the same with Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which nullify Follow Me.

Last edited:
Most dazzling Fairy-type ever T^T
Add / Correction
Remove
Comment

**Amcheck**

Overview
########

Togekiss is a Pokemon that has access to the rare and extremely useful move, (AC) Follow Me. That combined with Togekiss's good bulk and well-rounded stats allows it to perform its role as a Follow Me supporting (lowercase) Pokemon really well. However, its Fairy/Flying typing is pretty mediocre since because it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, (AC) and Iron Head, (AC) / and Flash Cannon. It isn't terrible though, considering Due to its typing, it has gained an immunity to Dragon-type attacks, immunity as well as resisting 4x resistance to Fighting-types attacks. Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf drawback, and Clefable, who which doesn't have a Rock or Electric weakness. Nonetheless, Togekiss is a great go-to Pokemon for redirection support.

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you Togekiss will be using the most often. (period) on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move, (AC) which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, (AC) while Dazzling Gleam is great for spread damage and is more chip deals more damage than Air Slash. Togekiss has two options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave, both of which are great forms of Speed (capitalize) control. (Hmm...idk but you could mention a little more in what Tailwind and Thunder Wave do to help Togekiss. Maybe paraflinch.) Roost is for provides longevity, (AC) and instant mass recovery, (AC) and is a nice option over Speed (capitalize) control if you are using Togekiss with a Trick Room team. Protect here because this is Doubles. is used to help scout the foe's attack and allows its partner to set up.

Set Details
========

The HP and Def Defense EVs The EVs invested in HP and Defense allows Togekiss to live survive an Iron Head from a Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross Meteor Mash. Iron Head (not sure if Mega Metagross runs Iron Head for VGC) With the Sitrus Berry, it is also 4HKOed with Rock Slide from Landorus-T. (add hyphen) The Speed EVs allows Togekiss to outrun Rotom-Wash Rotom-W out of Tailwind and outrun Adamant Scarf Landoge Landorus-T (assuming that's Lando-T) with the Tailwind.
A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed EVs for is useful when running a Trick Room works. team. A Calm nature can be used to sponge special (lowercase) attacks. If you're Togekiss is running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability is preferred, over while Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.

Usage Tips
========

Spam Follow Me until A) when you don't need the redirection support B) you need to use Speed Control/Roost C) Togekiss dies (A Pokemon doesn't die) It's necessary to keep using Follow Me to direct any attack onto Togekiss. You can also make use of Speed control and the move Roost for longitivtiy. This would help Togekiss in using Follow Me again when needed to before it faints. This can also help its partners in setting up, allowing them to sweep.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from Speed control (lowercase) and redirection, such as Mega Kangaskhan, (AC) and especially Pokemon who are weak to Fighting- (add hyphen) and Dragon-types moves (add hyphen), are great partners for Togekiss. Pokemon who that spam Earthquake such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and Landorus-T, are great partners too. (period) such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, or Landorus-T. Frail Pokemon like Breloom are great partners as well (might want to be a little more descriptive as to why Breloom is a good partner) . Pokemon who benefits from redirection support are fantastic partners for Togekiss. (I find this to be redundant cause you mentioned Mega Kangaskhan earlier about benefitting it. You could mention Mega Kanga in that sentence if you like or you can remove the sentence. If you do plan on putting Mega Kanga here, then reword the first sentence.) One example is Trick Room setters, like such as Cresselia and Jellicen, (AC) make excellent partners with redirection support. (I see what you mean that Cresselia and Jellicent benefit from it, but I would say that put that as one sentence. "Trick Room setters that benefit from redirection support such as Cresselia and Jellicent, are fantastic partners.) Sweepers that can set-up (lowercase) such as Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence make great partners. Pokemon, in general, are great partners too. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence, The latter is a great partner due to Togekiss' immunity to Dragon and Ground, (AC) (which allows Mega Salamence to use Earthquake freely.).

Other Options
########

A fun Choice Specs set can be used with the moveset of Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere. Togekiss also has a myriad of support moves to choose from like such as Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Two other viable attacking moves are available to Togekiss too: Fire Blast and Aura Sphere. (this part wasn't needed because it was mentioned being as a Choice Specs set) Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry are alternate item choices, the latter two can mitigate Togekiss' weakness. Mental Herb is another choice if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are the Safety Goggles and Leftovers, which can be used if item clause limits you Togekiss from using Sitrus Berry and /Rocky Helmet. A really fun set is a A Choice Scarf set (which honestly isn't that great due to Togekiss' lack of a strong Fairy STAB but Choice Scarf Air Slash flinches are hilarious). Thanks to Choice Scarf, Togekiss can outspeed many threats, while Air Slash gets a boost from Serene Grace increasing its chances of flinching the foe.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types (add hyphen and lowercase "t") **: Steel-types (add hyphen) generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss since because they are able to do massive damage to it. Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss' HP since because its physical defense stat Defense is lower than its special Special Defense. Mega Mawile is also able to underspeed outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room, (AC) while the other two Bisharp and Mega Metagross can outrun Togekiss without Speed control. Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well since because both of them can easily set up a Substitute if they're running it. They can also tank both of Togekiss' STAB really easily.

**Electric-types (add hyphen and lowercase "t") **: Electric-types such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Zapdos, and Thundurus can deal significant damage on Togekiss with their STAB moves, easily wearing down Togekiss HP even with minimal investment. They are able to hit Togekiss super effectively which can allow them to easily whittle it down. Common Electric Types like Rotom Wash/Heat, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk off of Togekiss' HP even with minimal investment, the latter can also Taunt Toge. (I assumed that the "latter" is Thundurus. Just realized it means "Last thing mentioned" haha. But took the Taunt part out cause you mentioned it in the Taunt users section. Swapped The Electric-Type listings to the first sentence.) Not to mention they're immune to Thunder Wave, (AC) as well as resist arguably Togekiss' best STAB move, Air Slash.

**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon like such as Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts will hit Togekiss hard, possibly flinching it as well. Togekiss can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides though so you will need more power if you want to deal massive damage to it.

**Taunters Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl completely shuts Togekiss down, making it shuts down Togekiss, forcing it to switch out, or rely on its weak STAB moves. Pokemon like Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge problems for Togekiss. Thundurus can hit Togekiss super effectively with Thunderbolt, (AC) while as Gengar can do the same with Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which actually nullifies Follow Me respectively.

Tagging GatoDelFuego for a check. Don't need to rush in doing it. Feel free if you want to. q.q

Tired~ u.u

Last edited:

DaAwesomeDude1

waiting for a moment
is a Top Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnus
DPL Champion
I'm away from my house right now but I will get to it as soon as I'm home. Thank you for checking ^_^

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
That combined with Its (capitalize) good bulk and well-rounded stats, this allows it Togekiss to perform its role as a Follow Me Supporting Pokemon really well
I don't think the ", this" was completely necessary. I think that it'd flow better as, "Togekiss's good bulk and well-rounded stats allow it to preform its role as a supporting Pokemon really well."

That combined with its Togekiss's good bulk and well-rounded stats allows it to preform its role as a Follow Me supporting Pokemon really well.
can someone (Kingler12345 Queez) correct me if im wrong pls

-- amcheck ahead --
add, remove, (comments), Capitalization​
Overview
########

Togekiss is a Pokemon that has access to the rare and extremely useful move Follow Me, (AC) a greatly useful move. That Combined with its Togekiss's good bulk and well-rounded stats, (AC) Follow Me allows it to perform its role as a Follow Me redirection supporting Pokemon really well. However, its Fairy / Flying (add space after "Fairy" and before "Flying") typing is pretty mediocre, (AC) and makes since it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, (AC) and Iron Head / and Flash Cannon. It isn't terrible though, considering Thanks to the Fairy typing, though, it has gained an Dragon immunity to Dragon-, and resistance to Fighting-type moves as well as resisting Fighting Types. Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf, and Clefable, who doesn't have a Rock- (added hyphen after "Rock") or Electric-type weakness. Nonetheless, Togekiss is a makes up for a great go-to redirection support Pokemon for redirection support.

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you will be using the most often on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, (AC) while whereas Dazzling Gleam is great for spreaded damage and is deals a bit more chip damage than Air Slash. Togekiss has two options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave, both of which are great forms of great moves for speed control. Roost, (AC) on the other hand, (AC) is for longevity and instant mass recovery, (AC) and is a nice option over speed control if you are using Togekiss with in a Trick Room team. Protect is here because this is Doubles to either scout or just provide a turn to set up in, (AC) or allow you to do both.

Set Details
========

The HP and Def EVs invested in HP and Defense allows Togekiss to live an Iron Head from Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross' Iron Head. With the Sitrus Berry, it is also 4HKOed escapes a 3HKO (replace with 2HKO if I'm wrong) with Rock Slide from Landorus-T's Rock Slide. (replaced the space in between "Landorus" and "T" with a hyphen) The speed EVs invested in Speed allows Togekiss to outrun outspeed Rotom-Wash without of Tailwind and outrun outspeed Adamant Scarf Landoge Landorus-T with the during Tailwind.

A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed EVs on Togekiss for are preferred in a Trick Room team works. A Calm nature can be use to sponge special attacks. If you're Togekiss is running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability preferred while wheras Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.

Usage Tips
========

Spam Follow Me until A) when you don't need the redirection support B) you need to use Speed Control/Roost C) Togekiss dies It is recommended to keep on using Follow Me for redirecting attacks onto Togekiss. However, whenever you need speed control or recovery, it is better to use the move for that role. Follow Me is generally spammed till Togekiss faints, providing its partner enough time to set up and sweep.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from speed control and redirection, such as Mega Kangaskhan, (AC) and especially Pokemon who are weak to Fighting- (added hyphen after "Fighting") and Dragon-types (replaced the space between "Dragon" and "types" with a hyphen) moves, (RC) are great partners for Togekiss. Pokemon who spam Earthquake, (AC) are great partners too such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, or and Landorus-T are great partners as well. Frail Pokemon like Breloom are great partners as well also benefit from the redirection support from Togekiss. Pokemon who benefits from redirection support are fantastic partners for Togekiss. One Other benefiters example is are Trick Room setters, (RC) like Cresselia and Jellicent. Set-up Pokemon sweepers, (RC) in general, (RC) are great partners too, (AC) as Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence which enjoys Togekiss's immunity to Dragon- and Ground-type moves. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence, the latter is a great partner due to Togekiss' immunity to Dragon and Ground (which allows Mence to use Earthquake freely).

Other Options
########

A fun Choice Specs set can be used with the moveset of Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere. Togekiss also has a myriad lot of support moves to choose from like Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Two other viable attacking moves are available to Togekiss also has access too: Fire Blast and Aura Sphere, (AC) which lets it target more Pokemon. Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry (completely spell item names) are alternate item choices,; (replaced the comma with a semi-colon) the latter two can mitigate mitigating Togekiss' weakness. Mental Herb is another choice option if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are the Safety Goggles, (AC) and Leftovers, (RC) which can be used if item clause limits you from using Sitrus/ Sitrus Berry or Rocky Helmet. A really fun set is a Choice Scarf set (which honestly isn't that great due to Togekiss' lack of a strong Fairy STAB but Scarf Air Slash flinches are hilarious) A Choice Scarf variant can also be used with the ability Serene Grace to get annoying flinches on the opposing team thanks to Air Slash's boosted chance to flinch.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types** (replaced space in between "Steel" and "types" with a hyphen): Steel-types (replaced space in between "Steel" and "types" with a hyphen) generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss since they are able to do massive severe damage to it. Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP, (AC) as since its physical defense stat is lower than its special is weak to physical attacks. Mega Mawile is also able to underspeed outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room while the other two Mega Metagross and Bisharp can outrun outspeed Toge without speed control. Both of Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well since both of them can easily set up a Substitute, (AC) if they're running it. They can also and also tank both of Togekiss's STABs really easily.

**Electric-types (replaced space in between "Steel" and "types" with a hyphen)**: They Electric-types are able to hit Togekiss super effectively with their STAB, (AC) which can allowing them to easily whittle it Togekiss down. Common Electric-types (replaced space in between "Electric" and "types" with a hyphen) like Rotom-Wash (replaced space in between "Rotom" and "W" with a hyphen), (AC) Rotom-Heat, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk off of damage Togekiss' HP considerably even with minimal investment,; (replaced the comma with a semi-colon) the latter can also able to Taunt Togekiss. Not to mention they're Electric-types are also immune to Thunder Wave, (AC) as well as resisting Air Slash, (AC) arguably a powerful STAB of Togekiss' (removed apostrophe) best STAB, Air Slash.

**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon like Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts severely damages. (removed period) Togekiss, (AC) with a possibility to flinch it as well can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides though so you will need more power if you want to deal massive damage to it.

**Taunters**: Taunt completely shuts Togekiss down, making it rely on its weak STAB moves. Pokemon like Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge cause problems for Togekiss by outspeeding, (AC) and then proceeding to Taunt it. Apart from that, Thundurus can also hit Togekiss super effectively with Thunderbolt, (AC) and while Gengar can do the same with by using Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which actually negate and nullifies nullify Follow Me, (AC) respectively.

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Add
Capitalise/capital -> lower case

Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Togekiss is a Pokemon that has access to the rare and extremely useful move Follow Me. That, and this combined with its good bulk and well-rounded stats allows it to perform its role as a Follow Me redirection supporting Pokemon really well. However, its Fairy(space)/(space)Flying typing is pretty mediocre, (AC) since as it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, (AC) and Iron Head/,(AC) and Flash Cannon. It isn't terrible though, considering it has gained a Dragon immunity as well as resisting Fighting-(hyphen)types attacks., (full stop/period -> comma) but Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf, and Clefable, whoich doesn't have a weaknesses to Rock or Electric weakness. Nonetheless, Togekiss is a great go-to Pokemon for redirection support. (the opening line of the analysis establishes this)

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you will be using the most often on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move, (AC) which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, (AC) while Dazzling Gleam is great for spread damage and is inflicts more chip damage than Air Slash. Togekiss has two great options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave, both of which are great forms of speed control. (I'd personally give a brief description of both moves and the respective merits of using them) Roost is for longevity and instant mass recovery and is a nice option over speed control if you are using Togekiss with on a Trick Room team. Protect is here because this is Doubles. (say why Protect is so useful)

Set Details
========

The HP and Defense EVs allows Togekiss to live a Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross' survive an Iron Head from Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross. With the Sitrus Berry, it is also only 4HKOed with Rock Slide from Landorus-(hyphen)T. The Speed EVs allows Togekiss to outrun Rotom-Wash outside of Tailwind and outrun Adamant Choice Scarf Landoge (Lando is a cat more than a doge IMO ;)) with the Landorus-T under Tailwind.
A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed for Trick Room works. A Calm nature can be use to sponge special attacks. If you're running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability, (AC) while Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.

Usage Tips
========

Spam Follow Me until A) when you don't need the redirection support B) you need to use Speed Control/Roost C) Togekiss dies Togekiss should spam Follow Me until its partner no longer needs redirection support or

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from speed control and redirection support, such as Mega Kangaskhan and especially Pokemon who those that are weak to Fighting-(hyphen) and or Dragon-(hyphen)types, such as Mega Kangaskhan, are great partners for Togekiss. Pokemon who that spam Earthquake, such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and Landorus-T, (AC) are great partners too such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, or Landorus-T. Frail Pokemon like Breloom are great partners as well. Pokemon who that benefits from redirection support are fantastic partners for Togekiss. One Examples are is Trick Room setters, like such as Cresselia and Jellicent, and frail Pokemon such as Breloom. Set-(remove hyphen)up Pokemon attackers, in general, are great partners too. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence,; (comma -> semicolon) the latter is a great partner due to Togekiss's immunityies to Dragon and Ground (which allows Salamence to use Earthquake freely). (IMO a comma would be fine before "which" rather than a bracket)

Other Options
########

A fun Choice Specs set can be used with the moveset of Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere can be used. Togekiss also has a myriad of support moves to choose from like such as Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Two other viable attacking moves are available to Togekiss too: Fire Blast and Aura Sphere. (these offensive options have already been alluded to) Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry are alternate item choices,; (comma -> semicolon) the former can protect Togekiss from status while the latter two can mitigate Togekiss's weaknesses. Mental Herb is another choice if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are the Safety Goggles and Leftovers, which can be used if item clause limits you from using Sitrus Berry/ or Rocky Helmet. Another option really fun set is a Choice Scarf set that capitalizes on Air Slash's flinch chance, but it isn't that great due to Togekiss's lack of a strong Fairy-type STAB move. (which honestly isn't that great due to Togekiss' lack of a strong Fairy STAB but Scarf Air Slash flinches are hilarious).

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-(hyphen)types**: Steel-(hyphen)types generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss, (AC) since as they are able to do massive damage to it. Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP since its physical Defense stat is lower than its Special Defense. Mega Mawile is also able to underspeed outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room, (AC) while the other two Mega Metagross and Mega Mawile can outrun Togekiss without speed control. Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well, (AC) since as both of them can easily set up a Substitute if they're running it. They can also tank both of Togekiss's STAB moves really easily.
(empty line)
**Electric-(hyphen)types**: They Electric-types are able to hit Togekiss for super effectively damage, (AC) which can allow them to easily whittle it down. Common Electric-(add hyphen)types like such as Rotom Wash/Heat, Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk off out of Togekiss's HP even with minimal investment,; (comma ->semicolon) the latter Thundurus (Toge was the last mon mention before latter) can also Taunt Togekiss. Not to mention Additionally, they're immune to Thunder Wave as well as and resist what is arguably Togekiss's best STAB, (RC) move(emdash)— Air Slash.
(empty line)
**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon like such as Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts., (full stop/period -> comma) though Togekiss can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides, (AC) though so you will need more power if you want to deal massive damage to it.
(empty line)
**Taunt Users**: Taunt completely shuts Togekiss down, making it rely on its weak STAB moves. Pokemon like such as Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge problems for Togekiss. Thundurus can hit Togekiss for super effectively damage with Thunderbolt, (AC) while Gengar can do the same with Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which actually nullifies nullify Follow Me.

GP 1/2

Some pointers for the amcheckers above (hopefully it'll help, though maybe take with a pinch of salt since I'm not the most experienced of checkers!):
Lucina09
My comments will be in this colour
Overview
########

Togekiss is a Pokemon that has access to the rare and extremely useful move, (AC) Follow Me. That combined with Togekiss's good bulk and well-rounded stats allows it to perform its role as a Follow Me supporting (lowercase) Pokemon really well.
Pretty good stuff here
However, its Fairy/Flying typing is pretty mediocre since because it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, (AC) and Iron Head, (AC) / and Flash Cannon.
Make sure there's space between the types and the slash (Fairy / Flying)
It isn't terrible though, considering Due to its typing, it has gained an immunity to Dragon-type attacks, immunity as well as resisting 4x resistance to Fighting-types attacks. Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf drawback, and Clefable, who which doesn't have a Rock or Electric weakness. Nonetheless, Togekiss is a great go-to Pokemon for redirection support.
"It has gained" kind of puts a focus on generational shifts, which analyses are discouraged from doing; just "it has" would suffice. "The Rage Powder nerf" was fine as it was IMO. There should be an "a" before "resistance to Fighting-type attacks" because otherwise it reads "...an immunity to Dragon-type attacks as well as resistance to Fighting-type attacks."
Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you Togekiss will be using the most often. (period) on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move, (AC) which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, (AC) while Dazzling Gleam is great for spread damage and is more chip deals more damage than Air Slash.
Good call adding the comma before while, as that makes it clear that while is being used to mean "whereas" as opposed to "during the time that".
Togekiss has two options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave, both of which are great forms of Speed (capitalize) control. (Hmm...idk but you could mention a little more in what Tailwind and Thunder Wave do to help Togekiss. Maybe paraflinch.)
I agree with your comment here.
Roost is for provides longevity, (AC) and instant mass recovery, (AC) and is a nice option over Speed (capitalize) control if you are using Togekiss with a Trick Room team. Protect here because this is Doubles. is used to help scout the foe's attack and allows its partner to set up.
The "s" in speed control can stay lower case because it's a term generally referring to speed rather than the Speed stat specifically. Also, this isn't too big a deal, but I think I'd personally go with "on a Trick Room team" rather than "with a Trick Room team, because I feel that it makes it sound more as if Togekiss is part of said team. Finally, in "Protect is used to scout the foe's attack and allows its partner to set up", "it" is somewhat ambiguous in that it could be referring to either Protect or Togekiss; I'd go with "allows Togekiss's" partner to set up" for clarity.

Set Details
========

The HP and Def Defense EVs The EVs invested in HP and Defense allows Togekiss to live survive an Iron Head from a Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross Meteor Mash. Iron Head (not sure if Mega Metagross runs Iron Head for VGC) With the Sitrus Berry, it is also 4HKOed with Rock Slide from Landorus-T. (add hyphen) The Speed EVs allows Togekiss to outrun Rotom-Wash Rotom-W out of Tailwind and outrun Adamant Scarf Landoge Landorus-T (assuming that's Lando-T) with the Tailwind.
In the first part about the EVs, the phrase "The HP and Defense EVs" would've been fine. At the end of that sentence, Metagross should be Metagross's to denote that Meteor Mash is Metagross's. Last sentence: as you correctly pointed out in the first sentence, "allow" should follow "EVs" rather than "allows" because Effort Values is a plural.
A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed EVs for is useful when running a Trick Room works. team. A Calm nature can be used to sponge special (lowercase) attacks. If you're Togekiss is running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability is preferred, over while Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.
Nice job here.

Usage Tips
========

Spam Follow Me until A) when you don't need the redirection support B) you need to use Speed Control/Roost C) Togekiss dies (A Pokemon doesn't die) It's necessary to keep using Follow Me to direct any attack onto Togekiss. You can also make use of Speed control and the move Roost for longitivtiy. This would help Togekiss in using Follow Me again when needed to before it faints. This can also help its partners in setting up, allowing them to sweep.
Again, Speed control needn't have a capital "S". Be careful of typos (longevity).

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from Speed control (lowercase) and redirection, such as Mega Kangaskhan, (AC) and especially Pokemon who are weak to Fighting- (add hyphen) and Dragon-types moves (add hyphen), are great partners for Togekiss.
Since Mega Kanga is weak to Fighting, I guess the sentence could be rephrased as something like "Pokemon that benefit from speed control and redirection, especially those that are weak to Fighting or Dragon, such as Mega Kangaskhan, are great partners for Togekiss."
Pokemon who that spam Earthquake such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and Landorus-T, are great partners too. (period) such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, or Landorus-T. Frail Pokemon like Breloom are great partners as well (might want to be a little more descriptive as to why Breloom is a good partner) . Pokemon who benefits from redirection support are fantastic partners for Togekiss. (I find this to be redundant cause you mentioned Mega Kangaskhan earlier about benefitting it. You could mention Mega Kanga in that sentence if you like or you can remove the sentence. If you do plan on putting Mega Kanga here, then reword the first sentence.)
I feel that "frail Pokemon such as Breloom" works better than "like Breloom" because Breloom is an example of a frail 'mon.
One example is Trick Room setters, like such as Cresselia and Jellicent, (AC) make excellent partners with redirection support. (I see what you mean that Cresselia and Jellicent benefit from it, but I would say that put that as one sentence. "Trick Room setters that benefit from redirection support such as Cresselia and Jellicent, are fantastic partners.) Sweepers that can set-up (lowercase) such as Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence make great partners. Pokemon, in general, are great partners too. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence, The latter is a great partner due to Togekiss' immunity to Dragon and Ground, (AC) (which allows Mega Salamence to use Earthquake freely.).
Setup sweepers doesn't need a hyphen. Also, even though I don't actually do this outside of analyses/GP because it's not usually the case in British English, the grammar standards say:
  • Always append 's to a noun when signifying a singular possessive (Latias's Soul Dew) or plural possessive that doesn't end in s (Lucario's Swords Dance), and simply a ' when signifying a plural possessive for a word that ends in s (All Latios' Draco Meteor).
So in this case, it'd be "Togekiss's". Moving on, I'd say it has immunities (one to Dragon and one to Ground) rather than an immunity. In the last set, I agree with your decision to turn the brackets into a comma.

Other Options
########

A fun Choice Specs set can be used with the moveset of Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere. Togekiss also has a myriad of support moves to choose from like such as Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Two other viable attacking moves are available to Togekiss too: Fire Blast and Aura Sphere. (this part wasn't needed because it was mentioned being as a Choice Specs set)
Good stuff.
Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry are alternate item choices, the latter two can mitigate Togekiss' weakness.
The comma before "the latter two" ought to be a semicolon to connect the two ideas.
Mental Herb is another choice if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are the Safety Goggles and Leftovers, which can be used if item clause limits you Togekiss from using Sitrus Berry and /Rocky Helmet. A really fun set is a A Choice Scarf set (which honestly isn't that great due to Togekiss' lack of a strong Fairy STAB but Choice Scarf Air Slash flinches are hilarious). Thanks to Choice Scarf, Togekiss can outspeed many threats, while Air Slash gets a boost from Serene Grace increasing its chances of flinching the foe.
In the last sentence here, I'd simply go with something like "with Choice Scarf". Also, "flinching" isn't a verb (instead it should read "increasing its chances of making the foe flinch"). Finally, the original text mentioned why the Scarf set wasn't that great; I'd keep that in (it's bottom of OO fare for a reason).

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types (add hyphen and lowercase "t") **: Steel-types (add hyphen) generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss since because they are able to do massive damage to it. Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss' HP since because its physical defense stat Defense is lower than its special Special Defense. Mega Mawile is also able to underspeed outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room, (AC) while the other two Bisharp and Mega Metagross can outrun Togekiss without Speed control. Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well since because both of them can easily set up a Substitute if they're running it. They can also tank both of Togekiss' STAB really easily.
Good choices made here; my only comments would be about speed control and Togekiss' STAB" -> "Togekiss's STAB moves".

**Electric-types (add hyphen and lowercase "t") **: Electric-types such as Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Zapdos, and Thundurus can deal significant damage on Togekiss with their STAB moves, easily wearing down Togekiss HP even with minimal investment. They are able to hit Togekiss super effectively which can allow them to easily whittle it down. Common Electric Types like Rotom Wash/Heat, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk off of Togekiss' HP even with minimal investment, the latter can also Taunt Toge. (I assumed that the "latter" is Thundurus. Just realized it means "Last thing mentioned" haha. But took the Taunt part out cause you mentioned it in the Taunt users section. Swapped The Electric-Type listings to the first sentence.)
They can either deal significant damage to Togekiss or inflict significant damage on it.
Not to mention they're immune to Thunder Wave, (AC) as well as resist arguably Togekiss' best STAB move, Air Slash.
Make sure to double-check edits; this reads "...resist arguably Togekiss' STAB move, Air Slash."
**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon like such as Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts will hit Togekiss hard, possibly flinching it as well. Togekiss can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides though so you will need more power if you want to deal massive damage to it.
Again, remember that "to flinch" shouldn't be used as a verb. In the last sentence, "so" could use a comma before it.

**Taunters Taunt Users**: Taunt users such as Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl completely shuts Togekiss down, making it shuts down Togekiss, forcing it to switch out, or rely on its weak STAB moves.
Good choice renaming the section Taunt Users.
Pokemon like Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge problems for Togekiss. Thundurus can hit Togekiss super effectively with Thunderbolt, (AC) while as Gengar can do the same with Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which actually nullifies Follow Me respectively.
"While" didn't require changing here; in this context it means "whereas". "As" would actually mean "because" here, so it's fine as it was.

macrarazy
My comments will be in this colour.
Overview
########​

Togekiss is a Pokemon that has access to the rare and extremely useful move Follow Me, (AC) a greatly useful move. That Combined with its Togekiss's good bulk and well-rounded stats, (AC) Follow Me allows it to perform its role as a Follow Me redirection supporting Pokemon really well. However, its Fairy / Flying (add space after "Fairy" and before "Flying") typing is pretty mediocre, (AC) and makes since it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, (AC) and Iron Head / and Flash Cannon. It isn't terrible though, considering Thanks to the Fairy typing, though, it has gained an Dragon immunity to Dragon-, and resistance to Fighting-type moves as well as resisting Fighting Types. Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf, and Clefable, who doesn't have a Rock- (added hyphen after "Rock") or Electric-type weakness. Nonetheless, Togekiss is a makes up for a great go-to redirection support Pokemon for redirection support.
Good work here, but there should be an "a" before "resistance to Fighting-type moves". Also, the last sentence reads "Togekiss makes up for a great..." (that "up" shouldn't be there.

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you will be using the most often on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, (AC) while whereas Dazzling Gleam is great for spreaded damage and is deals a bit more chip damage than Air Slash. Togekiss has two options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave, both of which are great forms of great moves for speed control. Roost, (AC) on the other hand, (AC) is for longevity and instant mass recovery, (AC) and is a nice option over speed control if you are using Togekiss with in a Trick Room team. Protect is here because this is Doubles to either scout or just provide a turn to set up in, (AC) or allow you to do both.
While didn't require changing to "whereas"; "while" meant the same thing as "whereas" in this context. "Spread damage" was fine as it was. Make sure to double-check edits because the next sentence reads "Tailwind and Thunder Wave both are great moves for speed control."

Set Details
========

The HP and Def EVs invested in HP and Defense allows Togekiss to live an Iron Head from Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross' Iron Head. With the Sitrus Berry, it is also 4HKOed escapes a 3HKO (replace with 2HKO if I'm wrong) with Rock Slide from Landorus-T's Rock Slide. (replaced the space in between "Landorus" and "T" with a hyphen) The speed EVs invested in Speed allows Togekiss to outrun outspeed Rotom-Wash without of Tailwind and outrun outspeed Adamant Scarf Landoge Landorus-T with the during Tailwind.

A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed EVs on Togekiss for are preferred in a Trick Room team works. A Calm nature can be use to sponge special attacks. If you're Togekiss is running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability preferred while wheras Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.
First sentence: Good stuff, but just correcting "Def" to "Defense" would've been fine rather than the adding of "invested in HP and Defense"; that's what is known as a "lateral change", an alteration that doesn't make the sentence better or worse, just different. Same with the last sentence where you've changed "outrun" to "outspeed".

Usage Tips
========

Spam Follow Me until A) when you don't need the redirection support B) you need to use Speed Control/Roost C) Togekiss dies It is recommended to keep on using Follow Me for redirecting attacks onto Togekiss. However, whenever you need speed control or recovery, it is better to use the move for that role. Follow Me is generally spammed till Togekiss faints, providing its partner enough time to set up and sweep.
Not entirely sure about "redirecting attacks onto". In the last sentence, "until" > "till".

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from speed control and redirection, such as Mega Kangaskhan, (AC) and especially Pokemon who are weak to Fighting- (added hyphen after "Fighting") and Dragon-types (replaced the space between "Dragon" and "types" with a hyphen) moves, (RC) are great partners for Togekiss. Pokemon who spam Earthquake, (AC) are great partners too such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, or and Landorus-T are great partners as well.
Both instances of "who" should be changed to "that", because Pokémon aren't people.
Frail Pokemon like Breloom are great partners as well also benefit from the redirection support from Togekiss. Pokemon who benefits from redirection support are fantastic partners for Togekiss.

"Frail Pokemon like Breloom" means "Frail Pokemon similar to Breloom"; "such as" would work better here IMO because Breloom is an example given.
One Other benefiters example is are Trick Room setters, (RC) like Cresselia and Jellicent. Set-up Pokemon sweepers, (RC) in general, (RC) are great partners too, (AC) as Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence which enjoys Togekiss's immunity to Dragon- and Ground-type moves. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence, the latter is a great partner due to Togekiss' immunity to Dragon and Ground (which allows Mence to use Earthquake freely).
I'd be inclined to go with something along the lines of "Other Pokemon that benefit from..." as opposed to "Other benefiters". Again, "such as" would work better than "like" for examples. There should be a comma between "Mega Salamence" and "which". Finally, Togekiss has an immunity to Dragon and an immunity to Ground, so it has immunities rather than an immunity, IMO.

Other Options
########

A fun Choice Specs set can be used with the moveset of Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere. Togekiss also has a myriad lot of support moves to choose from like Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Two other viable attacking moves are available to Togekiss also has access too: Fire Blast and Aura Sphere, (AC) which lets it target more Pokemon. Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry (completely spell item names) are alternate item choices,; (replaced the comma with a semi-colon) the latter two can mitigate mitigating Togekiss' weakness.
"Can mitigate" was fine. They mitigate two different weaknesses rather than just its single weakness.
Mental Herb is another choice option if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are the Safety Goggles, (AC) and Leftovers, (RC) which can be used if item clause limits you from using Sitrus/ Sitrus Berry or Rocky Helmet. A really fun set is a Choice Scarf set (which honestly isn't that great due to Togekiss' lack of a strong Fairy STAB but Scarf Air Slash flinches are hilarious) A Choice Scarf variant can also be used with the ability Serene Grace to get annoying flinches on the opposing team thanks to Air Slash's boosted chance to flinch.
Safety Goggles doesn't require a comma after it. The comma after Leftovers was fine.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types** (replaced space in between "Steel" and "types" with a hyphen): Steel-types (replaced space in between "Steel" and "types" with a hyphen) generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss since they are able to do massive severe damage to it. Pokemon like Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP, (AC) as since its physical defense stat is lower than its special is weak to physical attacks.
"Such as" would be preferable to "like" here.
Mega Mawile is also able to underspeed outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room while the other two Mega Metagross and Bisharp can outrun outspeed Toge without speed control. Both of Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well since both of them can easily set up a Substitute, (AC) if they're running it. They can also and also tank both of Togekiss's STABs really easily.
"Of" doesn't need to be after "both" in the bit about Heatran and Aegislash. No comma need after "Substitute", plus "STAB moves" > "STABs" (Same-type attack bonus moves vs same-type attack bonuses)
**Electric-types (replaced space in between "Steel" and "types" with a hyphen)**: They Electric-types are able to hit Togekiss super effectively with their STAB, (AC) which can allowing them to easily whittle it Togekiss down. Common Electric-types (replaced space in between "Electric" and "types" with a hyphen) like Rotom-Wash (replaced space in between "Rotom" and "W" with a hyphen), (AC) Rotom-Heat, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk off of damage Togekiss' HP considerably even with minimal investment,; (replaced the comma with a semi-colon) the latter can also able to Taunt Togekiss.
Again,"such as" > "like" in instances like this and "STAB moves" > "STAB". Also, the last part of the section reads "...even with minimal investment; the latter also able to Taunt Togekiss." Good choice replacing the comma with the semicolon, but there should be "is" after "the latter" for it to work ("the latter is able to Taunt Togekiss.")
Not to mention they're Electric-types are also immune to Thunder Wave, (AC) as well as resisting Air Slash, (AC) arguably a powerful STAB of Togekiss' (removed apostrophe) best STAB, Air Slash.
"Electric-types are also immune to Thunder Wave, resisting Air Slash, a powerful STAB of Togekiss." IMO it should read something like "Electric-types are also immune to Thunder Wave and resist Air Slash, a powerful STAB move of Togekiss's."

**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon like Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts severely damages. (removed period) Togekiss, (AC) with a possibility to flinch it as well can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides though so you will need more power if you want to deal massive damage to it.
"Like" vs "such as" here again. "To flinch" shouldn't be used as a verb; instead we can just say "with a possibility to make it flinch" or something.

**Taunters**: Taunt completely shuts Togekiss down, making it rely on its weak STAB moves. Pokemon like Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge cause problems for Togekiss by outspeeding, (AC) and then proceeding to Taunt it. Apart from that, Thundurus can also hit Togekiss super effectively with Thunderbolt, (AC) and while Gengar can do the same with by using Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which actually negate and nullifies nullify Follow Me, (AC) respectively.
My comments here would be: change the section's name from "Taunter" to "Taunt Users", no need for a comma after "by outspeeding" and "while" doesn't really need changing to "and".

Good effort from both of you; keep it up! :)

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
DaAwesomeDude1

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########

Togekiss is a Pokemon that has access to the rare and extremely useful move Follow Me, and this which combined with its good bulk and well-rounded stats allows it to perform its role as a redirection support Pokemon really well. However, its Fairy / Flying typing is pretty mediocre, as it is weak to the ever-so-common Rock Slide as well as Thunderbolt, Iron Head, and Flash Cannon. It isn't terrible though, considering it has a Dragon immunity as well as resisting Fighting-type attacks, but Togekiss faces competition with Amoonguss, even after the Rage Powder nerf, and Clefable, which doesn't have weaknesses to Rock or Electric.

Follow Me Support
########

Moves
========

Follow Me is the main support move that you will be using the most often on Togekiss. Togekiss frequently runs only one attacking move, which is usually going to be either Air Slash or Dazzling Gleam. Air Slash, combined with Serene Grace, is great for netting flinches, while Dazzling Gleam is great for spread damage and inflicts more chip damage than Air Slash. Togekiss has two great options for speed control: Tailwind and Thunder Wave. Tailwind is a good option because it gives a blanket boost to your team as well as allowing your team to possibly outspeed Ground-types such as Choice Scarf Landorus-T, while Thunder Wave is a more permanent form of speed control since because it doesn't end, unlike Tailwind. Roost is for longevity and instant recovery and is a nice option over speed control if you are using Togekiss on a Trick Room team. Protect is here since as it can provide protection for a turn should your opponent choose to double target Togekiss.

Set Details
========

The HP and Defense EVs allow Togekiss to survive an Iron Head from Life Orb Bisharp and Jolly Mega Metagross. With Sitrus Berry, it is also only 4HKOed with by Rock Slide from Landorus-T. The Speed EVs allow Togekiss to outrun Rotom-W outside of Tailwind and Adamant Choice Scarf Landorus-T under Tailwind. A Relaxed or Bold nature with 0 Speed EVs for Trick Room works. A Calm nature can be use to sponge special attacks. If you're running Air Slash, Serene Grace is the best ability, while Dazzling Gleam is best paired with Super Luck.

Usage Tips
========

Togekiss should spam Follow Me until its partner no longer needs redirection support or Togekiss faints. this section needs to be heavily beefed up.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that benefit from speed control and redirection support, especially those that are weak to Fighting- or Dragon-types, such as Mega Kangaskhan, are great partners for Togekiss. Pokemon that spam Earthquake, (spacing) such as Mamoswine, Excadrill, and Landorus-T, are great partners too. Pokemon that benefit from redirection support are fantastic partners for Togekiss. Examples of Pokemon benefiting from redirection support are Trick Room setters, such as Cresselia and Jellicent, and frail Pokemon such as Breloom. Setup attackers, in general, are great partners too. Examples are Mega Gyarados, Mega Tyranitar, and Mega Salamence; the latter is a great partner due to Togekiss's immunities to Dragon and Ground, which allows Salamence to use Earthquake freely.

Other Options
########

A Choice Specs set with Dazzling Gleam, Air Slash, Fire Blast, and Aura Sphere can be used. Togekiss also has a myriad of support moves to choose from such as Reflect, Light Screen, and Safeguard. Lum Berry, Wacan Berry, and Babiri Berry are alternate item choices; the former can protect Togekiss from status while the latter two can mitigate Togekiss's weaknesses. Mental Herb is another choice if you're afraid of Taunt. Other alternate item choices are Safety Goggles and Leftovers, which can be used if item clause limits you Togekiss from using Sitrus Berry or Rocky Helmet. Another option is a Choice Scarf set that capitalizes on Air Slash's flinch chance, but it isn't that great due to Togekiss's lack of a strong Fairy-type STAB move.

Checks & Counters
########

**Steel-types**: Steel-types generally cause a lot of problems for Togekiss, as they are able to do massive damage to it. Mega Metagross, Mega Mawile, and Bisharp can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP since because its Defense stat is lower than its Special Defense. Mega Mawile is also able to outspeed Togekiss under Trick Room while Mega Metagross and Bisharp can outrun Togekiss without speed control. Heatran and Aegislash are both problems as well, as both of them can easily set up a Substitute if they're running it. They can also tank both of Togekiss's STAB moves really easily.

**Electric-types**: Electric-types are able to hit Togekiss for super effective damage, which can allow them to easily whittle it down. Common Electric-types Rotom-W, Rotom-H, Zapdos, and Thundurus can take a chunk out of Togekiss's HP even with minimal investment; Thundurus can also Taunt Togekiss. Additionally, they're immune to Thunder Wave and resist what is arguably Togekiss's best STAB move—Air Slash.

**Rock Slide**: STAB Rock Slide from Pokemon such as Terrakion and Tyranitar hurts, though Togekiss can tank some of the weaker Rock Slides, so you will need more power if you want to deal massive damage to it.

**Taunt Users**: Taunt completely shuts Togekiss down, making it rely on its weak STAB moves. Pokemon such as Thundurus, Gengar, and Aerodactyl are huge problems for Togekiss. Thundurus can hit Togekiss for super effective damage with Thunderbolt, while Gengar can do the same with Sludge Bomb. Aerodactyl has access to Rock Slide and Sky Drop, which nullify Follow Me.

2/2

Last edited:

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Usage Tips
========

Togekiss should spam Follow Me until its partner no longer needs redirection support or Togekiss faints. If your opponent has a Pokemon that uses spread moves, such as Mega Charizard Y or Tyranitar, it is better to just use an attacking move or status them if you choose to run Thunder Wave. Togekiss is pretty predictable, since as it mainly spams Follow Me, so it is likely that your opponent will double-target into Togekiss in anticipation of this it. In that case, it is a good idea to use Protect.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)