Volt Turn team; first thread

first i'd like to say hello smogon, ive been a lurker for almost three years, but never actually got around to joining the site. as most people, ive been playing with a lot of different things in order to see what works and what doesnt, different play styles, pokemon, sets, megas (gosh, i hate mega gengar, with a passion) and this is what ive found to work best so far: VoltTurn, an old concept reimagined. So far im in the low fifteen hundreds on the ladder, roughly 20-10 with the team.

The Stars

Genesect @ Choice Scarf

1. Ability: Download
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
    Hasty Nature
    - Bug Buzz (not sure if i should keep this, or switch to Giga Drain)
    - flamethrower
    - Ice Beam
    - U-turn
geneswag is an absolute monster, it's extremely easy to see why it was ubers last gen, and likely will return when the meta settles down. i often lead with this, and will u-turn to an appropriate check, usually espeon or lando-t. when genesexy comes back again, it will kill something. as with all choice items, always think before attacking, spamming ice beam while a jellicent is likely isnt smart.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Superpower
- U-turn

probably the best of the therian formes. orginally i used landorus incarnate with an expert belt, but the base 20 atk stat was really apealing. because base 91 speed, even with a timid natire will get out speed frequently, i choose to run the scarf set. intimidate is also an amazing abilty yo abuse on a volt-turn team

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 232 SDef / 28 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch
- Will-O-Wisp
- Pain Split

specially defensive rotom wash. not much to say, it's one if the best walls in the game, with amazing 107 base defenses, will-o-wisp is the best part of the set, stopping physical attackers in their tracks.

The Supporting Cast

Infernape @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Mach Punch
- Flare Blitz
- Thunder Punch

ahh infernape, who was once one of the best sweeper there was, is now a shadow of his former self. the fighting type is a dying breed, but base 72 priorty mach punch is still scary, boosted even further by life orb. thunder punch was choosen for its small iron fist boost, and the lack of thunderbolt on genesect, leaving rotom's volt switch as my only electric attack though im considering replacing it for stone edge

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Baton Pass
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Psychic

can you say troll? my favourite move is u turning genesect vs a smeargle or ferrothorn, and having their move bounced back. espeon is the reason i dont have a spinner, batton pass is for escaping pursuit. dual shields make sure non super effective moves dont outright rape my team probably the most replaceable member, however, his replacement canidates, starmie and forretress, dont suit the team type-wise, and forretress is a huge momentum killer.

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
Hasty Nature
- Dark Pulse
- Hydro Pump
- U-turn
- water shurikan

can you say speed? this frog ninja is extremely fast, outspeeding just about anything that isnt scarfed, im having a bad case 4MSS, the obvious removal is water shurican, but it helps take down weakened talon flame, but will likely change to ice beam eventually. ( i hate the fact that greninja looks really awkward in the intro)

importable :

Genesect @ Choice Scarf

1. Ability: Download
    Hasty Nature
    - Bug Buzz
    - Thunderbolt
    - Ice Beam
    - U-turn

Espeon @ Light Clay
    Ability: Magic Bounce
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SDef
    Timid Nature
    - Baton Pass
    - Reflect
    - Light Screen
    - Psychic

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Intimidate
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 Def
    Jolly Nature
    - Earthquake
    - Stone Edge
    - Superpower
    - U-turn

Rotom-Wash @ Leftovers
    Ability: Levitate
    EVs: 248 HP / 232 SDef / 28 SAtk
    Calm Nature
    - Hydro Pump
    - Volt Switch
    - Will-O-Wisp
    - Pain Split

Infernape @ Life Orb
    Ability: Iron Fist
    EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
    Jolly Nature
    - U-turn
    - Mach Punch
    - Flare Blitz
    - Thunder Punch

Greninja @ Life Orb
    Ability: Protean
    Hasty Nature
    - Dark Pulse
    - Hydro Pump
    - U-turn
    - water shurikan

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)