What do you think a specific Pokemon's personality is?

How do you think certain pokemon would be like to live with? I'll give a few:

Slowpoke would probably be like a dog with really slow reactions. Pretty happy but somewhat lacking in the personality side of things.

Scrafty would probably be like Huey from the Boondocks. Also probably would do a lot of chores too. And be a bit less cynical.

Lopunny would probably be horny and tomboyish and like to fight a lot, I think.

Nidoking would probably just be real quiet and not really do much except sit around. Probably not too social. Nidoqueen, on the other hand, would probably be a total mom. Just an absolute sweetie.

Are there any more you want to share?

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
This is a perfect opportunity for me to mention a few particular mons that I've wanted to talk about for a while now.

Let's get the obvious ones out of the way first.

:dp/gardevoir: :dp/lopunny:

Extremely hot take here, but I actually think the stigma these kinds of Pokémon give off from their design present a false image of what it would be like to live with them. It doesn't take a Professor Oak to figure out what that was referring to, but if we can all just look past design for a second, these two would be awesome to live with. Gardevoir might even be a little too good of a bodyguard, for example, because it's known to able to create small black holes using its psychic abilities. As for Lopunny, I could imagine this being a really fun Pokémon to go outside and play sports against or something. Gee, it's crazy what all can change if we stop being creeps for five seconds.

Now that that's out of the way, let's move onto some actually realistic examples.

Wooper and/or Mudkip: People like axolotls as pets for some reason. These two are axolotls. Personally, I'm more of a turtle kind of guy myself, but I can see the appeal of wanting to have one of these as a house pet.

:dp/wooper: :dp/mudkip:

Kangaskhan: Okay, honestly this Pokémon's only on my list because I like to imagine it as the Pokémon equivalent of your resident shopping mall Karen who wants to speak to the manager.

:dp/kangaskhan:

Rotom: I like to picture this mischievous little brat as the reason your power keeps going out at the worst possible times. And that's not even the worst part. Trying to do your laundry? Say hello to Wash Rotom running away with all of your folded jeans before school starts. Baking a birthday cake in the oven for your kid? Hope you enjoy some freshly made Heat Rotom frosting. Need I say more? I can do this for every form, too.

:dp/rotom:

Last edited:

bdt2002

Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs superfan
is a Pre-Contributor
Spr 5b 500.png

I like to imagine that Emboar is actually a total sweetheart outside of battle who would be great to have as a pet. He would just sit around, eat berries, be beautiful, and occasionally go out into the woods and punch a bunch of things.

Yes, he was my childhood starter. How could you tell?
Personally I picture Emboar and the other two starter Pokémon as part of the natural leader archetype, although this might be a result of their role in PokéPark 2, which was one of my most enjoyed spinoffs out there. That being said, outside of a situation where it would need to be in charge, what does it do?

I'll tell you what it does. It becomes a precious gem. :)

Personally I picture Emboar and the other two starter Pokémon as part of the natural leader archetype, although this might be a result of their role in PokéPark 2, which was one of my most enjoyed spinoffs out there. That being said, outside of a situation where it would need to be in charge, what does it do?

I'll tell you what it does. It becomes a precious gem. :)
Blastoise would also probably be a cool starter. Just a cool gamer dude.

Vileplume would probably just chill out and do his own thing like a little kid. Just play around on his own. I don't see much intelligence behind those eyes. Gloom would probably be like an emo kid though.

Spr 5b 500.png

I like to imagine that Emboar is actually a total sweetheart outside of battle who would be great to have as a pet. He would just sit around, eat berries, be beautiful, and occasionally go out into the woods and punch a bunch of things.

Yes, he was my childhood starter. How could you tell?
"It can throw a fire punch by setting its fists on fire with its fiery chin. It cares deeply about its friends." -Pokemon Black Pokedex entry

Emboar doesn't get the love it deserves. Easily the best Fire/Fighting starter

Ok time to simp for Dragonite again

:bw/Dragonite:

Dragonite has always been described as a kindhearted, caring Pokemon that rescues drowning people, and that's one of the main reasons I love it. He's a powerful dragon, but out of the goodness of his heart, he spends most of his time helping people. He also feels kinda like a Lugia situation as well. A lot of the dex entries mention it hanging around water, like a lot of the time. But the Flying typing still fits better than Lugia's Psychic typing and makes sense, I just thought that was interesting.

I actually have thought out personalities for each of the Pokemon on my trainer card signature, I might go over those cause most of theirs fit with how the Pokemon are designed.

But one more

:sm/Drampa:

Drampa will burn your fucking house down if you bully his friend. And that's cool, I hate bullies. It's like a more extreme version of Dragonite helping out people.

Last edited:

Samtendo09

Ability: Light Power
is a Pre-Contributor
I’d refer them as “common personality / instinctive trait” than an actual personality since there’s more than one individual per species, barring Legendary + Mythical Pokémon.

:ss/hatenna: :ss/hattrem: :ss/hatterene:
It’s already a well known fact that the Hatenna line dislike sensing intense emotion. I imagine them attacking people and Pokémon with strong positive emotions and reactions except relief and calmness (happiness, tears of joy, any type of love, excitement, admirement) than negative ones. That is not necessarily because they hated the positive ones more, but because it is easier for them to murder or at least violently hurt their victims by surprise and shows a sociopathically lack of loyalty toward anyone but themselves. It’s also to contrast the Impidimp line’s penchant on feeding negative emotions like, you know, internet trolls.

:ss/volbeat: :ss/illumise:
One’s a rebellious simpleton who likes to hang with their chums, and the other’s a carefree scrapper who tend to work alone unless impressed.

:ss/zangoose: :ss/seviper:
We know a lot about their hateful, deathly rivalry. But while Zangoose is more straightforward to the point of being a tactless and reckless warmongerer, Seviper tend to be calculating but needlessly complex, and turn tail as soon as things doesn’t go on their way.

:ss/plusle:
A cheerleader who, despite doing a much better job at teamwork than a Minun, is hopelessly unskilled in actual fight to the point it will run away if targeted, at the expense of their allies. Minun, on the other hand…

:ss/minun:
Despite their cute exterieur and a Doubles-oriented moveset, it can and will single-handedly knock out a Gyarados and the likes with one Thunderbolt once it really needs to get their hands dirty. Whether or not it‘s a happy Minun or a gloomy one, you don’t wanna mess with one.
It’s a reference to Aquatic managing to sweep Siebold’s entire team with a Minun after setting up a Nasty Plot.

I’d refer them as “common personality / instinctive trait” than an actual personality since there’s more than one individual per species, barring Legendary + Mythical Pokémon.

:ss/hatenna: :ss/hattrem: :ss/hatterene:
It’s already a well known fact that the Hatenna line dislike sensing intense emotion. I imagine them attacking people and Pokémon with strong positive emotions and reactions except relief and calmness (happiness, tears of joy, any type of love, excitement, admirement) than negative ones. That is not necessarily because they hated the positive ones more, but because it is easier for them to murder or at least violently hurt their victims by surprise and shows a sociopathically lack of loyalty toward anyone but themselves. It’s also to contrast the Impidimp line’s penchant on feeding negative emotions like, you know, internet trolls.

:ss/volbeat: :ss/illumise:
One’s a rebellious simpleton who likes to hang with their chums, and the other’s a carefree scrapper who tend to work alone unless impressed.

:ss/zangoose: :ss/seviper:
We know a lot about their hateful, deathly rivalry. But while Zangoose is more straightforward to the point of being a tactless and reckless warmongerer, Seviper tend to be calculating but needlessly complex, and turn tail as soon as things doesn’t go on their way.

:ss/plusle:
A cheerleader who, despite doing a much better job at teamwork than a Minun, is hopelessly unskilled in actual fight to the point it will run away if targeted, at the expense of their allies. Minun, on the other hand…

:ss/minun:
Despite their cute exterieur and a Doubles-oriented moveset, it can and will single-handedly knock out a Gyarados and the likes with one Thunderbolt once it really needs to get their hands dirty. Whether or not it‘s a happy Minun or a gloomy one, you don’t wanna mess with one.
It’s a reference to Aquatic managing to sweep Siebold’s entire team with a Minun after setting up a Nasty Plot.
The common personality is actually a pretty good point.

Anyways, I have another:

Paras.png

Paras is pretty shy. Half where it lives and half its type. It doesn't have a lot of nerve and probably won't fight anything when you first catch the thing. You really have to prove that you are trustworthy, but once you do, it'll run around and play and be cool with you.

parasect.png

Parasect enjoys the finer things: Moist soil, nutritious corpses to break down, protection from harsh sunlight and cool environments. Quite the gentleman, no?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)