What happened to the VGC room?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It looks like one big clique now, no one can speak unless they're voiced

What's the point of having a room listed on Showdown if the majority of people can't even speak?

Skalaylee

I dont even realize everyone in my sig is being sarcastic
Yeah mod chat is on. Mod chat makes it so only a certain rank and higher can chat. It's used to reduce lag, put a end to silliness in the chat and if PS is under attack. Most the time it is only on for about 5-10 minutes.

Yeah mod chat is on. Mod chat makes it so only a certain rank and higher can chat. It's used to reduce lag, put a end to silliness in the chat and if PS is under attack. Most the time it is only on for about 5-10 minutes.
I don't know man, it's been on for about an entire week straight now

scene

Banned deucer.
Voice is given upon request there, by the way. It's mostly Nugget Bridge guys there - that's just how the room is being run at the moment.

Skalaylee

Voice is given upon request there, by the way. It's mostly Nugget Bridge guys there - that's just how the room is being run at the moment.
They have had voice chat on for a week they are saying it's because of spam and poor users. In my opinion that is no reason to have it on for a week

First I ask to get voiced, then I'm voiced, then I'm unvoiced while I'm afk, then I get voiced again after asking then I get unvoiced like 30 seconds later, ask why and try to get voiced again, then one of the owners bans me.

If the VGC room is going to end up like this, then it shouldn't be a room on Showdown.

There's no use in having a public room if you're going to ban everyone who tries to come in.

EDIT: lol then I get banned on NB forums for asking why I got banned

Last edited:

Skalaylee

This room was often constantly filled with troublesome users disrupting the chat/spamming and they lack moderators to cover all hours. So they leave modchat + on and whitelist users because bans do not hold over restart. From a leader v4. Nothing is going to change just stay out of that room i know im not going back

Skalaylee

i have been told you are one of the spammers who have been evading. This thread is over!

V4Victini

再起不能
is a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Top Researcher Alumnus
Being devoiced in that room is the same as being roombanned (except its more like roomlocked) and is used as a substitute to persist over restarts. If you were devoiced then they were simply banning you. Unfortunately, because they also give voice upon request you were being "unbanned" just by asking. So when those who did devoice you caught you on and voiced again, they redid the deed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)