When They Cry

When They Cry (OU Rain Stall)

Introduction

So basically here I wanted to take the idea of rain stall and make a team based around that. I've been practicing on PO and made changes accordingly to weakness', problems, etc. Also, if you didn't know When They Cry is an anime and thought since its a rain stall team I thought the name would be appropriate and I hope you guys you think so too :P.

Team Building Process​

So obviously I wanted to have a rain team so what other pokemon should I have other than Politoed and to accompany him I chose a grass and electric resister, Ferrothorn.

So now I have Politoeds weakness covered along with Ferrothorns weakness covered by Rain and Politoeds water typing so a fighting resist in the OU metagame never hurts. So, I decided to pick a great physical tank, Weezing, to go with my team.

Okay so now basically everything is covered and I have a good 3 Pokemon base and need to decide my 4th which at this point, can be basically anything. Now I decided on having a Zapdos. It has a great defensive typing and having resistances that can be easily covered.

So now that we have a 4 solid Pokemon I figured we should just a wish passer due to Politoed and Ferrothorn not having instant recovery. So with that in mind I picked blissey being able to use Heal Bell (Not Aromoatheropy D:) and Wish clearing the team of status and gains a GREAT amount of HP to any other pokemon, especially Ferrothorn and Politoed.

Okay, now I figured that Toxic Spikes and Roar on a stall team would be invaluable to my team so with that I decided to pick an NU Pokemon that carried it, Nidoqueen.

Now that I have 6 Pokemon that I figured some more testing would never hurt and I found that Nidoking is much better offensively and has access to many of the same moves with the decent bulk it has.

Now at this point the team is solid but to me the whole toxic spike roar thing wasn't as good as it seemed seeing how Nidoking and Nidoqueen aren't the fasted Pokemon out there. So now I figured that Scizor, even though x4 weak to fire like Ferrothorn, would work out well with decent bulk and great attack

So now the team is done with only 7 weakness (in typing not total), resisting most everything twice and three immunity's .

The Team

Politoed @ Leftovers
Ability: Drizzle
EVs: 252 HP / 54 Def / 204 SpD
Nature: Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
- Scald
- Rest
- Toxic
- Encore
Okay. Politoed is mainly for setting up rain and not much else but assuming its on a special attacker such as Chandelure, whose only move against it is Energy ball, which still won't do much, it can set up toxic or put it to sleep, which on a fast attacker such as scarf Chandelure it can be quite useful. Now it is basically a triple status Politoed with Scald for potential burns, Toxic for poison and encore is for locking non-choiced users into moves. Now as I said above Politoed doesn't have instant recovery making rest its best source of recovery other than Blissey's wish.

Possible Changes: Well the main thing I can think of is changing Hypnosis up for something like Ice Beam or Focus Blast but at this point there is nothing else I can think to put in any other slot.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Steel Thorn
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Def / 112 SpD
Nature: Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Leech Seed
- Stealth Rock
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip
Now we have Ferrothorn. In the rain fire is so much less threatening to it seeing how we have Politoed to resist plus the rain and it can most likely take a fire hit by itself in the rain. Leech seed is obvious seeing how its his only form of recovery making in invaluable to it. Stealth Rock for the fact it gets damage on everything that switches in and on a team with almost all defensive Pokemon that is as well, invaluable. Finally Gyro Ball and Power Whip giving it something to hit with.

Possible Changes: At this point, I really don't know. I think the set is good the way it is and the only thing I would change is adding protect which really isn't that necessary.

Weezing @ Black Sludge
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Nature: Bold
- Will-O-Wisp
- Thunderbolt
- Flamethrower
- Pain Split
Up next is Weezing. A great physical wall he is. Will-O-Wisp allows him to take physical attacks with ease even if it is super ultra psychic physical attack. Thunderbolt and Flamethrower just allow coverage. Even though flamethrower is weakened by the rain it is still viable to x4 weak Pokemon as thunderbolt is mainly for water types. Pain split is one if its only sources of recover and the always reliable so Blissey's so valuable wish is again, invaluable.

Possible Changes: Really the main change is the EVs, instead of having 252 EVs in defense change it up to 252 is SpD and make the nature Calm. Also if I need to I can make Flamethrower Fire Blast.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP / 228 Def / 32 Spe
- Thunder
- Roar
- Roost
- Hidden Power Grass
Here is Zapdos, one of my many physical walls. Thunder is used over Thunderbolt for the fact I have Toxic over Thunder Wave so the 30% Paralysis chance is nice and its in rain so it will be 100% accurate. Roar is used to pass around status and gain health in general and roost is to help. Finally HP Grass is used for for ground types which otherwise will force a switch on Zapdos

Possible Changes: Again the main thing would be changing the EVs into SpD over Defense. Also maybe having Heat Wave over HP Grass but nothing else I can see.

Blissey @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic
Here we go, the oh so invaluable Blissey! As I've said so many times its Heal Bell and Wish is so invaluable for the fact a lot of the my Pokemon don't have instant recovery and Heal Bell to get rid of status which can cripple a stall team. Of course Blissey's Attack stats are not its most stellar stat so a fixed damage of 100 on it is rather good. Finally toxic just to slowly kill Pokemon, rather simple.

Possible Changes: Maybe change it to Chansey with Eviolite but i'm not sure with the whole Heal Bell Wish thing with Chansey, so I guess we'll see.

Scizor @ Leftovers
Ability: Technician
EVs: 168 HP / 144 Atk / 196 SpD
Nature: Adamant
- Bullet Punch
- Roost
- Superpower
- U-Turn
Finally, after 2 or so hours of pure typing and copying pictures for this Rate My Team is my last Pokemon. THANK GOD. So last but not least we have Scizor! At last we have a Pokemon that is meant to deal out hits and it has instant recovery in the form if roost. Bullet Punch, a great priority STAB for Scizor is meant for attacking potential sweepers or actual sweeps and Superpower another great move for hitting walls such as Blissey or Porygon2

Possible Changes: Well really for this guy the only thing i'm considering is putting Brick Break on over Superpower.

Conclusion​

Well this was a fun team to make and test. Its 1 AM and I have to get up at 8 tomorrow so I should get to bed so i'll make this quick. Please leave some suggestions and help improve the team. Bye!

Threat List:

Offensive
Aerodactyl - Weezing can take Stone Edges and Earthquakes if not Nattorei can and Scizor can kill
Archeops - Again Weezing or Nattorei can Handle it and Scizor can kill it
Azelf - Physical Variants can normally be handled by Nattorei and special Politoed
Bisharp -
Breloom - Weezing takes hits from it all day
Chandelure - Politoed can handle its hits and can deal good damage
Cobalion - Weezing again can take hits for ever
Conkeldurr - Weezing some more
Darmanitan - How would of expected Weezing than kill it off with Politoed while its locked into Some other move
Deoxys-S - Mixed sets can be trouble but normally once its lowered its SpA/Atk Weezing or Nattorei can handle it or Scizor can Bullet Punch and hope it kills
Dragonite - Most physical sets can be handled by Nattorei or Scizor
Druddigon -
Eelektross - Scizor can take it out usually
Electivire -
Emboar -
Empoleon -
Espeon - Nattorei or Scizor handles it
Escavalier -
Excadrill - Usually i'll go in on Weezing and Will-O-Wisp it and than take it out from there
Garchomp - Weezing, Nattorei and Scizor can take its hits
Genesect -
Gengar - Blissey Walls it
Golurk - Weezing handles it nicely
Gyarados - Nattorei walls it
Haxorus - Nattorei and Scizor can take its hits well
Heatran - Politoed walls it well especially with the rain
Heracross - Weezing and Scizor handle it nicely
Hydreigon - If it locks itself into a move anything can come in on it according to the move
Infernape - Mixed variants can be trouble but Physical variants Weezing can handle
Jirachi - Blissey for special and Nattorei/Weezing for physical
Jolteon -
Keldeo -
Kingdra - Walled by Nattorei
Krookodile - Weezing mostly
Kyurem -
Landorus - Weezing and Nattorei can handle it well
Latios - Blissey mainly and Nattorei if its locked into a move like Draco or Surf
Lilligant -
Lucario - Special Variants are the only ones I need to worry about and usually Politoed can handle it
Machamp - Most of the time Zapdos handles
Magnezone - Blissey walls its
Mamoswine - Weezing wall its
Meloetta-S -
Meloetta-V -
Metagross - Zapdos mainly and weezing also works
Mienshao - Zapdos and weezing can mostly wall it
Reuniclus - Scizor is the main option and can kill it off eventually ith U-Turn but recover stalls it out and if it CM's then it can be trouble
Roserade -
Salamence - Nattorei can normally take it and if its special i'll go to Politoed
Sawsbuck -
Scizor - My Scizor can take it well if not Weezing
Scrafty- Weezing can take its hits and Will-O-Wisp it
Seismitoad -
Serperior -
Shaymin -
Sigilyph -
Smeargle -
Starmie - Blissey takes all of its hits
Terakion - Weezing most of the time
Thundurus - Nattorei takes most of its hits if not i'll go to blissey
Togekiss - Blissey takes its moves and I can toxic it
Tornadus - Same with Thundurus
Tyranitar - Weezing can take its hits And Wisp it
Venusaur - Nattorei can take most of its hits
Victini - Politoed is the best option for special variants physical ones are difficult
Virizion - Blissey handles special ones and for some weird physical ones Weezing takes it
Volcarona - Politoed can take all of its hits
Weavile -
Zoroark -

Too many status inducers on my opinion, so changes could be made. These are my suggestions:

- Politoed: Encore > Hypnosis. Not only does it have more accuracy, but it can also cripple other leads who try to set up Stealth Rock or similar, and stay in. I see you have way too many status inducers on your team, so I think this would help you a lot. Think that Hypnosis doesn't hit always. Focus Blast > Rest is another option.

- Zapdos: Thunder > Discharge, as you have the rain active due to Politoed, ans it would have a 100% accuracy. Toxic... well, it's ok if you keep it, but I would try another move on that slot (again, in my opinion too many Toxics on this team...). Maybe Roar... Or the other option would be trannforming your more defensive Zapdos into a Choice Scarf oriented one. If this doesn't convince you, I wold suggest trying a Rotom-W. It can greatly benefit on this team (: This is the set I would suggest and that I use:

Rotom-W @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Sp.Atk / 8 Spd
Timid Nature (+ Spd, - Atk)

- Trick
- Hidden Power (Fire)
- Hydro Pump
- Thunder/Volt Switch

- Blissey: It's ok as it is, but I would consider Icebeam/Flamethrower > Toxic. But this is a minor change depending on your taste.

Now that I have time I will read this rmt more in depth and will edit this comment if I find someting interesting. By the way, I'm not so good on EV sets, so I would ask someone if they're good as they are ;D

Well, first off thanks for the advice about Zapdos but i'm not fond of offensive Zapdos. Also I always think toxics is good but i'll change it up to roar and run encore over hypnosis. Now i'm not sure of the idea of Specs Rotom Wash seeing that it doesn't the theme of the team but i'll try it and see how it works.

You could potentially put thunder on weezing as well but the parahax chance might get in the way of WoW.
I also suggest using banded or life orb on scizor as I am personally always disappointed with the power of bullet punch without the boost.

Flamethrower is useless on weezing in rain. With his already low SpA, and the -1 on fire moves, it wont even dent anything, save maybe a -SpD nature scizor with 0EV's and IV's... still probably survives :P

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)