Where exactly do you go to report issues with Showdown battling?

Okay this site is pretty cool, but it is just frustrating how many times I have come across things that just should not happen.

Today I was playing and I had my Flygon out against my enemies Gliscor and I lost a speed check; Gliscor went first and I lost as a result. This can't happen.

This Flygon is Jolly with max IV and EVs in speed and a speed increase from a Baton Pass. Its base speed is 100. Gliscor I am not sure of the exacts of the Pokemon other than its base Speed is 95 and doesn't have any boosts on it. He was poison and I was burned either of which effect speed. Even if this Gilscor has a max EV and IV and a positive speed nature is speed will only be 318 compared to my Flygon which before boosting is 329. 329 > 318, I should be going first.

Okay this site is pretty cool, but it is just frustrating how many times I have come across things that just should not happen.

Today I was playing and I had my Flygon out against my enemies Gliscor and I lost a speed check; Gliscor went first and I lost as a result. This can't happen.

This Flygon is Jolly with max IV and EVs in speed and a speed increase from a Baton Pass. Its base speed is 100. Gliscor I am not sure of the exacts of the Pokemon other than its base Speed is 95 and doesn't have any boosts on it. He was poison and I was burned either of which effect speed. Even if this Gilscor has a max EV and IV and a positive speed nature is speed will only be 318 compared to my Flygon which before boosting is 329. 329 > 318, I should be going first.
If you had a replay we would be able to help you better because more often than not its you not knowing the game mechanics rather than an actual bug as the coding in the game mechanics is near flawless. So if you could reply below with the replay of that battle it'd help us help you immensely.

Well first off if I had the replay I'd have posted it. When I go searching for it I found 4 under my user name 2 of them from over 9 months ago. One would think you'd be able to search and get the last few fights maybe ... nah. What dictates what gets saved and what doesn't?

Also this is far from flawless. It is really good don't get me wrong, not flawless. Not even the people who make Pokemon can make their game flawless. This is the just last of a long lines of me screaming bullshit at thing that happen. Earlier today (might have been yesterday actually ... ) I had an attack take off 20% of my health then my opponent followed up with the same attack and it did over 60% without a crit (at least it didn't display the message of a crit). Now I know there are variable factors here and there in the damage calculations, but what amounts to 40% swing doesn't seem right, especially when I am banking on 20%-40% damage range attack coming at me to set up my next move.

Now maybe there are variables involved with who goes first in a fight (as far as I know is if they are equal speed then it is random, but Gliscor and a full speed trained Flygon can't be), but I have never seen it in all my year of playing Pokemon since Red/Blue. If my guy goes first I can expect him to always go first every time. And if there is such a calculation that leads to a chance that a Shuckle could out draw a Speed Deoxys in theory.

Oh and a side note: The Gliscor got me with Ice Fang so it was not even a high priority attack.

Also I had my opponents Quick Claw go off an a fight and I still out drew him on an attack and thus he lost (yes I am complaining about a bug in my favor). I didn't have a high priority move so it should have been impossible for me to attack first so he should have killed me instead.

Replays don't save on their own, you'd have to manually save them. As for the other things you mentioned, Ninety_Nine is correct in saying that most of the issues you talked about are most likely not bugs, but a lack of understanding in certain game mechanics. While Showdown does have its bugs, it definitely isn't as buggy as you say and most of these things could probably be explained if you saved replays.

While I agree that there is a possibility, it is very rare that something glitches with the game mechanics themselves. But as for dealing with this situation what exactly were you expecting? We'd love to be able to help you but the fact is without a replay there is nothing we can do in the ways of explaining this 'phenomenon' without a replay unfortunately

Maybe I can just turn this into the bullshit thread

Here is a good example of some shit that seems to happen a lot:
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-130580193

This guy got used Focus Energy and then proceeded to get 7 Crits off (hHe attacked 8 times, but I protected 1 of them)
Using his Kingdra (which I can only assume has Sniper with the setup he uses) he uses Scald and Dragon Pulse; neither of which are high crit moves. With Focus Energy these attack have a 25% chance of crit. Is it possible to get 7 crits off in a row, yes it is. How likely is it? 0.0061 % If he happens to be holding a item I don't know about that ups crits 0.042%

Critical hit mechanics were changed this gen. A certain Kingdra set can get a critical hit on every move they make.

OH!!!! HERE!!!!

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ou-130588096

Turn 1 Dragonite vs Flygon on a quick draw. There is nothing on the board to effect anything yet. He does not have a Choice Scarf b/c he uses Dragon Claw turn 1 and Extreme Speed turn 2 w/o any switching out so that isn't boosting speed.

Dragonite has a base Speed of 80 the most it can get for speed is 284. Mine is the identical Flygon from before with a speed of 329. Dragonite can't out speed Flygon. How does it go first?

PS please ignore the rest of the fight I was just clicking buttons and not caring about winning to get to the replay

Flygon @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Defog
- U-turn
- Dragon Tail

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
You were likely using Dragon Tail, which has negative priority. It will always move last on the turn.

... that might be it.

Now I question all those times I has gone first ... I know there was a time when an HA Ditto copied that Flygon and proceeded to wreck my shit up with Dragontail going first every time. Didn't' think anything of it at the time :-/

Stellar

of the Distant Past
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
If both Pokemon use Dragon Tail, the one with higher Speed goes first. Ditto has a Choice Scarf 99% of the time, so it would have had higher Speed in that scenario.

As was said earlier in the thread, all of these things can be explained by a lack of knowledge of game mechanics. There likely aren't any bugs here.

Going back to the original problem, if your Flygon was using dragon tail that would explain why it lost the speed battle to gliscor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)