NOC Why is there a gun in my popcorn? GAME OVER SCUM WIN

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there's enough for me to look at everyone instead of in-depth

Conftown:
Haruno - take a wild guess why

Town
Aura Guardian - me!
Flyhn - claims school, yet is still active and seems to be trying to contribute. Also was anti-shubaka, so major points there.
Josh - Has been active and thoughtful. I mostly agree with him on what he's said thus far.

Towny
Asek - due to conflict with Sam, and Sam's position lower down on this. Was anti-Haruno, but for the same reasons I was, so eh, there. Is also anti-Yeti and anti-Sam, so I approve.
Blazade - I was previously against him, but given what he suggested. But, shubaka the idler was mafia, so I'm retracting that FoS now.
Hitmonleet - Not a lot of posts, not too few. Seems passably involved in discussions, and not in a bad way. I don't know why I'm getting towny vibes from him instead of neutral, but I'm going with my gut here.

Neutral
DeathByWobbuffett - His posts don't have much of use in them. Looks maybe like he's trying to contribute? I just can't tell.
Empoof - Seems more and more like postcount++ towny with some good ideas, but that "I wanted to see what he'd do if I pushed him" line reminds me too much of how I approached Deathnote as scum.
MoodyCloud - early posts have very little, seems afraid of being targeted. Given who he's gone after (Sam), though I'm putting him here instead of in scummy

Scummy
Former Hope - not an idler, but his posts aren't trying to say much, and it feels sorta like a mafia trying to look active enough to not get shot but not so active that someone focuses on them. Claims to post when he sees an opportunity, but there's enough posts to analyze patterns now, so why isn't he taking that opportunity?
Fort Colorcastle - was pro-Haruno before Haruno was gunbearer, so I'm not against him for that any more. Hasn't posted much lately though, so I maintaim my negative read on him.
Thetwinmasters - Argues against reads validation by completely ignoring the whole "they could be mafia" angle and the usefulness that the information that said reads are from a 100% clean might be. It's not like that technique would be used OFTEN or anything, and I don't recall ever implying it would be. Anti-Fort Colorcastle for a poor reason and anti-Empoof for basically none. That said, looking at the posts, Yeti scumslipped to him, so I bumped him up from flat Scum, but quite possibly bussing to seem clean.
UncleSam - Why does THIS GUY have so few posts? Also, "the most important thing is to stir discussion early." That does not fit. He makes a long post with reads, and discusses activity in others with an emphasis on quality

Scum / low-risk shots
Da Letter El - Empoof said it already. iDLE. Good to get them out of the way NOW rather than later (per Asek's reasoning).
Jalmont - Idling just like shubaka was, and not much of use. Low-risk target IMO. See above.
winter-delta - Another idling scum just like shubaka.

Just shoot them already
Yeti. Buddying Sam real hard and changed in his favor over time while he didn't post, so shooting her will tell us about Sam at least. Most likely guilty, at that.

Because after going through so many posts from others, my temper was a little short. Doesn't change the fact that my gut says scum, though. Also, given the gunbearer selection mechanism, idler shots are the lowest-risk now.

Oh also it's worth mentioning that from a mathematical perspective it's a better idea to take an 11/17 now than say a 1/4 later on. For postierity I'm curious who everyone has the highest confidence in right now. For me it's Sam

Interesting Posts of Shubaka or related to him

i wanna iso yeti bc of how much you're rubbing me the wrong way, but i cbq, so instead i'll just say yeti is rubbing me the wrong way and is giving some very weak speaks. the other weak speakers i kinda expect it from re: jalmont, moody,,, but not yeti?
also empoof is icky but not to the extent yeti is. haruno is playing a haruno game, and that's all the relevant info. texas should shoot haruno and then let haruno kill all the mafia, y/y
Seems to be a good sign for Yeti, dislike his attitude towards Empoof as it seems scumbuddyish, also shows the mafia wanted texas to shoot haruno.

-Has shubaka even done anything? I'd be ok shooting him tbh he seems like the sort of person who might gun Texas
Either blatantly backstabbing or a good town sign for US

Also that read on shubaka? that's the "there's not much to talk about outside of 'I THINK X WOULD GIVE Y THE GUN BECAUSE Z' where Z is some spurious armchair psychology and X is someone who you hold a personal grudge against" you just complained about, except without even bothering to give the "BECAUSE Z" part.
Fort defending Shubaka, though personally I would give this a town read. That said, he's building a case against US here whose logic towards Shubaka seems to have been correct so from a factual standpoint, a good candidate for scum.

shubaka idles every game the fuck u talkin bout lol
Dislike this post from Josh, while that's rather fair, to point this out and defend shubaka's idling seems like a good position for a scum buddy to take.

shubaka17 's still nowhere to be found smh
Good quote from Flyhn here, put a lot of pressure on Shubaka in general.

People I find towny from this: Yeti, US and Flyhn

People who are scummy from the Shubaka flip: Empoof, Fort and Josh

Also a scum read on Hitmonleet this game. His behavior feels very off in trying to set up things like "people who must have chose shubaka came from my NOC" which we now know, at least one mafia was pushing to shoot haruno. In general too, there have been oddities (which after the shubaka searching I'm too lazy to dig up) which leave me very skeptical.

Josh

=P
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Dislike this post from Josh, while that's rather fair, to point this out and defend shubaka's idling seems like a good position for a scum buddy to take.
you literally call it fair in the post, I've expressed more thoughts about shubaka re: flyhn with Empoof recently, and I would never defend a scum partner idling rofl why would it matter to scum!Josh if an idling partner was alive longer? I hate idlers and I'm pretty sure everyone has heard me bitch about it, that stands true for both alignments. also, just over a third of this game is scum, so it's especially unimportant to defend an ally in such a dumb way. I don't deserve town cred for my post but I think it's crazy you're trying to push a scum!Josh narrative on it.

Josh

=P
Also a scum read on Hitmonleet this game. His behavior feels very off in trying to set up things like "people who must have chose shubaka came from my NOC" which we now know, at least one mafia was pushing to shoot haruno. In general too, there have been oddities (which after the shubaka searching I'm too lazy to dig up) which leave me very skeptical.
again, that's almost half the game so very weak. you should point out those oddities because rn I think most of us tr Hitmonleet and aren't going to take your word on it.

Fair in that yes Shubaka idles. That said, your post is undeniably helping to defend his inactivity and when considering what scums most logical action would be to defend him, it would be to defend his idling as normal and not a reason to shoot him. Additionally, your post just now and the very aggressive, insulting pose you took has me reading you as scum even more as it's quite reminiscent of the last game where you were mafia (whatever it was called).

Josh

=P
Fair in that yes Shubaka idles. That said, your post is undeniably helping to defend his inactivity and when considering what scums most logical action would be to defend him, it would be to defend his idling as normal and not a reason to shoot him. Additionally, your post just now and the very aggressive, insulting pose you took has me reading you as scum even more as it's quite reminiscent of the last game where you were mafia (whatever it was called).
my last noc I played on here was deathnote. i was town. are you saying I wasn't very aggressive and insulting there? that's personality, not alignment.

"the last game where you were mafia" It was awhile back, but you were definitely more aggressive and prone to insults in that game than earlier games in that time frame.

I would look at people who avoided taking position on shubaka and did with other rng Texas targets more than I'd look for someone saying "don't shoot shubaka"

From my initial assumption being that scum wants the active players to get the gun as early as possible I'd recommend shooting among the idlers/less involved players first

In that regard shooting me is valid

Josh

=P
"the last game where you were mafia" It was awhile back, but you were definitely more aggressive and prone to insults in that game than earlier games in that time frame.
yes. Dude. read my posts. the last game I was town I was also aggressive and insulting. in what world is that alignment indicative?

Also a scum read on Hitmonleet this game. His behavior feels very off in trying to set up things like "people who must have chose Texas came from my NOC" which we now know, at least one mafia was pushing to shoot haruno. In general too, there have been oddities (which after the shubaka searching I'm too lazy to dig up) which leave me very skeptical.
Stopping misinformation right here, I talked about Texas, not shubaka.

Also, Remember that post where I said at least one of Haruno/FH was scum?

FoS Former Hope.

Also, you haven't really been saying much. You have been saying things, but their usefulness is a bit lacking, which really bothers me. There is a lack of analysis of things, which feels like scum trying to provide quantity, but not quality, to appear towny by posting a lot.

Current Reads after these shots (From Town to Scum):

Haruno - Duh.

Me - Duh.

Josh - While he's being a bit rough and confrontational, this is exactly how he's played in the one NOC I've been in with him, and he's trying to ask questions, get answers, and figure things out.

Empoof - He's like a reverse FH. His posts are really short, but they mostly contribute things --- Mostly, that is. Also, his memes are almost as lit as mine, so that's a point in his favor. :afrostar:

Flyhn - I really don't know why, but he just feels towny. It's a gut read though, and subject to change.

Aura Guardian - He builds bigger walls than Trump. They're very good walls, nobody builds walls better than him. In seriousness, USEFUL walls, which earns him a townread in my book.

Blazade - Asking questions, trying to figure things out, overall pretty helpful.

UncleSam - He's US. His lack of leading this village bothers me, but apparently that's due to extraneous circumstances. I consider him and Yeti linked, though, and how one flips will likely affect my thoughts on the other.

Fort Colorcastle - They seem slightly towny to me, but I can't really find much evidence or reasoning to go either way, except the vibe I'm getting. Gut read, likely to change.

DBW - Complete Null. I can't really get a read on them right now. Their posts are sparse, and I don't know their meta.

Moody - Also Null. His posts feel somewhat towny, but then again, by his own admission, shooting him would be a reasonable idea.

Twin, Asek, and WinterD - Not enough info for a confident read rn.

Yeti - I just don't exactly like how they've been playing so far. It bothers me, and it feels like they're trying to avoid notice or helpfulness. Of course, US might change that, if he gets shot/flips.

Da Letter El - Sux. Seriously dude, start posting. Also, his lack of being subbed makes me think that he's actually faking it, and is scum chatting away.

Former Hope - Isn't helpful, isn't really scumhunting much, suspicious, and since Haruno flipped town, I'm confident that they're scum.

"read my posts" then make it clear, I wasn't in deathnote mafia, I had no idea what you meant.

Anyways, I suppose so. That said, I do still dislike it and will probably be shooting at you after Leet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)