Would there be interest for a Smogon VGC Premier League?

Status
Not open for further replies.
When did we ever start talking about the other tiers? Adding VGC to the SPL is one thing (At which point I totally agree it should be on sim), but having a separate premier league for just VGC would make this totally plausible. Rosters of 6 with 3 cartridge players and 3 Showdown players? Totally doable if you had the support.
We started because you said to split the roster in half which is word for word what you said. How can you claim it's "doable" when exactly 21 players have shown interest in it right now. You'd have enough for 2 and a half teams and you don't even know what they'd have a preference on doing between the sim and the

Also, imo in 3DS would be way better than in PS! In that way, no legend spam...... n_n
You do realize that no matter where it would be (spoiler, it's on showdown) there wouldn't be "legend spam" as not everyone that would be in SPL would be an utter noob that brings 6 legends.

We started because you said to split the roster in half which is word for word what you said. How can you claim it's "doable" when exactly 21 players have shown interest in it right now. You'd have enough for 2 and a half teams and you don't even know what they'd have a preference on doing between the sim and the

You do realize that no matter where it would be (spoiler, it's on showdown) there wouldn't be "legend spam" as not everyone that would be in SPL would be an utter noob that brings 6 legends.
That's not what i meant at all. Legends are difficult to get in-game. In the simulator one get the legendary without any kind of trouble. Also, how do we confirm that the winner of this supposed Premier League has a 3DS and/or the game? Or how do we confirm that the player has, in fact, any kind of competitive team ready? One thing is only having skills, and other thing is having both skills and a good team in-game(if it even has the game, ofc).

That's not what i meant at all. Legends are difficult to get in-game. In the simulator one get the legendary without any kind of trouble. Also, how do we confirm that the winner of this supposed Premier League has a 3DS and/or the game? Or how do we confirm that the player has, in fact, any kind of competitive team ready? One thing is only having skills, and other thing is having both skills and a good team in-game(if it even has the game, ofc).
That's still the thing, legends don't make a player good, a good cohesive team and strong decision making/predictions are what make players good. And why should it matter if they have a 3ds, X, Y, or ORAS? And the best way of determining if they have a competitive team would by having like what the NFL has with a combine for college athletes to showcase their speed, strength, etc. and pro days were they do the same things like they do in the combine. This of course would be done before the draft is held.

Um, yeah, I did say split the roster in half. Not in 10ths so every tier is played.

Also, the reason why all of this is hypothetical is because we don't have a sufficient number of players. I never said we should start a league with 20 people.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)