Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question

Should I run shadow ball or psyshock on my sylveon? It's info is:
Ability:pixilate
Modest nature
Evs: 252 sp.attack, 129 hp, 129 speed
-hyper voice
-wish
-heal bell
-psyshock/shadow ball

Weird/Quick question but does Gengar has a special ability not listed anywhere or what's happening with mine?

I used a 4IV gengar in my in-game team (Pokemon X) I got from breeding in Pokemon Pearl a while back, and that beast is inmune to electric attacks. WHY!?

Weird/Quick question but does Gengar has a special ability not listed anywhere or what's happening with mine?

I used a 4IV gengar in my in-game team (Pokemon X) I got from breeding in Pokemon Pearl a while back, and that beast is inmune to electric attacks. WHY!?
No, Gengar cannot become immune to electric attacks unless Lightningrod or Motor Drive is Skill Swapped or Entrained onto to it. (Volt Absorb too.)

How do people get the sprites for making teamlists? I'm making a UGC RMT and want to make it look nice. Is there a thread to help with that? i've searched but i keep getting old random threads.

aVocado

@ Everstone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
How do people get the sprites for making teamlists? I'm making a UGC RMT and want to make it look nice. Is there a thread to help with that? i've searched but i keep getting old random threads.
googling "pokemon animated sprites" is what I always did.

Pyritie

TAMAGO
is an Artist
Quick question

Should I run shadow ball or psyshock on my sylveon? It's info is:
Ability:pixilate
Modest nature
Evs: 252 sp.attack, 129 hp, 129 speed
-hyper voice
-wish
-heal bell
-psyshock/shadow ball
Shadow ball and hyper voice give you perfect coverage bar pyroar
Psyshock means you can hit both specially and physically so you aren't walled by one thing
I'm not sure what this sylveon is trying to do though. If you want it to be offensive, you should add Calm Mind. If it's a cleric, try Protect (so it can heal itself with Wish better) or Toxic.

What are you trying to accomplish with the 129 HP and 129 speed EVs?

Guys, does anyone know any good wallbreakers that are able to deal with the likes of Physical walls easily? Cant be Keldeo.

Guys, does anyone know any good wallbreakers that are able to deal with the likes of Physical walls easily? Cant be Keldeo.
Here are some good wall breakers on the tip of my mind:
Aegislash - The most unpredictable pokemon and can pretty much handle any wall.
Greninja - Extremely fast and with the Combination of life orb and protean, It can KO many physical walls.
Mega Charizard Y - One of the highest SpAers in the game and with drought, Charizard can KO or greatly damage physical walls.
Volcarona - Quiver dance, roost + SpA moves and some Defensive EV investment can make Volcarona a threat.
Manaphy - High stats all around and with the move tail glow, Manaphy is pretty much set to destroy physical walls.
Mega Mantric - Extremely high speed and extremely high SpA.
Keldeo - Secret Sword makes Keldeo one of the best wall breakers.

Last edited:
Aegislash - The most unpredictable pokemon and can pretty much handle any wall.
Greninja - Extremely fast and with the Combination of life orb and protean, It can KO many physical walls.
Mega Charizard Y - One of the highest SpAers in the game and with drought, Charizard can KO or greatly damage physical walls.
Mega Venusaur - High SpA and can stall out physical walls.
Heatran - Has decent bulk and can take care of physical walls with its High SpA.
Volcarona - Quiver dance, roost + SpA moves and some Defensive EV investment can make Volcarona a threat.
Manaphy - High stats all around and with the move tail glow, Manaphy is pretty much set to destroy physical walls.
Mega Mantric - Extremely high speed and extremely high SpA.
Sabelye - Prankster makes it very difficult for the opponent to stall out.
Of these, Mega Venusaur, Heatran, Volcarona, and Sableye aren't really wallbreakers. The rest are though. (Mega Venusaur and Heatran are mainly seen as Defensive Pokemon, Volcarona is a sweeper, and Sableye is a stallbreaker)

To add on to that list, Terrakion, Kyurem-B, Landorus-I, Garchomp, Azumarill, and Mega Mawile all make great wallbreakers.

MegaZardX can also break through some physical walls if you get it up to +2 with the Adamant set, which is part of what makes it so threatening. It needs residual damage or +3 Attack to smash past a Hippowdon. It's one of the few physical attackers which can also threaten physical walls. Alternatively, a mixed set or a special coverage move can also threaten some physical walls.

Some other good examples of wallbreakers are CB-Dragonite, Latios (Psyshock), Terrakion, and Mixed Thundurus. Lesser used but still effective ones are M-Medicham, M-Gardevoir, and M-Heracross. Incidentally, M-Manectric is more of a bulky pivot than a wallbreaker.

Hopefully i dont come off as totally dumb, but where do you get started with battling? Ive only done in game stuff but wanted to branch out but dont even know how to build a team. Any help ?

slayerx725232

"to sea, or not to sea" ~Melodramatic Sailor
Hopefully i dont come off as totally dumb, but where do you get started with battling? Ive only done in game stuff but wanted to branch out but dont even know how to build a team. Any help ?
First off, you want to find a Pokemon you want to center your team around, can be anything. After that, you mainly just want to focus on making a team that works around that main Pokemon, one that is full and can do well. And after you have a team, you just go around and battle, improving your skills.

Also, if you just want to gain laddering experience, there's nothing wrong with starting off with using Rate My Teams (http://www.smogon.com/forums/forums/xy-ou-teams.261/). Using these can help you get accustomed to how teams work together, and what the common threats in OU are. Just reading through the rmt's also can help you understand their rationales as well.

Ive posted there before and my thread got deleted. Not sure where to post and ask so i pretty much just stick to this thread so i can at least get some answers without pissing off too many mods
You're not supposed to make a new thread in order to sign up. Post in this thread (well, you'll have to wait until round 84, the current round is already in progress) to sign up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 10)