Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I noticed people are running Flamethrower>Overheat on M-Man now. Is there a reason for the switch? Flamethrower seems to miss out on some significant KOs that Overheat nabs, and the SpA drop doesn't seem *too* bad on a mon carrying Volt Switch.

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 308-364 (87.5 - 103.4%) -- 25% chance to OHKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 444-524 (126.1 - 148.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 288-340 (79.7 - 94.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 414-488 (114.6 - 135.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 194-230 (62.3 - 73.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 40 HP / 0 SpD Mega Heracross: 280-330 (90 - 106.1%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 242-286 (56 - 66.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Black Sludge recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Amoonguss: 350-412 (81 - 95.3%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 222-262 (68.5 - 80.8%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 172 HP / 0 SpD Magnezone: 318-376 (98.1 - 116%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chesnaught: 256-302 (67.3 - 79.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Chesnaught: 368-434 (96.8 - 114.2%) -- guaranteed OHKO after Stealth Rock

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 226-268 (71 - 84.2%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Klefki: 326-384 (102.5 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
(not super relevant since Light Screen's going up first but w/e)

252 SpA Mega Manectric Flamethrower vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gourgeist-Small: 256-302 (81.5 - 96.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Manectric Overheat vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gourgeist-Small: 370-436 (117.8 - 138.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This is mainly due to the SpA drops, allowing Megaman to more efficiently clean lategame and allows him to be a bit less predictable (if it Overheats it will likely (Volt)switch out the next turn, meaning you can bring in Ground types with less to fear). Other than that, its just personal preference, Flamethrower Megaman isnt meant to OHKO threats outright, rather weaken them over time with Volt Switch then possibly clean late-game but Overheat Megaman is more of a heavy hit and run attacker.

hi, can you tell wich is a better set for clefable please, i usually use Work up+ Cosmic power+ stored power, but people keep saying that cosmic power+ wish is better and i don't know wich set i should use now :/

The Calm Mind set is a full stop to so much bullshit it isn't even funny.

I find coverage unnecessary on it though. Flamethrower or Stored Power would be lovely but I rarely want to stay in on steels or poisons anyway (particularly given Fable's poor speed). In the final analysis, I prefer to run aromatherapy as a clutch save for the rest of the team. The times I miss my coverage are definitely outnumbered by the times I am grateful for a cleric.

Aragorn the King

Literally a duck
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnus
The Calm Mind set is a full stop to so much bullshit it isn't even funny.

I find coverage unnecessary on it though. Flamethrower or Stored Power would be lovely but I rarely want to stay in on steels or poisons anyway (particularly given Fable's poor speed). In the final analysis, I prefer to run aromatherapy as a clutch save for the rest of the team. The times I miss my coverage are definitely outnumbered by the times I am grateful for a cleric.
Clefable has so much versatility it's crazy. If you don't like Flamethrower, Aromatherapy is a good option to help out the team. However, I tend to stick with Flamethrower, due to this evil mon:

What's the spread for an AV Zum from the NP/SD Mega Luke era days?
If I had to guess it was max HP/Atk, subtract from HP and add to Spe as preferred. AV was only like 5% usage on Azumarill back then so it wasn't exactly a popular set yet.

I was using either Band or BD back then so I can't really say for sure, but I don't remember seeing sets that invested in SpDef over HP until more recently.

I have been using a lot of QuickPass teams on Wifi, as many of the communities I play don't run Taunt on pokes, and such it's really easy to pull off a Sweep. I only bring up this specific thing for a question. What are some good pokes that I can pass Attack and Speed to from my Scolipede? I have done many pokes in the past from partners i've found to be great like a Purely Physical Kyurem-B to partners i've found to be mediocre, such as passing speed to Clawitzer. I'd like to ask the closest to professionals I can get who the best Quickpass partners are to SD Scolipede.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
I have been using a lot of QuickPass teams on Wifi, as many of the communities I play don't run Taunt on pokes, and such it's really easy to pull off a Sweep. I only bring up this specific thing for a question. What are some good pokes that I can pass Attack and Speed to from my Scolipede? I have done many pokes in the past from partners i've found to be great like a Purely Physical Kyurem-B to partners i've found to be mediocre, such as passing speed to Clawitzer. I'd like to ask the closest to professionals I can get who the best Quickpass partners are to SD Scolipede.
Lol, this is a pretty easy question to answer. Here are a bunch of mons that I would pass speed boosts + SDs to: Azumarill, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Mega Hercross, Garchomp, Breloom, Scizor (mega or non mega), etc

Lol, this is a pretty easy question to answer. Here are a bunch of mons that I would pass speed boosts + SDs to: Azumarill, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Mega Hercross, Garchomp, Breloom, Scizor (mega or non mega), etc
Pretty much this, but add in Charizard X, Y, and Dragonite (It can switch in and take the hit because of Multiscale which is nice). Also I'm going to have to say no to Mega Heracross, too many talonflames on wifi aha, hate the birds

Clefable has so much versatility it's crazy. If you don't like Flamethrower, Aromatherapy is a good option to help out the team. However, I tend to stick with Flamethrower, due to this evil mon:

Aha. But you can set all the way up to +6 in the face of Ferrothorn if it stays in on you. Then you can kill it with Moonblast anyway. Ferrothorn can't do anything to you in response unless it has the exceptionally rare Curse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 9)