Resource ORAS OU Simple Questions, Simple Answers (Read the OP First!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys i'm looking for a special wall that work's with my physical defensive celebi as a defensive core, any suggestions?
Heatran?
It resists everything that is super effective to Celebi (bar Ghost/Dark) and Celebi also resists both Ground and Fighting.
They work together well and if you want a FWG core they are both parts of it!

The april fools sprites on PS! are making me lag really hard, and I've lost battles because my opponents refuse to turn off the timer. Is there an option to turn off the april fools sprite?

If I want to run Hidden Power Ice on Cobalion (pivot set: CC, Iron Head, Volt, HP Ice), is Jolly still the best nature?
Yes, HP Ice doesn't affect the Speed IV's, and the speed tier Cobalion hits when it runs Jolly is quite crucial as it allows it to outspeed mons like Mega Gardevoir and Garchomp.

If I want to run Hidden Power Ice on Cobalion (pivot set: CC, Iron Head, Volt, HP Ice), is Jolly still the best nature?
That set is a little outdated, but assuming you're running Expert Belt, Jolly should be fine. It still manages to 2HKO Defensive Lando-T with HP Ice, which is about as good as you're going to get.

0- SpA Expert Belt Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 206-245 (53.9 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you're running Leftovers instead, you still have a good chance to 2HKO after Rocks.

0- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 172-204 (45 - 53.4%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

SketchUp

Don't let your memes be dreams
Yes, HP Ice doesn't affect the Speed IV's, and the speed tier Cobalion hits when it runs Jolly is quite crucial as it allows it to outspeed mons like Mega Gardevoir and Garchomp.
I think he means if it is worth dropping either SpA (Jolly) or dropping some SpD (Naive)

4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 164-196 (39 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 180-216 (42.8 - 51.4%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 180-216 (50.8 - 61%) -- 43.8% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
4 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 204-240 (57.6 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 176-208 (46 - 54.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 176-208 (46 - 54.4%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 192-228 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

In my opinion Naive is better than Jolly just by looking at the calcs above.

That set is a little outdated, but assuming you're running Expert Belt, Jolly should be fine. It still manages to 2HKO Defensive Lando-T with HP Ice, which is about as good as you're going to get.

0- SpA Expert Belt Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 206-245 (53.9 - 64.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

If you're running Leftovers instead, you still have a good chance to 2HKO after Rocks.

0- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 172-204 (45 - 53.4%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
I think he means if it is worth dropping either SpA (Jolly) or dropping some SpD (Naive)

4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 164-196 (39 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
4 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Garchomp: 180-216 (42.8 - 51.4%) -- 53.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock

4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 180-216 (50.8 - 61%) -- 43.8% chance to 2HKO after Poison Heal
4 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Gliscor: 204-240 (57.6 - 67.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Poison Heal

4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 176-208 (46 - 54.4%) -- 3.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
4- SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 176-208 (46 - 54.4%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
4 SpA Cobalion Hidden Power Ice vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 192-228 (50.2 - 59.6%) -- 78.5% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Oops, my bad :p
If its a defensive set with HP Ice just to surprise Gliscor/Lando/Chomp on the switch, I'd still recommend Jolly, because that loss in SpDef isn't worth it imo, but if its an offensive set, Naive is more beneficial...however, Cobalion's main niche in OU is its Rocker/Pivot set.
Alright! Thanks for your answers!

Another question, if the set's outdated, then what would be its best set?

Oops, my bad :p
If its a defensive set with HP Ice just to surprise Gliscor/Lando/Chomp on the switch, I'd still recommend Jolly, because that loss in SpDef isn't worth it imo, but if its an offensive set, Naive is more beneficial...however, Cobalion's main niche in OU is its Rocker/Pivot set.

What is like the textbook definition of semistall?
A stall team that relies on a win condition rather than simply outstalling the other team. Something like Bulky DD Mega Altaria or Sp Def SD Talonflame are decent examples, they function as a part of the defensive core of the team while being able to tear apart the opposing team after specific things have been weakened.

A stall team that relies on a win condition rather than simply outstalling the other team. Something like Bulky DD Mega Altaria or Sp Def SD Talonflame are decent examples, they function as a part of the defensive core of the team while being able to tear apart the opposing team after specific things have been weakened.

Hello guys. I have a question regarding which is the most effective set of mega altaria currently? And why is frustration used rather than return?
thanks!

Hello guys. I have a question regarding which is the most effective set of mega altaria currently? And why is frustration used rather than return?
thanks!
There's no actual difference between Frustration and Return. Frustration sees use in order to mess up Ditto users, who have to change Ditto's Happiness in order to reach a full power attack.

Mega Altaria's best set generally depends on the team you pair it with more than anything, as it's difficult to compare them since they all play so differently. Offensive teams generally use the DD 3 Attacks set for a powerful win condition, or the special attacker set in order to put holes in the other team. Defensive teams usually stick with the support set.

thanks for the reply. For an offensive team does tje DD + 3 attacks set uses 252 ev in both attack and speed? Or there is a better spread? And what ability is better to have in altaria?

MANNAT

https://spo.ink/aq7
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
thanks for the reply. For an offensive team does tje DD + 3 attacks set uses 252 ev in both attack and speed? Or there is a better spread? And what ability is better to have in altaria?
DD + 3 attacks is mainly 252/252, but the best DD Mega Altaria set is probably the mono attacker set, with heal bell, roost, dd, and return/frustration. It allows MegaAlt to stay healthy throughout the match and heal off status that can usually stop a sweep like paralysis or burn. This spread is probably the best one because it allows Mega Altaria to set up on a ton of mons while still being powerful enough to sweep. Shouts out to scotti for showing off this great set in an RMT.
Altaria @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
Happiness: 0
EVs: 252 HP / 76 Def / 180 Spe
Impish Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Frustration
- Heal Bell
- Roost

Here are some calcs that he posted to show the set's bulk:
  • 252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mega Altaria: 139-165 (39.2 - 46.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Mega Charizard Y Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria in Sun: 150-177 (42.3 - 50%) -- 0.4% chance to 2HKO
  • 252 SpA Choice Specs Keldeo Hydro Pump vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Mega Altaria: 128-151 (36.1 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mega Altaria: 133-157 (37.5 - 44.3%) -- guaranteed 3HKO252 Atk Garchomp Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mega Altaria: 127-151 (35.8 - 42.6%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 Atk Choice Band Victini V-create vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mega Altaria: 144-169 (40.6 - 47.7%) -- guaranteed 3HKO
  • 252 Atk Tyranitar Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mega Altaria: 132-156 (37.2 - 44%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after sandstorm damage
  • 252 Atk Mega Lopunny Return vs. 252 HP / 76+ Def Mega Altaria: 135-160 (38.1 - 45.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO

The ability is rather inconsequential, but if you had to choose go with Natural Cure to heal off burn/paralysis/toxic for free if you switch into one or whatever. It'll barely ever come into play tho so don't sweat over it

Cloud Nine is also fine as it can remove weather effects so mega altaria won't be revenged by excadrill or mega swampert after it has set up a dd.
But yeah as kurona said both abilities are fine.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
I mean it lets you switch on Zard-Y to let you stall it out but you need to be bulky to tank Fire Blasts lol. Cloud Nine won't see a whole lot of use tbh where as Natural Cure gives you a status buffer. I guess it's preference but I don't ever find myself wanting to use Cloud Nine based on unrealistic circumstances these days.

Is SD + 3Attacks Gliscor at all a good idea?

I've been messing around with S.Def Swords Dance Gliscor in combination with P.Def Unaware Clefable and Ferrothorn as part of a balance team and I've noticed myself using Roost very rarely.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Is SD + 3Attacks Gliscor at all a good idea?

I've been messing around with S.Def Swords Dance Gliscor in combination with P.Def Unaware Clefable and Ferrothorn as part of a balance team and I've noticed myself using Roost very rarely.
Won't know till you try it man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 11)