Ubers Zekrom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Empress

Don't waffle or you'll get pancaked
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus

Zekrom
QC: 3/3 (PROBLEMS, Sweep, WreckDra)
GP: 2/2 (darkstar56182 + Winry., GatoDelFuego)

Overview
########

Zekrom is a force to be reckoned with in the Ubers metagame, as it possesses an excellent STAB combination along with high-Base Power moves and a great Attack stat. Immunity to paralysis makes it an excellent revenge killer along with a Choice Scarf. Zekrom can lure in Ground-types and deal damage, either for itself or for another teammate, while simultaneously forcing out nearly all Flying- and Water-types. Unfortunately, Zekrom is one of many Pokemon that struggles against Primal Groudon. Though Zekrom can deal damage to Primal Groudon, the latter's bulk makes it a tough opponent for Zekrom. Moreover, Zekrom has trouble spamming its STAB attacks because Fairy- and Ground-type Pokemon are each immune to one of them. Base 90 Speed is also not good enough, as Zekrom needs a Choice Scarf to outspeed important threats such as Arceus, Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo.

Choice Scarf
########
name: Choice Scarf
move 1: Bolt Strike
move 2: Outrage
move 3: Draco Meteor
move 4: Volt Switch
ability: Teravolt
item: Choice Scarf
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
nature: Naughty

Moves
========

Bolt Strike demolishes anything that isn't a Ground-type. Outrage hits Pokemon that resist or are immune to Bolt Strike such as Grass Arceus and Landorus-T and gives Zekrom a fighting chance against offensive variants of Primal Groudon. Draco Meteor hits physically defensive Ground-types such as Gliscor, and Volt Switch allows Zekrom to maintain momentum for its team while simultaneously inflicting decent damage.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed is necessary for Zekrom to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. A Naughty nature is preferred over Naive in order to 2HKO Electric-neutral, bulky variants of Arceus with Bolt Strike. Teravolt is useful for dealing serious damage to Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

This set is typically used on offensive teams that desire both a revenge killer and a dedicated late-game cleaner, as well as a Pokemon that has the ability to outspeed common threats such as Latios, Latias, and Extreme Killer Arceus. Zekrom will be switching in and out often, so don't let it get worn down by repeated attacks and passive damage. Generally, Zekrom should only enter the battlefield on a free switch or a predicted Thunder Wave. When in doubt, scout with Volt Switch, but don't abuse it because Ground-types can block it completely. As all of Zekrom's moves have common immunities, prediction is very important in order to conserve momentum for your team. Predict incorrectly and Zekrom will be unable to effectively deal damage.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support will turn some of Zekrom's 2HKOs into OHKOs, particularly against Lugia, Skarmory, and defensive variants of Yveltal. Landorus-T and Gliscor are two Stealth Rock users that can also absorb Ground-type attacks for Zekrom. Primal Kyogre takes on the Ground-types that give Zekrom a hard time in Ubers, particularly Primal Groudon. Ho-Oh also has great defensive synergy with Zekrom due to its massive Special Defense, resistances to Fairy- and Grass-type moves, and immunity to Ground-type moves. Mega Gengar can switch in on Ground-type moves thanks to Levitate before it Mega Evolves and can trap and KO most other threats to Zekrom such as Xerneas. Zekrom also forms a great VoltTurn core with Mega Scizor, which can be switched into Xerneas or Mega Diancie.

Life Orb
########
name: Life Orb
move 2: Outrage / Dragon Claw
move 4: Volt Switch / Tailwind
item: Life Orb

Moves
========

Bolt Strike is an incredibly powerful STAB attack that plows through anything that it hits neutrally. Outrage is the best choice for a secondary STAB attack, hitting Grass-, Dragon-, and Ground-types such as Grass Arceus, Kyurem-W, and Landorus-T, respectively, which have no trouble taking a Bolt Strike. Alternatively, Dragon Claw can be used if Zekrom does not wish to be locked into Outrage and confused, though Zekrom usually prefers Outrage's power. Volt Switch is the best option in the fourth slot to help Zekrom pivot around and maintain momentum for its team. Tailwind can act as a pseudo-Agility and help Zekrom outspeed the entire unboosted metagame while giving its teammates a temporary Speed boost. However, Focus Blast can be used instead if your team struggles against Ferrothorn.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed is necessary for Zekrom to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. A Naughty nature is preferred over Naive because Zekrom finds maximum Attack to be more useful than maximum Speed. Teravolt is useful to OHKO Lugia through Multiscale. If running Focus Blast, an EV spread of 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe can be used to always 2HKO Ferrothorn.

Usage Tips
========

The one-two punch of Draco Meteor and Outrage is a great way to lure and KO most Ground-types, including Primal Groudon. Because Zekrom is not locked into a move, its attacks are much more spammable than usual, as Zekrom can Volt Switch out of an unfavorable matchup as long as the foe is not a Ground-type. If running Tailwind, use it on a predicted switch, when Zekrom is about to be KOed, or when facing a foe that does not threaten Zekrom. Be sure to lure and KO opposing Ground-types that attempt to block Volt Switch. After the opponent has lost their Ground-types, use Volt Switch primarily on predicted switch-ins.

Team Options
========

Zekrom appreciates entry hazard support in order to help it sweep opposing teams more easily. Setters such as Landorus-T, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Gliscor can not only set up entry hazards but also take on the Ground-types that give Zekrom trouble. Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre have great defensive and offensive synergy, respectively, with Zekrom and appreciate Tailwind support to alleviate their somewhat low Speed stats. If running Volt Switch, Zekrom forms a good VoltTurn core with Scizor, which can deal with the Fairy-types that block Zekrom's Outrage. Pokemon that lose to Primal Groudon one-on-one, such as Xerneas, Mewtwo, and Extreme Killer Arceus, enjoy having Zekrom use Outrage to heavily damage Primal Groudon. Fairy-weak Pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Dark Arceus appreciate Zekrom's ability to dent Fairy-types with Bolt Strike as well.

Choice Band
########
name: Choice Band
move 3: Dragon Claw
item: Choice Band
nature: Adamant / Naughty

Moves
========

Bolt Strike is a very spammable STAB move that 2HKOes nearly everything that it hits neutrally. Outrage is Zekrom's second best bet against Pokemon that it cannot 2HKO with Bolt Strike, such as defensive Dialga. Dragon Claw is noticeably weaker than Outrage, but it does not prevent Zekrom from switching, so it can be more easily spammed in the presence of Steel-types such as Skarmory. Volt Switch maintains momentum, allowing Zekrom to pivot out of a predicted switch-in or a bad matchup.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed make Zekrom hit as hard and as quickly as possible. An Adamant nature is preferred to boost Zekrom's Attack and not lower its defenses, though Naughty can be used if you do not wish to lower the power of Volt Switch. Teravolt allows Zekrom's Bolt Strike to OHKO Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

This set has the role of an extremely powerful wallbreaker, denting the defensive Pokemon that hyper offense teams struggle against. Because Ground- and Fairy-types stop Zekrom cold, you can't be reckless with this set despite its sheer power. Expert prediction is absolutely required to ensure Zekrom can break through opposing walls. Conversely, if you have eliminated your opponent's Fairy- and Ground-types, feel free to spam Outrage and Bolt Strike. To maximize your chances of landing a KO with Zekrom, bring it in against a slower Pokemon that it forces out, particularly Primal Kyogre, Giratina-O, or Blissey, then use prediction to hit the switch-in with the proper STAB attack.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that appreciate the removal of Zekrom's usual checks make for good partners. For example, Giratina-O and Blaziken enjoy having Xerneas and Primal Groudon defeated, respectively. Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre have great defensive and offensive synergy, respectively, with Zekrom, so both can take on the walls that Zekrom struggles against, such as Ferrothorn and Ground Arceus. A Ground-immune Stealth Rock user such as Landorus-T, Skarmory, or Gliscor can take Ground-type attacks aimed at Zekrom and wear down opposing walls, making it easier for Zekrom to break them. A pivot such as Genesect or Mega Scizor can form a VoltTurn core with Zekrom and get it in the battlefield unscathed.

Other Options
########

Sleep Talk allows Zekrom to switch into Darkrai and Smeargle easily and subsequently annihilate them with any move that Sleep Talk selects. Earth Power 2HKOes most variants of Primal Groudon on the switch, but it requires prediction and significant Special Attack investment to use. Magnet Rise can be used on a predicted switch in order to make Zekrom immune to Ground-type moves. Fusion Bolt is an alternative STAB attack with perfect accuracy, but it is significantly less powerful than Bolt Strike and cannot paralyze the foe. Substitute with Hone Claws gives Zekrom a way to boost its Attack stat. In combination with Shuca Berry, Hone Claws also allows Zekrom to act as a great lure to Primal Groudon and a check to Mega Salamence.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ferrothorn**: Aside from the occasional Focus Blast, Ferrothorn resists all of Zekrom's moves and walls it to no end.

**Ground-types**: Ground-types such as Primal Groudon, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Ground Arceus all prevent Zekrom from safely using Bolt Strike. However, most Ground-types, even Primal Groudon, struggle to switch into Zekrom's Dragon-type attacks. The exception is Ground Arceus, which beats all of Zekrom's sets except for the Choice Scarf set if the Zekrom player predicts correctly.

**Fairy-types**: Xerneas, Mega Diancie, and Fairy Arceus all block Zekrom's Dragon-type moves and OHKO it back with a STAB attack. However, none of them can switch into even an unboosted Bolt Strike, especially if entry hazards are set up.

**Fast Dragon-types**: Kyurem-W, Palkia, Latios, and Latias all outspeed non-Choice Scarf Zekrom and OHKO it with their Dragon-type STAB moves.

**Deoxys-A**: Deoxys-A outspeeds even Choice Scarf Zekrom and OHKOes Zekrom with Psycho Boost or Ice Beam.

Last edited:
some stuff to note early on:
-mention moves like focus blast on the life orb set (hits ferrothorn hard, 2hkos dialga after sr without needing to use outrage) and fusion bolt in oo (for those fearing bolt strike accuracy issues, still ohkos most bird targets and other SE hits but misses ohko on lugia after sr if scarfed)
-iirc you dont need to mention the ability in the set itself if its the only one it has, but mentioning its perks in set details is cool
-stuff like hp ice in oo is an option for the ever popular landorus-t (hah), mention sub hone claws as well
-idk about an earth power slash, earth power is like a desperation move and it does pitiful damage to sp def groudon:
(4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 153-182 (37.8 - 45%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
not to mention life orb outrage will 2hko any standard primal don set after sr anyway (regular impish don can take them tho)
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Primal Groudon: 181-214 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-i'd move life orb above band in set order, life orb is just better for a few reasons

thats all i see so far, i'll chime in more if i see anything else once its in qc stage

Empress

is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
some stuff to note early on:
-mention moves like focus blast on the life orb set (hits ferrothorn hard, 2hkos dialga after sr without needing to use outrage) and fusion bolt in oo (for those fearing bolt strike accuracy issues, still ohkos most bird targets and other SE hits but misses ohko on lugia after sr if scarfed)
-iirc you dont need to mention the ability in the set itself if its the only one it has, but mentioning its perks in set details is cool
-stuff like hp ice in oo is an option for the ever popular landorus-t (hah), mention sub hone claws as well
-idk about an earth power slash, earth power is like a desperation move and it does pitiful damage to sp def groudon:
(4 SpA Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Earth Power vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 153-182 (37.8 - 45%) -- 5.9% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
not to mention life orb outrage will 2hko any standard primal don set after sr anyway (regular impish don can take them tho)
252+ Atk Life Orb Teravolt Zekrom Outrage vs. 252 HP / 56+ Def Primal Groudon: 181-214 (44.8 - 52.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
-i'd move life orb above band in set order, life orb is just better for a few reasons

thats all i see so far, i'll chime in more if i see anything else once its in qc stage
Thanks; I put in all your changes. I like how this is looking so far, and I'm ready for QC!

+ Can lure in Ground-types and deal with them surprisingly well
- The omnipresent Primal Groudon checks Zekrom very easily, and can counter it depending on the set
??
Zekrom needs a Choice Scarf to outspeed important threats such as Kyurem-W and Palkia. Without a Choice Band or Life Orb, it often finds its power somewhat lacking
zekrom is not weak by any means, its probably one of the most powerful unboosted physical attackers as it can 2hko fat arceus with just bolt strike, salamence cant even do that
its main issue is that its stabs have readily available immunities, a team with primal groudon and xern (or any ground/fairy) can leave zekrom guessing all game, not to mention ferrothorn is pre much a counter (mention it in c&c)
if its choiced it can end up giving free turns away or just not doing any damage, whereas if it has life orb you are fairly slow and dont have the greatest of resistances (ground weak) to stay in
not to mention palkia and kyurem arent exactly the most relevant of threats these days as they are fairly rare, perhaps replace with stuff like arceus formes, mewtwo and latis

mention that zekrom can fit onto teams due to its ability to soft check birds and kyogre, you will scare out any flying or water type once you come in and not many mons on offense can do that

While Xerneas and Fairy Arceus check all of Zekrom's sets, Diancie usually loses if Zekrom is holding Choice Scarf.
a scarf zekrom can beat all 3 of those if spamming bolt strike with sr up, only bold xerneas can really switch in and win thanks to lefties. i'd probably reword to something like "while fairys can check zekrom they must be wary of scarf bolt strikes" im sure you're able to word it a lot better than that, im just lazy.
the rest looks fine to me though, nice job.

Empress

??

zekrom is not weak by any means, its probably one of the most powerful unboosted physical attackers as it can 2hko fat arceus with just bolt strike, salamence cant even do that
its main issue is that its stabs have readily available immunities, a team with primal groudon and xern (or any ground/fairy) can leave zekrom guessing all game, not to mention ferrothorn is pre much a counter (mention it in c&c)
if its choiced it can end up giving free turns away or just not doing any damage, whereas if it has life orb you are fairly slow and dont have the greatest of resistances (ground weak) to stay in
not to mention palkia and kyurem arent exactly the most relevant of threats these days as they are fairly rare, perhaps replace with stuff like arceus formes, mewtwo and latis

mention that zekrom can fit onto teams due to its ability to soft check birds and kyogre, you will scare out any flying or water type once you come in and not many mons on offense can do that

a scarf zekrom can beat all 3 of those if spamming bolt strike with sr up, only bold xerneas can really switch in and win thanks to lefties. i'd probably reword to something like "while fairys can check zekrom they must be wary of scarf bolt strikes" im sure you're able to word it a lot better than that, im just lazy.
the rest looks fine to me though, nice job.
Thanks- all changes implemented.

Freeroamer

The greatest story of them all.
is a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributor
Not QC but is band really worth it's own set this gen when you're throwing out STABs where one of the top two use pokemon is immune? I know the Choice Scarf set suffers from this too but that at the very least can revenge Lati@s and the like and can clean late game whereas Band doesn't have that utility, I honestly can't see a team where I'd prefer band to Life Orb.

Empress

Not QC but is band really worth it's own set this gen when you're throwing out STABs where one of the top two use pokemon is immune? I know the Choice Scarf set suffers from this too but that at the very least can revenge Lati@s and the like and can clean late game whereas Band doesn't have that utility, I honestly can't see a team where I'd prefer band to Life Orb.
It's true that Band lost a bit of viability with P-Don, but that's why it's the last set. If any QC members think it should be relegated to OO, I completely understand why.

Minority

Numquam Vincar
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
I knew someone would try and dismiss the Choice Band set on the basis of P Don's existence; CB Zekrom Outrage 2HKOs every single standard Primal Groudon set including max defense. That's not to say that the set is great by any means, but its not like P Don can afford to switch in.

Freeroamer

It's not purely on that, it's just that giving the top two Pokemon in the metagame free turns is just absolutely detrimental to pretty much any team, iirc specs Palkia got moved to OO for similar reasons despite the fact that if it predicted right it 2hkoed the incoming Groudon or Xerneas. Something for QC I guess.

252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Xerneas: 219-258 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 211-249 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock

Last edited:

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
It's not purely on that, it's just that giving the top two Pokemon in the metagame free turns is just absolutely detrimental to pretty much any team, iirc specs Palkia got moved to OO for similar reasons despite the fact that if it predicted right it 2hkoed the incoming Groudon or Xerneas. Something for QC I guess.

252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Hydro Pump vs. 248 HP / 252+ SpD Xerneas: 219-258 (48.1 - 56.7%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

252 SpA Choice Specs Palkia Spacial Rend vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Primal Groudon: 211-249 (52.2 - 61.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock
Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant on CB at the moment because of precisely this. On the merits of CB Zekrom itself, it's definitely a good set, but the problem is that you have two very powerful that are immune to each of its STABs, which was one reason I didn't approve of Specs Palkia. I get that this problem of Zekrom has been around since XY, but the Groudon of XY (and its Ground-type friends) are different types of animals compared to the P Donner of ORAS (P Donner is the undisputed king of ORAS while the Ground-types of XY were probably collectively not as often used as P Donner is).

However, I wouldn't dismiss CB Zekrom on purely the basis that Specs Palkia was not analysis-worthy. As annoying as getting locked into Outrage is, Bolt Strike and Outrage are both more powerful than Spacial Rend and Hydro Pump respectively (and more accurate too). There aren't Pokemon like Blissey that can wall both of Palkia's STABs in Zekrom's case either. I might give CB a chance for a test, but it's kind of iffy at the moment.

Note all the criticism above applies to Scarf as well. There aren't really many Pokemon that Scarf Zekrom can revenge kill any more (Darkrai is the main one, while MMY has dropped in usage, and you can't revenge the other speed boosters in RP Primal Don and DD Mega Mence). Scarf does have its perks in revenging stuff like Latis and CM Arcs I guess, so I'd probably keep it but note its utility definitely went down with the change from XY -> ORAS.

Empress

Yeah, I'm a bit hesitant on CB at the moment because of precisely this. On the merits of CB Zekrom itself, it's definitely a good set, but the problem is that you have two very powerful that are immune to each of its STABs, which was one reason I didn't approve of Specs Palkia. I get that this problem of Zekrom has been around since XY, but the Groudon of XY (and its Ground-type friends) are different types of animals compared to the P Donner of ORAS (P Donner is the undisputed king of ORAS while the Ground-types of XY were probably collectively not as often used as P Donner is).

However, I wouldn't dismiss CB Zekrom on purely the basis that Specs Palkia was not analysis-worthy. As annoying as getting locked into Outrage is, Bolt Strike and Outrage are both more powerful than Spacial Rend and Hydro Pump respectively (and more accurate too). There aren't Pokemon like Blissey that can wall both of Palkia's STABs in Zekrom's case either. I might give CB a chance for a test, but it's kind of iffy at the moment.

Note all the criticism above applies to Scarf as well. There aren't really many Pokemon that Scarf Zekrom can revenge kill any more (Darkrai is the main one, while MMY has dropped in usage, and you can't revenge the other speed boosters in RP Primal Don and DD Mega Mence). Scarf does have its perks in revenging stuff like Latis and CM Arcs I guess, so I'd probably keep it but note its utility definitely went down with the change from XY -> ORAS.
Sounds fair. How do you think this is looking overall? In the meantime should I drop Band to OO?

PROBLEMS

AHEAD OF HIS TIME
nop keep band set everything here looks fine still works very well in oras. Well written and explained write up great work!

QC 1/3

Saying that Zekrom can "handle" Primal Groudon in the Intro is a bit of a stretch, Groudon despises switching in on both the Life Orb and Band sets but it still wins easy 1-1. Also re: the LO set, Focus Blast doesn't come close to OHKOing Ferrothorn and the odds of it hitting twice in a row are only 49%. Again, I'd replace "eliminate" with a different word ("hits" would be sufficient).

Remove the Sticky Web support mention, Webs are not viable at all right now. Also, SD Arceus-Ground is a good check, when writing your analysis make sure to mention it at least once bc it's the one Ground type that can beat all of Zekrom's sets (barring Scarf that correctly predicts the switch).

QC 2/3 this is certainly ready :)

Empress

Saying that Zekrom can "handle" Primal Groudon in the Intro is a bit of a stretch, Groudon despises switching in on both the Life Orb and Band sets but it still wins easy 1-1. Also re: the LO set, Focus Blast doesn't come close to OHKOing Ferrothorn and the odds of it hitting twice in a row are only 49%. Again, I'd replace "eliminate" with a different word ("hits" would be sufficient).

Remove the Sticky Web support mention, Webs are not viable at all right now. Also, SD Arceus-Ground is a good check, when writing your analysis make sure to mention it at least once bc it's the one Ground type that can beat all of Zekrom's sets (barring Scarf that correctly predicts the switch).

QC 2/3 this is certainly ready :)
Wrote this up!

P-Ogre cannot check P-Don because P-Don can switch, then come back in and make P-Ogre STAB Ineffective, and hit anything that switches in against it for SEVERE PAIN. I wold rather write Scarf Lando-T or, even better than that, SpDef Stallbreaker Gliscor, as it does not need to fear much from P-Don. Also mention Latias / Latios as partners for their ability to soft check P-Don and Defog so Zekrom does not get worn down, seeing it switches very often.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Zekrom can lure in Ground-types and deal with them surprisingly well,
I think this should be changed to "Zekrom can lure in Ground-types and get off much needed damage, either for itself, or for another teammate." - or at least something along the lines of this.
Though Zekrom can deal serious damage to Primal Groudon, the unpredictability of Primal Groudon leaves the Zekrom player guessing the majority of the time.
I think this would be better like "Though Zekrom can deal okay damage to Primal Groudon, the latter's bulk and common Fairy-types being immune to Zekrom Dragon-type STAB make Primal Groudon a tough opponent for Zekrom." This could also be a transition into your immunities statement.

On the Life Orb and Band sets, you could mention mons that love to have Primal Groudon chipped heavily like Xerneas, Mewtwo, CM Arceus formes, Primal Kyogre, and E-killer. Life Orb can also chip Fairy-types heavily if need be (or at least, much easier than the choiced sets), Mega Salamence and Darkceus are just a couple examples of these. This will go in Team Options of course. You actually did this pretty well on the band set.

the rest looks fine, even though i dislike Volt Switch + LO, it has gotten this far, so obviously other QC members see merit in it.

I will give you the 3rd check when this is implemented.

Good work.

Empress

I think this should be changed to "Zekrom can lure in Ground-types and get off much needed damage, either for itself, or for another teammate." - or at least something along the lines of this. I think this would be better like "Though Zekrom can deal okay damage to Primal Groudon, the latter's bulk and common Fairy-types being immune to Zekrom Dragon-type STAB make Primal Groudon a tough opponent for Zekrom." This could also be a transition into your immunities statement.

On the Life Orb and Band sets, you could mention mons that love to have Primal Groudon chipped heavily like Xerneas, Mewtwo, CM Arceus formes, Primal Kyogre, and E-killer. Life Orb can also chip Fairy-types heavily if need be (or at least, much easier than the choiced sets), Mega Salamence and Darkceus are just a couple examples of these. This will go in Team Options of course. You actually did this pretty well on the band set.

the rest looks fine, even though i dislike Volt Switch + LO, it has gotten this far, so obviously other QC members see merit in it.

I will give you the 3rd check when this is implemented.

Good work.
Did these.

shrang

General Kenobi
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
This analysis is too brief. You need to expand on your paragraphs more.

Scarf:
Moves: Fine
Set Details:
- Describe what Scarf Zekrom does please. What is its main function? Put in information on what kind of team Zekrom fits best on.
- What are the benefits drawbacks of using Scarf Zekrom? You really need to outline why someone should use this set.
Usage Tips:
- "Zekrom will be switching in and out often, so don't let it get worn down." - How?
- "Generally, switch it in on a predicted status move, particularly a Thunder Wave." - Really? Thunder Wave is probably the only status I'd want to switch Zekrom on, especially when it doesn't have Sleep Talk. Switching it into Will-O-Wisp sounds like something that would waste your Zekrom pretty much immediately.
Team Options: Fine

LO:
Moves: Fine, just mention that Tailwind also helps your team
Set Details: Again, describe what this set does. Why would you use it? Pros/cons?
Usage Tips:
- "Because Zekrom is not locked into a move, Outrage is much more spammable than usual, as Zekrom can Volt Switch out of an unfavorable matchup or simply dent the foe with a powerful Bolt Strike." - Maybe just a wording issue here, but getting locked into Outrage happens regardless of whether you're Choiced or not.
- "Be sure to lure and kill opposing Ground-types before pivoting around with Volt Switch." - Does it matter that you're Volt Switching onto a Ground with this set? I mean, you're just going to Draco Meteor/Outrage it anyway, aren't you?
Team Options:
- Fine

CB:
Moves: Fine
Set Details: Again, describe what this set does. Why would you use it? Pros/cons?
Usage Tips: Add how you can maximise your chances of killing things with CB Zekrom. Add examples like bringing it in on slower Pokemon that you can easily force out like Blissey/Gira-O/Kyogre, etc
Team Options: Fine

OO:
- Fine

Counters:
- Add Gliscor and Hippowdon to the list of Ground-types

Something extra: IIRC Fireburn was talking about a Hone Claws set with Shuca Berry to lure out and smack Primal Groudon with. It also happens to be a decent check to Mega Mence. Maybe try it out? You could probably talk to Fireburn about it.

Fix these and I'll approve.

Freeroamer

I took the team that Fireburn posted with Shuca Zekrom for a spin and it was actually pretty fun, it definitely needs a mention somewhere, I'm not sure whether it's worthy of a main set but it does fit the meta reasonably well.

EDIT: Also you're missing Ferro in c&c which is probably one of first things I'd turn to if I was looking for a dedicated Zekrom answer.

Inspirited

There is usually higher ground.
is a Contributor Alumnus
Mention an alternate spread for Life Orb of 160 Atk / 96 SpA / 252 Spe for when using Focus Blast for 2HKOing Ferrothorn. Do this in set details of course.

We can add in the HC Shuca set later in another thread if need be, but getting this through should be priority right now imo.

QC 3/3

Zekrom is a force to be reckoned with in the Ubers metagame, as it possesses an excellent STAB combination along with high BP moves and a great Attack. Immunity to paralysis makes it an excellent revenge killer along with a Choice Scarf. Zekrom can lure in Ground-types and get off much needed damage, either for itself, or for another teammate, while simultaneously forcing out nearly all Flying- and Water-types. Unfortunately, Zekrom is one of many Pokemon that has struggles struggle against the ubiquitous Primal Groudon. Though Zekrom can deal okay damage to Primal Groudon, the latter's bulk and common Fairy-types being immune to Zekrom Dragon-type STAB attacks make Primal Groudon a tough opponent for Zekrom. Moreover, because both Electric- and Dragon-types have types that are immune to them, Zekrom has trouble spamming its most powerful moves. Base 90 Speed is also not good enough, as and Zekrom needs a Choice Scarf to out-speed important threats such as Arceus, Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo. Zekrom's viability may have taken a hit in the transition to ORAS, but it remains an excellent wallbreaker and should always be considered for an offensive team.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Bolt Strike demolishes anything that isn't a Ground-type, while Outrage hits Pokemon that resist or are immune to Bolt Strike such as Grass Arceus and Landorus-T, and gives Zekrom a fighting chance against offensive variants of Primal Groudon. Draco Meteor hits physically defensive Ground-types such as Gliscor, and Volt Switch allows Zekrom to maintain momentum for its team while simultaneously inflicting decent damage.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed is necessary for Zekrom to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. A Naughty nature is preferred over Naive in order to 2HKO Electric-type Arceus' neutral, bulky variants of Arceus with Bolt Strike. Teravolt is useful for dealing serious damage to Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

This set is typically used on offensive teams that desire both a revenge killer and a dedicated late-game cleaner, as well as the ability to outspeed common threats such as Latios, Latias, and Extreme Killer Arceus. Zekrom will be switching in and out often, so don't let it get worn down by repeated attacks and passive damage. Generally,(AC) Zekrom should only enter the battlefield on a free switch or on a predicted Thunder Wave. When in doubt, scout with Volt Switch, but don't abuse it because Ground-types can block it completely. As all of Zekrom's moves have common immunities, hence,(AC) prediction is very important in order to conserve momentum for your team. Predicting incorrectly and renders you will be unable to land a kill, thus forcing you to start over.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support will turn some of Zekrom's 2HKOes into OHKOes, particularly against Lugia, Skarmory, and defensive variants of Yveltal. Landorus-T and Gliscor are two Stealth Rock users that who can also absorb Ground-type attacks for Zekrom. Primal Kyogre takes on the Ground-types that give Zekrom a hard time in Ubers, particularly Primal Groudon. Ho-Oh also has great defensive synergy with Zekrom due to its massive Special Defense, resistances to Fairy- and Grass-type moves, and an immunity to Ground-type moves. Mega Gengar can switch in on Ground-type moves thanks to Levitate before it Mega Evolves and can trap and kill most other threats to Zekrom such as Xerneas. Zekrom also forms a great VoltTurn core with Mega Scizor, which who can be switched into a matchup against Xerneas or Mega Diancie.

Life Orb
########

Moves
========

Bolt Strike is an incredibly powerful STAB attack that plows through anything that it hits neutrally. Outrage is the best choice for a secondary STAB attack, hitting the Grass-, Dragon- and Ground- types such as Grass Arceus, Kyurem-W, and Landorus-T,(AC) which have no trouble taking a Bolt Strike. Alternatively, Dragon Claw can be used if Outrage's move-locking and confusion are unappealing, though Zekrom usually prefers Outrage's power. Volt Switch is the best option in the fourth slot to help Zekrom pivot around and maintain momentum for its team. Tailwind can act as a pseudo-Agility and help Zekrom outspeed the entire unboosted metagame while giving its teammates a temporary Speed boost. Focus Blast can be used instead if your team struggles against Ferrothorn.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed is necessary for Zekrom to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. A Naughty nature is preferred over Naive because Zekrom finds maximum Attack to be more useful than maximum Speed. Teravolt is useful to OHKO Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

The one-two punch of Draco Meteor and Outrage is a great way to lure and kill most Ground-types, including Primal Groudon. Because Zekrom is not locked into a move, its attacks are much more spammable than usual, as Zekrom can Volt Switch out of an unfavorable matchup as long as the foe is not Ground-type. If running Tailwind, use it on a predicted switch, when Zekrom is about to be KOed, or when facing a foe that who does not threaten Zekrom. Be sure to lure and KO opposing Ground-types that attempt to block Volt Switch. After the opponent has lost their Ground-types, use Volt Switch primarily on predicted switch-ins.

Team Options
========

Zekrom appreciates entry(Hyphen) hazard support in order to help it sweep opposing teams more easily. Setters such as Landorus-T, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Gliscor can not only set up entry-hazards but also take on the Ground-types that give Zekrom trouble. Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre have great defensive and offensive synergy,(RC) respectively, with Zekrom, and appreciate Tailwind support to alleviate their low-ish Speed stats. If running Volt Switch, Zekrom forms a good VoltTurn core with Scizor, which can deal with the Fairy-types,(AC) that block Zekrom's Outrage. Pokemon which lose to Primal Groudon one-on-one, such as Xerneas, Mewtwo, and Extreme Killer Arceus, enjoy having Zekrom use Outrage to heavily damage Primal Groudon. Fairy-weak Pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Dark Arceus appreciate Zekrom's ability to dent Fairy-types with Bolt Strike as well.

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

Bolt Strike is a very spammable STAB move that 2HKOes nearly everything that it hits neutrally. Outrage is Zekrom's second best bet against Pokemon that it cannot 2HKO with Bolt Strike such as defensive Dialga. Dragon Claw is noticeably weaker than Outrage, but it does not prevent Zekrom from switching, so it can be more easily spammed in the presence of Fairy-types such as Xerneas. Volt Switch maintains momentum, allowing Zekrom to pivot out of a predicted switch or a bad match-up.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed make Zekrom hit as hard and as quickly as possible. An Adamant nature is preferred to boost Zekrom's Attack and not lower its defenses, though Naughty can be used if you do not wish to lower the power of Volt Switch. Teravolt allows Zekrom's Bolt Strike to OHKO Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

This set has the role of an extremely powerful wallbreaker, denting the defensive Pokemon that hyper offense teams struggle against. Because Ground- and Fairy-types stop Zekrom cold, you can't be reckless with this set despite its sheer power. Expert prediction is absolutely required to ensure Zekrom can break through opposing walls. Conversely, if your have eliminated your opponent's Fairy- and Ground-types Pokemon, feel free to spam Outrage and Bolt Strike. To maximize your chances of landing a KO with Zekrom, bring it in against a slower Pokemon that it forces out, particularly Primal Kyogre, Giratina-O, or Blissey, then use prediction to hit the switch-in with the proper STAB attack.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that appreciate the removal of Zekrom's usual checks make good partners. For example, Giratina-O and Blaziken enjoy having Xerneas and Primal Groudon defeated, respectively. Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre have great defensive and offensive synergy, respectively, with Zekrom, so both can take on the walls that Zekrom struggles against, with such as Ferrothorn and Ground Arceus Arceus-Ground. A Ground-type immune Stealth Rock user,(AC) such as Landorus-T, Skarmory, or Gliscor can take Ground-type attacks aimed at Zekrom and wear down opposing walls, making it easier for Zekrom to break them. A pivot such as Genesect or Mega Scizor can form a VoltTurn core with Zekrom and get it in on the battlefield unscathed.

Other Options
########

Sleep Talk allows Zekrom to switch into Darkrai and Smeargle easily, and subsequently annihilate them with any move that Sleep Talk selects. Earth Power 2HKOes most variants of Primal Groudon on the switch, but it requires prediction and significant Special Attack investment to use. Magnet Rise can be used on a predicted switch in order to make Zekrom immune to Ground-type moves. Fusion Bolt is an alternative STAB attack with perfect accuracy, but it is significantly less powerful than Bolt Strike and cannot paralyze the foe. Substitute with Hone Claws gives Zekrom a way to boost its Attack stat. In combination with Shuca Berry, Hone Claws also allows Zekrom to act as a great lure to Primal Groudon and a check to Mega Salamence.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ferrothorn**: Aside from the occasional Focus Blast, Ferrothorn resists all of Zekrom's moves and walls it to no end.

**Ground-types**: Ground-types such as Primal Groudon, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Ground Arceus Arceus-Ground all prevent Zekrom from safely using Bolt Strike. However, most Ground-types, even Primal Groudon, struggle to switch into Zekrom's Dragon-type attacks. The exception is Ground Arceus Arceus Ground, which beats all of Zekrom's sets, save for except the Choice Scarf set if the Zekrom player predicts correctly.

**Fairy-types**: Xerneas, Mega Diancie, and Fairy Arceus Arceus-Fairy all block Zekrom's Dragon-type moves and OHKO it back with a STAB attack. However, none of them can switch into a Choice Scarf Bolt Strike, especially if entry hazards are up.

**Fast Dragon-types**: Kyurem-W, Palkia, Latios, and Latias all outspeed non-Choice Scarf Zekrom and OHKO it with their Dragon-type STAB moves.

**Deoxys-A**: Deoxys-A outspeeds even Choice Scarf Zekrom and OHKOes Zekrom with Psycho Boost or, the less commonly, Ice Beam.

Hope I've done a good job and please forgive me for any inadvertent mistakes. Active GP members, please go through this..

Winry

Super Graduate-Level Napper
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I am going over darkstar56182's amcheck, though my corrections are bolded and my colors are:
add/correct remove comments [most of these will be for darkstar56182]
Zekrom is a force to be reckoned with in the Ubers metagame, as it possesses an excellent STAB combination along with high BP Base Power [BP = abbreviation] moves and a great Attack stat. Immunity to paralysis makes it an excellent revenge killer along with a Choice Scarf. Zekrom can lure in Ground-types and deal get off much needed ["get off damage" sounds awkward] damage, either for itself, [rc] or for another teammate, [rc; a comma before "while" makes it work as "whereas"] while simultaneously forcing out nearly all Flying- and Water-types. Unfortunately, Zekrom is one of many Pokemon that has struggles struggles [replace Zekrom with it to see why- "it struggles" not "it struggle"] against the ubiquitous Primal Groudon. Though Zekrom can deal okay damage to Primal Groudon, the latter's bulk and common Fairy-types being immune to Zekrom Dragon-type STAB attacks [er... the underlined/italicized part relates to Primal Groudon?] make Primal Groudon a tough opponent for Zekrom. Moreover, Zekrom cannot spam its STAB attacks because because both many common Electric- [hyphen] and Dragon-type Pokemon have types that are immune to them, [rc] Zekrom has trouble spamming its most powerful moves. Base 90 Speed is also not good enough, as and [keep it how it was before because it explains why it needs a Scarf] Zekrom needs a Choice Scarf to outspeed [don't hyphenate] important threats such as Arceus, Latios, Latias, and Mewtwo. Zekrom's viability may have taken a hit in the transition to ORAS, but it remains an excellent wallbreaker and should always be considered for an offensive team.

Choice Scarf
########

Moves
========

Bolt Strike demolishes anything that isn't a Ground-type, and while Outrage hits Pokemon that resist or are immune to Bolt Strike such as Grass Arceus and Landorus-T, [rc; if there's a comma before and the remaining part needs a subject such as "it"] and gives Zekrom a fighting chance against offensive variants of Primal Groudon. Draco Meteor hits physically defensive Ground-types such as Gliscor, and Volt Switch allows Zekrom to maintain momentum for its team while simultaneously inflicting decent damage.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed is necessary for Zekrom to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. A Naughty nature is preferred over Naive in order to 2HKO Electric-type Arceus' [hyphen the "Electric-neutral" but don't add "type Arceus" for reasons explained next] neutral, bulky variants of Arceus [don't remove this because original isn't just referring to Electric Arceus] with Bolt Strike. Teravolt is useful for dealing serious damage to Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

This set is typically used on offensive teams that desire both a revenge killer and a dedicated late-game cleaner, as well as a Pokemon that has the ability to outspeed common threats such as Latios, Latias, and Extreme Killer Arceus. Zekrom will be switching in and out often, so don't let it get worn down by repeated attacks and passive damage. Generally,(AC) Zekrom should only enter the battlefield on a free switch or on a predicted Thunder Wave. When in doubt, scout with Volt Switch, but don't abuse it because Ground-types can block it completely. As all of Zekrom's moves have common immunities, hence,(AC) [unnecessary change] prediction is very important in order to conserve momentum for your team. Predicting [unnecessary] incorrectly and renders [unnecessary] you Zekrom will be [keep "will be"] unable to effectively deal damage land a kill, thus forcing you to start over.

Team Options
========

Stealth Rock support will turn some of Zekrom's 2HKOs into OHKOs, [only spell with "e" if it's being used as a verb] particularly against Lugia, Skarmory, and defensive variants of Yveltal. Landorus-T and Gliscor are two Stealth Rock users that who [keep "that" - we don't use "who" because Pokemon aren't people] can also absorb Ground-type attacks for Zekrom. Primal Kyogre takes on the Ground-types that give Zekrom a hard time in Ubers, particularly Primal Groudon. Ho-Oh also has great defensive synergy with Zekrom due to its massive Special Defense, resistances to Fairy- and Grass-type moves, and an [don't add because there was already "its" before the list, so it works by saying "its immunity"] immunity to Ground-type moves. Mega Gengar can switch in on Ground-type moves thanks to Levitate before it Mega Evolves and can trap and kill KO [aren't killed, they're KOed] most other threats to Zekrom such as Xerneas. Zekrom also forms a great VoltTurn core with Mega Scizor, which who [keep which] can be switched into a matchup against Xerneas or Mega Diancie.

Life Orb
########

Moves
========

Bolt Strike is an incredibly powerful STAB attack that plows through anything that it hits neutrally. Outrage is the best choice for a secondary STAB attack, hitting the Grass-, Dragon- and Ground- types such as Grass Arceus, Kyurem-W, and Landorus-T,(AC) respectively, [ac] which have no trouble taking a Bolt Strike. Alternatively, Dragon Claw can be used if Zekrom does not wished to be locked into Outrage's move-locking and confused confusion are unappealing, though Zekrom usually prefers Outrage's power. Volt Switch is the best option in the fourth slot to help Zekrom pivot around and maintain momentum for its team. Tailwind can act as a pseudo-Agility and help Zekrom outspeed the entire unboosted metagame while giving its teammates a temporary Speed boost. However, [ac] Focus Blast can be used instead if your team struggles against Ferrothorn.

Set Details
========

Maximum investment in Attack and Speed is necessary for Zekrom to hit as hard and as quickly as possible. A Naughty nature is preferred over Naive because Zekrom finds maximum Attack to be more useful than maximum Speed. Teravolt is useful to OHKO Lugia through Multiscale.

Usage Tips
========

The one-two punch of Draco Meteor and Outrage is a great way to lure and kill KO most Ground-types, including Primal Groudon. Because Zekrom is not locked into a move, its attacks are much more spammable than usual, as Zekrom can Volt Switch out of an unfavorable matchup as long as the foe is not a Ground-type. If running Tailwind, use it on a predicted switch, [rc] when Zekrom is about to be KOed, or when facing a foe that who [keep "that"] does not threaten Zekrom. Be sure to lure and KO opposing Ground-types that attempt to block Volt Switch. After the opponent has lost their Ground-types, use Volt Switch primarily on predicted switch-ins.

Team Options
========

Zekrom appreciates entry(Hyphen) [don't hyphen] hazard support in order to help it sweep opposing teams more easily. Setters such as Landorus-T, Skarmory, Ferrothorn, and Gliscor can not only set up entry-[remove hyphen] hazards but also take on the [keep "the"] Ground-types that give Zekrom trouble. Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre have great defensive and offensive synergy,(RC) [it's OK to keep comma] respectively, with Zekrom, [rc] and appreciate Tailwind support to alleviate their low-ish Speed stats. If running Volt Switch, Zekrom forms a good VoltTurn core with Scizor, which can deal with the Fairy-types,(AC) [don't add comma] that block Zekrom's Outrage. Pokemon that which lose to Primal Groudon one-on-one, such as Xerneas, Mewtwo, and Extreme Killer Arceus, enjoy having Zekrom use Outrage to heavily damage Primal Groudon. Fairy-weak Pokemon such as Mega Salamence and Dark Arceus appreciate Zekrom's ability to dent Fairy-types with Bolt Strike as well.

Choice Band
########

Moves
========

Bolt Strike is a very spammable STAB move that 2HKOes nearly everything that it hits neutrally. Outrage is Zekrom's second best bet against Pokemon that it cannot 2HKO with Bolt Strike, [ac] such as defensive Dialga. Dragon Claw is noticeably weaker than Outrage, but it does not prevent Zekrom from switching, so it can be more easily spammed in the presence of Fairy-types such as Xerneas. Volt Switch maintains momentum, allowing Zekrom to pivot out of a predicted switch or a bad matchup [don't hyphenate].

Set Details
========

Usage Tips
========

This set has the role of an extremely powerful wallbreaker, denting the defensive Pokemon that hyper offense teams struggle against. Because Ground- and Fairy-types stop Zekrom cold, you can't be reckless with this set despite its sheer power. Expert prediction is absolutely required to ensure Zekrom can break through opposing walls. Conversely, if you [keep "you" not "your"] have eliminated your opponent's Fairy- and Ground-types Pokemon, [you can say "Fairy- and Ground-types" or "Fairy- and Ground-type Pokemon" -- either is OK] feel free to spam Outrage and Bolt Strike. To maximize your chances of landing a KO with Zekrom, bring it in against a slower Pokemon that it forces out, particularly Primal Kyogre, Giratina-O, or Blissey, then use prediction to hit the switch-in with the proper STAB attack.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that appreciate the removal of Zekrom's usual checks make for [add this because they don't literally make them, they are the partners] good partners. For example, Giratina-O and Blaziken enjoy having Xerneas and Primal Groudon defeated, respectively. Ho-Oh and Primal Kyogre have great defensive and offensive synergy, [can keep this comma imo] respectively, with Zekrom, so both can take on the walls that Zekrom struggles against, with such as Ferrothorn and Ground Arceus Arceus-Ground. [Ground Arceus is preferred over Arceus-Ground] A Ground-type [don't add this because it's not a Ground-type Pokemon, but a Pokemon immune to the type Ground] immune Stealth Rock user,(AC) [if you add a comma before "such as" you need to add one after the list as well] such as Landorus-T, Skarmory, or Gliscor can take Ground-type attacks aimed at Zekrom and wear down opposing walls, making it easier for Zekrom to break them. A pivot such as Genesect or Mega Scizor can form a VoltTurn core with Zekrom and get it in ["in on" sounds a bit awkward, so just keep "get it on the battlefield"] on the battlefield unscathed.

Other Options
########

Sleep Talk allows Zekrom to switch into Darkrai and Smeargle easily, [rc] and subsequently annihilate them with any move that Sleep Talk selects. Earth Power 2HKOes most variants of Primal Groudon on the switch, but it requires prediction and significant Special Attack investment to use. Magnet Rise can be used on a predicted switch in order to make Zekrom immune to Ground-type moves. Fusion Bolt is an alternative STAB attack with perfect accuracy, but it is significantly less powerful than Bolt Strike and cannot paralyze the foe. Substitute with Hone Claws gives Zekrom a way to boost its Attack stat. In combination with Shuca Berry, Hone Claws also allows Zekrom to act as a great lure to Primal Groudon and a check to Mega Salamence.

Checks & Counters
########

**Ground-types**: Ground-types such as Primal Groudon, Landorus-T, Excadrill, Gliscor, Hippowdon, and Ground Arceus Arceus-Ground [keep Ground Arceus] all prevent Zekrom from safely using Bolt Strike. However, most Ground-types, even Primal Groudon, struggle to switch into Zekrom's Dragon-type attacks. The exception is Ground Arceus Arceus Ground, [keep Ground Arceus but add comma after it] which beats all of Zekrom's sets, save for except [the way this part was before was fine] the Choice Scarf set if the Zekrom player [keep "the Zekrom player" because Zekrom isn't predicting, the player is] predicts correctly.

**Fairy-types**: Xerneas, Mega Diancie, and Fairy Arceus Arceus-Fairy [use Fairy Arceus] all block Zekrom's Dragon-type moves and OHKO it back with a STAB attack. However, none of them can switch into a Choice Scarf Bolt Strike, especially if entry hazards are set up.

**Deoxys-A**: Deoxys-A outspeeds even Choice Scarf Zekrom and OHKOes Zekrom with Psycho Boost or, the less commonly, Ice Beam
1/2
Be sure to PM me if you have any questions, darkstar56182! I tried to be helpful in my comments but if you are confused feel free to ask :]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)