UU Zoroark

QC: IronBullet93 / dodmen / Hikari
GP: P Squared / Psywaves

Overview
########

Zoroark has a decent signature ability in Illusion, which allows it to play mind games with opponents, though Zoroark's frailty limits its usability. Zoroark also has great mixed offenses and a decent movepool with moves such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. Furthermore, Zoroark has a good Speed tier which allows it to outspeed and beat Pokemon such as Chandelure. However, Zoroark is quite frail, meaning it can easily be revenge killed, and it is also more or less walled and beaten by common Fighting- and Fairy-types. Furthermore, Zoroark faces competition from Hydreigon and Mega Houndoom as a mixed attacker, as they have better movepools and superior offenses, though Zoroark has higher Speed and access to Illusion. As a physical attacker, Zoroark faces competition from Mega Absol, which has better coverage and power; however, Zoroark's niche lies in Illusion and the fact that it does not take up a Mega slot.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1: Dark Pulse / Night Daze
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Trick
move 4: Flamethrower / Grass Knot
ability: Illusion
item: Choice Specs
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========

Dark Pulse is Zoroark's preferred STAB move because of its 100% accuracy and chance to make its target flinch, and unlike Night Daze, it doesn't reveal Zoroark's identity. However, Night Daze has more power and a good chance to drop its target's accuracy, though it ruins Zoroark's disguise. Focus Blast has great power and excellent coverage, allowing Zoroark to hit opposing Dark-types, which resist its STAB moves. Trick cripples defensive Pokemon, leaving them locked into a single move. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon quite hard, most notably Mega Swampert, Suicune, and Milotic. Flamethrower has decent power and coverage and hits Chesnaught, Forretress, and Roserade harder than Zoroark's other moves.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise itself as a teammate and trick opponents. Choice Specs gives an additional boost to Zoroark's Special Attack but locks it into a single move. Maximum Special Attack investment lets Zoroark hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed base 100s such as Shaymin and Speed tie with base 105s such as Mienshao.

Usage Tips
========

When selecting the team order, try to select a Pokemon that has good type synergy with Zoroark in the last slot; this way, the opponent can be tricked into hitting Zoroark with a not very effective attack, giving Zoroark a free turn to attack the foe. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to cripple entry hazard setters with Trick. Trick can also be used to cripple a defensive Pokemon by locking it into a single move; for example, if the foe goes for Toxic, it will be locked into the move and forced to switch. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow U-turn or Volt Switch is good, as it is too frail to switch in on its own and does not want its Illusion to be broken immediately.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that beat the Fighting-types that threaten Zoroark, such as Florges and Crobat, make for good partners. Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types for Zoroark, such as Nidoqueen, Crobat, and Mega Aggron, are also good choices. Pokemon that share good typing synergy and moves with Zoroark, such as Infernape, are useful to take advantage of Illusion. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Empoleon and Nidoqueen is appreciated in order to KO foes with more ease. Pokemon that can bring in Zoroark with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, such as Forretress, are good teammates as well.

Swords Dance
########
name: Swords Dance
move 1: Swords Dance
move 2: Sucker Punch
move 3: Knock Off
move 4: Low Kick / Return
item: Focus Sash / Life Orb
evs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Adamant / Jolly

Moves
========

Swords Dance is Zoroark's boosting move, allowing it to boost its Attack to an insane level. Sucker Punch is a STAB attack with priority, letting Zoroark hit foes that would normally outspeed it. Knock Off is usually more powerful than Sucker Punch and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Low Kick has great coverage and allows Zoroark to hit Mega Aggron, Empoleon, and Snorlax for super effective damage. Return has decent Base Power and lets Zoroark hit Fairy-types neutrally, which it can't do without it.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise itself as the last teammate in your party and trick opponents. Focus Sash ensures Zoroark can get a Swords Dance when at full health and allows it to play riskier by being able to hit with at least two attacks. Life Orb is a secondary option for an item for more raw power. Maximized Attack EVs are backed by an Adamant nature to ensure that Zoroark can KO Shaymin after Stealth Rock at +2 and have a chance to OHKO Krookodile at +1 . A Jolly nature can be used instead to outspeed maximum Speed Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Usage Tips
========

Use Sucker Punch to pick off weakened Pokemon. Use Swords Dance on a forced switch or when you predict that the foe will use a not very effective attack because of Illusion. If you're unsure what to do, use Knock Off; it does good damage and most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow Volt Switch or Baton Pass is a good idea; this way, Illusion and Focus Sash will stay intact.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can reliably take care of Fairy-types that wall this set, such as Nidoqueen, Mega Aggron, and Tentacruel, make for good partners. Physical wallbreakers such as Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Haxorus are good choices because of their ability to break through physical walls. Zoroark itself is a good wallbreaker for these teammates. Pokemon that can beat Fighting-types, such as Florges and Crobat, are good partners; the former can also provide Wish support to keep Zoroark healthy. Pokemon that have good type synergy with Zoroark, such as Weezing, are excellent partners too because they let Zoroark trick opponents with Illusion better. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Forretress, and Roserade is appreciated to give Zoroark an easier time KOing foes. Entry hazard removal from Pokemon such as Crobat and Mega Blastoise is good for Zoroark too, as hazards will break its Focus Sash. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Umbreon are great teammates, as Zoroark will not like to switch in on its own.

Nasty Plot
########
name: Nasty Plot
move 1: Nasty Plot
move 2: Dark Pulse
move 3: Focus Blast
item: Life Orb

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Zoroark's Special Attack to massive levels. Dark Pulse is a STAB attack and is preferred over Night Daze for its accuracy, as the power difference doesn't matter here. Focus Blast has great Base Power and excellent coverage alongside Dark Pulse. Flamethrower can be used in the last slot to hit Chesnaught and other Grass-types harder, as well as several other Pokemon. Grass Knot can hit heavy targets such as Mega Swampert and Rhyperior quite hard and thus is an option too.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to trick opponents by disguising itself as a teammate. Life Orb gives a power boost to each of Zoroark's damaging attacks, making them even more powerful. Maximized Special Attack increases Zoroark's damage output, and the Speed EVs along with a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed maximum Speed base 100s such as Entei and Flygon.

Usage Tips
========

Select Pokemon that have good synergy with Zoroark, such as Weezing or Lucario, in the last slot to let Zoroark benefit the most from its Illusion ability. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to set up on entry hazard setters. Nasty Plot should be used on a forced switch, as it will allow Zoroark to sweep. Zoroark should be brought in with a slow momentum-gaining move such as U-turn or Volt Switch, as it doesn't like taking an attack while switching in.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that have good synergy with Zoroark allow for optimal use of Illusion, so they're good teammates. Weezing stands out, as it has perfect typing synergy with Zoroark. Zoroark is walled by Fairy-types, so Pokemon that beat them, such as Toxicroak and Mega Aggron, are excellent choices as well. Fighting-types such as Mienshao threaten Zoroark, so checks or counters to them, such as Florges and Alakazam, are nice teammates. Special attackers that can't set up on their own, such as Raikou and Shaymin, can take advantage of Zoroark breaking through special walls, so they are generally good partners. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Forretress is excellent to give Zoroark an easier time KOing foes. Entry hazards on your side limit Zoroark's longevity every time it switches in, so a teammate that can remove them, such as Flygon, is good. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress are good, as they can provide a safe switch in for Zoroark.

Mixed Attacker
########
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Sucker Punch
move 2: Knock Off
move 3: Low Kick
evs: 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe
nature: Naive

Moves
========

Sucker Punch is a priority move that packs good power and is boosted by STAB. Knock Off is a powerful attack that has the utility of removing foes' items. Low Kick heavily damages Pokemon such as Blissey, Snorlax, and Hydreigon, which would otherwise wall this set. Flamethrower hits several Pokemon for super effective damage. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon very hard and has decent coverage, but it can be very weak against lightweight foes.

Set Details
========

Illusion can help Zoroark trick opposing players by disguising it as one of its teammates. Life Orb gives a boost to all of Zoroark's damaging attacks. The given spread boosts Zoroark's offenses and allows it to OHKO Mega Swampert and Rhyperior with Grass Knot. The Speed EVs are furthered by a Naive nature, allowing Zoroark to outrun maximum Speed base 100s such as Shaymin and Entei.

Usage Tips
========

This Zoroark can be used as a revenge killer because of its good offensive stats and Speed. It's useful to disguise Zoroark as a teammate with the same move choices and preferably good typing to optimize Illusion's use. Use Knock Off if unsure what the foe's going to do, because most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Zoroark can also come in to pick off a weakened Pokemon with Sucker Punch after a teammate has fainted.

Team Options
========

Pokemon with the same movepool options or good typing synergy are good partners for Zoroark. Pokemon that beat the Fighting-types that can easily beat Zoroark, such as Noivern and Florges, are nice teammates. Fairy-types threaten this set, so Poison- or Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, and Escavalier are good choices. Entry hazard removal is useful for keeping Zoroark healthy, as it cannot recover the damage taken. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Vaporeon can grant Zoroark a safe switch in, which is good.

Other Options
########

U-turn can be used to let Zoroark gain momentum and switch out of its checks and counters, but it forces Zoroark to miss out on a coverage move. Taunt can cripple defensive Pokemon but is better used by bulkier Pokemon such as Crobat. An anti-lead set with Focus Sash and moves such as Counter can be used, but it is waste of Zoroark's excellent offensive stats. Pursuit can be used to trap opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types, but Zoroark lacks room for it and it isn't really powerful. Extrasensory is an option to hit Fighting-types for super effective damage, but it lacks power and good coverage. Lastly, Memento can be an option to give setup sweepers an easier time setting up, but this wastes Zoroark's offensive potential.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Aromatisse, and Whimsicott can take Zoroark's hits and beat it with a STAB attack. Whimsicott has to be wary of Flamethrower, however.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Machamp can easily take out Zoroark with a powerful STAB attack.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: Faster offensive Pokemon such as Crobat and Speed Boost Yanmega can outspeed Zoroark and beat it.

**Priority Attacks**: Because of Zoroark's pitiful bulk, any powerful priority attack, such as Lucario's Extreme Speed, can beat Zoroark.

Last edited:

Adamant Zoroark

catchy catchphrase
is a Contributor Alumnus
It should probably be mentioned in set details why Night Daze isn't slashed on the Nasty Plot set (that is, the extra power from Night Daze really doesn't matter when you're at +2 and stuff.) It's not huge or anything, but someone reading the analysis might wonder why Night Daze isn't on the set after seeing it as the first slash on the Specs set.

(I will be focusing primarily on the Swords Dance set from here on out as it's the set I'm most experienced with)

In my experience, positive-nature Hydreigon and Krookodile* are the most major threats you beat by running Jolly that you do not beat by running Adamant (Haxorus would fit here too, but if it's weakened just slightly - see: stealth rock - +2 Sucker Punch does it in.)

* - side note: Jolly Focus Sash has a <20% chance to OHKO Intimidate variants of Krookodile with a +1 Low Kick - with Stealth Rock. If your Focus Sash is not intact, you're probably losing anyway.

Going through the list of UU Pokemon, here's what I gathered regarding other Pokemon Zoroark outspeeds with Jolly but not with Adamant:

Weak to Sucker Punch

Jirachi
Celebi

Always Scarfed

Flygon

Never runs +speed Nature

Entei

None of the above but you still win anyway

Shaymin (+2 Adamant Sucker Punch OHKOes after Stealth Rock)

Personally speaking, I'd run an Adamant Nature unless I absolutely needed Zoroark to muscle past +speed Nature non-Scarf Hydreigon and Krookodile. In the case of Jirachi and Celebi, if they're offensive sets, you just smack them with Sucker Punch. (You'll probably be able to tell if they're offensive or defensive based on the structure of the opponent's team) If they're defensive sets, you outspeed anyway because there's an exactly 0% chance that they're running a +speed Nature, and so you can just smack them with Knock Off and be done with it. Generally, when I'm running Adamant Zoroark (perfectly valid excuse to jokingly tag myself) I use Illusion to force a switch so I can set up to +2 and keep the Focus Sash intact - that way, I can take a hit from something like Hydreigon and beat it. Granted, Jolly still has its uses, especially if a) You're not using Focus Sash, and b) even if you are using Focus Sash, said "use of Illusion to set up" isn't always successful. I'd argue that Adamant should be the first slash since Speed doesn't matter as much since you have priority (that, and 105 base Attack could really use a +Attack Nature) but it's definitely at the very least slash-worthy. On another note, Hydreigon and Krookodile should probably be the main Pokemon mentioned when regarding stuff you beat with Jolly but not with Adamant, rather than Jirachi since you beat it regardless of what nature you run (and it's especially not a good example since offensively oriented Jirachi tend to carry Choice Scarf.)

Other notes:

You should give the reader a reason to want to use SD Zoroark over, say, Mega Absol - namely, a) Illusion, b) doesn't occupy Mega slot, and the last point is especially relevant since we got new Megas in ORAS like Mega Beedrill, Mega Swampert, and Mega Pidgeot. It's not as important to mention this for Nasty Plot because fucking nothing gets Nasty Plot anyway, but SD Zoroark will inevitably be compared to Mega Absol (which I believe is the reason it didn't get a set in the old analysis) so it's good to mention what it has over Mega Absol

Should Mixed Attacker even get a set? I mentioned that in my old thread when I was the one working on this analysis, but it wasn't really discussed much. Illusion is, as usual, what would give it a niche over other mixed attackers, but... It's just really, really weak. But, if QC decides on it to stay, I really think it should at the very least have a Fighting-type move slashed somewhere - how else are you doing much damage to Snorlax, Umbreon, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, and Hydreigon?

It should probably be mentioned in set details why Night Daze isn't slashed on the Nasty Plot set (that is, the extra power from Night Daze really doesn't matter when you're at +2 and stuff.) It's not huge or anything, but someone reading the analysis might wonder why Night Daze isn't on the set after seeing it as the first slash on the Specs set.

(I will be focusing primarily on the Swords Dance set from here on out as it's the set I'm most experienced with)

In my experience, positive-nature Hydreigon and Krookodile* are the most major threats you beat by running Jolly that you do not beat by running Adamant (Haxorus would fit here too, but if it's weakened just slightly - see: stealth rock - +2 Sucker Punch does it in.)

* - side note: Jolly Focus Sash has a <20% chance to OHKO Intimidate variants of Krookodile with a +1 Low Kick - with Stealth Rock. If your Focus Sash is not intact, you're probably losing anyway.

Going through the list of UU Pokemon, here's what I gathered regarding other Pokemon Zoroark outspeeds with Jolly but not with Adamant:

Weak to Sucker Punch

Jirachi
Celebi

Always Scarfed

Flygon

Never runs +speed Nature

Entei

None of the above but you still win anyway

Shaymin (+2 Adamant Sucker Punch OHKOes after Stealth Rock)

Personally speaking, I'd run an Adamant Nature unless I absolutely needed Zoroark to muscle past +speed Nature non-Scarf Hydreigon and Krookodile. In the case of Jirachi and Celebi, if they're offensive sets, you just smack them with Sucker Punch. (You'll probably be able to tell if they're offensive or defensive based on the structure of the opponent's team) If they're defensive sets, you outspeed anyway because there's an exactly 0% chance that they're running a +speed Nature, and so you can just smack them with Knock Off and be done with it. Generally, when I'm running Adamant Zoroark (perfectly valid excuse to jokingly tag myself) I use Illusion to force a switch so I can set up to +2 and keep the Focus Sash intact - that way, I can take a hit from something like Hydreigon and beat it. Granted, Jolly still has its uses, especially if a) You're not using Focus Sash, and b) even if you are using Focus Sash, said "use of Illusion to set up" isn't always successful. I'd argue that Adamant should be the first slash since Speed doesn't matter as much since you have priority (that, and 105 base Attack could really use a +Attack Nature) but it's definitely at the very least slash-worthy. On another note, Hydreigon and Krookodile should probably be the main Pokemon mentioned when regarding stuff you beat with Jolly but not with Adamant, rather than Jirachi since you beat it regardless of what nature you run (and it's especially not a good example since offensively oriented Jirachi tend to carry Choice Scarf.)

Other notes:

You should give the reader a reason to want to use SD Zoroark over, say, Mega Absol - namely, a) Illusion, b) doesn't occupy Mega slot, and the last point is especially relevant since we got new Megas in ORAS like Mega Beedrill, Mega Swampert, and Mega Pidgeot. It's not as important to mention this for Nasty Plot because fucking nothing gets Nasty Plot anyway, but SD Zoroark will inevitably be compared to Mega Absol (which I believe is the reason it didn't get a set in the old analysis) so it's good to mention what it has over Mega Absol

Should Mixed Attacker even get a set? I mentioned that in my old thread when I was the one working on this analysis, but it wasn't really discussed much. Illusion is, as usual, what would give it a niche over other mixed attackers, but... It's just really, really weak. But, if QC decides on it to stay, I really think it should at the very least have a Fighting-type move slashed somewhere - how else are you doing much damage to Snorlax, Umbreon, Hydreigon, Krookodile, Hydreigon, Hydreigon, and Hydreigon?
Thanks for the input! I slashed Adamant before Jolly because I do really agree with you after testing. Furthermore, I mentioned the competition from M-Absol and its niches over it.

I'll hear what QC members say about the mixed set. You're right about the fighting-type attack - I will definitely slash Low Kick next to it, because it allows to hit all of these Pokemon (As well as M-Aggron which is p important!)

Btw, for the QC team, I'm working on this, 4 sets just take a bit long, so please don't reassign this :]

Edit: I'm planning on finishing this tomorrow, or at least add the third set.

Last edited:

PK Gaming

Persona 5
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
I haven't played UU in ages, but I figured I should chime in anyway since Zoroark's my homie.
  • Decent signature ability in Illusion which allows it to disguise as the last teammate in your party, but can be played around easily by predictions.
This isn't quite accurate. Illusion itself is limited by Zoroark's frailty, but it's not something that can be played around with prediction. By all in intents and purposes, a properly executed Illusion (ie: Zoroark copies a Pokemon that perfectly synchronizes with Illusion) can't be discerned. It basically comes to down a 50-50 (at best. Opponents who aren't paying attention are going to be fall for it). I'd change this line so that it talks up Illusion for giving Zoroark the opportunity to mindgame the opponent, but reminds the player that it's held back by Zoroark's frailty limiting its use. Sure, gutsy uses of illusions can land you heavy hits on your opponents team, but if you screw up your opponent WILL make you pay up.
  • Walled by common Fairy-types such as Florges and Diancie, which can beat it easily.
  • Most Fighting-types are pretty good answers to Zoroark, as they resist its main STAB too.
Don't forget, the overview isn't a checks and counters section. I'd merge these two cons into something along the lines of "Walled by types that are common to the tier such as Fighting- and Fairy-types."
  • Try to select Pokemon with good synergy in the last slot as Zoroark will benefit the most from its Illusion ability.
No, you've got it backwards. It's up to YOU to tell the reader what works well here. It's our job to cater to the readers; they should do as little work as possible. This is where you'll have to do some homework for me. Try to think of the best possible Pokemon that could partner with this set and mention them. (Don't mention a huge list of Pokemon—2-3 at most.

Re: Choice Specs

My experience with current UU is limited, but one of the best reasons to use Zoroark has always been due it's ability lure out and weaken or cripple threats for your teammates. You have entire tier of Pokemon who would love nothing better than for Pokemon like Jirachi or Celebi gone. Definitely worth mentioning. Find specific examples.
  • Zoroark is most often best off not being switched in, as it's frail and will not take the attack well, and Illusion's effect wears off.
  • Bringing Zoroark in with a slow U-turn or Volt Switch is good, because switching in on its own is a bad idea.
These lines are redundant. I'd toss away the former since it's assumed information. Make sure you do the same for the other sets as well.
  • Use Trick to cripple a defensive Pokemon by locking it into a single move.
This doesn't really tell the user anything new. You should talk about the ramifications for using Trick. The upside to using that move is that you can cripple any Pokemon that switches in; the downside is that you lose your Choice item. It's important to think about the long term when using this move. Is using Trick worth losing my Choice Specs in this battle? (ie: think about the type of team your opponent has. As a rule of thumb, Trick is inherently more useful against defensively inclined teams, while you'll get more mileage out of Choice Specs against offensive teams but of course that's not always the case.)
  • Spinners such as Donphan and Mega Blastoise can fit in a role as hazard removers, as these will limit Zoroark's switch-in opportunities.
A Pokemon like Zoroark doesn't need spin support... If anything, you'd want to have spin support to preserve Illusion, but in practice it isn't worth it.

Re: Swords Dance

You need to talk about why Focus Sash is important. It isn't just used because Zoroark is frail, it's useful because it lets Zoroark play riskier and it lets you attack twice. You can bluff to force switches to set up Swords Dance, but in the event your opponent doesn't switch out, if Zoroark is still alive. In some cases, it benefits you since you get to throw out powerful +2 Knock Offs on whatever hit you. You should also tell the reader to bring out Zoroark as soon as possible, since it's effectiveness is much worse when hazards are up.

Here's an old replay of mine that illustrates that (it's outdated, by my point still stands)
  • When selecting the team order, try to select a Pokemon with good typing synergy in the last slot; this way the opponent could more likely go a not very effective attack on Zoroark, while it would be super effective against the real teammate, and gives Zoroark a free turn to set up.
You can't get away with using the same usage description here. Choice Specs Zoroark completely relies on Illusion to do it's job, whereas Swords Dance Zoroark doesn't care as much; it's far more important to bring it in early to make the most out of Focus Sash. Of course, that's not to say that SD Zoroark doesn't tremendously benefit from Illusion, it's just that it can perfectly function without it. On the other hand, Choice Specs Zoroark is somewhat underwhelming without it's ability to "sucker punch" opponents.

• Physical wallbreakers such as Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Haxorus, are good choices because of their ability to break through physical walls.
You should also mention that Zoroark itself is a good wallbreaker for these Pokemon.

**Entry Hazard Damage**: Entry hazard damage from Stealth Rock and Spikes will wear down Zoroark, as it cannot recover from them.
This is inherent to most Pokemon, so it's not worth mentioning. What IS worth mentioning however is that entry hazards severely lessen the effectiveness of the Swords Dance set.

Personally, I think Swords Dance is way better than Choice Specs and my gut says that the mixed attacker set isn't good, but i'll leave that decision up to QC to decide.

Last edited:
I haven't played UU in ages, but I figured I should chime in anyway since Zoroark's my homie.

This isn't quite accurate. Illusion itself is limited by Zoroark's frailty, but it's not something that can be played around with prediction. By all in intents and purposes, a properly executed Illusion (ie: Zoroark copies a Pokemon that perfectly synchronizes with Illusion) can't be discerned. It basically comes to down a 50-50 (at best. Opponents who aren't paying attention are going to be fall for it). I'd change this line so that it talks up Illusion for giving Zoroark the opportunity to mindgame the opponent, but reminds the player that it's held back by Zoroark's frailty limiting its use. Sure, gutsy uses of illusions can land you heavy hits on your opponents team, but if you screw up your opponent WILL make you pay up.

Don't forget, the overview isn't a checks and counters section. I'd merge these two cons into something along the lines of "Walled by types that are common to the tier such as Fighting- and Fairy-types."

No, you've got it backwards. It's up to YOU to tell the reader what works well here. It's our job to cater to the readers; they should do as little work as possible. This is where you'll have to do some homework for me. Try to think of the best possible Pokemon that could partner with this set and mention them. (Don't mention a huge list of Pokemon—2-3 at most.

Re: Choice Specs

My experience with current UU is limited, but one of the best reasons to use Zoroark has always been due it's ability lure out and weaken or cripple threats for your teammates. You have entire tier of Pokemon who would love nothing better than for Pokemon like Jirachi or Celebi gone. Definitely worth mentioning. Find specific examples.

These lines are redundant. I'd toss away the former since it's assumed information. Make sure you do the same for the other sets as well.

This doesn't really tell the user anything new. You should talk about the ramifications for using Trick. The upside to using that move is that you can cripple any Pokemon that switches in; the downside is that you lose your Choice item. It's important to think about the long term when using this move. Is using Trick worth losing my Choice Specs in this battle? (ie: think about the type of team your opponent has. As a rule of thumb, Trick is inherently more useful against defensively inclined teams, while you'll get more mileage out of Choice Specs against offensive teams but of course that's not always the case.)

A Pokemon like Zoroark doesn't need spin support... If anything, you'd want to have spin support to preserve Illusion, but in practice it isn't worth it.

Re: Swords Dance

You need to talk about why Focus Sash is important. It isn't just used because Zoroark is frail, it's useful because it lets Zoroark play riskier and it lets you attack twice. You can bluff to force switches to set up Swords Dance, but in the event your opponent doesn't switch out, if Zoroark is still alive. In some cases, it benefits you since you get to throw out powerful +2 Knock Offs on whatever hit you. You should also tell the reader to bring out Zoroark as soon as possible, since it's effectiveness is much worse when hazards are up.

Here's an old replay of mine that illustrates that (it's outdated, by my point still stands)

You can't get away with using the same usage description here. Choice Specs Zoroark completely relies on Illusion to do it's job, whereas Swords Dance Zoroark doesn't care as much; it's far more important to bring it in early to make the most out of Focus Sash. Of course, that's not to say that SD Zoroark doesn't tremendously benefit from Illusion, it's just that it can perfectly function without it. On the other hand, Choice Specs Zoroark is somewhat underwhelming without it's ability to "sucker punch" opponents.

You should also mention that Zoroark itself is a good wallbreaker for these Pokemon.

This is inherent to most Pokemon, so it's not worth mentioning. What IS worth mentioning however is that entry hazards severely lessen the effectiveness of the Swords Dance set.

Personally, I think Swords Dance is way better than Choice Specs and my gut says that the mixed attacker set isn't good, but i'll leave that decision up to QC to decide.
In progress of editing, thanks for the input! Will edit this post once done.

Btw, about the Rapid Spin, that's right.

E: Edited!

Last edited:
Celebi, Jirachi and Raikou mentions need to be removed.

Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon quite well, most notably Mega Swampert, but also Pokemon such as Rhyperior and Gastrodon.
Suicune and Milotic a more relevant targets than the latter two.

Pursuit and Memento in OO.

Add / Corrections
Remove
Capitalize / Lowercase
Comments

**Amcheck**

Overview
########

Zoroark's has a decent signature ability in Illusion, (AC) which allows it to plays mindgames with opponents, but is held back by Zoroark's frailty limiting its usability. Zoroark also has great mixed offenses. Furthermore, Zoroark has a good Speed tier, (AC) which allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Chandelure and beat it. Next up, Zoroark has a decent movepool, which includes several options Zoroark it can profit from, such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. But, However, Zoroark is quite frail, meaning it can easily be revenge killed. Zoroark is also moreorless walled by common types in Fighting- and Fairy-types, (AC) which can beat it easily. Zoroark also faces competition from with Hydreigon and Mega Houndoom as a mixed attacker as they have a better movepool and superior offenses, but Zoroark has higher Speed and access to Illusion. On the physical side, Zoroark it does faces competition from with Mega Absol because of it due to having better coverage and power, (remove comma and add semi-colon) however, (RC) Zoroark's niche lies in Illusion. (AP) and it does not take up a Mega slot.

Choice Specs
########

Moves
========

Dark Pulse deserves the first slash because of its has 100% accuracy and a chance to flinch, at the cost of some power, (RC) and Unlike (capitalize) Night Daze, it doesn't directly reveal Zoroark. Night Daze can be used in the first slot as well for more power and a good chance for an accuracy drop, but reveals Zoroark directly because of it being the only one able to learn the move. Focus Blast has great power backed up by excellent coverage, and allows Zoroark to hit Dark-types resisting its main STAB better. Trick cripples defensive Pokemon as it trades your it's item with the foe, leaving them locked into only a single move. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon quite well, most notably Mega Swampert, but also Pokemon such as Suicune and Milotic. Flamethrower has decent power and coverage and hits Chesnaught, Forretress, (AC) and Roserade better.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise as a teammate, and trick opponents by appearing as a teammate. (disguise and appear as its teammate that's last in the party in order to play mindgames with the opponent.) Choice Specs gives an additional power boost to Zoroark's Special Attack, but locks it into a single move. Maximum Special Attack investment let Zoroark hit as hard as possible, and help it KO an opposing Pokemon more easily. Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed base 100s such as Shaymin and speed tie base 105s such as Mienshao.

Usage Tips
========

When selecting the team order, try to select a Pokemon with good typing synergy in the last slot; this that way the opponent could more likely go a (uses an attack in which Zoroark resists,) not very effective attack on Zoroark, while it would appears to be super effective against the real teammate, (RC add period) and gives This allows Zoroark a free turn to attack the foe. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to cripple entry hazard setters with Trick. which. Use Trick to cripple a defensive Pokemon by locking it into a single move. For example, if they go for Toxic, they'll be locked into that, forcing them to switch. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow U-turn or Volt Switch is good, because switching in on its own is a bad idea.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that beat threatening Fighting-types, such as Florges and Crobat, (RC) make for good partners. Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types for Zoroark, such as Nidoqueen, Crobat, and Mega Aggron, (RC) are good choices. Pokemon with good typing synergy and same move choices such as Infernape has great typing synergy and the same move choices are nice partners for Zoroark to illusionate opponents. Hazard support from Pokemon such as Empoleon and Nidoqueen is appreciated in order to KO foes with more ease. Pokemon that can bring in Zoroark with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, such as Forretress, are good teammates as well. (Forretress is a good partner because it can make use of its terrible Speed, allowing Zoroark to switch-in safely after Volt Switch or U-turn is used.)

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance is Zoroark's boosting option, allowsing it to boost its Attack to an insane level. Sucker Punch is a good STAB attack which has with priority, meaning Zoroark can hit foes first which would normally outspeed it. Knock Off is usually a more powerful variant of Sucker Punch, and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Low Kick has great coverage an allowsing Zoroark to hit Mega Aggron, Empoleon, and Snorlax for super effective damage. Return has decent base power and lets Zoroark neutrally hit Fairy-types, which it can't without it.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise as the last teammate in your party, and trick opponents. Focus Sash is the an item that ensures a Swords Dance when gives Zoroark a chance to set up Swords Dance while is at full health, and allows it to play riskier by being able to hit with at least two attacks. Life Orb is a secondary option for an item for more raw power, and therefore can be used too. Maximized offensive EVs are backed up with a Adamant nature to KO +2 Shaymin after Stealth Rock and have a chance to OHKO Krookodile at +1. A Jolly nature can be used as well to outspeed max Speed Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Usage Tips
========

Sucker Punch is a good option to use to pick off a weakened Pokemon. Use Swords Dance on a forced switch, or when predicting a Pokemon the opposing foe to go for a not very effective attack because of Illusion. If you're unsure what to do, use Knock Off; most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed and will do good damage too. Again, bringing Zoroark in with a safe Volt Switch or Baton Pass is a good idea, this way Illusion and Focus Sash will stay in tact.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that take reliably care of Fairy-types that wall this set, such as Nidoqueen, Mega Aggron, (AC) and Tentacruel, (RC) make for good partners. Physical wallbreakers such as Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Haxorus, (RC) are good choices because of their ability to break through physical walls. Zoroark is a good wallbreaker itself too, for these teammates. Pokemon that beat Fighting-types such as Florges and Crobat, are good partners. The former can also provide Wish support to keep Zoroark healthy. ("healthy" makes me think of curing status moves instead.) Pokemon with good typing synergy such as Weezing are excellent partners too because Zoroark can trick opponents with Illusion better. Hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Forretress, and Roserade is appreciated to have an easier time KOing opponents. Hazard removal from Pokemon such as Crobat and Mega Blastoise is good for Zoroark too, as these will break its sash. keeping hazards from breaking its Focus Sash. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Umbreon are great, as Zoroark will not like to switch in on its own.

Nasty Plot
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is a boosting method which boosts Zoroark's Special Attack to massive levels. Dark Pulse is a Dark-type STAB attack and preffered is preferred over Night Daze for its accuracy. The power difference doesn't matter here. Focus Blast has great Base Power, and excellent coverage along with Dark Pulse, making it a very useful option. Flamethrower can be used in the last slot to hit Chesnaught and other Grass-types better, as well as several other typings. Grass Knot can hit heavy targets such as Mega Swampert and Rhyperior quite hard, and thus is an option too.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to look like an opponent, disguise itself as one of its own teammates in the party to trick opponents. which means it can trick opponents by disguising itself as a teammate. (Zoroark is the opponent though) Life Orb gives a power boost to each of Zoroark's damaging attacks, making them even more powerful. Maximized Special Attack increases Zoroark's damage output a lot, letting it damage foes a lot better. The Speed EVs along with a Timid natnure nature is used to outspeed max Speed base 100s such as Entei and Flygon.

Usage Tips
========

Select Pokemon with good synergy in the last slot as Zoroark will benefit the most from its Illusion ability, for example, if having Weezing or Lucario as a teammate. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to set up on entry hazard setters that the opponent might lead with. Nasty Plot should be used on a forced switch, as it will allow Zoroark to sweep. Zoroark can be brought in with a slow momentun momentum gaining move, as it doesn't like taking an attack.

Team Options
========

Pokemon with good synergy allows Zoroark to optimize use of Illusion, so they're good. Weezing stands out as it formes forms perfect typing synergy. Pokemon that beat Fairy-types make excellent teammates such as Toxicroak and Mega Aggron which wall this set, are excellent choices as well. Fighting-types such as Mienshao threaten Zoroark, so bringing a check or counter to them, such as Florges and Alakazam. (period) are nice teammates. Special attackers that can't set up on their own taking advantage of Zoroark breaking through special walls, are generally good partners. Examples include Raikou and Shaymin. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Forretress is excellent in order for Zoroark to have an easier time to KO opponents. Entry hazards puts a timer to Zoroark's longevity every time (space in "every time") it switches in, so removal of them by Pokemon such as Flygon is good. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress is good as it can provides a safe switch-in for Zoroark.

Mixed Attacker
########

Moves
========

Sucker Punch is a decent priority move which packs good power furthered by STAB. Knock Off is a good, powerful attack which has the utility of removing foe's items. Low Kick hits Pokemon such as Blissey, Snorlax, and Hydreigon hard, which would otherwise wall this set. Flamethrower hits several Pokemon-types for super effective damage and can be used in the last slot. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon very well, has decent coverage, but can be very weak against light-weight opponents. (The reader would know that Grass Knot should be used for heavy Pokemon after reading above.)

Set Details
========

Illusion can help Zoroark trick opposing players by implying it is one of its teammates. Life Orb gives a boost to every of Zoroark's damaging attacks and thus is the best choice. The current spread gives a boost to Zoroark's offenses, and allows it to OHKO Mega Swampert and Rhyperior with Grass Knot. The 216 Speed EVs are furthered by a Naive nature, allowing Zoroark to outrun max Speed base 100s such as Shaymin and Entei.

Usage Tips
========

This Zoroark can be used as a revenge killer because of its good offensive stats and Speed. It's useful to disguise as a teammate with same move choices and preferably good typing, which optimizes Illusion's use. Knock Off if it's unsure what the opponent's gonna do, because most Pokemon do not appreciate the removal of their item. Zoroark can also come in to pick off a weakened Pokemon with Sucker Punch after a teammate has fainted.

Team Options
========

As mentioned in Usage Tips, Pokemon with same movepool options or good typing synergy are good partners for Zoroark. Pokemon that beat several Fighting-types that can easily beat Zoroark, such as Noivern and Florges, are nice teammates. Fairy-types are threatening Zoroark if it runs this set, (aren't fairies threatening to Zoroark even if it runs any set?) so a Poison- or Steel-type such as Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, (AC) and Escavalier are good choices. Hazard removal is useful for keeping Zoroark healthy, as it cannot recover from the damage taken. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Vaporeon can grant Zoroark a safe switch in, which is good.

Other Options
########

U-turn can be used for Zoroark to gain momentum and switch out of its checks and counters, but this way it misses out on a coverage move. Taunt users such as Crobat can cripple defensive Pokemon, but is mostly better used by other Pokemon such as Crobat because of their better bulk. An anti-leading Zoroark with Focus Sash and moves such as Counter can be used, but wastes Zoroark's excellent offensive stats. Pursuit can be used to trap opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types, but Zoroark lacks room for it and it isn't really powerful. Extrasensory is an option to hit Fighting-types for super effective damage, but lacks power and good coverage on the overall. Lastly, Memento can be an option for helping set up sweepers, giving them an easier time to set up, but this wastes Zoroark's offensive potential.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Aromatisse, (AC) and Whimsicott can take Zoroark's hits and beat it with a STAB attack. Whimsicott has to be wary of Flamethrower, (comma ===> semi-colon) however.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Machamp, (RC) can easily take out Zoroark with a powerful STAB attack.

**Faster Offensive Pokemon**: Faster offensive Pokemon such as Crobat and Speed Boost Yanmega can outspeed Zoroark and beat it.

**Priority**: Because of Zoroark's pitiful bulk, any powerful priority attack such as Lucario's Extreme Speed can beat Zoroark.

Tagging antemortem for a check.

Not sure if this was overlooked or... ;~;

P Squared

a great unrecorded history
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
yo! got permission to do this instead, so here's a placeholder. i'll go over your amcheck too, Lucina09 :)

GP 1/2
Overview
########

Zoroark has a decent signature ability in Illusion, (comma) which allows it to play mind games with opponents, though Zoroark's frailty limits but is held back by Zoroark's frailty limiting its usability. Zoroark also has great mixed offenses and a decent movepool with moves such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. Furthermore, Zoroark has a good Speed tier which allows it to outspeed and beat Pokemon such as Chandelure and beat it. Next up, Zoroark has a decent movepool, which includes several options Zoroark can profit from, such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. (incorporated this into a previous sentence) But, However, Zoroark is quite frail, meaning it can easily be revenge killed. Zoroark is also more or less walled and beaten by common Fighting- and Fairy-types common types in Fighting- and Fairy which can beat it easily. Furthermore, (just shaking up sentence structure here 'cause you used the 'Zoroark also' pattern one sentence ago) Zoroark also faces competition from Hydreigon and Mega Houndoom as a mixed attacker, (comma) as they have a better movepools and superior offenses, though but Zoroark has higher Speed and access to Illusion. As a physical attacker, Zoroark faces competition from Mega Absol, which has better coverage and power; On the physical side, Zoroark does face competition from Mega Absol because of it having better coverage and power, however, Zoroark's niche lies in Illusion and the fact that it does not take up a Mega slot. (idk if you have to go that in depth in the overview, but eh)

Choice Specs
########

Moves
========

Dark Pulse is Zoroark's preferred STAB move deserves the first slash because of its 100% accuracy and a chance to make its target flinch, at the cost of some power, and unlike Night Daze, it doesn't directly reveal Zoroark's identity. However, Night Daze has can be used in the first slot as well for more power and a good chance to drop its target's accuracy, though it ruins Zoroark's disguise for an accuracy drop, but reveals Zoroark directly because of it being the only one able to learn the move. Focus Blast has great power and backed up by excellent coverage, allowing and allows Zoroark to hit opposing Dark-types, which resist its STAB moves resisting its main STAB better. Trick cripples defensive Pokemon as it trades your item with the foe (probably don't have to explain it), leaving them locked into only a single move. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon quite well, most notably Mega Swampert, but it also can deal with Pokemon such as Suicune and Milotic. Flamethrower has decent power and coverage and hits Chesnaught, Forretress, (comma) and Roserade harder better (faster stronger...heheh) than Zoroark's other moves.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise itself as a teammate, (remove comma) and trick opponents by appearing as a teammate. Choice Specs gives an additional power boost to Zoroark's Special Attack, (remove comma) but locks it into a single move. Maximum Special Attack investment lets ('investment' is singular, so you'd use 'lets') Zoroark hit as hard as possible, and help it KO an opposing Pokemon more easily (I think you can just go with one of those. aka, either "Maximum Special Attack investment lets Zoroark hit as hard as possible" or "Maximum Special Attack investment helps Zoroark KO opposing Pokemon more easily". up to you!). Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed base 100s such as Shaymin and Speed tie with base 105s such as Mienshao.

Usage Tips
========

When selecting the team order, try to select a Pokemon that has good typing synergy with Zoroark with good typing synergy in the last slot; this way, (comma) the opponent can be tricked into hitting Zoroark with a not very effective attack, giving could more likely go a not very effective attack on Zoroark, while it would be super effective against the real teammate, and gives Zoroark a free turn to attack the foe. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to cripple entry hazard setters with Trick which. Trick can also be used Use Trick to cripple a defensive Pokemon by locking it into a single move.; (semicolon) for example, if the foe goes they go for Toxic, it will be locked into the move and forced they'll be locked into that, forcing them to switch. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow U-turn or Volt Switch is good, as it is too frail to switch because switching in on its own is a bad idea and does not want its Illusion to be broken immediately (or whatever, I just think you should explain why it's a bad idea).

Team Options
========

Pokemon that beat threatening the Fighting-types that threaten Zoroark, such as Florges and Crobat, make for good partners. Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types for Zoroark, such as Nidoqueen, Crobat, and Mega Aggron, are also good choices. Pokemon that share good typing synergy and moves with Zoroark, such as Infernape, are useful to take advantage of Illusion with good typing synergy and same move choices such as Infernape are nice partners for Zoroark to illusionate opponents. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Empoleon and Nidoqueen is appreciated in order to KO foes with more ease. Pokemon that can bring in Zoroark with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, such as Forretress, are good teammates as well.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance is Zoroark's boosting move option, allowing it to boost its Attack to an insane level. Sucker Punch is a good STAB attack with which has priority, meaning letting Zoroark can hit foes that first which would normally outspeed it. Knock Off is usually a more powerful than variant of (probably don't want to imply that Knock Off has priority) Sucker Punch, (remove comma) and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Low Kick has great coverage and allows Zoroark to hit Mega Aggron, Empoleon, and Snorlax for super effective damage. Return has decent Base Power and lets Zoroark neutrally hit Fairy-types neutrally, which it can't do without it.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise itself as the last teammate in your party, (remove comma) and trick opponents. Focus Sash is the an item that ensures Zoroark can get a Swords Dance when Zoroark is at full health, (remove comma) and allows it to play riskier by being able to hit with at least two attacks (this is kinda confusing). Life Orb is a secondary option for an item for more raw power, and therefore can be used too. Maximized offensive EVs are backed up with by an Adamant nature to ensure that Zoroark can KO +2 Shaymin (is the +2 referring to Shaymin's Defense?) after Stealth Rock and have a chance to OHKO Krookodile at +1 (is the +1 referring to Krookodile's Defense?). A Jolly nature can be used as well instead to outspeed maximum Speed Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Usage Tips
========

Use Sucker Punch is a good option to use to pick off a weakened Pokemon. Use Swords Dance on a forced switch, or when you predicting the foe will use a Pokemon to go for a not very effective attack because of Illusion. If you're unsure what to do, use Knock Off; it does good damage and most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed and will do good damage too. Again, bBringing (no cross-set referencing, so no 'Again') Zoroark in with a safe slow Volt Switch or Baton Pass is a good idea,; (semicolon) this way, (comma) Illusion and Focus Sash will stay intact.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can reliably take reliably care of Fairy-types that wall this set, such as Nidoqueen, Mega Aggron, (comma) and Tentacruel, make for good partners. Physical wallbreakers such as Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Haxorus, (remove comma) are good choices because of their ability to break through physical walls. Zoroark itself is a good wallbreaker itself too, for these teammates. Pokemon that beat Fighting-types, (comma) such as Florges and Crobat, are good partners.; the (remove period, add semicolon) former can also provide Wish support to keep Zoroark healthy. Pokemon with that have good typing synergy with Zoroark, such as Weezing, (comma) are excellent partners too because they let Zoroark can trick opponents with Illusion better. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Forretress, and Roserade is appreciated to give Zoroark have an easier time KOing opponents. Entry hazard removal from Pokemon such as Crobat and Mega Blastoise is good for Zoroark too, as these hazards will break its Focus Sash (and possibly reveal its identity?). Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Umbreon are great teammates, as Zoroark will not like to switch in on its own.

Nasty Plot
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is a boosting method which boosts Zoroark's Special Attack to massive levels. Dark Pulse is a Dark-type STAB attack and is preferred preffered over Night Daze for its accuracy, as the. The power difference doesn't matter here. Focus Blast has great Base Power, (remove comma) and excellent coverage alongside with Dark Pulse, making it a very useful option. Flamethrower can be used in the last slot to hit Chesnaught and other Grass-types better, as well as several other Pokemon typings. Grass Knot can hit heavy targets such as Mega Swampert and Rhyperior quite hard, (remove comma) and thus is an option too.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to look like an opponent, which means it can trick opponents by disguising itself as a teammate. Life Orb gives a power boost to each of Zoroark's damaging attacks, making them even more powerful. Maximized Special Attack increases Zoroark's damage output, a lot, letting it damage foes a lot better. (covered by 'damage output') and the Speed EVs along with a Timid nature allow Zoroark is used to outspeed maximum Speed base 100s such as Entei and Flygon.

Usage Tips
========

Select Pokemon that have with good synergy with Zoroark, such as Weezing or Lucario, in the last slot to let as Zoroark will benefit the most from its Illusion ability, for example, if having Weezing or Lucario as a teammate. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to set up on entry hazard setters that the opponent might lead with. Nasty Plot should be used on a forced switch, as it will allow Zoroark to sweep. Zoroark can should be brought in with a slow momentum-gaining move such as U-turn or Volt Switch, as it doesn't like taking an attack while switching in.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that have with good synergy with Zoroark allow for optimal Zoroark to optimize use of Illusion, so they're good teammates. Weezing stands out, (comma) as it has formes perfect typing synergy with Zoroark. Zoroark is walled by Fairy-types, so Pokemon that beat them, Fairy-types such as Toxicroak and Mega Aggron which wall this set, are excellent choices as well. Fighting-types such as Mienshao threaten Zoroark, so checks or counters bringing a check or counter to them, such as Florges and Alakazam, (comma) are nice teammates. Special attackers that can't set up on their own, such as Raikou and Shaymin, can take taking advantage of Zoroark breaking through special walls, so they are generally good partners. Examples include Raikou and Shaymin. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Forretress is excellent to give in order for Zoroark to have an easier time KOing foes to KO opponents. Entry hazards on your side limit puts a timer to Zoroark's longevity every time it switches in, so a teammate that can remove them, removal of them by Pokemon such as Flygon, (comma) is good. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress is are good, as they as it can provide a safe switch in for Zoroark.

Mixed Attacker
########

Moves
========

Sucker Punch is a decent priority move that which packs good power and is boosted furthered by STAB. Knock Off is a good, powerful attack that which has the utility of removing foes' items. Low Kick heavily damages hits Pokemon such as Blissey, Snorlax, and Hydreigon hard, which would otherwise wall this set. Flamethrower hits several Pokemon-types for super effective damage and can be used in the last slot. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon very well, and has decent coverage, but it can be very weak against lightweight foes opponents.

Set Details
========

Illusion can help Zoroark trick opposing players by disguising it as implying it is one of its teammates. Life Orb gives a boost to all every of Zoroark's damaging attacks and thus is the best choice of item. The given current spread gives a boosts to Zoroark's offenses, (remove comma) and allows it to OHKO Mega Swampert and Rhyperior with Grass Knot. The Speed EVs are furthered by a Naive nature, allowing Zoroark to outrun maximum Speed base 100s such as Shaymin and Entei.

Usage Tips
========

This Zoroark can be used as a revenge killer because of its good offensive stats and Speed. It's useful to disguise Zoroark as a teammate with the same move choices and preferably good typing to optimize, which optimizes Illusion's use. Use Knock Off if unsure what the opponent's going to gonna do, because most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed the removal of their item. Zoroark can also come in to pick off a weakened Pokemon with Sucker Punch after a teammate has fainted.

Team Options
========

As mentioned in Usage Tips, Pokemon with the same movepool options or good typing synergy are good partners for Zoroark. Pokemon that beat the several Fighting-types that can easily beat Zoroark, such as Noivern and Florges, are nice teammates. Fairy-types threaten this Zoroark set are threatening Zoroark if it runs this set, so a Poison- or Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, (comma) and Escavalier are good choices. Entry hazard removal is useful for keeping Zoroark healthy, as it cannot recover from the damage taken. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Vaporeon can grant Zoroark a safe switch in, which is good.

Other Options
########

U-turn can be used for Zoroark to let Zoroark gain momentum and switch out of its checks and counters, but it forces Zoroark to miss this way it misses out on a coverage move. Taunt can cripple defensive Pokemon, (remove comma) but is mostly better used by bulkier Pokemon other Pokemon such as Crobat because of their better bulk. An anti-leading Zoroark set with Focus Sash and moves such as Counter can be used, but it is waste of wastes Zoroark's excellent offensive stats. Pursuit can be used to trap opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types, but Zoroark lacks room for it and it isn't really powerful. Extrasensory is an option to hit Fighting-types for super effective damage, but it lacks power and good coverage on the overall. Lastly, Memento can be an option to help for helping setup sweepers, giving them an easier time to set up, but this wastes Zoroark's offensive potential.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Aromatisse, (comma) and Whimsicott can take Zoroark's hits and beat it with a STAB attack. Whimsicott has to be wary of Flamethrower, however.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Machamp, (remove comma) can easily take out Zoroark with a powerful STAB attack.

**Priority**: Because of Zoroark's pitiful bulk, any powerful priority attack, such as Lucario's Extreme Speed, (comma) can beat Zoroark.

Lucina09 behold, the longest thing ever
Overview
########

Zoroark's has a decent signature ability in Illusion, (AC) which allows it to plays mindgames with opponents, but is held back by Zoroark's frailty limiting its usability.
It's helpful to look at the sentence again with the edits. For example, after your edits, this becomes:
Zoroark's ability Illusion, which plays mindgames with opponents, but is held back by Zoroark's frailty limiting its usability.
This sounds pretty incomplete now. On another note, 'mindgames' should be two words.
Zoroark also has great mixed offenses. Furthermore, Zoroark has a good Speed tier, (AC) which allows it to outspeed Pokemon such as Chandelure and beat it.
This looks fine except for the last part, 'beat it'. That seems to be referring to just Chandelure. However, we were talking about 'Pokemon such as Chandelure', not just Chandelure, so this needs to be changed. I had it as 'allows it to outspeed and beat Pokemon such as Chandelure'.
Next up, Zoroark has a decent movepool, which includes several options Zoroark it can profit from, such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. But, However, Zoroark is quite frail, meaning it can easily be revenge killed. Zoroark is also moreorless walled by common types in Fighting- and Fairy-types, (AC) which can beat it easily.
Pretty good here.
Zoroark also faces competition from with Hydreigon and Mega Houndoom as a mixed attacker as they have a better movepool and superior offenses, but Zoroark has higher Speed and access to Illusion.
'From' was correct, actually. The phrasing is 'x faces competition from y'. It's just one of those Englishy-you-have-to-know-it things.
There needs to be a comma before 'as they have a better movepool', because it's being used like 'because'. There isn't a comma before 'as a mixed attacker', though, because that 'as' isn't being used to mean 'because'.
Lastly, I would change 'a better movepool' to 'better movepools' because we're talking about Hydreigon and Mega Houndoom.

On the physical side, Zoroark it does faces competition from with Mega Absol because of it due to having better coverage and power, (remove comma and add semi-colon) however, (RC) Zoroark's niche lies in Illusion. (AP) and it does not take up a Mega slot.
This 'physical side' stuff implies that there's a spectrum with physical on one side and special one another. Remove all mentions or implications of this spectrum when you see them!
Again, from > with when you're talking about facing competition.
This 'due to' part sounds pretty awkward, and more importantly it becomes unclear who exactly is the one that has better coverage and power - Zoroark or Mega Absol? The easiest fix I can think of is to have it as 'faces competition from Mega Absol, which has better coverage and power'.
Good job with the punctuation around 'however'!
I wouldn't take out the last part about taking up a Mega slot; one of the QCs above said to mention it.

Choice Specs
########

Moves
========

Dark Pulse deserves the first slash because of its has 100% accuracy and a chance to flinch, at the cost of some power, (RC) and Unlike (capitalize) Night Daze, it doesn't directly reveal Zoroark.
Yeah, I would take out the 'deserves the first slash' stuff too, so good job there. The rest looks okay, but I see that you separated 'Unlike Night Daze' into its own sentence. Make sure not to forget the period that should go before it then.
Night Daze can be used in the first slot as well for more power and a good chance for an accuracy drop, but reveals Zoroark directly because of it being the only one able to learn the move. Focus Blast has great power backed up by excellent coverage, and allows Zoroark to hit Dark-types resisting its main STAB better.
Either remove the comma after 'accuracy drop' or add an 'it' before 'reveals'.
The 'because of it being' part is pretty awkward. A clearer way to phrase it is 'because it is the only one able to learn to move'. A minor change, but it sounds nicer now.
As for the Focus Blast sentence, either remove the comma after 'coverage' or add an 'it' before 'allows'. Very similar to the first change in this section!

Trick cripples defensive Pokemon as it trades your it's item with the foe, leaving them locked into only a single move. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon quite well, most notably Mega Swampert, but also Pokemon such as Suicune and Milotic. Flamethrower has decent power and coverage and hits Chesnaught, Forretress, (AC) and Roserade better.
So, we're using 'as' to mean 'because' here. That means we need a comma before it!
It was correct to change 'your', as that refers to the battler. However, 'it's' was not the correct change, for a couple of reasons. First of all, if you're using it as the possessive, then it should be 'its'. Yours means 'it is'. 'Trick cripples defensive Pokemon as it trades it is item with the foe' isn't right. I've seen you mix these two up a few times now, so make sure you know the difference. The other issue is that we have another 'it' right before, and that one refers to Trick while yours refers to Zoroark. To make it absolutely clear what's what, I would instead replace 'your' with 'Zoroark's'.
Good job adding the serial comma in that last sentence!

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise as a teammate, and trick opponents by appearing as a teammate. (disguise and appear as its teammate that's last in the party in order to play mindgames with the opponent.) Choice Specs gives an additional power boost to Zoroark's Special Attack, but locks it into a single move. Maximum Special Attack investment let Zoroark hit as hard as possible, and help it KO an opposing Pokemon more easily. Maximum Speed and a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed base 100s such as Shaymin and speed tie base 105s such as Mienshao.
Your change can work if you tweak it a little to be something like 'disguise itself as the teammate that's last in the party in order to play mind games with the opponent'. However, a much easier fix to the original sentence would be to add 'itself' after 'disguise' and remove the comma.
Remove the comma in the second sentence, or add an 'it' before 'locks'. Sound familiar?
Third sentence: investment is singular, so that 'let' should be 'lets'. Also, remove the comma, and change 'help' to 'helps'.
Fourth sentence: it should be 'Speed tie' (always capitalize the Speed here), and there should be a 'with' after it because you tie with people, you don't tie people.

Usage Tips
========

When selecting the team order, try to select a Pokemon with good typing synergy in the last slot; this that way the opponent could more likely go a (uses an attack in which Zoroark resists,) not very effective attack on Zoroark, while it would appears to be super effective against the real teammate, (RC add period) and gives This allows Zoroark a free turn to attack the foe. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to cripple entry hazard setters with Trick. which. Use Trick to cripple a defensive Pokemon by locking it into a single move. For example, if they go for Toxic, they'll be locked into that, forcing them to switch. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow U-turn or Volt Switch is good, because switching in on its own is a bad idea.
I think 'this way' is fine. Your second change is good, except the 'in' shouldn't be there. The rest looks good.
Team Options
========

Pokemon that beat threatening Fighting-types, such as Florges and Crobat, (RC) make for good partners. Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types for Zoroark, such as Nidoqueen, Crobat, and Mega Aggron, (RC) are good choices.
Those commas need to be there. Generally there are two formats you'll see when listing examples:
Animals such as birds and raccoons are adorable.
Animals, such as birds and raccoons, are adorable.
Either no commas at all, or two commas that surround the examples. This is important because examples are listed quite often in analyses!
This is off-topic, but there is a pretty important distinction between those two examples. The first one says that birds and raccoons specifically are adorable. The second one implies that all animals are adorable, but I somewhat arbitrarily chose birds and raccoons as examples of animals.

Pokemon with good typing synergy and same move choices such as Infernape has great typing synergy and the same move choices are nice partners for Zoroark to illusionate opponents. Hazard support from Pokemon such as Empoleon and Nidoqueen is appreciated in order to KO foes with more ease. Pokemon that can bring in Zoroark with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, such as Forretress, are good teammates as well. (Forretress is a good partner because it can make use of its terrible Speed, allowing Zoroark to switch-in safely after Volt Switch or U-turn is used.)
I don't think 'illusionate' is a word, so we'll have to fix that. Second sentence: a very, very minor thing but it's good to say 'entry hazard' instead of just 'hazard'.
No dash in 'switch-in'. You use the dash when switch-in is being used as a noun (Mismagius is a good switch-in for Normal-types) but not when it's being used as a verb (Heracross switched in).
Forretress actually doesn't learn U-turn, so you would have to take that out. Actually, the original sentence about slow pivoting was fine, so you probably should have left it alone.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance is Zoroark's boosting option, allowsing it to boost its Attack to an insane level. Sucker Punch is a good STAB attack which has with priority, meaning Zoroark can hit foes first which would normally outspeed it. Knock Off is usually a more powerful variant of Sucker Punch, and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Low Kick has great coverage an allowsing Zoroark to hit Mega Aggron, Empoleon, and Snorlax for super effective damage. Return has decent base power and lets Zoroark neutrally hit Fairy-types, which it can't without it.
Good work cutting down the fluff in the first sentence, but I'd change 'it' to 'Zoroark' for clarity. Third sentence: I wouldn't call Knock Off a variant of Sucker Punch; they are both Dark-type moves but they are pretty different otherwise! Also, either remove the comma or add an 'it' before 'also'... this is starting to sound familiar, right?
Fourth sentence: Easiest change would be to change 'an' to 'and'. Your change works as long as you add a comma before 'allowing', but try to go for the edit that changes the original text the least.
Last sentence: Base Power needs to be capitalized.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise as the last teammate in your party, and trick opponents. Focus Sash is the an item that ensures a Swords Dance when gives Zoroark a chance to set up Swords Dance while is at full health, and allows it to play riskier by being able to hit with at least two attacks. Life Orb is a secondary option for an item for more raw power, and therefore can be used too. Maximized offensive EVs are backed up with a Adamant nature to KO +2 Shaymin after Stealth Rock and have a chance to OHKO Krookodile at +1. A Jolly nature can be used as well to outspeed max Speed Krookodile and Hydreigon.
Disguise itself. Remove comma after 'party'.
Good change in the second sentence. Buuut....remove the comma or add an 'it' before 'allows'....buuuut, then there are two 'its' very close to each other, so change the second one to 'Zoroark'.
Remove comma in the Life Orb sentence or add an 'it' before 'therefore'. This change comes up a lot if you haven't noticed.
Maximum > max, just to be more formal.

Usage Tips
========

Sucker Punch is a good option to use to pick off a weakened Pokemon. Use Swords Dance on a forced switch, or when predicting a Pokemon the opposing foe to go for a not very effective attack because of Illusion. If you're unsure what to do, use Knock Off; most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed and will do good damage too. Again, bringing Zoroark in with a safe Volt Switch or Baton Pass is a good idea, this way Illusion and Focus Sash will stay in tact.
In my opinion, 'opposing' and 'foe' are kind of redundant.
The ending of the Knock Off sentence needs to be changed. Most Pokemon [verb blah blah] and will do good damage too? That last part clearly refers to Knock Off, so you have to rephrase the sentence to line 'good damage' up with 'Knock Off'.
Remove 'Again'; do not reference other sets.
Semicolon before 'this way', and comma after it. Sort of like 'however'.
'Intact' is one word.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that take reliably care of Fairy-types that wall this set, such as Nidoqueen, Mega Aggron, (AC) and Tentacruel, (RC) make for good partners. Physical wallbreakers such as Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Haxorus, (RC) are good choices because of their ability to break through physical walls. Zoroark is a good wallbreaker itself too, for these teammates. Pokemon that beat Fighting-types such as Florges and Crobat, are good partners. The former can also provide Wish support to keep Zoroark healthy. ("healthy" makes me think of curing status moves instead.)
Good comma addition after 'Mega Aggron'. However, what I said about commas and listing examples before applies here too; do not remove the comma after 'Tentacruel', because there is a comma before the examples start in that sentence. Either two commas or no commas around the examples.
For the second sentence, the comma removal is correct. There wasn't a comma before the examples started, so there shouldn't be one when the examples end.
Fighting-type sentence: same thing here. There isn't a comma before the examples start (aka before 'such as'), but there is one after the examples. You could have it as no commas or two commas. However, let's look at it with no commas: 'Pokemon that beat Fighting-types such as Florges and Crobat are good partners'. It sounds like Florges and Crobat are examples of Fighting-types now, rather that examples of Pokemon that beat Fighting-types. So, in this case, we need two commas.
'Healthy' is okay, so you can leave that as is.

Pokemon with good typing synergy such as Weezing are excellent partners too because Zoroark can trick opponents with Illusion better. Hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Forretress, and Roserade is appreciated to have an easier time KOing opponents. Hazard removal from Pokemon such as Crobat and Mega Blastoise is good for Zoroark too, as these will break its sash. keeping hazards from breaking its Focus Sash. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Umbreon are great, as Zoroark will not like to switch in on its own.
Minor thing again, but yeah, 'entry hazard support' > 'hazard support' in my opinion. The rest looks alright!
Nasty Plot
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot is a boosting method which boosts Zoroark's Special Attack to massive levels. Dark Pulse is a Dark-type STAB attack and preffered is preferred over Night Daze for its accuracy. The power difference doesn't matter here. Focus Blast has great Base Power, and excellent coverage along with Dark Pulse, making it a very useful option. Flamethrower can be used in the last slot to hit Chesnaught and other Grass-types better, as well as several other typings. Grass Knot can hit heavy targets such as Mega Swampert and Rhyperior quite hard, and thus is an option too.
Good job here, though it's probably fine to keep the 'power difference' stuff. Remove the comma after 'Base Power'. 'Thus' is fine in the last sentence. Remove the comma in the last sentence or add an 'it' before 'is an option too'. Yeah, that again.
Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to look like an opponent, disguise itself as one of its own teammates in the party to trick opponents. which means it can trick opponents by disguising itself as a teammate. (Zoroark is the opponent though) Life Orb gives a power boost to each of Zoroark's damaging attacks, making them even more powerful. Maximized Special Attack increases Zoroark's damage output a lot, letting it damage foes a lot better. The Speed EVs along with a Timid natnure nature is used to outspeed max Speed base 100s such as Entei and Flygon.
Good work in that first sentence! Again, maximum > max, but besides that this looks fine.
Usage Tips
========

Select Pokemon with good synergy in the last slot as Zoroark will benefit the most from its Illusion ability, for example, if having Weezing or Lucario as a teammate. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to set up on entry hazard setters that the opponent might lead with. Nasty Plot should be used on a forced switch, as it will allow Zoroark to sweep. Zoroark can be brought in with a slow momentun momentum gaining move, as it doesn't like taking an attack.
'As' is being used to mean 'because' in the first sentence, so we need that comma before it. The rest of that sentence needs some more fixing, too.
I believe it should be 'momentum-gaining' in the last sentence, though I'm not sure how to explain that.

Team Options
========

Pokemon with good synergy allows Zoroark to optimize use of Illusion, so they're good. Weezing stands out as it formes forms perfect typing synergy. Pokemon that beat Fairy-types make excellent teammates such as Toxicroak and Mega Aggron which wall this set, are excellent choices as well. Fighting-types such as Mienshao threaten Zoroark, so bringing a check or counter to them, such as Florges and Alakazam. (period) are nice teammates.
First sentence: Pokemon is probably plural, so it should be 'allow' rather than 'allows'.
Second sentence: 'as' is being used to mean 'because', so it needs a comma before it. Good job with 'forms'.
Third sentence: whoa this is crazy. Okay, two main ideas here. Toxicroak and Mega Aggron are examples of Pokemon that beat Fairy-types, and Fairy-types wall the set. Let's rearrange the sentence so these ideas are clearer or closer to eachother: Pokemon that beat Fairy-types, which wall this set, make excellent teammates; some examples are Toxicroak and Mega Aggron. Or: Pokemon such as Toxicroak and Mega Aggron beat Fairy-types, which wall this set.
Fourth sentence: Look at this sentence with your edit in mind. 'Fighting-types such as Mienshao threaten Zoroark, so bringing a check or counter to them, such as Florges and Alakazam'. Such as Florges and Alakzam what? This sentence is incomplete. Easy fix: 'such as Florges and Alakazam, is a good idea'.

Special attackers that can't set up on their own taking advantage of Zoroark breaking through special walls, are generally good partners. Examples include Raikou and Shaymin. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Forretress is excellent in order for Zoroark to have an easier time to KO opponents. Entry hazards puts a timer to Zoroark's longevity every time (space in "every time") it switches in, so removal of them by Pokemon such as Flygon is good. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress is good as it can provides a safe switch-in for Zoroark.
That first sentence is pretty awkwardly worded, so we should fix that. That comma is an issue.
'Hazards' is plural, so it should be 'hazards put'.
'Momentum gainers' is plural, so it should be 'momentum gainers [...] provide'. Changing it to 'provides' was incorrect. I can kind of see where you were going with it; maybe you were matching it to 'Forretress', which is singular. However, we're not talking about Forretress, we're talking about Pokemon such as Forretress, and that is plural.
Also, I realize now that my earlier explanation of noun = switch-in isn't very good, because it is being used a noun here but it should not have a hyphen. Let me try again: switch-in refers to a Pokemon that can comfortably switch into something. In the quoted sentence, 'switch-in' is referring to the actual act of switching. It is a noun, but because it doesn't match the definition I gave, it doesn't need the dash.

Mixed Attacker
########

Moves
========

Sucker Punch is a decent priority move which packs good power furthered by STAB. Knock Off is a good, powerful attack which has the utility of removing foe's items. Low Kick hits Pokemon such as Blissey, Snorlax, and Hydreigon hard, which would otherwise wall this set. Flamethrower hits several Pokemon-types for super effective damage and can be used in the last slot. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon very well, has decent coverage, but can be very weak against light-weight opponents. (The reader would know that Grass Knot should be used for heavy Pokemon after reading above.)
Okay, the first sentence is okay until the end: 'foe's items'. Foe's means one foe. However, items means multiple items. One foe can't have multiple items, so this should either be 'the foe's item' or 'foes' items'. I went with the latter, but the former works too.
'Pokemon-types' probably should be fixed. I don't think it needs that dash.
Last sentence: you can't count on the reader having read the previous sets! Furthermore, once you implement your edit the sentence becomes 'Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon very well, has decent coverage'. That's clearly unfinished, so make sure to take that into account.

Set Details
========

Illusion can help Zoroark trick opposing players by implying it is one of its teammates. Life Orb gives a boost to every of Zoroark's damaging attacks and thus is the best choice. The current spread gives a boost to Zoroark's offenses, and allows it to OHKO Mega Swampert and Rhyperior with Grass Knot. The 216 Speed EVs are furthered by a Naive nature, allowing Zoroark to outrun max Speed base 100s such as Shaymin and Entei.
Third sentence... remove the comma or add an 'it' before 'allows'. Again, though, there's another 'it' in that sentence and it refers to Zoroark instead of the spread, so clarify the second 'it' to mean 'Zoroark'. Of course, I'd just remove the comma, as that'd be the quickest fix.
Maximum > max; let's avoid abbreviations.

Usage Tips
========

This Zoroark can be used as a revenge killer because of its good offensive stats and Speed. It's useful to disguise as a teammate with same move choices and preferably good typing, which optimizes Illusion's use. Knock Off if it's unsure what the opponent's gonna do, because most Pokemon do not appreciate the removal of their item. Zoroark can also come in to pick off a weakened Pokemon with Sucker Punch after a teammate has fainted.
Second sentence: there should be something after 'disguise'; let's go with 'disguise Zoroark'.
Third sentence: you don't need that 'it's'. If you must add something there, it should be 'you're'. The more important issue here is 'gonna'; that's definitely informal and needs to be changed.

Team Options
========

As mentioned in Usage Tips, Pokemon with same movepool options or good typing synergy are good partners for Zoroark. Pokemon that beat several Fighting-types that can easily beat Zoroark, such as Noivern and Florges, are nice teammates. Fairy-types are threatening Zoroark if it runs this set, (aren't fairies threatening to Zoroark even if it runs any set?) so a Poison- or Steel-type such as Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, (AC) and Escavalier are good choices. Hazard removal is useful for keeping Zoroark healthy, as it cannot recover from the damage taken. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Vaporeon can grant Zoroark a safe switch in, which is good.
Second sentence: eh, that 'several' doesn't really need to be there in my opinion. You raise a pretty good point in the third sentence; I didn't think of that.
Also in the third sentence: OP says 'a Poison- or Steel-type'. Kind of subtle, but that means it's referring to one thing. But that doesn't match with 'Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, and Escavalier'; that's more than one thing. They have to match, so either have it as 'Poison- or Steel-types' (plural) or 'Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, or Escavalier' (singular).

Other Options
########

U-turn can be used for Zoroark to gain momentum and switch out of its checks and counters, but this way it misses out on a coverage move. Taunt users such as Crobat can cripple defensive Pokemon, but is mostly better used by other Pokemon such as Crobat because of their better bulk. An anti-leading Zoroark with Focus Sash and moves such as Counter can be used, but wastes Zoroark's excellent offensive stats. Pursuit can be used to trap opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types, but Zoroark lacks room for it and it isn't really powerful. Extrasensory is an option to hit Fighting-types for super effective damage, but lacks power and good coverage on the overall. Lastly, Memento can be an option for helping set up sweepers, giving them an easier time to set up, but this wastes Zoroark's offensive potential.
That bulky Crobat stuff was pretty important, so I wouldn't take it out. It does need some rewording, though.
Third sentence: remove comma or add an 'it' (or a 'that' or 'this' or whatever) before 'wastes'. Same idea in the Extrasensory sentence; remove comma or add an 'it' before 'lacks power'. You're probably pretty tired of this by now.
Setup sweepers, not set up sweepers.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Aromatisse, (AC) and Whimsicott can take Zoroark's hits and beat it with a STAB attack. Whimsicott has to be wary of Flamethrower, (comma ===> semi-colon) however.
Yay for serial commas!
Not yay for that semicolon! That should, in fact, stay a comma. You can't add a semicolon before every 'however'; it's a little more complex than that.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Machamp, (RC) can easily take out Zoroark with a powerful STAB attack.

**Priority**: Because of Zoroark's pitiful bulk, any powerful priority attack such as Lucario's Extreme Speed can beat Zoroark.
Yes! No comma before 'such as', so no comma after the examples either.
Well, that was certainly an adventure. I hope this was helpful! I know it's a ton of information at once, but it actually boils down to a few things (the remove comma/add it thing, the commas around examples thing...)

Last edited:

Psywaves

Procrastinating Pedantic Perfectionist™
is a Contributor Alumnus
Add
Capitalise/capital -> lower case

Remove
Comments

Overview
########

Zoroark has a decent signature ability in Illusion, which allows it to play mind games with opponents, though Zoroark's frailty limits its usability. Zoroark also has great mixed offenses and a decent movepool with moves such as Swords Dance and Nasty Plot. Furthermore, Zoroark has a good Speed tier which allows it to outspeed and beat Pokemon such as Chandelure. However, Zoroark is quite frail, meaning it can easily be revenge killed.,(full stop/period -> comma) Zoroark and it is also more or less walled and beaten by common Fighting- and Fairy-types. Furthermore, Zoroark faces competition from Hydreigon and Mega Houndoom as a mixed attacker, as they have better movepools and superior offenses, though Zoroark has higher Speed and access to Illusion. As a physical attacker, Zoroark faces competition from Mega Absol, which has better coverage and power; however, Zoroark's niche lies in Illusion and the fact that it does not take up a Mega slot.

Choice Specs
########

Moves
========

Dark Pulse is Zoroark's preferred STAB move because of its 100% accuracy and chance to make its target flinch, and unlike Night Daze, it doesn't reveal Zoroark's identity. However, Night Daze has more power and a good chance to drop its target's accuracy, though it ruins Zoroark's disguise. Focus Blast has great power and excellent coverage, allowing Zoroark to hit opposing Dark-types, which resist its STAB moves,(comma -> full stop/period). Trick cripples defensive Pokemon, (add back your bit about Trick here, you seem to have deleted it by mistake) leaving them locked into a single move. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon quite well hard, most notably Mega Swampert, Suicune, and Milotic. but it also can deal with Pokemon such as Suicune and Milotic. (Suicune and Milotic are heavy too, so IMO just mention them as notable targets alongside Swampy) Flamethrower has decent power and coverage and hits Chesnaught, Forretress, and Roserade harder than Zoroark's other moves.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise itself as a teammate and trick opponents. Choice Specs gives an additional power boost to Zoroark's Special Attack but locks it into a single move. Maximum Special Attack investment lets Zoroark hit as hard as possible. Maximum Speed investment and a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed base 100s such as Shaymin and Speed tie with base 105s such as Mienshao.

Usage Tips
========

When selecting the team order, try to select a Pokemon that has good typing type synergy with Zoroark in the last slot; this way, the opponent can be tricked into hitting Zoroark with a not very effective attack, giving Zoroark a free turn to attack the foe. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to cripple entry hazard setters with Trick. Trick can also be used to cripple a defensive Pokemon by locking it into a single move; for example, if the foe goes(add space)for Toxic, it will be locked into the move and forced to switch. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow U-turn or Volt Switch is good, as it is too frail to switch in on its own and does not want its Illusion to be broken immediately.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that beat the Fighting-types that threaten Zoroark, such as Florges and Crobat, make for good partners. Pokemon that can beat Fairy-types for Zoroark, such as Nidoqueen, Crobat, and Mega Aggron, are also good choices. Pokemon that share good typing synergy and moves with Zoroark, such as Infernape, are useful to take advantage of Illusion. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Empoleon and Nidoqueen is appreciated in order to KO foes with more ease. Pokemon that can bring in Zoroark with a slow Volt Switch or U-turn, such as Forretress, are good teammates as well.

Swords Dance
########

Moves
========

Swords Dance is Zoroark's boosting move, allowing it to boost its Attack to an insane level. Sucker Punch is a good (if it wasn't good, it wouldn't be on the set) STAB attack with priority, letting Zoroark hit foes that would normally outspeed it. Knock Off is usually more powerful than Sucker Punch and also has the utility of removing the foe's item. Low Kick has great coverage and allows Zoroark to hit Mega Aggron, Empoleon, and Snorlax for super effective damage. Return has decent Base Power and lets Zoroark hit Fairy-types neutrally, which it can't do without it.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to disguise itself as the last teammate in your party and trick opponents. Focus Sash ensures Zoroark can get a Swords Dance when at full health and allows it to play riskier by being able to hit with at least two attacks. Life Orb is a secondary option for an item for more raw power. Maximized offensive Attack EVs are backed by an Adamant nature to ensure that Zoroark can KO Shaymin after Stealth Rock at +2 and have a chance to OHKO Krookodile at +1 . A Jolly nature can be used instead to outspeed maximum Speed Krookodile and Hydreigon.

Usage Tips
========

Use Sucker Punch to pick off weakened Pokemon. Use Swords Dance on a forced switch, (RC) or when you predict that the foe will use a not very effective attack because of Illusion. If you're unsure what to do, use Knock Off; it does good damage and most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Bringing Zoroark in with a slow Volt Switch or Baton Pass is a good idea; this way, Illusion and Focus Sash will stay intact.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that can reliably take care of Fairy-types that wall this set, such as Nidoqueen, Mega Aggron, and Tentacruel, make for good partners. Physical wallbreakers such as Darmanitan, Krookodile, and Haxorus are good choices because of their ability to break through physical walls. Zoroark itself is a good wallbreaker for these teammates. Pokemon that can beat Fighting-types, such as Florges and Crobat, are good partners; the former can also provide Wish support to keep Zoroark healthy. Pokemon that have good typing type synergy with Zoroark, such as Weezing, are excellent partners too because they let Zoroark trick opponents with Illusion better. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen, Forretress, and Roserade is appreciated to give Zoroark an easier time KOing opponents foes. Entry hazard removal from Pokemon such as Crobat and Mega Blastoise is good for Zoroark too, as hazards will break its Focus Sash. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Umbreon are great teammates, as Zoroark will not like to switch in on its own.

Nasty Plot
########

Moves
========

Nasty Plot boosts Zoroark's Special Attack to massive levels. Dark Pulse is a STAB attack and is preferred over Night Daze for its accuracy, as the power difference doesn't matter here. Focus Blast has great Base Power and excellent coverage alongside Dark Pulse, making it a very useful option. Flamethrower can be used in the last slot to hit Chesnaught and other Grass-types better harder, as well as several other Pokemon. Grass Knot can hit heavy targets such as Mega Swampert and Rhyperior quite hard and thus is an option too.

Set Details
========

Illusion allows Zoroark to trick opponents by disguising itself as a teammate. Life Orb gives a power boost to each of Zoroark's damaging attacks, making them even more powerful. Maximized Special Attack increases Zoroark's damage output, and the Speed EVs along with a Timid nature allow Zoroark to outspeed maximum Speed base 100s such as Entei and Flygon.

Usage Tips
========

Select Pokemon that have good synergy with Zoroark, such as Weezing or Lucario, in the last slot to let Zoroark benefit the most from its Illusion ability. This Zoroark can be used as a lead to set up on entry hazard setters. Nasty Plot should be used on a forced switch, as it will allow Zoroark to sweep. Zoroark should be brought in with a slow momentum-gaining move such as U-turn or Volt Switch, as it doesn't like taking an attack while switching in.

Team Options
========

Pokemon that have good synergy with Zoroark allow for optimal use of Illusion, so they're good teammates. Weezing stands out, as it has perfect typing synergy with Zoroark. Zoroark is walled by Fairy-types, so Pokemon that beat them, such as Toxicroak and Mega Aggron, are excellent choices as well. Fighting-types such as Mienshao threaten Zoroark, so checks or counters to them, such as Florges and Alakazam, are nice teammates. Special attackers that can't set up on their own, such as Raikou and Shaymin, can take advantage of Zoroark breaking through special walls, so they are generally good partners. Entry hazard support from Pokemon such as Nidoqueen and Forretress is excellent to give Zoroark an easier time KOing foes. Entry hazards on your side limit Zoroark's longevity every time it switches in, so a teammate that can remove them, such as Flygon, is good. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress are good, as they can provide a safe switch in for Zoroark.

Mixed Attacker
########

Moves
========

Sucker Punch is a decent priority move that packs good power and is boosted by STAB. Knock Off is a good, powerful attack that has the utility of removing foes' items. Low Kick heavily damages Pokemon such as Blissey, Snorlax, and Hydreigon, which would otherwise wall this set. Flamethrower hits several Pokemon for super effective damage and can be used in the last slot. Grass Knot hits heavy Pokemon very well hard, (RC) and has decent coverage, but it can be very weak against lightweight foes.

Set Details
========

Illusion can help Zoroark trick opposing players by disguising it as one of its teammates. Life Orb gives a boost to all of Zoroark's damaging attacks and thus is the best choice of item. The given spread boosts Zoroark's offenses and allows it to OHKO Mega Swampert and Rhyperior with Grass Knot. The Speed EVs are furthered by a Naive nature, allowing Zoroark to outrun maximum Speed base 100s such as Shaymin and Entei.

Usage Tips
========

This Zoroark can be used as a revenge killer because of its good offensive stats and Speed. It's useful to disguise Zoroark as a teammate with the same move choices and preferably good typing to optimize Illusion's use. Use Knock Off if unsure what the opponent's foe's (I guess opponent works, say, in the event of a switch, but if you're referring to being unsure what move the opposing Pokemon is going to use as well then foe would probably be better) going to do, because most Pokemon do not appreciate having their item removed. Zoroark can also come in to pick off a weakened Pokemon with Sucker Punch after a teammate has fainted.

Team Options
========

As mentioned in Usage Tips, Pokemon with the same movepool options or good typing synergy are good partners for Zoroark. Pokemon that beat the Fighting-types that can easily beat Zoroark, such as Noivern and Florges, are nice teammates. Fairy-types threaten this Zoroark set, so Poison- or Steel-types such as Mega Aggron, Toxicroak, and Escavalier are good choices. Entry hazard removal is useful for keeping Zoroark healthy, as it cannot recover the damage taken. Slow momentum gainers such as Forretress and Vaporeon can grant Zoroark a safe switch in, which is good.

Other Options
########

U-turn can be used to let Zoroark gain momentum and switch out of its checks and counters, but it forces Zoroark to miss out on a coverage move. Taunt can cripple defensive Pokemon but is better used by bulkier Pokemon such as Crobat. An anti-lead set with Focus Sash and moves such as Counter can be used, but it is waste of Zoroark's excellent offensive stats. Pursuit can be used to trap opposing Ghost- and Psychic-types, but Zoroark lacks room for it and it isn't really powerful. Extrasensory is an option to hit Fighting-types for super effective damage, but it lacks power and good coverage. Lastly, Memento can be an option to help setup sweepers, givinge setup sweepers them an easier time to setting up, but this wastes Zoroark's offensive potential.

Checks & Counters
########

**Fairy-types**: Fairy-types such as Florges, Aromatisse, and Whimsicott can take Zoroark's hits and beat it with a STAB attack. Whimsicott has to be wary of Flamethrower, however.

**Fighting-types**: Fighting-types such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Machamp can easily take out Zoroark with a powerful STAB attack. (maybe mention their resistance to Zoroark's STAB)

**Priority Attacks**: Because of Zoroark's pitiful bulk, any powerful priority attack, such as Lucario's Extreme Speed, can beat Zoroark.

GP 2/2

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)