UU Zoroark

+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Night Daze vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 374-441 (92.5 - 109.1%) -- 87.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Swampert: 351-413 (86.8 - 102.2%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Night Daze vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 302-356 (83.4 - 98.3%) -- 68.8% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Dark Pulse vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Mega Blastoise: 285-335 (78.7 - 92.5%) -- 37.5% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Night Daze vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin: 341-402 (100 - 117.8%) -- guaranteed OHKO
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Zoroark Dark Pulse vs. 0 HP / 4 SpD Shaymin: 320-378 (93.8 - 110.8%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
Apologizing in advance, because it's late so I'm probably going to say something stupid:

Zoroark may not be directly outclassed by anything when its Illusion is broken, but it is in general a pretty bad mon without those mind games. Stealth Rock is not hard to put on a team which would turn all these into guaranteed KOs so that's a oretty bad argument. It needs the mind games of Illusion to be more than another mediocre mon and that alone makes Night Daze worse. Also what is 95% accuracy?

There's also the fact that the difference is so small it doesn't even really matter. Dark Pulse > Night Daze for sure.

Oh and on an unrelated note, Sucker Punch is absolutely necessary for SD Zoroark to do well, and therefore should be the only final slash. You're preferably setting up when Florges has been removed, regardless. I'd make sure to mention some lures for Florges in the Team Options of the SD set (Now that I think about it, they'd probably make good mentions in all the Team Options)

EDIT: Also for the last spot in Choice Specs, the slash needs to be U-Turn to allow for momentum gaining. Extrasensorry is pretty worthless anyways, even if it does hit Fighting-types, as continual Choice Specs Dark Pulse's / U-Turns will wear them down pretty easily.

EDIT 2: Actually, in thinking about it, the slashes should be Dark Pulse / Focus Blast / U-Turn / Trick, as Focus Blast hits Dark-types such as Hydreigon, and the ability to hit Steel-types isn't necessary with the buff to Dark-types, anyways.

CrushinDefeat

Defeat me if you can... Survive if I let you!
Sturdynips, Kushalos, I hope I've made some drastic improvements to my analysis. Thank you for the comments from everyone.I appreciate all the criticism and advice.(Apologies I didn't realize sooner that I had to tag you to show you my progress).

KM

slayification
is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributor
yeah i'm not buying the dark pulse > night daze argument, i see no reason not to use night daze.

let me explain.

a. unless you're copying hydreigon mega-doom or mega-blastoise (or pz i guess) it's going to be awfully fucking suspicious when you go for the dark pulse or the night daze, either way. not to mention that copying any of these pokes is rather dumb on the special set because florges walls all of them and walls zoro.

b. night daze is just better. let's assume that the rng and miss chance balance each other out (i honestly think the rng is more than worth it but w/e), it just does more damage. You've been shown already how that's relevant.

i guess i could see night daze > dark pulse, but certainly not dark pulse > night daze. I really do think night daze is just undeniably better. zoro is subpar as it is, no need to disadvantage it further by not using one of its cool and actually good moves.

CrushinDefeat

Hazards dont shatter illusion, you said they do in overview

When I speak about it shattering Illusion I don't really mean, Stealth Rocks is going to cause Zoroark to get actually get revealed, however, when I say that hazards shatter Illusion, if the opponent is smart enough they can see the damage and can make clear assumptions that Zoroark has lower HP than the pokemon its hiding as, its not actually supposed to shatter Illusion, rather having hazards up allows the opponent to nick Zoroarks HP which is bad since you want to make sure it blends. (For Example If I send out a Shuckle(Zoroark) and it gets damaged more than usual or damaged, Im pretty screwed if I were to actually send out Shuckle because my opponent now knows that one of them is damaged so if the actual shuckle gets sent out, its going to start fresh then get HP Damage but the Zoroark(Shuckle) may have had damage already from the rocks for example. So you can figure out Zoroark. Im not sure if I made any sense with this. But the Hazards shattering Illusion does not actually mean they destroy the ability and mess up Zoroarks disguise.

Bagon

Banned deucer.
Thats only if you diaguise it as something weak to rocks, maybe clarify.

Edit: I see what youre saying. That has nothing to do with shattering illusion. Just say hazards give it away or something, because shattering illusion implies it breaks illusion.

Ok I'll go through this
-For SD set you mention Naive, change that to Jolly since it's what is in the actual moveset
-Remove Slash of Return from Move 3 and change order to 1) SD 2) Knock Off 3) Sucker Punch 4) Low Kick/U-Turn
-In team options, you say Mega-Blastoise sets up hazards ?_? Change that to a SR'er like Nidoqueen, Swampert, Azelf etc
-For Specs and Nasty Plot, make the slashes Night Daze first, I feel like it's better given the calcs and accuracy drop as opposed to a decrease in power with a Flinch chance
-I think you mean Speed is what counts the most since Timid boosts speed
  • Timid Nature to get as fast as possible, its going to be a special attacker, but SpAtk and Speed are what count the most.
-Mention in both for usage tips that you want to a) Disguise as a mon with good Type Synergy with Zoroark b) takes the same hazard damage c) Has moves in it's movepool that are similar to Zoroark's e.g Azelf tends to carry Knock Off or Flamethrower, two moves Zoroark can carry so you can maintain the Illusion
-Remove mention of Dusknoir in team options of NP set and add walls like Doublade, Crobat, Florges to take the Fighting- and Bug-Type moves aimed at Zoroark
-Move 4HP on Nasty Plot set like all the others
-Mention Grass Knot on specs set to OHKO mons like Rhyperior, Swampert and deal significant damage to Mega-Blastoise and Suicune
-Remove mention of sucker punch from other options, add Mixed set with Knock Off, GK, Flamethrower, Sucker Punch
-In C&C, hazards basically mean that it limits Zoroark's potential to disguise as certain mons like Zoroark not being able to hide as a Staraptor since it takes 2x from SR while Zoroark is neutral, same with Toxic spikes meaning that Zoroark can't hide as a Poison-,Steel- or Flying-Type since no one of them would be hit by Toxic Spikes

Make all those changes and this is QC 1/3

Meru

ate them up
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
I know this is WIP but your format is very wonky due to weird spacing, and there isn't an items tab, so please refer to this:
So your analysis looks cleaner when it gets to the QC stage. Thanks!
This is literally the first post in the thread and it's still a problem. Go back and do it yourself. Don't rely on GP to do it for you. I couldn't even read it because I got annoyed with it.

GatoDelFuego

The Antimonymph of the Internet
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
CrushinDefeat

REMOVE CHANGE COMMENTS

Overview
########
Not even a drop to RU is going to deter Zoroark from doing what it does best, (AC) at causing making mischief and tricking its opponents with its signature ability Illusion. Illusion allows Zoroark to masquerade as teammates available in the party until it's directly damaged, causing Zoroark to be revealed. This gives Zoroark a great niche for psyching out opponents and hit-and-run attacks. In addition to its ability, Zoroark comes with an amazing Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Zoroark's access to Swords Dance and Nasty Plot and a fairly large variety of moves, (RC) give ing it another layer of unpredictability as opponents will be questioning whether it be a physical, special, or even mixed attacker. However even with the access to several stat boosting moves Zoroark is overshadowed by Mega Absol, which specializes as a physical attacker, (AC) and Mega Houndoom, (AC) which specializes as a special attacker. Zoroark also suffers from being frail with its low defenses, causing it to be hard to preserve in battle. While Illusion can disguise Zoroark as its teammates it still can be easily seen identified if entry hazards are set. The residual damage causes opponents to notice the difference in HP between Zoroark and the Pokemon it copies. This also makes it harder for Zoroark to remain effective mid- and late-game as its disguises can be figured out. Poor planning will result in Zoroark getting knocked out as well. Zoroark also struggles against three common weaknesses; Bug-, Fighting-, and Fairy-types which should all be avoided.

Mixed Attacker
########
name: Mixed Attacker
move 1: Knock Off
move 2: Flame Thrower
move 3: Grass Knot
move 4: Sucker Punch
ability: Illusion
item: Life Orb
evs: 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe
nature: Naive

Moves
========
Running on both Attack and Special Attack, Zoroark can utilize Knock Off, (RC) for great damage against opponents as well as getting rid of Choice items, Berries, and Assault Vests. Flamethrower allows gives Zoroark coverage against Bug- and Steel-types such as Forretress and Aggron. Grass Knot for pesky Water-types can OHKO Mega Blastoise, Swampert, (AC) and can 2HKO Suicune. Lastly, Sucker Punch is Zoroarks priority move, Zoroarks, allowing it to take out weaker Pokemon but also allows it to outspeed faster opponents.

Set Details
========
With a spread of 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe, 96 SpA Zoroark is more than capable to take out a specially defensive Swampert out and take out or Rhyperior with ease with a simple Grass Knot. A Hasty nature maximizes Zoroark's Speed to ensure its not outspeed. Furthermore, Life Orb allows Zoroark to dish out more damage against foes, but can harm Zoroark’s health in the long run. Something else, this is just pointless

Usage Tips
========
Zoroarks works best as a hit-and-run mixed attacker. It can work well as a revenge killer, (RC) or can come in on a worn-down Pokemon and finish them off with a Sucker Punch as well. It's best to have Zoroark disguised as teammates that can use Flamethrower and Knock Off, as this ensures that Zoroark can trick its opponents with Illusion. It's recommended to plan ahead and organize teammates during the team preview, (RC) according to what you want to masquerade Zoroark as. Elaborate?

Team Options
========
Synergy is needed for Zoroark to be disguised well. Use moves that other teammates would use, in a case such as this, disguising as a Fire-type such as Infernape that could use Fire Blast. Its also good to have Fighting-type teammates like such as Mienshao and Infernape to be disguised as under, because if the opponent attempts to kill attack them with Psychic moves, Zoroark can easily switch in for free. Alakazam they're out of luck since Dark is immune to Psychic. Having bulky teammates to take hits like Florges is great to help are great in helping out Zoroark's longevity. Spinners are also necessary partners for Zoroark, (RC) to prevent entry hazard damage. Mega Blastoise is a great partner for spinning away hazards. Forretress and Donphan also work as well.

Choice Specs
########
name: Choice Specs
move 1:Dark Pulse/Night Daze
move 2:Focus Blast
move 3:Flamethrower
move 4:Trick
item: Choice Specs
evs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
nature: Timid

Moves
========
Dark Pulse allows gives Zoroark great STAB neutral coverage and allows it to get a 20% chance to flinch opponents, (AC) making it useful to prevent opponents from getting possible hits. It's also a great move to bluff use as a disguised with by having Lucario or Mega Blastoise as teammates. Alternatively, (AC) Night Daze can be used over Dark Pulse, (AC) sacrificing 5% accuracy for more power and a 40% chance to lower the opponent's accuracy. Keep in mind that while Night Daze may might be stronger, it is Zoroark's signature move, (AC) which may might cause opponents to see through Illusion as only Zoroark uses it. Flamethrower allows Zoroark coverage against Bug- and Steel-types, taking Aggron and Heracross out quickly. Focus Blast used to take out other Dark-types and Steel-types in case Flamethrower cannot work. Additionally, (AC) Trick can be used to cripple walls such as Blissey and to free up Zoroark of its Choice Specs from being stuck in one move.

Set Details
========
Zoroark's Speed and Special Attack are boosted to allow it to revenge kill weaker opponents. A Timid nature boosts its Zoroark's Speed to edge out any Choice Scarf users or fast Pokemon. Choice Specs allow Zoroark to demolish its competition with strong special attacks. U-turn can be considered in case Zoroark is dealing with bulky opponents like such as Blissey or Florges that completely wall it. In addition to U-turn, Grass Knot can also be used to OHKO Rhyperior, Swampert, (AC) and deal significant damage towards Mega Blastoise and Suicune.

Usage Tips
========
Zoroark can lead off well, but might be harder to use later if Pokemon are damaged, (AC) it may giving away Illusion. Later, you can Trick the Choice Specs off to mess opponents up if you want to have Zoroark to utilize all its moves. It's best to not have Zoroark switch in on an attack since as this will most likely kill KO it or damage it, (AC) severally ruining its deception illusionary techniques. In regards to Tricking, Tricking it is best usually on an etrey hazard setter or a sweeper as it leaves them stuck with one move. Tricking a Pokemon that is setting up usually will usually mess the opponent up. Make sure to plan ahead of time and lay out the team for Zoroark to determine which team members it becomes.

Team Options
========
Special walls such as Florges support Zoroark if it switches out to take a hit and leave Zoroark healthy. reword please; I don't get this Team members like Spinners such as Donphan, (RC) and Forretress are also necessary to spin off remove any entry hazards to prevent Zoroark from being exposed. Blastoise is a great team member for Zoroark as well because of its spinning capabilities and strong defenses. It's also best to have different Pokemon to masquerade as, having for example a multitude of different types will make it easier for Zoroark to masquerade in with because the moves it may use can be moves that Pokemon uses. what For example if Zoroark pretended to be a an Infernape, it's believable that it can hit a Focus Blast, or if the opponent switches you can predict what they will use to counter the Illusion with another move. This is not worded well Chandelure is also a great partner to have as both Zoroark and it can utilize Flamethrower, this allows Zoroark to be able to fool opponents. Chandeulure's typing means opponents will not likely use Fighting-type attacks against a Zoroark disguised as it is also great against Fighting-types that are dangerous against Zoroark. Chandelure also resists Fairies due to its typing. As always, best to lay out the team entirely in a order thats best for tricking the opponent for previews. this isn't team options

Other Options
########
Zoroark can work as an anti-lead as well because of its access to Memento. (period) Zoroark can leave opponents in shambles for teammates to setup sweep on them. Zoroark can also run Counter + Focus Sash to take out leads and then hit them with Memento. Zoroark can also Taunt entry hazard setters or Taunt users themselves, allowing Zoroark's team to set up leads preventing hazards or setup sweepers from causing mayhem against team members. Zoroark can also us Choice Band for a physical set spread, allowing it to break Physical walls. Explain why it's suboptimal In addition Zoroark can also run a Choice Scarf to outspeed faster opponents such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Cobalion. Alternatively, (AC) it can also run Swords Dance as a physical sweeper with Knock Off, Return, Low Kick, and Sucker Punch. It can help This Zoroark can take out special walls such as Blissey and can also take out other Pokemon with frail defenses as well.

Checks & Counters
########
**Fairy-types**: Florges and Aromatisse are deadly against Zoroark. Florges can essentially wall Zoroark, and Zoroark can't harm Florges, (RC) because of Florges's resistance to Dark-type moves and has great bulk, it stops Zoroark dead in its tracks. Aromatisse to a lesser extant can wall Zoroark to a lesser extent because of its typing.

**Priority Moves **: Priority is Zoroark's worst nightmare, as getting hit causes Illusion to fail, Priority moves should be avoided to prevent loss of Illusion or damage. Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Sucker Punch should all be avoided. Mach Punch has enough strength to KO Zoroark, depending on which Pokemon is using it.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Blastoise, (RC) can take it Zoroark on and kill KO Zoroark it because of its low Defenses and Special Defenses thanks to its bulk. Blissey is also a huge problem because of its resilient Special Defense. (period) and stalling, Because Zoroark is a faster paced Pokemon, it has a hard time dealing with slower, bulkier opponents that can Toxic stall.

**Faster Pokemon**: Cobalion and Choice Scarf Mienshao w/ Choice Scarf have no problem taking out Zoroark. Infernape also can take out Zoroark with relative ease. While not a faster Pokemon Machamp can tank a shot from Zoroark and OHKO with Dynamic Punch. put it somewhere else :|

**Entry Hazards Setters**: Foretress, Donphan and even a wild card like Infernape can set hazards like Stealth Rocks, Toxic Spikes, and Spikes. Hazard setters will cause Zoroark to lose chunks of HP causing it to get KO'ed. Entry hazards such as like Stealth Rocks can will cause opponents to catch onto Illusion, (comma) as a Zoroark disguised as a Staraptor won't take double damage like it's supposed to. Forretress can use Toxic Spikes can give away a Zoroark completely; Forretress is a good user. Illusion can't always trick people the way it's supposed to, and paying attention to the battle can give away Zoroark. Zoroark may get the appearance of a Poison-type or a Steel-type but can get poisoned by Toxic Spikes. this is out of place

1/3

Last edited:

Lord Alphose

All these squares make a circle
is a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Remove
Add
Comment

Overview
########
Not even a drop to RU is going tocan deter Zoroark from doing what it does best, causing making mischief and tricking its opponents with its signature ability Illusion. Illusion allows Zoroark to masquerade as teammates available in the party until it's directly damaged, causing Zoroark to be revealed. This gives Zoroark a great niche for psyching out opponents and hit-and-run attacks. In addition to its ability, Zoroark comes with an amazing Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Zoroark's access to Swords Dance and Nasty Plot,(AC) ands well as a fairly large variety of moves,(AC) give it another layer of unpredictability as opponents will be questioning whether it be a physical, special, or even mixed attacker. However,(AC) even with the access to several stat boosting moves,(AC) Zoroark is overshadowed by Mega Absol, which specializes as a physical attacker, and Mega Houndoom, which specializes as a special attacker. Zoroark also suffers from being frail with its low defenses, causing it to be hard to preserve in battle. WhileAlthough Illusion can disguise Zoroark as its teammates,(AC) it can still can be easily identified if entry hazards are set. The residual damage causes opponents to notice the difference in HP between Zoroark and the Pokemon it copies. This also makes it harder for Zoroark to remain effective mid- and late-game as its disguises can be figured out. Poor planning will result in Zoroark getting knocked out as well. Zoroark also struggles against three common weaknesses; Bug-, Fighting-, and Fairy-types should all be avoided.

Mixed Attacker
########

Moves
========
Running on both Attack and Special Attack, Zoroark can utilize Knock Off for great damage against opponents as well as getting rid of Choice items, Berries, and Assault Vests. Flamethrower gives Zoroark coverage against Bug- and Steel-types such as Forretress and Aggron. Grass Knot can OHKO Mega Blastoise, Swampert, and can 2HKO Suicune. Lastly, Sucker Punch is Zoroark's priority move, allowing it to take out weaker Pokemon but also to outspeed faster opponents.

Set Details
========
With a spread of 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe, Zoroark is more than capable to take out specially defensive Swampert or Rhyperior with a simple Grass Knot. A Hasty nature maximizes Zoroark's Speed. Furthermore, Life Orb allows Zoroark to dish out more damage against foe but at the cost of some recoil.

Usage Tips
========
Zoroarks works best as a hit-and-run mixed attacker. It can work well as a revenge killer or can come in on a worn-down Pokemon and finish them off with a Sucker Punch as well. It's best to have Zoroark disguised as teammates that can use Flamethrower and Knock Off, as this ensures that Zoroark can trick its opponents with Illusion. It's recommended that you plan ahead and organize teammates during the team preview according to what you want to masquerade Zoroark as. Determining what Pokemon goes first, and what Pokemon goes last,(AC) makes a difference in the battle to trick opponents.

Team Options
========
Synergy is needed for Zoroark to be disguised well. Use moves that other teammates would use, such as disguising as a Fire-type such as Infernape that could use Fire Blast. Its also good to have Fighting-type teammates such as Mienshao and Infernape to be disguised as, because if the opponent attempts to attack them with Psychic moves, Zoroark can easily switch in for free. Having bulky teammates to take hits like Florges is great to help Zoroark's longevity. Spinners are also necessary partners for Zoroark to prevent entry hazard damage. Mega Blastoise is a great partner for spinning away hazards., as are Forretress and Donphan also work as well.

Choice Specs
########
move 1: Dark Pulse / Night Daze(Add these spaces)
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Trick

Moves
========
Dark Pulse gives Zoroark great neutral coverage and a 20% chance to flinch opponents, making it useful to prevent opponents from getting possible hits. It's also a great move to use as awhile disguised with by havingas Pokemon such as Lucario or Mega Blastoise. Alternatively, Night Daze can be used over Dark Pulse, sacrificing 5% accuracy for more power and a 40% chance to lower the opponent's accuracy. Keep in mind that while Night Daze be stronger, it is Zoroark's signature move, which might cause opponents to see through Illusion. Flamethrower allows Zoroark coverage against Bug- and Steel-types, taking Aggron and Heracross out quickly. Focus Blast used to take out other Dark- and Steel-types in case Flamethrower cannot work(Are there any Steel-types against which Flamethrower won't work?). Additionally, Trick(Add a space before Trick) can be used to cripple walls such as Blissey and free Zoroark of its Choice Specs.

Set Details
========
Zoroark's Speed and Special Attack are boosted to allow it to revenge kill weaker opponents. A Timid nature boosts Zoroark's Speed to edge out any Choice Scarf users or fast Pokemon. Choice Specs allow Zoroark to demolish its competition with strong special attacks. U-turn can be considered in case Zoroark is dealing with bulky opponents such as Blissey or Florges that completely wall it. In addition to U-turn, Grass Knot can also be used to OHKO Rhyperior, Swampert, and deal significant damage to Mega Blastoise and Suicune.

Usage Tips
========
Zoroark can lead well, but might be harder to use later if Pokemon areit's damaged, giving away Illusion. Later, you can Trick the Choice Specs off to mess opponents up if you want Zoroark to utilize all its moves. It's best to not have Zoroark switch in on an attack as this will most likely KO it or damage it, severally ruining its deception. In regards to Trick,(AC) is bestt is usually best used on an entry hazard setter or a sweeper as it leaves them stuck with one move. Tricking a Pokemon that is setting up will usually mess the opponent up. Make sure to plan ahead of time and lay out the team for Zoroark to determine which team members it becomes.

Team Options
========
Special walls such as Florges can tank hits,(RC) and protect Zoroark from Fairy- and Fighting-types. Spinners such as Donphan and Forretress are also necessary to remove any entry hazards to prevent Zoroark from being exposed. Blastoise is a great team member for Zoroark as well because of its spinning capabilities and strong defenses. It's also best to have different Pokemon to masquerade as, having a variety of teammates allows Zoroark to blend in well. Zoroark can pretended to be an Infernape, asince both can use Focus Blast. If the opponent switches you can predict what they will use to counter the Illusion with another move. Chandelure is also a great partner to have; both Zoroark and it can utilizse Flamethrower. Chandeulure's typing means opponents will not likely use Fighting-type attacks against a Zoroark disguised as it.

Other Options
########
Zoroark can work as an anti-lead as well because of its access to Memento. (period) Zoroark can leave opponents in shambles for teammates to setup sweep on them. Zoroark can also run Counter + Focus Sash to take out leads and then hit them with Memento(Reword this. You take out leads and then hit them with Memento? But they're already KOed?). Zoroark can also Taunt entry hazard setters or Taunt users themselves, allowing Zoroark's team to set up. Zoroark can also use Choice Band for a physical set. Choice Band lets Zoroark hit like a truck allowing it to cut down walls. In addition,(AC) Zoroark can also run a Choice Scarf to outspeed faster opponents such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Cobalion. Alternatively, it can also run Swords Dance as a physical sweeper with Knock Off, Return, Low Kick, and Sucker Punch. This Zoroark can take out special walls such as Blissey and can also take out other Pokemon with frail defenses as well.

Checks & Counters
########
**Fairy-types**: Florges and Aromatisse are deadly against Zoroark. Florges can essentially wall Zoroark****, and Zoroark can't harm Florges because of Florges's resistance to Dark-type moves and its great bulk. Aromatisse can wall Zoroark to a lesser extent.

**Priority Moves(Remove space)**: Priority is Zoroark's worst nightmare, as getting hit causes Illusion to fail. Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Sucker Punch should all be avoided. Mach Punch has enough strength to OHKO(I don't know if that's right. I hope it is.) Zoroark, depending on which Pokemon is using it.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Blastoise can take Zoroark on and,(AC) thanks to its bulk. Blissey is also a huge problem because of its resilient Special Defense. Because Zoroark is a faster paced Pokemon, it has a hard time dealing with slower, bulkier opponents that can Toxic stall.

**Fighting Pokemon-Types(Just keeping it consistent.)**: Cobalion and Choice Scarf Mienshao have no problem taking out Zoroark as they outspeed it. Infernape can also can take out Zoroark with relative ease. Machamp can tank a shot from Zoroark and OHKO with Dynamic Punch.

**Entry Hazards **:Entry hazards such as Stealth Rock will cause opponents to catch onto Illusion, (comma) as a Zoroark disguised as a Staraptor won't take double damage like it's supposed to. Toxic Spikes can give away a Zoroark completely; Forretress is a good user. Illusion can't always trick people the way it's supposed to, andso paying attention to the battle can give away Zoroark.

CrushinDefeat
2/3

Yo, make sure to change the title to "Copyediting."

Last edited:

fleurdyleurse

nobody,not even the rain,has such small hands
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Top Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
hi
Overview
########
Not even a drop to RU can deter Zoroark from doing what it does best, causing mischief and tricking its opponents with its signature ability, Illusion. Illusion allows Zoroark to masquerade as teammates available in the party until it's directly damaged, which causinges Zoroark to be revealed. This gives Zoroark a great niche for psyching out opponents out and hit-and-run attacks. In addition to its ability, Zoroark comes with an amazing Attack, Special Attack, and Speed. Zoroark's access to Swords Dance and Nasty Plot, as well as a fairly large variety of moves, give it another layer of unpredictability as opponents will be questioning whether it beis a physical, special, or even mixed attacker. However, even with the access to several stat boosting moves, Zoroark is overshadowed by Mega Absol, which specializes as a physical attacker, and Mega Houndoom, which specializes as a special attacker. Zoroark also suffers from its low defenses, which causinge it to be hard to preserve in battle. Although Illusion can disguise Zoroark as its teammates, it can still be easily identified if entry hazards are set. The residual damage causes opponents to notice the difference in HP between Zoroark and the Pokemon it copies. This also makes it harder for Zoroark to remain effective mid- and late-game as its disguises can be figured out. Poor planning will result in Zoroark getting knockKOed out as well. Zoroark also struggles against three common weaknesses; Bug-, Fighting-, and Fairy-types should all be avoided.

Mixed Attacker
########
Moves
========
Running oWith investment in both Attack and Special Attack, Zoroark can utilize Knock Off for great damage against opponents as well as getting rid of Choice items, Berries, and Assault Vests. Flamethrower gives Zoroark coverage against Bug- and Steel-types such as Forretress and Aggron. Grass Knot can OHKO Mega Blastoise, Swampert, and 2HKO Suicune. Lastly, Sucker Punch is Zoroark's priority move, which allowings it to take out weaker Pokemon butand also outspeed faster opponents.

Set Details
========
With a spread of 196 Atk / 96 SpA / 216 Spe, Zoroarkit is more than capable to take outeasy for Zoroark to KO specially defensive Swampert or Rhyperior with a simple Grass Knot. A Hasty nature maximizes Zoroark's Speed. Furthermore, Life Orb allows Zoroark to dish out more damage against foes but at the cost of some recoil.

Usage Tips
========
Zoroarks works best as a hit-and-run mixed attacker. It can work well as a revenge killer or can come in on a worn-downeakened Pokemon and finish ithem off with a Sucker Punch . It's best to have Zoroark disguised as teammates that can use Flamethrower and Knock Off, as this ensures that Zoroark can trick its opponents with Illusion. It's recommended that you plan ahead and organize teammates during the team preview according to what you want to masquerade Zoroark as. Determining what Pokemon goes first and what Pokemon goes last makes a difference in the battle to trick opponents.

Team Options
========
Synergy is needed for Zoroark to be disguised well. Use moves that other teammates would use, such as disguising as a Fire-type such as Infernape that could use Fire Blast. Its also good to have Fighting-type teammates such as Mienshao and Infernape to be disguised as, because if the opponent attempts to attack them with Psychic-type moves, Zoroark can easily switch in for free. Having bulky teammates to take hits likesuch as Florges isare great to help Zoroark's longevity. Spinners are also necessary partners for Zoroark to prevent entry hazard damage. Mega Blastoise is a great partner for spinning away hazards, as are Forretress and Donphan.

Choice Specs
########
move 1: Dark Pulse / Night Daze
move 2: Focus Blast
move 3: Flamethrower
move 4: Trick
Moves
========
Dark Pulse gives Zoroark great neutral coverage and a 20% chance to flinch opponents, making it useful to prevent opponents from getting possible hits. It's also a great move to use while disguised as a Pokemon such as Lucario or Mega Blastoise. Alternatively, Night Daze can be used over Dark Pulse, sacrificing 5% accuracy for more power and a 40% chance to lower the opponent's accuracy. KeepBear in mind that while Night Daze beis stronger, it is Zoroark's signature move, which might cause opponents to see through Illusion. Flamethrower allowgives Zoroark coverage against Bug- and Steel-types, taking Aggron and Heracross out quickly. Focus Blast is for coverage against Dark- and Steel-types such as Aggron and Houndoom. Additionally, Trick can be used to cripple walls such as Blissey and free Zoroark of its Choice Specs.

Set Details
========
Zoroark's Speed and Special Attack are boosted to allow it to revenge kill weaker opponents. A Timid nature boosts Zoroark's Speed to edge out any Choice Scarf users or fast Pokemon. Choice Specs allows Zoroark to demolish its competition with strong special attacks. U-turn can be considered in case Zoroark is dealing with bulky opponents such as Blissey or Florges that completely wall it. In addition to U-turn, Grass Knot can also be used to OHKO Rhyperior, Swampert, and deal significant damage to Mega Blastoise and Suicune.

Usage Tips
========
Zoroark can lead well, but might be harder to use later if it's damaged, giving away Illusion. Later, you can Trick the Choice Specs off to mess opponents up if you want Zoroark to utilize all its moves. It's best to not have Zoroark switch in on an attack as this will most likely KO it or damage it, severalely ruining its deception. In regards to Trick, it is usually best used on an entry hazard setter or a sweeper as it leaves them stuck with one move. Tricking a Pokemon that is setting up will usually mess the opponent up. Make sure to plan ahead of time and lay out the team for Zoroark to determine which team members it becomes.

Team Options
========
Special walls such as Florges can tank hits and protect Zoroark from Fairy- and Fighting-types. Spinners such as Donphan and Forretress are also necessary to remove any entry hazards to prevent Zoroark from being exposed. Blastoise is a great team member for Zoroark because of its spinning capabilities and strong defenses. It's also best to have different Pokemon to masquerade as, having a variety of teammates allows Zoroark to blend in well. Zoroark can pretended to be an Infernape, as both of them can use Focus Blast. If the opponent switches, you can predict what they will use to counter the Illusion with another move. Chandelure is also a great partner to have; both Zoroark and it can use Flamethrower. Chandeulure's typing means opponents will not likely use Fighting-type attacks against a Zoroark disguised as it.

Other Options
########
Zoroark can work as an anti-lead as well because of its access to Memento, Counter, and a Focus Sash. Zoroark can take a hit with Counter, and hang on with its Focus Sash. After this, Zoroark can either use Sucker Punch or go straight for Memento, which leaves the opponents Pokemon as set up bait. Zoroark can also Taunt entry hazard setters or Taunt users themselves, allowing Zoroark's team to set up. Zoroark can also use Choice Band for a physical set. Choice Band lets Zoroark hit like a truck, allowing it to cut downbreak walls. In addition, Zoroark can also run a Choice Scarf to outspeed faster opponents such as Mienshao, Infernape, and Cobalion. Alternatively, it can also run Swords Dance as a physical sweeper with Knock Off, Return, Low Kick, and Sucker Punch. This Zoroark can take out special walls such as Blissey and can also take out other Pokemon with frail defenses as well.

Checks & Counters
########
**Fairy-types**: Florges and Aromatisse are deadly against Zoroark. Florges can essentially wall Zoroark****, and Zoroark can't harm Florges because of Florges's resistance to Dark-type moves and its great bulk. Aromatisse can wall Zoroark to a lesser extent.

**Priority Moves**: Priority is Zoroark's worst nightmare, as getting hit causes Illusion to fail. Mach Punch, Bullet Punch, and Sucker Punch should all be avoided.; Mach Punch is extremelyven more dangerous and should be avoided at all costs. Hitmonlee and Infernape can 2HKO a physically defensive Zoroark with Mach Punch.

**Bulky Pokemon**: Blastoise can take Zoroark on, thanks to its bulk. Blissey is also a huge problem because of its resilient Special Defense. Because Zoroark is a faster paced Pokemon, it has a hard time dealing with slower, bulkier opponents that can Toxic stall.

**Fighting-Ttypes**: Cobalion and Choice Scarf Mienshao have no problem taking out Zoroark as they outspeed it. Infernape can also take out Zoroark out with relative ease. Machamp can tank a shohit from Zoroark and OHKO with Dynamic Punch.

**Entry Hazards **: Entry hazards such as Stealth Rock will cause opponents to catch onto Illusion, as a Zoroark disguised as a Staraptor won't take double damage like it's supposed to. Forretress is a great entry hazard user, and Donphan can work as well. Toxic Spikes can give away a Zoroark completely; Illusion can't always trick people the way it's supposed to, so paying attention to the battle can give away Zoroark.

GP 3/3

Last edited:

CrushinDefeat

Hard to believe this was my first analysis, looking back at this now, I realize there were countless mistakes I started with. Hopefully I keep perfecting my craft and working hard to improve my writing, as always a thank you for all of the criticism, there were tons, which was great but also bad on my part. I thank the QC'ers for the advice and idea's, I thank the GP'ers for their help as well, and as always biggest thanks to the community for helping me out tremendously. Thank you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)