Non-Pokébank OU Zygarde is pretty good

So I haven't shown a team on Smogon for quite some time, but while messing with this Gen of Pokemon, I've built a team I would like to share. This team isn't perfect as about half of it could be switched around and that is another reason I am posting it here to let people see it and help if they have better suggestions as I am, by no means, an expert. (Sorry for no pictures in the Teambuilding process, I couldn't find pictures that looked good for that portion)

TEAMBUILDING PROCESS:

This team started around me wanting to use Choice Scarf Tapu Lele actually as the base for the team.
Next, I knew I wanted a Fairy/Dragon/Steel core and immediately thought of Mega-Scizor for the Steel portion.
After that, I needed to think of the Dragon portion and after some thought I remembered fighting a few Substitute 50% Zygarde and figured that could be an interesting addition.
Once we got the core built, I figured I should add a Stealth Rock user which left us with Nihilego and Mamoswine as the best options. I chose Nihilego for its good use on another team I used, Mamoswine is still a definite option for the team overall.
Then I knew I wanted a strong Special Attacker to work with Tapu Lele and after a lot of thought Choice Specs Ash-Greninja became our pick as it also has a nice Ghost resistance.
Finally, I wanted to round the team out with a fast physical attacker that could also use Lele's terrain a bit and after some thought on that I decided to include Kartana.

The Team:

Nihilego @ Focus Sash
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Power Gem
- Sludge Wave
- Thunderbolt
- Stealth Rock

-A pretty powerful lead Pokemon a lot of the time with good damage and access to the important Stealth Rock that we need. The build is rather standard and we run Thunderbolt as its extra coverage move to hit Water-types like Toxapex harder than any other move we have access to before it goes down.

Greninja-Ash @ Choice Specs
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Dark Pulse
- Ice Beam
- U-turn

-This has been a rather fun Pokemon when I've really needed it overall. Choice Specs buffs its Special Attack to fantastic levels and after Battle Bond, this thing hits even harder and faster for a good pseudo-Meag Evolution. The moveset is rather standard except for U-Turn. I chose U-Turn for the last move as a lot of the time the opponent will switch out and so we can get off a U-Turn to go into something else and give us a second Pokemon with access to the move giving us a slow U-Turn user and a fast one as well.

Tapu Lele @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Psychic Surge
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Psychic
- Moonblast
- Shadow Ball
- Focus Blast

-This is what the team started out with and Tapu Lele hasn't disappointed me whatsoever. Choice Scarf and its terrain have been wonderful together and overall makes a powerful combination that is a major threat to a lot of teams. Once again, the build is rather standard and the moves are there for coverage and STAB and the EVs are needed for maximum power and speed.

Zygarde @ Leftovers
Ability: Aura Break
EVs: 188 HP / 252 Atk / 68 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Thousand Arrows
- Extreme Speed
- Dragon Dance
- Substitute

-In previous battles, I saw people using a Substitute Zygarde and so I decided to build me own. I didn't know what the set was and couldn't find people using it online, didn't bother looking on here for XY until before posting this, and so I built these EVs on my own. Giving him enough HP to create 101 HP Substitutes and maxing his attack and putting the rest into Speed to work with Dragon Dance. This thing has amazed me by being a fantastic counter to Celesteela as they always try to use Leech Seed and fail as we get our Sub up and then can Dragon Dance twice as they need two Heavy Slam to break our Sub. Overall, this Pokemon works great against what needs to switch our or Stall as we can get a Sub and Dragon Dance once or twice and then use Thousand Arrows until we win.

Scizor-Mega @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 32 Atk / 88 Def / 128 SpD / 12 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Roost
- Swords Dance

-Our Mega Pokemon of choice. You might think that Scizor and Tapu Lele wouldn't mix, but there have been very few times where Lele's terrain has forced me to not use Scizor and if you are smart about switching and such it doesn't really become a problem. The moveset is rather standard and the EVs are to allow him maximum bulk to survive numerous different hits while the speed is to outspeed non-Scarf'd Magnezone and U-Turn out.

Kartana @ Life Orb
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Leaf Blade
- Smart Strike
- Sacred Sword
- Night Slash

-Honestly this is probably the most replaceable member of the team as there have only been a few times I've needed him to do something. I chose him for the wide array of moves and great speed and good use of Life Orb to round out the team and use Lele's terrain a bit more with Kartana and Greninja both appreciating it. His moveset is standard and so are the EVs really so there's not much else to really say.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)