Boy, what a year it's been. Plus, we've still got Christmas and Halloween right around the corner! Work doesn't stop here at Smogon for the holidays though. Black 2 and White 2's release has yet to slow down, and we're still busy getting everything up to date and revising content. Feel free to stop by C&C if you think you have what it takes to help out.
Anyway, onto the Trivia! I would like to think that after the easiness of last issue's questions, there'd be some more incentive to participate this time around. Well, let's look at the answers:
- In the water of Route 21 in Kanto of Generation IV, only two Pokémon have an encounter rate of less than 5%. What are they?
Using Rods, Shellder and Lanturn are both at 3% encounter rates.
- Of Arcanine's Generation V learnset, how many moves have at least 90 Base Power?
- In the TCG Expansion Set, Gym Heroes, which Pokémon, if any, are featured as belonging to Trainers that never owned them in the video games, anime, or manga?
Erika's Clefairy / Dratini / Dragonair, Lt. Surge's Rattata / Raticate / Spearow / Fearow, Misty's Shellder / Cloyster / Poliwrath / Tentacool / Tentacruel, Sabrina's Venonat / Gastly / Haunter / Gengar, Brock's Lickitung / Sandshrew / Sandslash / Mankey , Blaine's Tauros / Kangashkan.
- In which spin-off game(s) does Darkrai play a major role?
Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia and PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness.
- Name two Pokémon that lose Speed upon evolution.
Caterpie, Magneton, Onix, Scyther, Wurmple, Anorith, Karrablast, and Tynamo are all viable answers.
- What is the highest leveled Pokémon that you can naturally face in the wild?
- How many abilities have no relevance in battle? Name them.
Honey Gather and Illuminate are the only ones now that Stench and Pickup have relevant abilities.
- Name all moves that have been TMs for at least two generations, but have since been replaced/removed.
Snatch, Skill Swap, Steel Wing, Secret Power, Iron Tail, Giga Drain, Bullet Seed, Water Pulse, Focus Punch, and Dream Eater.
- I'm in Goldenrod City in Generation IV. I've just bought myself two cans of Lemonade, three Ultra Balls, ten Revives, five Max Potions, and one TM38 Fire Blast. How much have I spent?
37300. What a high roller.
- Which Pokémon has the largest density value?
At 0.6m tall, and an assumed conical shape, combined with a weight of 105kg, Munchlax takes the cake, no pun intended.
Congratulations to PKMN Hunter 18 and Coronis for tying for first. You know the drill, PM the resident admin-in-chair for your prize of a custom title.
Well, you know what they say, "no rest for the wicked!" Let's get right into the new series of questions. It's not changed at all; send your answers to The Smog in a PM titled "Issue X Polls/Trivia". Good luck, stay sharp, and EXCELSIOR!
- Excluding Ubers, if you built a team with the six fastest Pokémon in existence, what is the BST of your team?
- Assuming all Arceus count as a single Pokémon, which ability/abilities is/are the rarest in Ubers?
- Name three Pokémon that have made appearances in TCG World Championships finals that have never been in OU by Smogon standards.
- Name all the Pokémon that can be captured within the Ranger School grounds (of Ranger: Shadows of Almia) without the use of any Target Clear Field Assists.
- What is the name of the home location of Rayquaza in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Red/Blue Rescue Team?
- Name all abilities present in Pokémon Conquest that are not present in the RPG games.
- In HG/SS, who is the first Trainer to offer you a trade?
- Which incenses do not increase the power of typed attacks?
- How many battle-relevant held items were introduced in Black/White?
- What is the most common type in the D/P/Pt Regional Pokédex?
~ Prof. Zy