Insider X & Y Leaks, Straight From the Playground
Pokémon X & Y are an agonizing four months away. The rumors flying around on websites like Pokébeach have made things even worse; I've become obsessed with finding out more about these games. Through my obsessive searching on the Internet for new information, I discovered an anonymous tip that someone at the local elementary school apparently had a wealth of information on the new games. I snuck into the school’s playground at recess time and asked the surrounding children where I could find this alleged information source. A young boy on the swings told me that all the cool kids hung out underneath the slide playset. If this kid was handing out information about the new Pokémon games, there was no doubt he was on the top of the schoolyard hierarchy and the coolest kid in school. In a flash, I was there.
There he was, a chubby 5th grader with a cluster of other younger kids sitting around him. Bright red light radiated behind him from the sun beating down on the red plastic slide we were underneath. He had a Hi-C juicebox in hand with two additional crumpled containers and an empty McDonalds box sitting to his right. He introduced himself as Jeffery. I sat down and asked for information on the new game. Jeffery started spewing the most outlandish leaks about the games I had ever heard. I was steamed by the end of his rant and ready to storm off when I asked where he got all this information.
He replied with, "My dad works at Nintendo."
That was it. THIS was the real deal. This kid was directly linked to the source. With his credibility confirmed, I took out my notepad and began scribbling note on what the new games were to hold.
- Fennekin's final evolution will be Fire / Fighting type. Additionally, Froakie's and Chespin's final evolutions will also be Fire / Fighting type.
- Later in the game, you visit Mossdeep City. If you have 6 stars on your trainer card, you can go into space with the Mossdeep space shuttle and catch Darkrai.
- There's a new move called God Kill. To get it, you need to find the Azure Flute and fight Arceus. You must command your Pokémon to KO Arceus while you throw a Lure Ball at it. If you catch it, show the dead Arceus to the lady that teaches you Draco Meteor and she will teach one of your Pokémon God Kill.
- If you catch Arceus without KOing it at the same time, Deoxys will show up after you catch it and break the Pokéball. It then kills Arceus and infects Arceus's body, making Deoxys-Arceus form. It comes knowing Hydro Pump, Thunder, Fire Blast, and a new move called Werewolf Blast.
- You can now buy Super Pokéballs. Super Pokéballs allow you to steal Pokémon from other trainers. However, you need to trade in four Mews each for one. They can also only be bought at a secret store that is unveiled on your map after completing the Pokédex including shiny forms.
- Pokémon walk outside of their Pokéballs again like in HGSS; however, if you run with the same Pokémon in the active spot for too long, the Pokémon will become wild again, then chase after you and try to eat you.
- As we've recently learned, the games will feature the long speculated Fairy-type. The resistances sync up with the widely spread leaks. Additionally, another new type will be introduced, the Super Fire-type. Super Fire-type Pokémon hit all Pokémon for super effective damage and are immune to all other types. The Charmander line are all now Super Fire-types.
- Eevee evolves into Sylveon when the player is mistreated by his or her babysitter.
- There will be a new Pokémon called Inkay that has multiple evolutions à la Eevee. The evolutions depend on physically doing things with your 3DS while it evolves:
- Inkay will evolve into Malimar, the Psychic / Dark type, when it levels up while holding your 3DS upside down.
- Inkay will evolve into Skylimar, the Psychic / Flying type, when it levels up while you’re throwing your 3DS in the air.
- Inkay will evolve into Cynlimar, the Psychic / Fire type, when you level up while your 3DS is on fire.
- The first Gym is Bug, the second is Fairy, and the fourth is Fighting. The fifth Gym is Water / Ground to celebrate the inclusion of dual-type attacks like Muddy Water and Mud Sport. The Gym Leaders are conjoined twins.
- Mario is now a Pokémon. To unlock him, you need to first beat the Elite Four 100 times with your starter alone. Then, before your 101st Elite Four battle, release your starter and catch a Magikarp. Name it Mario. Beat the Elite Four with it. Mario should be in your PC's 16th box. Additionally, this also unlocks Magikarp as a playable character in Super Mario 3D Land.
- Gogoat has an evolution by the name of Gagoatfast. It resembles a more muscular, intimidating Gogoat. Like Gogoat, Gagoatfast can escort players around Lumiose City, but it's faster, more fuel efficient, and comes with air conditioning and jumbo cup holders.
- The 100% Pokémon catch button combo has changed from B + Down to X + L + R + Select + Right + Home. You also need to flick the 3D switch up and down repeatedly.
- Blast Burn is now a 100% accurate OHKO attack. When I asked if Frenzy Plant and Hydro Cannon would receive the same treatment, he replied with "no, because Water- and Grass-types are dumb".
- Charizard receives a new evolution called CharXzone. He described the evolution as "A big dragon with a lot of laser beams". When I asked him to elaborate, he explained it has a laser beam on its back, laser beams for hands, a laser beam for a tongue, and laser beams for teeth.
- Pokémon are now more powerful the more awesome their names are. Jeffery claims Pokémon named "Boob" and "Fart" are the most powerful.
- If you hold a piece of paper over your 3DS for an hour with the 3D on while it's showing a Pokémon's summary screen, the paper will turn into a Pokémon Card.
- Mewtwo has two new formes. The first form is the Awakened Forme we already know about. The second forme is Mewtwo's secret Nuclear Ninja Forme. According to Jeffery, you need to trade your Mewtwo over to him since he's the only one who knows how to do it. Additionally, he mentions that it doesn't always work and that sometimes the Mewtwo has to stay on his game cartridge or it will die.
- One in every one million Ditto will be holding an item called the Super Gene Root. If you take this to the game's museum where you revive Pokémon, the caretaker will revive a Mew.
- If you use a Water Stone on Shaymin in X & Y, it will evolve into Sonic the Hedgehog. Sonic is a Rock / Steel type.
- If you can fit Pokémon Yellow into the side slot of the 3DS and play X & Y, your Pikachu in Yellow will become evil and have scabby eyes. He was actually able to provide me with a screenshot.
- Latios and Latias can now be bred in the Day Care. They will produce a Manaphy Egg when left alone long enough.
- Giving a Level 100 Darkrai a Dusk Stone will evolve it into Super Nightmare Master Darkrai EX. It will then learn World Destroy, God Kill, Universe Shatter, and Shadow Ball.
- If you catch a Staryu, kill 100 Bug-type Pokémon with it, then evolve it into Starmie; Misty will appear and take you to her gym. If you beat her, she will marry you.
- Combusken can now learn Fly if it's level 99. If you fly with it to every city in the Kalos region, then use a Rare Candy on it, it will evolve into Ho-Oh and immediately learn Superpower.
- There are no new fossil Pokémon in X & Y. However, if you find all the fossils and bring them to the museum in Lumiose City, the owner will morph them together into a fossil knight composed of all the other fossil Pokémon. According to Jeffery, it has Aerodactyl for hands.
- If you catch a Pokémon, name it N, then kill a shiny Pokémon with it, N will appear and tell you you're mistreating Pokémon. He then battles you. If you win, you get his hat, which you can sell at a Pokémart to receive 100 Master Balls. If you lose, N turns you into a Pokémon.
- If you catch Xerneas and Yveltal and have them fight together in a double battle, the evil god Pokémon Satanolos will appear after you win. If you defeat him without losing either of your Pokémon, he will give you the Rainbow Scale, which you can trade to Professor Birch for the LevelMachine+. This allows your Pokémon to train to level 200.
- Hydreigon has a new evolution with four heads and super cool red eyes. Its signature attack is Dark Beam, which kills your Pokémon forever.
- If you've caught every Pokémon and lie in your in-game bed for 20 minutes, then press the home button, you will be warped into the real Pokémon world.
This is obviously huge information. If you're up for discussing these rumors and leaks, head over to the Pokémon X & Y Discussion thread on our forums. Everyone else ignores the rules on the first page anyway, so you're not doing too much harm.