Before battling your opponent, make sure to follow these rules:
- All matches must be played on Pokemon Online.
- All battles will be standard BW OU.
- You are not allowed to use pokémon, abilities, ability combinations, moves, or items classified as "Uber".
- All tiers are based on Smogon tiers. The current status of the appropriate standard ladder will be function as the prevailing tier list. Important: Due to the potential of massive changes to the metagame as a result of the release of Black and White 2 in the middle of the tournament, this year the tier will be frozen when sign-ups are posted and official tier changes will not be taken into account in subsequent rounds.
- Species Clause: A player cannot have two of the same pokémon on their team. For example, a player cannot have two Koffing on his or her team.
- Sleep Clause: A player cannot put two or more different opposing Pokémon to sleep using attacks that induce sleep to opposing pokémon.
- Evasion Clause: A player cannot increase their Pokémon's evasion stat with a move that specifically increases evasion. Items or indirect boosts do not break this clause.
- OHKO Clause: Players cannot use moves that have a chance of instantly KO opposing Pokémon. For example, Horn Drill is an illegal move to have on a Pokémon's move set.
- WiFi Clause: Team preview must be turned on.
- If a battle ends in a draw, a rematch will occur with the option for both players to change teams.
- Timed Battle must be enabled.
Violating these rules will earn a loss for your team and may result in you being banned from all future World Cups.