Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 35 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y-Zard has the Drought ability. M-Doom has solar power, R-Venu has Chlorophyll, M-Venu has Thick Fat.

So I'd suggest Zard first, but if you don't want that mega, Doom is a more sun oriented one than Venu.
Yeh but its just that I don't have one grass type and I already have two fires so I'm thinking... Edit: Yeh maybe mega venesaur

Except Mega Venusaur's ability is Thick Fat, not Chlorophyll, so if you want to really take advantage of the sun, then I'd say Mega Houndoom. Regular Venusaur could still work on Sun.
I'm fully aware that Mega Venusaur's ability is Thick Fat... Mega Houndoom is just terrible compared to it.

Miku-chan07

Banned deucer.
I am looking for a perfect 5IV-6IV compound eye Icy Snow Vavillion! Nicknameable prefured!

I have a perfect 5IV Egg Move, Sturdy, Shiny Kalos Bred Steelix to trade for one!

I'm fully aware that Mega Venusaur's ability is Thick Fat... Mega Houndoom is just terrible compared to it.
Some things work better than other things on certain teams regardless of how good they are alone. You can't just throw M-Doom on a random team and expect it to do great, but it isn't an absolutely terrible mega.
I've had a little success with it myself, and that's saying something considering how bad I am at Pokemon in general.

Some things work better than other things on certain teams regardless of how good they are alone. You can't just throw M-Doom on a random team and expect it to do great, but it isn't an absolutely terrible mega.
I've had a little success with it myself, and that's saying something considering how bad I am at Pokemon in general.
I agree to an extent, I just find Mega Houndoom to be a huge waste of a mega stone. I'm currently testing out a Rapid Spin Swift Swim Kabutops on a rain team, and it's working out pretty well.

Is there anyone willing to trade me OU legendaries (Heatran, Cresselia, Suicune, Kyurem, etc.) in exchange for Kalos-bred pokemon? Its pretty hard to find someone who has good OU legendaries for trade who doesn't already have every useful breedable pokemon.

Is there anyone willing to trade me OU legendaries (Heatran, Cresselia, Suicune, Kyurem, etc.) in exchange for Kalos-bred pokemon? Its pretty hard to find someone who has good OU legendaries for trade who doesn't already have every useful breedable pokemon.
Just get them off of pokecheck if you're intending to use them for yourself.

I agree to an extent, I just find Mega Houndoom to be a huge waste of a mega stone. I'm currently testing out a Rapid Spin Swift Swim Kabutops on a rain team, and it's working out pretty well.
I can respect that opinion, but in my own opinion the whole "waste of a mega" is kinda an invalid argument. Don't get me wrong, I realize ZardY is better than M-Doom overall, but if everyone always used it for that reason then we'd only see like half of the Megas. Oh well, I suppose that's why we have tiers. And that Kabutops sounds pretty cool, by the way. :)

Tatertot

always the poet, never the poem
is a Community Contributor Alumnus
Yeah, idk though, Sun effectively reverses the Fire immunity Thick Fat grants M-Vena. While Vena is generally a much better mega than Houndoom, they each have their own specific role to play. Houndoom is definitely better as an all-out attacker than Venusaur, but you've gotta love Venusaur's bulk. I'm a Venusaur fan myself :)

Yeah, idk though, Sun effectively reverses the Fire immunity Thick Fat grants M-Vena. While Vena is generally a much better mega than Houndoom, they each have their own specific role to play. Houndoom is definitely better as an all-out attacker than Venusaur, but you've gotta love Venusaur's bulk. I'm a Venusaur fan myself :)
It's not like you have to mega evolve right away, either. You can take full advantage of the Chlorophyll boost M-Venusaur gets before mega evolving to clear some threats, then proceed to mega evolve.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 3)