CAP 19 Pre-Evo - Part 8 - Pokedex Submissions

Status
Not open for further replies.

DHR-107

Robot from the Future
is a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Pokemon Researcheris a Smogon Media Contributor
Orange Islands
Time to get this finished up! All we have left to go are the sprites and the dex entries! So, I know a lot of you really like this section and I want to see some REALLY good Pokedex entries off people!

EDIT: Forgot to add this. Put in a ballpark figure of what you want the height/weight to be! Just something rough, does not need an explanation or anything.

Here are the dex entries for Plasmanta to get you in the mood and maybe give you some inspiration:

Plasmanta, the Great Manta Pokemon

X: Revered as a god in ancient times due to its sheer size, its venom is known for its conduction properties.

Y: Research has found that Plasmanta venom has a resistance of precisely one Ohm, a godsend for certain technologies.

In this thread you may post your entries for critique and eventually submit them for the poll. Please read the following rules before doing so!:

Legal Pokedex submissions must meet the following standards:
  • Pokedex Entries must have flawless grammar. Smogon has a Grammar & Prose team that will help identify mistakes.
  • Pokedex Entries cannot be longer than 25 words.
  • Pokedex Entries can only contain the following characters:
    • Letters A-Z
    • Numbers 1-9
    • Dash (-)
    • Apostrophe (')
    • Period (.)
    • Comma (,)
    • Colon (:)
    • Semi-colon (;)
    • Space
Work In Progress (WIP) Pokedex Entries can be posted at any time for comments from the community.

No more than three WIP Pokedex Entries can be posted by any individual person through the entire course of the submission thread. This limit applies to ALL posts made by a single person, even if previous posts are edited or deleted. This limit is intended to curb the tendency for some submitters to spam the thread repeatedly with multiple Pokedex Entries. This detracts from other submissions and makes it difficult for commenters to survey the submission thread.

Do not bump your WIP Pokedex Entries by posting them repeatedly, or making minor wording changes. Bumping will result in the disqualification of all Pokedex Entries by the offender. Editing or deleting bump posts will not prevent disqualification.

Only ONE Final Submission can be made per person.
Pokedex entries Final Submissions must posted exactly in the following format and in the following exact order:
  • The first line of the post must have the words "Final Submission" in bold on it's own line. No other text may be included before the bold heading.
  • A blank line
  • "<Pokemon Name>, the <Species Name> Pokemon", with the Pokemon name and the Species Name in bold
  • A blank line
  • The X Pokedex Entry submission. Start with the letter "X" in bold, then a colon (:), and then the Pokedex entry.
  • A blank line
  • The Y Pokedex Entry submission. Start with the letter "Y" in bold, then a colon (:), and then the Pokedex entry.
Below the Final Submission you can post other comments, explanations, etc.

Example final submission:
Final Submission

Victini
, the Victory Pokémon

X: This Pokémon brings victory. It is said that Trainers with Victini always win, regardless of the type of encounter.

Y: When it shares the infinite energy it creates, that being’s entire body will be overflowing with power.
Any Final Submission that does not follow the proper format will be disqualified. I mean it this time.

I am allowing you guys to post final subs from the start, and this thread will be open for about 36 Hours from now.

Our Prevo so far (in its entirity):

Name: Snugglow
Typing: Electric/Poison
Abilities: Storm Drain / Vital Spirit / Telepathy
Stats: 40 HP / 37 Atk / 79 Def / 91 SpA / 68 SpD / 70 Spe (BST 385)
Movepool: CaP 19 Pre-Evo - Part 5 - Move Pool Submissions

Last edited:

dhelmise

banend doosre
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
Final Submission

Snugglow,
the Comforting Pokemon

X: Snugglow bring comfort and relaxation. When feeling threatened, Snugglow direct jolts of electricity towards the Person or Pokemon threatening it, causing paralysis.

Y: Snugglow are always blithe. When sharing its jovial energy with others, a yellow aura surrounds it, electrocuting People and Pokemon that don't deserve it's jubilee.

Height 1 meter Weight 3-4 kg

Last edited:
Final Submission

Snugglow,
the Relaxation Pokemon

X: Pokemon contest participators make it a must to catch Snugglow and Munchlax, as the sight of them huddled together sleeping melts the judge's heart.

Y: Snugglow are often found following Wailord, as they are curious of its gigantic size and want to be like it, someday.

I made it's species the relaxation Pokemon because it seems to be so comfortable! The X entry is pretty self explanatory, as Snugglow is like a pillow, comfortable for sleeping with and Munchlax likes to sleep. The Y entry is related to Plasmanta's huge size and how someday Snugglow will become that. It's a sort of inspiration for Snugglow to try and get bigger. For height and weight Id say around 1 m tall and 5 kg weight

Last edited:

Unsee

so smart me, enjoy book so much
is an Artist
WIP

Snugglow
, the Joy Bringer Pokémon

X: Snugglow can differentiate between blissful and malicious auras. One will do all in its power to reverse nastiness into good.

Y: While sleeping, it appears vulnerable to predators. In reality, its antennae always are scouting for danger and can secrete a tranquilizing venom at short notice.

The Y's at 25 words! :3

WIP

Snugglow,
the Relaxation Pokemon

X: Pokemon contest participators make it a must to catch Snugglow and Munchlax, as the site of them huddled together sleeping melts the judge's heart.

Y: Snugglow are often found following Wailord, as they are curious of it's gigantic size and want to be like it, someday.

I made it's species the relaxation Pokemon because it seems to be so comfortable! The X entry is pretty self explanatory, as Snugglow is like a pillow, comfortable for sleeping with and Munchlax likes to sleep. The Y entry is related to Plasmanta's huge size and how someday Snugglow will become that. It's a sort of inspiration for Snugglow to try and get bigger
For grammar purposes, you should change "site" to "sight" in the X entry and in Y, change "it's" to "its." I love your entries so much!

Last edited by a moderator:
WIP

Height 0.7m, Weight 3Kg
(Don't know in lbs and in)

Snugglow, the Playful Pokemon

X: It is a carefree spirit. It floats around as if nothing is wrong, and its cute and adorable demeanor will lighten the darkest of hearts.

Y: Kalosians commonly refer to this Pokémon as "The Angel of Death", due to its swift yet graceful assault on prey, utilizing toxins and electric shocks.

OR

Y: This Pokemon loves to hug anything. However, it has poisonous spikes in it's fluffy fur, and, when touched, discharges over 1MV into it's victim.

OK. First one is for X. As X is about life, it should be the cheery one. Just look at snugglow. It could even make any one smile.
Y has Yveltal, so it is the darker one. First is about a graceful assassin, while the latter... Kinda get ideas from here. (Just see the first 4 panels)

Last edited:
WIP

Snugglow
, the Jovial Pokemon

X: Always on the move, Snugglow's hyperactive temperament has led to ongoing research regarding its venom's use as a possible energy supplement.

Y: The electrical pulses generated by this carefree Pokemon affect the part of the brain that controls emotion, causing everything nearby to share its happy demeanor.

Unsee

is an Artist
WIP

Ooh! I have a better idea!

Snugglow, the Joy Bringer Pokémon

X: Snugglow's body is charged with an ever-replenishing source of electricity. If it runs out of power, it will curl up and recharge in slumber.

Y: It will awaken a sleeping Pokémon in the hopes that they can play together. Snugglow will resort to human company if no Pokémon are around.

Last edited:

frenzyplant

Inertia is a property of matter.
is a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Final Submission

Snugglow,
the Little Manta Pokémon

X: This Pokémon's carefree demeanor and pillow-like skin make it a common sight in Pokémon-assisted therapy clinics, helping patients feel at home.

Y: At sunset, schools of Snugglow can be seen leaping joyfully out of the water. As it grows, its electric shocks and venom become more potent.

I'd say height and weight around P3DS's figures, but maybe a little heavier. X deals with its happy appearance and how it resembles a pillow. As Plasmanta's dex entries talk about its importance in research, it makes sense that Snugglow is welcome in clinics. The Y entry examines breaching, something that real manta rays do, and how prominent the base stat changes between tiny Snugglow and huge Plasmanta are. The species name is self-explanatory, following a logical progression from Little Manta to Great Manta.

Also, this is my 500th post! Yay.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Snugglow
, the Carefree Pokémon

X: It is a carefree spirit. It floats around as if nothing is wrong, and its cute and adorable demeanor will lighten the darkest of hearts.

Y: This Pokémon loves to hug anything. However, it has microscopic poisonous spikes all over its body, and, when touched, discharges over 100000V into it's victim.

Dogfish44

You can call me Jiggly
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a CAP Contributor
Final Submission

Snugglow, the Baby Manta Pokémon

X: Snugglow are known for surprising divers by hiding beneath some sand, and then leaping out of the sand to hug them.

Y: This Pokémon is drawn to sources of stress, and can often be seen migrating towards the location of a natural disaster.

Last edited:

Unsee

is an Artist
Final Submission

Snugglow,
the Joy Bringer Pokémon

X
: Snugglow's body is charged with an ever-replenishing source of electricity. If it runs out of power, it will curl up and recharge in slumber.

Y: It will awaken a sleeping Pokémon in the hopes that they can play together. Snugglow will resort to human company if no Pokémon are around.

Last edited:
Final Submission

Snugglow
, the Jovial Pokemon

X: Always on the move, Snugglow has a hyperactive temperament that has led to ongoing research regarding its venom's use as a possible energy supplement.

Y: The electrical pulses generated by this carefree Pokemon affect the part of the brain that controls emotion, causing everything nearby to share its happy demeanor.

Final Submission

X
: Snugglow's body is charged with an ever-replenishing source of electricity. If it runs out of power, it will curl up and recharge in slumber.

You are missing a bit off of your submission:

• "<Pokemon Name>, the <Species Name> Pokemon", with the Pokemon name and the Species Name in bold

Unsee

is an Artist
You are missing a bit off of your submission:

Thanks XD I carelessly copied and pasted from my most recent WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)