Resource ORAS Good Cores (Check Post #714)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Air Balloon though? I'd say that Scarf is a lot better, since even though the Air Balloon makes you a bit weaker to ScarfDrill, it's still kinda a bad way to check it, and having a team mate like Landorus-T is more reliable as a check.

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Why Air Balloon though? I'd say that Scarf is a lot better, since even though the Air Balloon makes you a bit weaker to ScarfDrill, it's still kinda a bad way to check it, and having a team mate like Landorus-T is more reliable as a check.
The Scarf set is generally done better by Magneton, since it's faster. If I were to put a Choice Item on Magnezone, it'd be Specs. Air Balloon is there to avoid an EQ.

Also, have you considered running Focus Blast on Clefable? It helps it get past Heatran and Ferrothorn, meaning that Magnezone is not overburdened if the opposing team has a Ferro and a Heatran. (Which actually is pretty common)

+
+

FWG Defensive Core
Here is a nice FWG core that I have been messing around with. RestTalk Gyarados is an underrated defensive threat now. It can check Mega Metagross, and it easily takes care of threats like Keldeo lacking HP Electric, or Mamoswine without Freeze Dry. It's also a great phazer with Dragon Tail, so I decided to use this to my advantage by adding Chesnaught as a Spike stacker, and Heatran as an SR setter. Along with having good synergy with each other, these three also take care of threats that trouble each other. Gyarados takes care of Keldeo for Heatran; Heatran takes care of Talonflame for Chesnaught; Chesnaught takes care of Terrakion for Gyarados etc.

Thundurus kinda wrecks this core though. It can fry Gyarados with Thunderbolt, and as long as Focus Blast hits, Heatran is dead. Chesnaught can't really do anything back to Thundurus other than Leech Seed, while HP Ice or Psychic can 2HKO if it isn't seeded.
Gyarados @ Leftovers
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 104 Def / 148 SpD / 8 Spe
Careful Nature
- Waterfall
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Dragon Tail / Thunder Wave

104 Defense EVs allows Gyarados to check Mega Metagross, as Zen Headbutt is only a 3HKO after SR and leftovers recovery, so Gyarados has time to rest.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 248 HP / 192 SpD / 68 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Taunt / Protect

Chesnaught @ Leftovers
Ability: Bulletproof
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Impish Nature
- Spiky Shield
- Leech Seed
- Drain Punch
- Spikes

Last edited:

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
Also, have you considered running Focus Blast on Clefable? It helps it get past Heatran and Ferrothorn, meaning that Magnezone is not overburdened if the opposing team has a Ferro and a Heatran. (Which actually is pretty common)
No, but I've considered Flamethrower. That might be better than Stored Power.
Plus, Magnezone can never beat Heatran 1-on-1. It can only dent it hard if it uses HP Ground on the predicted switch. So Fail Blast might be ok.

Offensive Core:

Mega altaria is one of the best mega introduced in ORAS, it has an amazing typing, good bulk and a semi-unresisted coverage, hitting neutral the whole meta except zard y and talonflame with his ground + fire + fairy coverage. However even Altaria has his flaws in fact it cant get through fat 'mons like chansey, sylveon or Clefable and it's not so fast.
228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
So bisharp becomes the perfect partner beating bulky fairy with LO iron head and smashing fast 'mons with one of the strongest priority of the meta. Furthermore Altaria is a good check to Keldeo, one of the most common answer to Bisharp. Even if bisharp cannot switch in safely, he could be a problem for this core if running low kick. So be sure to have something in the back to deal with him or just run a jolly spread with low kick on your. I put on Mega Altaria 184 EVs in speed to overcome Adamant Sharp, 96 EVs in HP just for more Bulkyness and the rest in SpA and Modest nature, just because eq it's always a 2hko on tran with - in atk, and dropping one of the two defense is annoying lol

Sets:

Altaria (F) @ Altarianite
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 96 HP / 228 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance / Low Kick
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Damage:

0- Atk Mega Altaria Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 268-316 (69.6 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

228+ SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 352-416 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 174-205 (57.4 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 219-258 (57.3 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

Last edited:

BenTheDemon

Banned deucer.
I made a major disclaimer to my ClefaZone core. Heatran almost always breaks it, but if you have an answer for Heatran, I think it's still a good core.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Offensive Core:

Mega altaria is one of the best mega introduced in ORAS, it has an amazing typing, good bulk and a semi-unresisted coverage, hitting neutral the whole meta except zard y and talonflame with his ground + fire + fairy coverage. However even Altaria has his flaws in fact it cant get through fat 'mons like chansey, sylveon or Clefable and it's not so fast.
228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 36 SpD Sylveon: 142-168 (36 - 42.6%) -- 94.6% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery

228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 96+ SpD Clefable: 165-195 (41.8 - 49.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
So bisharp becomes the perfect partner beating bulky fairy with LO iron head and smashing fast 'mons with one of the strongest priority of the meta. Furthermore Altaria is a good check to Keldeo, one of the most common answer to Bisharp. I put on Mega Altaria 184 EVs in speed to overcome Adamant Sharp, 96 EVs in HP just for more Bulkyness and the rest in SpA and Modest nature, just because eq it's always a 2hko on tran with - in atk, and dropping one of the two defense is annoying lol

Sets:

Altaria (F) @ Altarianite
EVs: 96 HP / 228 SpA / 184 Spe
Modest Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake

Bisharp (M) @ Life Orb
Adamant / Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Sucker Punch
- Knock Off
- Iron Head

Damage:

0- Atk Mega Altaria Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 268-316 (69.6 - 82%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

228+ SpA Mega Altaria Fire Blast vs. 252 HP / 168 SpD Ferrothorn: 352-416 (100 - 118.1%) -- guaranteed OHKO

228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 248 HP / 0 SpD Rotom-W: 174-205 (57.4 - 67.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

228+ SpA Pixilate Mega Altaria Hyper Voice vs. 252 HP / 8 SpD Landorus-T: 219-258 (57.3 - 67.5%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
I'm liking this core but I think a mention of Low Kick on Bisharp somewhere to beat opposing Jolly Bisharps would be nice.....or just a mention of Keldeo or any relevant Bisharp answers work to.

shuckle.gif
bisharp.gif

Balanced Core

Whilst not being either a true defensive or offensive pairing, these two complement each other due to Shuckle's access to Sticky Web and Bisharp's ability Defiant. The best thing about Bisharp is that it destroys any defoggers so Shuckle can keep rocks or Sticky Web up without any problems. Encore is used to punish set up sweepers and therefore give a team mate a free switch-in. The last move is your choice. Knock Off is useful for knocking off your opponents item (obviously) giving your team an advantage, whereas Toxic and Infestation provide residual damage so Shuckle can become a pain or be used to stall out walls. Bisharp's moveset is also pretty standard but its last move depends on what defogger you want to hit. Pursuit is for the Lati twins whereas Low Kick hits Empoleon and Excadrill.

Shuckle @ Mental Herb
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Sticky Web
- Stealth Rock
- Encore
- Knock Off/Toxic/Infestation

Bisharp @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Knock Off
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Low Kick/Pursuit

Boltsanderbombers, was wondering why you didn't post my Core in the tread, can you explain ?

Last edited:

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Boltsanderbombs, was wondering why you didn't post my Core in the tread, can you explain ?
A. Spell my name right please.
B. I missed it when going through, there are a lot of posts, I'm allowed to make mistakes.

Looking at the core, I dont like the fact that you give that many options. It should not be "a with b or c or d", it should be "a with b" and at most one extra option. It should be finite and straight to the point.

boltsandbombers

i'm sorry mr. man
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Are you going to put the core or not ?
That's not a good reason to not put the core.
I actually responded to your post, and you havent changed everything, so I dont know what the confusion is.
And I'm allowed to reject a core if I want to, you cant just say thats not a good reason without something backing up that argument.

AM

is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Champion
LCPL Champion
Going to put a small update here since I've noticed this a somewhat repeated thing. boltsandbombers as such with anyone who is running a thread, Sanger with his OU Teambuilding thread, Clone with his Teambuilding competition thread, etc. is allowed to, within reason, reject whatever contribution is relevant to that thread with the understanding they back up their argument with relevant information. If your core is simply ineffective, redundant in its purpose, or is all over the place and not well formatted it is perfectly acceptable for it to be rejected.
Are you going to put the core or not ?
That's not a good reason to not put the core.
I know you edited the core but I don't want to see responses like this, ones that are demanding and give off a condescending attitude. This mutual respect applies to bother posters and hosts of a thread regardless of what it entails. If there is an issue fix it swiftly and appropriately. Nobody wants to read a half of page how your core that gets destroyed by Talonflame works in a meta.....with Talonflame in it. Thanks ahead of time.

Edit: Finished deleting a handful of messages of petty arguments after I explained in detail of what's to be expected. Let's not continue arguing over a matter that's already been addressed. Carry on.

Last edited:
I posted this some time ago in the previous thread, but I still think it's a very decent balanced core, and now that greninja's gone it's even better, imo.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 160 Def / 92 SpA / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower / Fire Blast

Balanced core. Jirachi and Mega Altaria cover a lot of threats together with their typings alone, and between them a lot of roles of a balanced team are fulfilled. Jirachi provides wish support and paralysis, and takes on Latis, Mega Lopunny, Mega Sceptile, and a whole bunch of others. Altaria excels at taking Knock Off and status moves. It also resists Volt Switch and U-turn, which is a plus. Flamethrower is nice for taking on Ferro, which walls this core otherwise, but you could also go for Return+Earthquake which deals with Heatran instead, as well as getting a slightly more powerful neutral attack. Recommended as teammates are stallbreakers, and Stealth Rock/Knock off users so that Jirachi and Altaria can whittle down the opposition slowly. This core tends to stay alive rather long when played well, and should be able to outlast most other cores. Also, for teammates, try to abuse Jirachi's wishes; bulky pokemon without reliable recovery are plentiful in OU. Rotom-W would be an excellent partner, for example.

Last edited:
I posted this some time ago in the previous thread, but I still think it's a very decent balanced core, and now that greninja's gone it's even better, imo.

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 224 SpD / 32 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Wish
- Body Slam / Thunder Wave
- U-turn

Altaria @ Altarianite
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Roost
- Heal Bell
- Flamethrower

Balanced core. Jirachi and Mega Altaria cover a lot of threats together with their typings alone, and between them a lot of roles of a balanced team are fulfilled. Jirachi provides wish support and paralysis, and takes on Latis, Mega Lopunny, Mega Sceptile, and a whole bunch of others. Altaria excels at taking Knock Off and status moves. It also resists Volt Switch and U-turn, which is a plus. Flamethrower is nice for taking on Ferro, which walls this core otherwise, but you could also go for Return+Earthquake which deals with Heatran instead, as well as getting a slightly more powerful neutral attack. Recommended as teammates are stallbreakers, and Stealth Rock/Knock off users so that Jirachi and Altaria can whittle down the opposition slowly. This core tends to stay alive rather long when played well, and should be able to outlast most other cores. Also, for teammates, try to abuse Jirachi's wishes; bulky pokemon without reliable recovery are plentiful in OU. Rotom-W would be an excellent partner, for example.
your core gets destroyed by bisharp and weavile i suggest either keldeo or a mon like chesnaught to be able to switch into ferrothorn freely other than subcm keld would be nice to deal with heatran those are a few suggestions

your core gets destroyed by bisharp and weavile i suggest either keldeo or a mon like chesnaught to be able to switch into ferrothorn freely other than subcm keld would be nice to deal with heatran those are a few suggestions
I'll admit that neither MAltaria nor Rachi can switch in on Weavile and Bisharp. But well, there are teammates :). By the way, I edited the spread and slashed Fire Blast with Flamethrower to have an increased chance of OHKOing Ferro, which is the main target of the move, and 87.5% chance to OHKO Bisharp after rocks. You live a LO Iron Head from Bisharp easily, btw. Same with Weavile, LO Ice Punch does 73.4% max, while Hyper Voice obviously KO's. Thanks for the suggestions, tho :). SubCM Keldeo seems like an excellent teammate, as it breaks stall as well as dealing with Heatran and the aforementioned two mons.

(First serious post pls don't kill me)

Offensive core: Mega Beedrill and Magnezone

This is a good VoltTurn core (I'm so mad for VolTurn atm) I've been using as of late, and they perform quite well together. Mega Beedrill hates Steel-types and even with Drill Run, it can't do much back, since its main selling point is Adaptability-boosted attacks. Now Magnezone here is a nice teammate, trapping Steels like Skarmory and Bronzong then taking them out with its HP Fire or TBolt. Now, this makes them quite the good fast VoltTurn core for their teammates. This core is weak to Fire-types, both can't switch into them (but they can switch out with VoltTurn). More specifically, weaknesses include, but not limited to: Heatran (Scarfed or otherwise), Mega Metgaross, Scarf Lando-T and Garchomp, etc. A partner to use can be Rotom-W, since with its great bulk, it can take hits for the two, and most importantly, it can take out Fire-types. Also, it boasts a few resistances to priority moves like Ice Shard and Aqua Jet, which can decimate Mega Beedrill and hurt Magnezone. Lando-T of your own can be nice, as it can lay in SR and make it a good pivot with U-Turn. Knock Off users are appreciated, as they take off the likes of Shed Shell from Skarmory and takes advantage of the switches the two can force. Hazard support is greatly needed, as the damage from it can make the two nab OHKOes with their attacks. Hazard removal, however, is greatly needed, as they'll be doing a lot of switching for the match and they don't like taking unnecessary damage much. Some Pokemon that like a safe switch like Gothitelle can be good teammates as well. Overall this core does great positive output when played with carefully.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run / Knock Off
- Protect

P.S.: Tell if I've done a lot of stuff wrong here, am just new in the forums.

EDIT: Slashed Drill Run w/ Knock Off, because Stall Skarmory holds Shed Shell with it. Thanks for the dude who noted that!

Last edited:
Here's a pretty cool anti-stall core I've concocted:

+

Fast Magma Storm Taunt Tran + NP Togekiss

What led me to concoct this core was this: Toge can 6-0 stall by its graceful prowess (plot boosted skills hehe) even unaware mons can only hope to get past the serenity- only thing that's ugh is Chansey. Ok so the idea is to trap, with Heatran, the things that Togekiss has trouble getting past (Chansey), and wear them down to the point of no return, allowing Togekiss to go absolutely insane. The core is mainly anti-stall but can function well vs balance by tweaking the sets. Good team members would be things for Keldeo, Rotom-W, Weather, and stuff that benefit from weakened fat mons (Chansey) like Mega Sceptile. Was unsure on Toge's final move so I slashed a bunch of stuff. Once again, sets are customizable to best fit your team.

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Air Slash
- Aura Sphere
- Roost / Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
Timid Nature
- Magma Storm
- Taunt
- Earth Power
- Toxic

(First serious post pls don't kill me)

Offensive core: Mega Beedrill and Magnezone

This is a good VoltTurn core (I'm so mad for VolTurn atm) I've been using as of late, and they perform quite well together. Mega Beedrill hates Steel-types and even with Drill Run, it can't do much back, since its main selling point is Adaptability-boosted attacks. Now Magnezone here is a nice teammate, trapping Steels like Skarmory and Bronzong then taking them out with its HP Fire or TBolt. Now, this makes them quite the good fast VoltTurn core for their teammates. This core is weak to Fire-types, both can't switch into them (but they can swith out with VoltTurn). More specifically, weaknesses include, but not limited to: Heatran (Scarfed or otherwise), Mega Metgaross, Scarf Lando-T and Garchomp, etc. A partner to use can be Rotom-W, since with its great bulk, it can take hits for the two, and most importantly, it can take out Fire-types. Lando-T of your own can be nice, as it can lay in SR and make it a good pivot with U-Turn. Knock Off users are appreciated, as they take off the likes of Shed Shell from Skarmory and takes advantage of the switches the two can force. Hazard support is greatly needed, as the damage from it can make the two nab OHKOes with their attacks. Hazard removal, however, is greatly neded, as they'll be doing a lot of switching for the match and they don't like taking unnecessary damage much. Some Pokemon that like a safe switch like Gothitelle can be good teammates as well. Overall this core does great positive output when played with carefully.

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Magnet Pull
Timid Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Volt Switch
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Beedrill-Mega @ Beedrillite
Ability: Adaptability
Jolly Nature
- U-turn
- Poison Jab
- Drill Run
- Protect

P.S.: Tell if I've done a lot of stuff wrong here, am just new in the forums.
This is a nice core, however, I would like to offer a tiny bit of advice. Either make the primary option on Mega Beedrill Knock Off > Drill Run, or slash it with Drill Run. The reason for this, is that most stall teams run Shed Shell on Skarmory; and this is also usually their main switch-in to Mega Beedrill. Predicting their switch and bopping them with Knock off removes their Shed Shell, allowing them to be trapped by Magnezone.

Hi, iam here to show a core that i used alot on PO, and that core is Hippowdon+Empoleon:

Empoleon @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Protect
- Roar
- Defog/Ice beam

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Slack Off
- Stone Edge

So i will explain why these two are together basicly they couver all most eachother weakneses, Empoleon has problems to deal with bulky grass such as Celebi, Ferrothorn both can have free turns, unless if you pack Ice beam in Empoleon but still Ferrothorn will wall it, so heatran, and a fighting resist shoud be good like talonflame, the lure heatran that i showed before should be a good set, because Rotom-W gives problems to this core too.
I will explain the sets now, Empoleon is Defensive to take on Gyarados with out Earthquake Empoleon is packing Ice beam for switch in grass types like celebi and mega venusaur, to give some chip damage.
Hippowdon is my rocker and electric resist, heatran check, and some other like Lati@s. I will post good partner for this core, and threats.

Good partners:
Heatran- its a grass resist that this core needs, use the lure to Rotom-W if you are using Heatran, because you dont need Spdef Heatran any more
Talonflame- Another grass resit and win con, but if you use this, your going to be even more weak to Rotom-W, so Lati@s is a good partner to talonflame, it will help with the defog suport, if you dont run defog on Empoleon, and give much needed damage to Rotom-W with Draco Meteor.

Sando Offense- So sand offense will help you if you are runing talonflame, will be giving you a late-game cleaner and a hazard control pokemon, assuming that you dont run Lati@s if you do, run a Choice Scarf, to give more damage to Rotom-W.

Lati@s- to good partners to this team, because has i said its a answer to Rotom-W wich gives problems to this team, and a way to beat Zard X at +1 that gives problems, it checks Keldeo and Kyurem-B just a good revenge killer.

Clefable- Another check to Keldeo Kyurem-B, Mega Sableye and Chesnaught.

Threats:
Rotom-W - Gives problems to this team, because it can switch out in Empoleon and Hydro Pump and will-o-wisp Hippowdon, that means that you dont have an answer to this. Good Lures and Lati@s are good answers this pokemon

Zard Y/X- Zard Y because it HOKO's empoleon and 2HKO's Hippowdon with Fire Blast, Sand Offense is a good answer to both and Lati@s is a answer to Zard X.

Mega Altaria- This is a big threat to the core, because it 2HOK's both of the pokemons, 2HKOS empoleon with earthquake and with Return 2HKO's Hippowdon with Return so a fast pokemon or priority pokemon is a good answer to this pokemon like banded scizor with bullet punch Choice Banded talonflame, and sand offense is a good answer to this too.

Mega Pinsir- This is a problem that 2HKO's both, a good Revenge killer like talonflame and Sand offense are good answers to this.

Breloom- Can 2HKO the core , but Lati@s Talonflame can counter him.

Keldeo- lati@s, and talonflame are a counter to him, be sure to bring those 2 if youre going to use this core.

Kyurem-B- Kyurem-B is a problem but Scarf Lati@s and sand offense are a answer to this pokemon

Mega Heracross- well here is a big threat, but talonflame and Lati@s can beat him, and sand can worm him down, but thats not a good answer.
Mega Swampert-Now this is a real problem if needed use a ferrothorn but that is not going to help with Magnezone, just wear the rain turns and beat it with Lati@s preferable
choice scarf and talonflame, and if you dont have both swicht in at a politoed to take out the rain turns.

Chesnaught- Lati@s and talonflame are good answers.

Mega Sableye- Well this can wall the core, but if you want, use a clefable but just in a extreme moment.

Last edited:
+

Ok I know this core doesn't have much in the way of type synergy (Although it is not the worst), but the way this core works is that Jirachi's sub toxic set lures out the majority of mega Pinsir's common counters and checks and toxic stalls them to chip away at there health to make way for a Pinsir sweep.

Pinsir @ Pinsirite
Ability: Hyper Cutter
Jolly Nature
- Quick Attack
- Return
- Close Combat
- Swords Dance

Jirachi @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 HP / 144 Atk / 112 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Substitute
- Iron Head
- Fire Punch
- Toxic

The Pinsir set is pretty standard and you all know what that does so let me explain what Jirachi does for Pinsir. Aight so the Jirachi set has enough speed to outspeed and 2hko Adamant Excadrill. The other mons that it lures in and toxic stalls or damages for a Pinsir sweep are, Rotom-W, Hippowdown, Landorus-Therian, Quagsire, Tyranitar, Ferrothorn, Scizor Mega, Zapdos. Ok so obviously this core is weak to fire and edgequake users so a solid bulky water type could be a good mon to use when using this core. Anyway that's pretty much the core!

Last edited:
Surprised this core isn't pointed out.

Pidgeot-Mega @ Pidgeotite
Ability: Big Pecks
EVs: 8 HP / 252 SpA / 248 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hurricane
- Hyper Beam / Work Up / Roost
- Heat Wave
- U-turn

Dugtrio @ Focus Sash
Ability: Arena Trap
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic / Reversal (Use with 21 HP IVs)
- Stone Edge

Serperior @ Life Orb / Leftovers
Ability: Contrary
EVs: 12 Def / 252 SpA / 244 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Giga Drain
- Dragon Pulse
- Hidden Power [Fire]

This core is pretty simple. Pidgeot is the mega of choice here, because the other 2 take care of some of the counters. Heatran is a solid switch in to both Serperior and Pidgeot, along with Tyranitar/bulky rocks for Pidgeot, so you U-turn out on them, and switch into Dugtrio. Dugtrio can then proceed to KO them. Balloon Tran doesn't work, because U-turn pops the balloon. U-turn is also nice just to build momentum. Serp takes care of Rotom-W, the other solid check to Pidgeot, and can do some cleaning with Heatran removed.

Pidgeot has a standard set. Hyper Beam is the slash slot, because U-turn is useful, as mentioned above. 248 EVs in speed outspeed opposing Duggy, so Duggy doesn't go first and land a Stone Edge. This Duggy has a random set though. EQ KOs the mons you want to trap, SR is your hazards. Toxic is just there to maybe weaken certain mons, like unaware Clef, which stands in Serperior's way. Reversal with 21 IVs takes 2 Seismic Tosses from Chansey and hits with max power. Stone Edge is coverage. Serp is standard, Lefties is nice to get HP. Life Orb adds power, the choice is up to you. EVs outspeed Thundy.

Good partners for this core include Talon and Raikou. Talon likes the support of Dug+Serp, too, and forms some birdspam. Raikou is nice to form a VoltTurn core.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)