Shiny Charm and Masuda Method

so i finished my first 1k eggs and got 3 shinies (charmander, eevee, marill)! now ill do another 1k and see how it goes!

edit : egg #1040 yielded a shiny modest cleffa in a heal ball.
4/1040

Last edited:
I would like to help but one question i heard it should be 1/413 does that mean that i should get 1 shiny in 413 eggs
That is the rate, yes, but that does not guarantee that you'll get a shiny in 413 eggs. Some people hatch 1.000 eggs without getting a shiny.

That is the rate, yes, but that does not guarantee that you'll get a shiny in 413 eggs. Some people hatch 1.000 eggs without getting a shiny.

i.e. Me.

But I did it! I've hatched all 2100 eggs as pledged, and hatched a beautiful golden and blue Goomy, and of all eggs to hatch on, it hatched on Egg 1999! This is definitely the longest Masuda Method Hunt I have ever done (the previous record went to a Shiny Feebas at 1067 eggs), and I think I'll take a break from this breeding lark for now, at least until Summer. Thanks to all of you who showed your support for me, we eventually pulled through in the end!

I've recently gotten my own Shiny charm on my Omega Ruby game. So here's my input:

sentret.gif

Shiny Sentret
American Ditto/Japanese Furret

I finally got my Shiny Sentret after 344 eggs!!!!!

Last edited:
Been doing this on-and-off and recording my results, so you can add this to the list. Usually I use a foreign Ditto, but I took into account the times I had foreign parents received through WonderTrade.

My current total is 2090 eggs with 7 shinies. Better overall luck than most, although only had one or two shinies I'd really consider battle-worthy, and I've yet to receive a flawless Masuda hatch.

Last edited:
Update
Eggs hatched : 52831 eggs
Shiny got : 93
Persona ratio: ~1/568
Lasted member: 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Skorubi (x turn out to 20)
I wonder if my luck go bad because all the shiny i got lately all require more than 1000+ eggs to hatched which is quite a task

Last edited:
Update
Eggs hatched : 52831 eggs
Shiny got : 93
Persona ratio: ~1/568
Lasted member: 31/31/31/x/31/31 Jolly Skorubi
I wonder if my luck go bad because all the shiny i got lately all require more than 1000+ eggs to hatched which is quite a task

how many pentaflawless shinies have u hatched?

thats awesome. i meant perfect ivs in all 5 relevent stats. honestly seeing what you did inspired me to start doing this
I always used 6iv parents so the baby always have 5 perfect iv. Of course the "missing" IV play an important role to the performance of the pokemon. I rebreed several time because this missing iv is turn out bad as well

I always used 6iv parents so the baby always have 5 perfect iv. Of course the "missing" IV play an important role to the performance of the pokemon. I rebreed several time because this missing iv is turn out bad as well
i saw what you had to go through with the charmanders! thats determination!

i saw what you had to go through with the charmanders! thats determination!
With me that's a nightmare i don't want to remember again, at least until the release of HA starter Jotho and Unova
About the Charmander, can't do a thing about it. I fell in love with Mega Charizard X in the first sight. A team with out him is out of question

With me that's a nightmare i don't want to remember again, at least until the release of HA starter Jotho and Unova
About the Charmander, can't do a thing about it. I fell in love with Mega Charizard X in the first sight. A team with out him is out of question
I don't see why you need a 6iv parent, when you can use a 5 with the relevant attack.

Update
Eggs hatched: 41
Shinies hatched: 1
Personal ratio: 1/41
Latest member: swirlix with the IVs 31/31/31/31/31/xx and ha. I'll go check the speed, but shouldn't matter too much since it has unburden anyway. My luck is insane with masuda method. Even without the shiny charm. I got froakie after around 50 and rotom after 4. I hope it stays.
Its speed is 8-9 IVs which is ok

Last edited:
i.e. Me.

But I did it! I've hatched all 2100 eggs as pledged, and hatched a beautiful golden and blue Goomy, and of all eggs to hatch on, it hatched on Egg 1999! This is definitely the longest Masuda Method Hunt I have ever done (the previous record went to a Shiny Feebas at 1067 eggs), and I think I'll take a break from this breeding lark for now, at least until Summer. Thanks to all of you who showed your support for me, we eventually pulled through in the end!
Congrats man! We both broke our dry spell!

Now that I got My Chespin after 1582 eggs, I will pledge another 300 to get an Azumirill. It will be slower though because I am trying to build a team for vgc.
No azumiril yet, but funny story... I was using the other breeding daycare center for a pixilate sylveon for VGC and I got a shiny Eevee on my 10th egg. I am not sure if you want to count that because it was not part of my azumiril pledge, but... Yay me.

No azumiril yet, but funny story... I was using the other breeding daycare center for a pixilate sylveon for VGC and I got a shiny Eevee on my 10th egg. I am not sure if you want to count that because it was not part of my azumiril pledge, but... Yay me.

of my 5 shinies so far, 3 have been by accident haha. i know the feeling. seems like when im looking fir them, they never come. then when im breeding for a battle real quick, out they come

of my 5 shinies so far, 3 have been by accident haha. i know the feeling. seems like when im looking fir them, they never come. then when im breeding for a battle real quick, out they come
Well... It happened again... This time a balbasaur on my 14th egg. Better IVs then last time but still not what I wanted, so it's a trophy lol.

I have Another theory. Every time I get a shiny insanely quickly from breeding, I am breeding with 2 Shinies. My Ditto is 5iv shiny, and the other is a shiny I dexnav hunted. I don't know if that makes a difference or not but its an interesting theory.

Back