General Introduce yourself!

QueBien

Nomad, vagabond, call me what you will
Hey, all. Call me Tokuma. I'm really new to the competitive battle scene but I do know how to breed competitive Pokemon as long as I'm told what moves and stats to give it. I came to smogon because I really want to become a better battler and make some friends...maybe even rivals along the way. I hope to get along with all of you. ^_^
Hello Tokuma!
Hmm, have you visited the Wi-Fi forum? You can get involved with the whole breeding scene and other in-game stuff there. I'm not much of a competitive battler, really, but I know enough to be a decent player. Smogon really is a great place to make friends and meet new people; I'm sure you'll have no problem with that. Have a great time here at the forums!

Scyther NO Swiping

Washed up former great
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hi everyone I'm new to the forums, been on showdown for a year + decent OM Player also decent at Ubers and LC. IDK if I'll use this much but since I have one now, just wanted to introduce myself here.

I'm new here, played pokemon since 3rd gen (though I skipped 5th gen). Got X and OR around Christmas time and started to get into competitive. Had a showdown account for a while and finally decided to make a smogon forum account.

Hello Tokuma!
Hmm, have you visited the Wi-Fi forum? You can get involved with the whole breeding scene and other in-game stuff there. I'm not much of a competitive battler, really, but I know enough to be a decent player. Smogon really is a great place to make friends and meet new people; I'm sure you'll have no problem with that. Have a great time here at the forums!
I haven't looked at many of the forums on here yet, but I'll check out the Wi-Fi forum. I've had this account for a long while but am just now looking into everything.

20150503_213633-1-1.jpg
Hey, everyone!

My name is FMAS. I've been lurking around as a guest for a long time on the smogon forums, but I decided it was finally about time I get active in the community. I've been playing Pokemon all my life and competitively since DPP. I've become more serious with my play and actually peaked at #42 on the OU No Mega ladder. Other than that. I've floated around the 1400-1500's on OU and have done fairly well in other tiers as well.

My biggest issue has been teambuilding. While I do have some reasonable battling accomplishments, it's been on the back of other teams. I'd like to learn more about how to build my own and elevate my play. In addition, I usually end up gravitating towards some form of offensive buld and would love to learn how to play other styles.

Hopefully I'll meet a lot of you and make some cool new friends. I'm excited to be here! :)

(Proof of peak below)

Attachments

QueBien

Hi everyone I'm new to the forums, been on showdown for a year + decent OM Player also decent at Ubers and LC. IDK if I'll use this much but since I have one now, just wanted to introduce myself here.
Hi Scyther no Swiping!
Welcome! I've been on PS! for a year or so now, too. I play a lot of OU and 1v1 usually, but some of my other favorite tiers include Randbats and BH. Hopefully you'll find yourself enjoying Smogon and decide to stay? :3 Anyway, have fun here!
I'm new here, played pokemon since 3rd gen (though I skipped 5th gen). Got X and OR around Christmas time and started to get into competitive. Had a showdown account for a while and finally decided to make a smogon forum account.
Hello genericnamehere!
I've been playing since Emerald. Which did you start off with? I got Y and AS when I got my 3DS last year, but I've been playing "competitively" for a little more than a year (wow, time flies so quickly). Have a great time on the site and I'll see you around!
View attachment 42210 Hey, everyone!

My name is FMAS. I've been lurking around as a guest for a long time on the smogon forums, but I decided it was finally about time I get active in the community. I've been playing Pokemon all my life and competitively since DPP. I've become more serious with my play and actually peaked at #42 on the OU No Mega ladder. Other than that. I've floated around the 1400-1500's on OU and have done fairly well in other tiers as well.

My biggest issue has been teambuilding. While I do have some reasonable battling accomplishments, it's been on the back of other teams. I'd like to learn more about how to build my own and elevate my play. In addition, I usually end up gravitating towards some form of offensive buld and would love to learn how to play other styles.

Hopefully I'll meet a lot of you and make some cool new friends. I'm excited to be here! :)

(Proof of peak below)
Hey FMAS!
I made this account a long time ago, but got involved, when, last November? That's a pretty good ladder peak there! :o My peak in OU was I think 1420, but that was a while back. I'm okay at teambuilding, but there's a lot of room for me to improve. I prefer offensive teams over defensive, simply because I don't have the patience for it. I hope you enjoy the forums! :)

I got involved again in January 2014 after X and Y had been released, QueBien. I figured it was a good time with the format changing. XD

Hello genericnamehere!
I've been playing since Emerald. Which did you start off with? I got Y and AS when I got my 3DS last year, but I've been playing "competitively" for a little more than a year (wow, time flies so quickly). Have a great time on the site and I'll see you around!
Started with Firered, then got Sapphire

Hello Smogon community! I've been a competitive battler for quite some time now ever since BW2 where weather reigned supreme! I decided to come here in order to learn more about the game and (hopefully) contribute some of the knowledge I've gained throughout my battling career. Currently I am very interested in learning how to play Hyper Offense. I look forward to being a part of this community!

Hello i'm EmpeorPrime and new to smogon.I love playing all the tiers but i enjoy oras UBERS the most. I hope for a long fun and excitement tour here with u fellow mates and wish u all a good day! :)

Hello i'm EmpeorPrime and new to smogon.I love playing all the tiers but i enjoy oras UBERS the most. I hope for a long fun and excitement tour here with u fellow mates and wish u all a good day! :)
Hey there, welcome. I recently started getting into Ubers, and I think it's really really fun. I'm now starting to obtain them on my Omega Ruby game. Do you play on Pokémon Showdown! or Wi-Fi? Maybe we can battle :)

Hello, new to Smogon. Not new to Pokemon however.
Have not played competitively since Gen IV so I'm very much behind. But I'm slowly getting with it. Let's rock.
Welcome to Smogon. Have you ever tried out Pokémon Showdown!? It's a great way of learning to battle competitively within the recent metagames :)

Hey there, welcome. I recently started getting into Ubers, and I think it's really really fun. I'm now starting to obtain them on my Omega Ruby game. Do you play on Pokémon Showdown! or Wi-Fi? Maybe we can battle :)

Welcome to Smogon. Have you ever tried out Pokémon Showdown!? It's a great way of learning to battle competitively within the recent metagames :)
Hello Fluke! I am online mostly on pokemon showdown and always ready for ubers challenges. My showdown alias is also emperorprime battle me anytime i am there :) And by the way u will find me in tournaments room.

uh hi i'm new to the website but old on pokemon showdown
i have no idea what i'm doing, what is this newfangled "rich text editor", this beep boop box makes no sense

yeah so. yes. hello
you'll get the hang of it jst as i have gotten to understand things here. give it some time and gl with evrything :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi there! I'm GiveMeGeno from PS or Geno789 on Marriland. I'm new to Smogon as you can see and my favorite tiers include RU and Ubers. I breed for IV's and I aim to breed/collect every breed-able Pokemon with 4 useful EM, HA ability, and in a special ball. Big ambitions I know xD

See you around!

Hi there! I'm GiveMeGeno from PS or Geno789 on Marriland. I'm new to Smogon as you can see and my favorite tiers include RU and Ubers. I breed for IV's and I aim to breed/collect every breed-able Pokemon with 4 useful EM, HA ability, and in a special ball. Big ambitions I know xD

See you around!
Sup! I think I've faced you on Pokémon Showdown before, can that be? I think it was in an Ubers match. Your big ambitions really come in handy here, since there's a LOT of people with the same ambitions out here. Definitely check out the Wi-Fi section. There are a lot of places you can look for good competitively bred Pokémon.

Other than that, good luck and have fun :)

Hi! It's kinda funny how I've joined like 2 years ago and this is my first post... I can't even remember how I found Smogon. I have very seldom popped on Showdown to play some OU and I thought that now that I've got more time I should start actually learning how to play. I have played competitively on WiFi Gen 4 and 5 but nowadays I've found Showdown better. My most favorite play style is probable offensive. If you ever see me on PS, come say hi :) This is probably too long introduction but outside Pokemon I'm also a web and (somewhat) game developer. :P

Hi! It's kinda funny how I've joined like 2 years ago and this is my first post... I can't even remember how I found Smogon. I have very seldom popped on Showdown to play some OU and I thought that now that I've got more time I should start actually learning how to play. I have played competitively on WiFi Gen 4 and 5 but nowadays I've found Showdown better. My most favorite play style is probable offensive. If you ever see me on PS, come say hi :) This is probably too long introduction but outside Pokemon I'm also a web and (somewhat) game developer. :P
Yo, welcome, haha. What's your name on Pokémon Showdown!? I've been playing a lot of Showdown! lately. Good to see that you decided to join the Smogon (and Pokémon) community. If you feel like battling some time, hit me up!

Yo, welcome, haha. What's your name on Pokémon Showdown!? I've been playing a lot of Showdown! lately. Good to see that you decided to join the Smogon (and Pokémon) community. If you feel like battling some time, hit me up!
My Showdown name is PizzAna :) and it would be cool to battle a bit more experienced player someday, I could even learn something ;)

Although general ice breakers/introductions tend to make me awkward, I thought I'd best write something since I'm completely new to Smogon and feel oike a toddler lost in a supermarket.

I've played the Pokemon games for as long as I can remember, but never competitively. But since Gen V I have tried to polish up on the skills that I have and I feel that I've made enough progress to feel as though my membership to this site is valid in a way. So once I'd managed to figure out the whole EV/IV thing (which was akin to rocket science for a blonde like me) and play around on Showdown...and I've come to love Pokemon even more than I did as a child.

I've particularly grown to love the UU, RU and NU tiers because I love working with the Pokemon that arent as prevalent in the competitive scene. Wow, I may find such things awkward but I sure know how to ramble

Although general ice breakers/introductions tend to make me awkward, I thought I'd best write something since I'm completely new to Smogon and feel oike a toddler lost in a supermarket.

I've played the Pokemon games for as long as I can remember, but never competitively. But since Gen V I have tried to polish up on the skills that I have and I feel that I've made enough progress to feel as though my membership to this site is valid in a way. So once I'd managed to figure out the whole EV/IV thing (which was akin to rocket science for a blonde like me) and play around on Showdown...and I've come to love Pokemon even more than I did as a child.

I've particularly grown to love the UU, RU and NU tiers because I love working with the Pokemon that arent as prevalent in the competitive scene. Wow, I may find such things awkward but I sure know how to ramble
Hey Dahlia, welcome to Smogon. NU, RU and UU are also my favorite tiers because of the reasons you stated. Do you often play on Pokémon Showdown! or Wi-Fi? Maybe we could even battle some time :)

I admire the big love you have for Pokémon. It's something that I have myself too, and I feel like it will never leave me.

If you have any questions for now, check out the Have a Question? Ask it here! thread. Or just PM me about them.

Enjoy your time here, Dahlia! :)

Hi, I'm SpaceSnake. You can either call me Space or Snake, whatever works for you! Basically the only reason I joined was to get in on ASB roleplay thing, lol... but I'm sure I'll find lots of other stuff to do here! I'm actually hoping to try and get into competitions and such, but I need to really study stats and brush up on my type advantages ^^;

QueBien

Hi, I'm SpaceSnake. You can either call me Space or Snake, whatever works for you! Basically the only reason I joined was to get in on ASB roleplay thing, lol... but I'm sure I'll find lots of other stuff to do here! I'm actually hoping to try and get into competitions and such, but I need to really study stats and brush up on my type advantages ^^;
Hiya SpaceSnake!
Great you decided to join! I myself have never visited the roleplay room. The concept is interesting, to say the least, but I can't bring myself to join in with that community. Yes, I can assure you that Smogon has a variety of things to offer, from competitive discussions, to Firebot. I can almost guarantee you'll find a place you like here! n_n Which tiers do you like? You can join in on the discussions (make sure you know enough about what you're talking about, though) and really learn a lot. Yeah, I agree, the type chart was a difficult thing for me to get down when I first started, haha. In fact, when I first started to play on PS! (I started with Random Battles), I'd always find myself switching tabs between Showdown and a type chart to figure things out. Anyway, here is a good image for you to use. I hope you enjoy your stay here at Smogon!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)