The Monotype Teambuilding Workshop [Currently Open]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey jiggle i really liked the idea of scarf gothitelle on psychic so i asked paleo if i can give it a go and heres the team!

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psychic

Had to start with this mon, Choice scarf+ Trick to feast on any bulky walls like normal's p2 and chansey core, stall water, and alot of utility mons become set up fodder for this monster

@ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt/Calm Mind/ Substitute

With only running psychic stab goth, dark becomes a huge issue for this team, so insert Mega Gardevoir. This thing when played correctly 6-0s dark teams had a hard time thinking of the last move so ill let you decide, but other than that its the normal mega Gardevoir set

@ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Victini is really standard on most psychic teams and this team is none the less. Blue Flare And V-Create stab to beat bug easier, U-turn for the momentum, and bolt strike is here so i dont get walled by bulky water and bulky fire pokemons.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Recover
- Giga Drain

I absolutely love this mon now, ever since i saw crazyclown use it I've tried to use it in some of my builds. now mew can run a 4th move over rocks and healing wish is always nice for healing up gardevoir, victini, or even gothitelle, celebi also helps in the ground matchup witch i always thought was a pain for psychic.

@ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Standard bulky slowbro, to help with all types really. rocky helmet is my preferred item on this mon, but lefties is still a great option, yellow magic is here for just annoyance to cripple faster mons for the rest of the squad.

@ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 152 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Knock off mew is very fun to use in ou, so why not mono. defog to help get rid of rocks for victini, webs for the team vs bug matchup and just hazard clearance in general. bulky fat mon that i loved ever since this set got poplar in the mono community.

Special Thanks to Paleo for allowing me to build for you :D

Gothitelle @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Shadow Tag
Timid Nature
- Trick
- Calm Mind
- Rest
- Psychic

Gardevoir-Mega @ Gardevoirite
Ability: Trace
Timid Nature
- Hyper Voice
- Psyshock
- Focus Blast
- Taunt
Victini @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Hasty Nature
- V-create
- Blue Flare
- Bolt Strike
- U-turn

Celebi @ Leftovers
Ability: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 HP / 220 SpD / 36 Spe
Calm Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Healing Wish
- Recover
- Giga Drain

Slowbro @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpA
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Slack Off
- Thunder Wave
- Psyshock

Mew @ Leftovers
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 152 SpD / 100 Spe
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Defog
- Will-O-Wisp
- Roost

Last edited:
Requesting an Ice team build around this core I've been fooling around with recently, Hazard Master Cloyster+Hex Froslass

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Switcheroo

These sets aren't exactly set in stone, the filler move on Cloyster can be anything and the item can change (I've fooled around with Helmet as well, but I like Lefties more), and the Lass set can be basically anything, as long as it has Hex, as it stands now it's a ripoff of stun's weird specs lass. Feel free to be creative as you want with Lass.

Requesting an Ice team build around this core I've been fooling around with recently, Hazard Master Cloyster+Hex Froslass

Cloyster @ Leftovers
Ability: Skill Link
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Blast
- Toxic Spikes
- Rapid Spin
- Spikes

Froslass @ Choice Specs
Ability: Cursed Body
Timid Nature
- Hex
- Ice Beam
- Psychic
- Switcheroo

These sets aren't exactly set in stone, the filler move on Cloyster can be anything and the item can change (I've fooled around with Helmet as well, but I like Lefties more), and the Lass set can be basically anything, as long as it has Hex, as it stands now it's a ripoff of stun's weird specs lass. Feel free to be creative as you want with Lass.
Reserving this, although I might change the set + spread a bit. (Like 248 HP is better on Cloyster, and Frost Breath > Ice Beam)

Yo, dropping a request for a psychic team built around Reflect Type Mega-Latias.
Latias is a really underrated mega imo. It has decent bulk, and with reflect type it can hard wall threats to psychic like bisharp.
It also has access to recovery and the amazing BoltBeam coverage.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Feel free to mess around with the set and get as creative as you want :)

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Latias: 155-183 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO (after reflect type)

Vid

Our life is what our thoughts make it
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Yo, dropping a request for a psychic team built around Reflect Type Mega-Latias.
Latias is a really underrated mega imo. It has decent bulk, and with reflect type it can hard wall threats to psychic like bisharp.
It also has access to recovery and the amazing BoltBeam coverage.

Latias-Mega @ Latiasite
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Reflect Type
- Thunderbolt
- Ice Beam
- Recover
Feel free to mess around with the set and get as creative as you want :)

+2 252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 0 Def Mega Latias: 155-183 (42.6 - 50.4%) -- 1.2% chance to 2HKO (after reflect type)
Reserved

Seo.

Nice guys always finish last...
Requesting a Dark Team around Mega Sharpedo and Hydreigon

Sharpedo @ Sharpedonite
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Waterfall/Hydro Pump
- Crunch
- Protect
- Destiny Bond/Ice Fang

Hydreigon @ Choice Scarf/Life Orb
Timid Nature
- Flamethrower
- Draco Meteor
- Dark Pulse
- Flash Cannon/Focus Blast

Thanks!

Last edited:
Super new to the tier and was hoping to request a Steel type semstall/stall team built around RestTalk Doublade and Magnet Rise Klefki. I am used to playing bulky styles of play in other tiers and think that this would be the best way to get started in monotype.

Klefki @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 248 HP / 8 SpA / 252 SpD
Calm Nature
- Magnet Rise
- Spikes
- Toxic
- Dazzling Gleam/Play Rough

I prefer Dazzling Gleam over Play Rough because of Rough skin/rocky helmet chomp. Feel free to change this as it is pretty subjective.

Doublade @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 252 SpD
Sassy Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic/Shadow Sneak

Toxic is the standard on this sort of set but Shadow Sneak could also be used on a more offensive build to pick up kills on weakened Victinis and Gengars.

Thanks!

Hello everyone. =]

I've been given a position as a Steel type gym leader in a Facebook group I admin and I need help, so I've come to you the Smogon Community for your help. I'd like to build a team around Mega Scizor and Heatran. I choose these two because Heatran takes care of Scizors only weakness, that being fire. Mega Scizor in turn takes on fighting and ground fairly well with its bulk. Water types could be an issue so maybe I could throw in Ferrothorn to help aid in taking water type attacks better, but what would you recommend?

Here are the two sets I have:
Scizor @ Scizorite
Ability: Light Metal
EVs: 248 HP / 44 Atk / 16 Def / 200 SpD
Impish Nature
- Swords Dance
- Roost
- Bullet Punch
- Knock Off

SD to help set up against bulky pokemon
Roost for healing
BP for STAB and priority
Knock off to provide a decent way to damaging bulky psychic types as well as removing items.

Heatran @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SpD / 80 Spe
Calm Nature
- Lava Plume
- Toxic
- Taunt
- Earth Power

Lava Plume for STAB
Toxic for bulky switch-ins
Taunt to break stall
Earth power for other heatrans

I almost wanted to put Stealth rock on it but I wanted to make this more of a stall breaker with slightly more annoying options against the opponents. I feel like if I need a partner with SR, I could use Skarmory or Ferrothorn. Skarmory does make a good defogger along with its ability to phaze with roar and with hazards stack from ferro...it might make another good combo. Maybe! I also wanted to throw Scarfed Magnezone for trapping skarmory, Empoleon, etc. too. I hope I was detailed enough to warrant a response..still unfamiliar with posting and navigating my way through here lol but thank you for your time. =]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)