Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you mean those leaks where the final popplio evo is a mermaid, then yes, those were posted here weeks ago

I meant more like "is the leak gonna be discussed willy nilly with random images/fan art time to time" rather than "important leak stuff that hasn't been released from gf gets spoilered". Don't mind the reference to Robingroot above since that tells me nothing but "grass type evo" :V I outie'd from the thread then too but things quietened after GF posted the next video.

I wonder - are totem Pokémon going to be catchable? I mean, they're clearly not the same as standard wild Pokémon, but the only other time we couldn't catch a (technically) wild Pokémon was when Ghetsis's staff was interfering during the BW2 battle with Kyurem.

Also, I can think of no good reason that Formantis and Lurantis aren't Bug-type except that Game Freak didn't want to condemn another evolution chain to the awfulness of Grass/Bug.

To complete the island challenge, young trial-goers must overcome the trials in store on each of the four islands. These trials are not limited to battling with Pokémon. They take a variety of forms, such as finding items or completing tests of knowledge. You will not be able to accomplish them with ordinary methods!

Alright so this is super cool...sort of. On the one hand it seems like Gym Puzzles done right and that it will span the whole island but...I don't want to spend hours looking for some random item on the ground.

I wonder - are totem Pokémon going to be catchable? I mean, they're clearly not the same as standard wild Pokémon, but the only other time we couldn't catch a (technically) wild Pokémon was when Ghetsis's staff was interfering during the BW2 battle with Kyurem.

Marowak disagrees

Pokémon from the battle pyramid and battle seviper as well (ok you can't bring pokeballs here)

I don't think they'll be catcheable, the trial is to beat them (but I could just as well be wrong)

Guys, you don't understand. The new Exeggutor is based on TCG art from 1999.
Not to mention, Sandslash has previously been a Steel-type in the TCG

Sandslash.jpg

How deep does the hole go???

I wonder - are totem Pokémon going to be catchable? I mean, they're clearly not the same as standard wild Pokémon, but the only other time we couldn't catch a (technically) wild Pokémon was when Ghetsis's staff was interfering during the BW2 battle with Kyurem

Marowak in the Pokemon Tower was wild and it couldn't be caught either.

EDIT: Sniped

"A new element has been introduced into the Pokémon battles in Pokémon Sun and Pokémon Moon: Z-Moves. Z-Moves are moves of great power that can only be used once per battle."

Turn 2

The opposing Gengar used Protect!
The opposing Gengar protected itself!
Pikachu surrounded itself with its Z-Power!
Pikachu unleashes its full-force Z-Power!
Pikachu used Gigavolt Havoc!
The opposing Gengar protected itself!
Given how Protect heavy Doubles tends to be, it wouldn't surprise me if all Z-Moves broke Protect.

So functionally, Z-moves are essentially "Mega moves". But read this...

Key Items for Z-Moves

The Z-Ring fits on a Trainer’s arm, and Z-Crystals are set into it. If a Pokémon holds the same variety of Z-Crystal, the two will be able to resonate with one another. Crystals that correspond to each Pokémon type have been found in the Alola region.

According to the in-universe flavor, you need to keep a crystal in your bracelet, AND have your Pokemon hold an identical crystal, so they can match up and do the move. But if you remember from gen 6, a "Key Stone" was a thing that the characters wore to match up with the Pokemon's held Mega Stone. The player characters wore these in a bracelet as well.

Is it possible that you would have to choose between having a Mega or a Z-move on your team, because your character can only store 1 item in their bracelet at once? Or will they throw out the flavor logic and let you do both (maybe like the XY NPCs who stored their keystones in other jewelry not on their arms)?

Also, I can think of no good reason that Formantis and Lurantis aren't Bug-type except that Game Freak didn't want to condemn another evolution chain to the awfulness of Grass/Bug.
I figured it was a funny twist on the existing species. They're clearly based on those flower-mantises, the bugs that look like plants. So I guess these guys decided to be plants that look like bugs (that look like plants).

Level up by icy rock most likely
Would be neat if other pokemon besides the eeveelutions used those. Maybe Exeggutor will shake things up and use the moss rock instead?

Speaking of: Does the fact that it used a physical move any indicator that Alola forms may have differing Base Stats compared to previous gens? They'll already have different movepools, so who knows.

Also: Did Gumshoos use Hyper Fang, Super Fang, or another bite move? I wanna know how excited to be about that.

Edit:
Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something.

In other news: Alolan Exeggutor's fourth head is... kind of cute?
pr_alola-770x562.png
Is it me, or does that Tauros look a little different?

If another Pokémon in the field uses a dancing move, then Oricorio will be able to use the same move immediately afterward, thanks to its Dancer Ability.

Another Pokémon in field means it dances with your Pokemon well. Double quiver dance, double swords. This in triple should awesome.

I get the feeling Z-moves are mostly going to help those that don't have access to a strong STAB move. So, like... Dedenne and Fairy is the first thing that comes to mind but even Z-moves won't help it. Something like a Dragon Z-move won't make Dragons THAT much more overpowered, as they already have Outrage or Draco Meteor. Yeah, they'll probably be balanced.

Dammit, I knew I was forgetting something.

In other news: Alolan Exeggutor's fourth head is... kind of cute?
pr_alola-770x562.png

Ok the Exeggutor in that image (the main one) looks like its plotting something. Also a shame it has...that design. Just...what is that thing? Please, burn it with fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back