Gen VII: Pokemon Sun and Moon Discussion MKII

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the official website:

"The Grimer and Muk in the Alola region produce and store their toxins within their bodies. So, unlike the Grimer and Muk in other regions, you won’t detect any unpleasant aromas when you draw near one."

Alolan Grimer and Muk: pleasantly scented for maximum fabulosity.
Great, odor-less Grimer and Muk. Their dangerousness has been turned up to eleven.

Looks like Z crystals get their own slot in the bag. Love the new 'mons revealed. Bit disappointed that the Kahuna has only 3'mons on her team. I also noticed a heart shape beside the z crystal slot in the bag does that indicate that we can use this gens pokepuff outside of Refresh?

• Type:Null's evolution's name is Silvally. It gets the ability 'RKS System' which allows it to change its type while holding certain items. It gets Multi-Attack which is basically Jugdment 2.0, but definitely seems physical.
  • Jagmo-o evoles into Hakamo-o which evolves into Kommo-o. Abilities are still Bulletproof/Soundproof. Kommo-o gets a new signature move, Clanging Scales. Definitely getting the pseudo vibes here.
  • Bounsweet evolves into Steenee which is pure Grass with Leaf Guard/Oblivious, which further evolves into Tsareena which is also pure grass, but with Leaf Guard/Queenly Majesty which appears to be Dazzling 2.0. Also gets a new signature move in Trop Kick.
  • Cutiefly evolves into Ribombee, which is Bug/Fairy type, with the abilities Honey Gather/Shield Dust.
  • Alolan Muk! Nothing surprising here though!
also kahunas! unfortunately they're also one type mains :/ was hoping for something new

Looks like Z crystals get their own slot in the bag. Love the new 'mons revealed. Bit disappointed that the Kahuna has only 3'mons on her team. I also noticed a heart shape beside the z crystal slot in the bag does that indicate that we can use this gens pokepuff outside of Refresh?
I am assuming that thats the first time you fight them. I bet if you refight them at the end of the game for the E4 like challenge they'll have more

Cresselia~~

Junichi Masuda likes this!!
  • Type:Null's evolution's name is Silvally. It gets the ability 'RKS System' which allows it to change its type while holding certain items. It gets Multi-Attack which is basically Jugdment 2.0, but definitely seems physical.
  • Jagmo-o evoles into Hakamo-o which evolves into Kommo-o. Abilities are still Bulletproof/Soundproof. Kommo-o gets a new signature move, Clanging Scales. Definitely getting the pseudo vibes here.
  • Bounsweet evolves into Steenee which is pure Grass with Leaf Guard/Oblivious, which further evolves into Tsareena which is also pure grass, but with Leaf Guard/Queenly Majesty which appears to be Dazzling 2.0. Also gets a new signature move in Trop Kick.
  • Cutiefly evolves into Ribombee, which is Bug/Fairy type, with the abilities Honey Gather/Shield Dust.
  • Alolan Muk! Nothing surprising here though!
also kahunas! unfortunately they're also one type mains :/ was hoping for something new
Queenly Majesty might stop all priority moves, including lower priority moves like Trick Room, Roar and Dragon Tail.

I read Bruxish's text on the official website, and Bruxish's entry has "prevents moves that normally strike first"
However, this is absent from Tsareena's Pokedex entry.

Alolan Muk confirmed Oil Spill. Also appears to have Crunch, which would be cool. Silvally isn't too bad of a name, although I will probably jokingly refer to the ability as RKO System. And they are definitely pushing it along the "Man's folly to recreate a god" angle. Makes me excited for the story, maybe it'll be as good or better than BW. More importantly, Multi-Attack seems to be Physical. If the base Power is above 80 then it will be a viable move for a lot of potential typings for Silvally, depending on Movepool.

Kommo-o's special move sounds like it would be Steel, but odds are it is Dragon... but more importantly, it appears to be a Sound move, So it has something that can ignore Substitute. This actually would be a pretty huge thing, especially if it is Dragon since besides the fact that Fairies are completely immune, it still hits a lot of stuff for neutral damage. If it is Steel, then it probably means it has a good way to deal with fairies naturally.

Queenly Majesty is a Dazzle clone. So we have ability clones in the same generation they were introduced...
So now I have two pokemon to worry about when using Liepard? Son of a...

I like how this new queen majesty stomps Pokemon.
A queen.
Stomping.
Ya.
Oh, so they now have a Pokemon for those people. Well, I can't say I am too surprised.

To be fair, she started by sending out an NFE too. Maybe you battle her multiple times and this is just an early game match.
Kind of makes me wonder about their role in the Island Challenges. Maybe all the Kahunas use three Pokemon initially for the purposes of the Island Challenge, then when you want to fight the Champion you have to battle them again for permission and they have a better team.

Hmmm... interesting. The second hit being reduced to a quarter is going to make it far more manageable.

(Can see Seismic Toss sets overtaking the others)
Unless baby deals 1/4 of what mommy dealt instead of 1/4 attack Power, that'll probably be the case.

In regards to that small moment of Mega Kangaskhan attacking Wishiwashi, the latter's HP dropped somewhat slowly for its level. Either HP drops have slowed down again... or it has a very high HP stat.

Just pointing this out:

RKS System: Arr Kee Ess System (Arceus System).
In spanish: Sistema Alfa (Alpha System) -- Arceus is categorized as the Alpha Pokémon.

Yep. Also, Silvally, and it's relation with "memories" and technology is in it's name. Silicon Valley.

So, apparently Grimer and Muk were imported in to be used by waste disposal companies to literally eat the garbage. And it was from that diet that they got their Alolan forms.

Question though: what the hell is in the garbage of Alola that causes Pokemon to literally real-world evolve like that?
It's probably based on the oil slicks in pearl harbor. Assuming the team visited Hawaii like they did for France with Kalos, one of the places they would have gone is the Arizona memorial which is famous for the fact that it's still leaking oil and you always see small slicks on the surface.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 12)