NOC Paranoia Mafia Game Over - Mafia Wins

Status
Not open for further replies.
lurking, noncontent posting, defeatism as far as I can tell
it also hasnt aligned with his previous games play where he was town? not sure on that one though, you'd need to ask someone else about it

texas just completely dismissing gale seems kinda weird but not sure if its confidence or scumminess there

lurking, noncontent posting, defeatism as far as I can tell
it also hasnt aligned with his previous games play where he was town? not sure on that one though, you'd need to ask someone else about it

texas just completely dismissing gale seems kinda weird but not sure if its confidence or scumminess there
Thats bs reason to vote someone!

Would you call yourself motivated to finding scum?

yea but in case you couldnt tell i'm having a hard time finding scum traits in any of the remaining players aside from aubisio
there's a reason i was asking for who people would lynch if they could not lynch aubisio today

yea but in case you couldnt tell i'm having a hard time finding scum traits in any of the remaining players aside from aubisio
there's a reason i was asking for who people would lynch if they could not lynch aubisio today
You have 55 pages to figure out who could be scum in 8 left players.

If you don't know what to do in this case, then you need to learn how to scum hunt.

Motivation leads to effort, I am actually seeing a lack of it in you.

What do you need to find who the scum are in this game?

Go through the game, its a puzzle that you need to solve!

Texas Cloverleaf

This user has a custom title
is a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Confidence. I know Gale well, I know how he reasons (and he's already shown as such itt), and I can predict what he'll come up with.

His analysis won't affect my reads because it will be imo fundamentally flawed. He looks for hard facts which is good but ignores the human factor completely. Funny thing about facts is that they've led us to four straight mislynches. He's approaching this like it's early game. His reasoning is good and what I expected from town!gale but without having been present for the rest of the game the way he's approaching things right now will lose us the game.

Aubisio is 90% scum. Twin is 80%. I'm happy with those odds to win considering how badly we've fucked this game up so far.

Not necessary, it means manipulative scum have control of few townies minds.
No, you don't see what I see, which is why I pointed that tidbit out.

aubisio is only town if one of the following conditions are met:

1.) Every single scum is voting him right now

2.) We can actually afford another mislynch

3.) twin is scum and hasn't been online, and his scum buddy is voting aubisio

4.) Scum are complete buffoons, and I mean complete buffoons

I don't find any of these outcomes particularly probable, so I reject the idea aubisio is town.

Confidence. I know Gale well, I know how he reasons (and he's already shown as such itt), and I can predict what he'll come up with.

His analysis won't affect my reads because it will be imo fundamentally flawed. He looks for hard facts which is good but ignores the human factor completely. Funny thing about facts is that they've led us to four straight mislynches. He's approaching this like it's early game. His reasoning is good and what I expected from town!gale but without having been present for the rest of the game the way he's approaching things right now will lose us the game.

Aubisio is 90% scum. Twin is 80%. I'm happy with those odds to win considering how badly we've fucked this game up so far.
rssp1 : This is an example of Scum confidence, which is something they would unconsciously exhibit right now.

With almost half of town being wiped out its common to have townies disheartened. Scums would be the confident bunch in this case.

Aubisio (3): Asek, rssp1, Texas Cloverleaf

1.) Every single scum is voting him right now - Its pretty possible.

2.) We can actually afford another mislynch - I don't get this

3.) twin is scum and hasn't been online, and his scum buddy is voting aubisio - Possible

4.) Scum are complete buffoons, and I mean complete buffoons - Irrelevant (could be a sane strategy)

Motivation != Confidence

lmao at borath's post thats a 10/10 meme

rssp1 : This is an example of Scum confidence, which is something they would unconsciously exhibit right now.

With almost half of town being wiped out its common to have townies disheartened. Scums would be the confident bunch in this case.
glad im not the only one then
I get what you're saying, actually
Unlynch Aubisio
not gonna lynch texas but I do need to entertain the possibility of him being scum a bit more

You have 55 pages to figure out who could be scum in 8 left players.

If you don't know what to do in this case, then you need to learn how to scum hunt.

Motivation leads to effort, I am actually seeing a lack of it in you.

What do you need to find who the scum are in this game?

Go through the game, its a puzzle that you need to solve!
I mean after seeing more townie than scummy characteristics from the entire playerbase i'm having a hard time figuring out who is scum.
i'm not very motivated for the game atm bc im attempting (and failing) to study, although I probably should have put my energy into that a while ago
i've gone through the game 3-4 times now so not really a fan of doing that again

Aubisio (3): Asek, rssp1, Texas Cloverleaf

1.) Every single scum is voting him right now - Its pretty possible.

2.) We can actually afford another mislynch - I don't get this

3.) twin is scum and hasn't been online, and his scum buddy is voting aubisio - Possible

4.) Scum are complete buffoons, and I mean complete buffoons - Irrelevant (could be a sane strategy)

Motivation != Confidence
You have hammer as a mechanic here, right?

i think what borath is saying is that scum would have hammered if aubisio was town
if scum are not hammering + aubisio is town we have another day in the game left

Mhm that is right, go on please
Well prior to rssp1's Unvote just now, there were 4 on aubisio (you forgot my vote). One more vote is the hammer.

We're working on the assumption that if we mislynch here we lose. If this assumption is correct, scum have every incentive to hammer town as soon as the opportunity presents itself, as it guarantees the win.

So in regards to my 4 points, they all explain why scum wouldn't hammer town!aubisio.

1.) Scum can't hammer if they're already on the wagon.

2.) Scum wouldn't out themselves if we can still get in another lynch.

3.) They're trying to set up for the win but twin hasn't been online at the right times.

4.) They can't count and don't realize they could've won.

The other, likelier scenario (in my o p i n i o n) is that aubisio is just scum.

Booyaka.

That is a good assessment, but (2) and (3) are pretty likely events.
I have seem them happen a lot of times, so Aubisio could be town.

Although this has definitely put some points to consider.

Lets say Aubisio is scum, do you think he is being bussed or the wagon on him is pure townies? That is something that can be analyzed. (Rssp1?)

I'm gonna assume you're asking me for my opinion instead of saying i'm bussing him
if so, I think texas is a possible busser for aubisio, I don't see how asek or I are bussing him unless you're saying multiple failed attempts to lynch him are a bus
borath is too new so I can't go off of previous actions there, but his reasons for lynching aubisio seem logical so I doubt he's bussing him.

That is a good assessment, but (2) and (3) are pretty likely events.
I have seem them happen a lot of times, so Aubisio could be town.

Although this has definitely put some points to consider.

Lets say Aubisio is scum, do you think he is being bussed or the wagon on him is pure townies? That is something that can be analyzed. (Rssp1?)
As for 2) and 3), if 2) is true I'd be absolutely ecstatic and if 3) is true... ehhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... <somebodyshrugginginacomedicway.gif>

I'd rather not make pre-flip associatives but we've been rocking the idea of a twin + aubisio team for a while with very little pushback from either. Obviously if we get aubisio and they're scum, people are going to want to lynch twin. That much is just fact.

rssp1, twin, and Texas are the only three I can see being partners with aubisio. All of them have various merits as to why I wouldn't want them lynch but I'll obviously need to get over it for one of them.

One issue is I'm lazy so I'm not going to put in the work right now just in case we're wrong and my efforts were in vain.

I'm gonna assume you're asking me for my opinion instead of saying i'm bussing him
if so, I think texas is a possible busser for aubisio, I don't see how asek or I are bussing him unless you're saying multiple failed attempts to lynch him are a bus
borath is too new so I can't go off of previous actions there, but his reasons for lynching aubisio seem logical so I doubt he's bussing him.
Free meta:

I have bussed in all but one of my scum games on my home site.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)