SPOILERS! Pokemon Sun and Moon Full Game Datamine General Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fomatis and Lurantis get Contrary Leaf Storm. Move over Serperior.
Too bad they get almost no Special coverage options.

Oh, and Z-Moves do NOT bypass Mimikyu's Disguise ability.

Aw yeah, some 'em what's what li'l buddy :)

Oh, and no big deal, but BIDOOF GETS SWORDS DANCE.

Pray to your God, hug your family goodbye, and wait for the BeaverNuke to obliterate your very being.

Every form of Wormadam gets Quiver Dance and Sucker Punch.

Ambipom gets Dual Chop.

Watchog gets...Nasty Plot?

There is a new move called Psychic Fangs. It is Bruxish's signature move, but it can be passed on to Carvanha through breeding. Lillipup also gets it, but only via breeding with Smeargle, it would seem.

There's a new move called Power Trip. Only the Mankey, Sandile, and Pancham lines get it, with only Krookodile getting it through Level-Up.

Last edited:
I wish these pastebins didn't have evolution information. They kind of spoiled me on a (expected) plot point.

A few more things I got from looking at them:
  • Kommo-o gets Overcoat as its HA. Interesting that you get to choose one subset of immunities out of three.
  • I definitely agree that Necrozma is something else and not an UB. Probably the third version legendary (or an event, but the typing and moves it gets suggest a relation to Solgaleo and Lunala). My guess is that it will also probably have a different form, since its current base stats only add up to 600.
  • Marshadow is the other BST 600. I imagine event legendary, but what would that make of the Strange Souvenir? There don't seem to be that many Pokémon left for them to do events. Anyway, it boasts a great offensive typing, good movepool, great stat distribution, Technician, its signature move is amazing (90 BP,Ghost,Physical - Steals targets boosts before striking), and it even gets its own Z-Move!
  • Why in the world is that anchor Grass/Ghost and its ability, aptly named Steelworker, increases the power of Steel moves? On the other hand, it gets three STABs, maybe?

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of Electric/Psychic/Misty/Grassy Seeds on the held item data of the Pokémon. Could they be meant to extend the duration of the fields?

EDIT2: Pikachu gets an exclusive Z-Move (Catastropika), Pikachu with Ash's cap gets ANOTHER exclusive Z-Move (10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt) and Alolan Raichu gets its own Z-Move as well. They really like those buggers, don't they?

Last edited:
I wasn't expecting Pyukumuku to have 55/130/130 bulk. Same it has no offense presence. It's probably going to sit there and Toxic stall stuff to death. Oh, and it gets recover.

Hey, I'm not sure where I should ask this but could we maybe have an Alola form discussion thread? I feel like there's some ripe material there (more so than like Yungoos discussion at least).

Ah, wait, does 100% zygarde really only get a (quite sizable!) HP boost and a small special attack boost

like...sure...ok...that's one way to have a midbattle forme change gimmick but not exactly what I thought of when I saw giant gundamn snake, protector of the ecosystem

So get on the internet and find out someone has the game already and leaking everything.

As Long as I avoid story spoilers I'm happy.

I am liking the idea of buffing/tweaking older pokemon. Far'fetched with higher Attack is great. Gengar, while I love him, loses leavitate and will make the poor guy more balanced.

I correctly guessed that Poison/Water typing, but man that ability is amazing. And someone says it gets a protect that also poisons? Who cares if its offensives may not be amazing. It can always critical, that alone is great.

While I love Alolan Ninetails, I have been torn on using it or the bug/fairy on my sun team. Bug fairy can heal allies and such, but alolan Ninetails can set up double screens in the snow, which it also gets snow warning... if I team it with that bulky water/poison, it may be increadibly hard to kill it.

Regarding the profusion of low-speed critters this generation, I'm wondering if GameFreak's reasoning is that they're trying to increase the diversity of stat allocations. Too much speed-heavy last generation, so they're trying to emphasize other stats to set the balance back for players who didn't care for speed-dedicates.

Although I'm frustrated with speed being some kind of king stat (there should not BE a king stat)--or worse, gatekeeper stat--I'm wondering if this might be more evidence that GF just isn't that good with playing their own game, at least competitively (although I am wondering what Tajiri's involvement is like these days). It's not an unprecedented thing--Richard Garfield is apparently not that great at Magic, for instance. Still, WotC has been known to circumvent the problem by recruiting actual gamers to help with card design. Is there something interdicting GF from doing the same for pokemon? They could contact competitive communities like this to submit critter designs, maybe take the best seven fanworks in all.

Someone on /vp/ compiled a list of new moves and what gets them (https://boards.4chan.org/vp/thread/29752819)

Highlights (other than signature moves most people have already seen)
Weavile gets Throat Chop
Starmie and Clefable get Spotlight, a new move that works like follow me but for a target other than the user (idk if it can be used on enemies)
Dhelmise gets Anchor Shot, a steel type Spirit Shackle clone
Heatmor has a new signature move that lowers defense of the target
Molteres, Arcanine and Typhlosion get a move that removes their fire type upon use
Krookodile, Primeape and Pangoro get Power Trip, a physical stored power clone
Smart Strike, a new steel never miss move with 80BP is VERY widely distributed.
Stoutland, Sharpedo and Bruxish get Psychic Fangs which breaks screens
Primeape, Marowak, Golurk, Bewear, Guzzlord and Alola Marowak get Stomping Tantrum, a 75BP ground move that becomes 150BP if the user's move failed on the last turn
Marshadow's signature move, spectral thief, STEALS AN OPPONENTS STAT BOOSTS before attacking (holy shit that thing is going to be OP even in ubers)

Yeah I was expecting some signficant stat rearrangement going on, not...10 points slightly rearranged.
Like why is exeggutor still primarily special attacker here
Yeah, they gave him a signature move that I'm just not going to use lol.

I wish these pastebins didn't have evolution information. They kind of spoiled me on a (expected) plot point.

A few more things I got from looking at them:
  • Kommo-o gets Overcoat as its HA. Interesting that you get to choose one subset of immunities out of three.
  • I definitely agree that Necrozma is something else and not an UB. Probably the third version legendary (or an event, but the typing and moves it gets suggest a relation to Solgaleo and Lunala). My guess is that it will also probably have a different form, since its current base stats only add up to 600.
  • Marshadow is the other BST 600. I imagine event legendary, but what would that make of the Strange Souvenir? There don't seem to be that many Pokémon left for them to do events. Anyway, it boasts a great offensive typing, good movepool, great stat distribution, Technician, its signature move is amazing (90 BP,Ghost,Physical - Steals targets boosts before striking), and it even gets its own Z-Move!
  • Why in the world is that anchor Grass/Ghost and its ability, aptly named Steelworker, increases the power of Steel moves? On the other hand, it gets three STABs, maybe?

EDIT: I'm seeing a lot of Electric/Psychic/Misty/Grassy Seeds on the held item data of the Pokémon. Could they be meant to extend the duration of the fields?
The anchor isn't the Pokemon. Its the sea weed attached to the (wooden) anchor

honestly disappointed that salandit is combee with an actual interesting typing
It's not Combee. Salandit actually learns moves :p

Emolga gets Speed Swap.

Sandslash-A and Beartic get the Ability Slush Rush, which doubles Speed in Hail.

Beartic also got an Attack buff (110 -> 130)

Getting a female Salandit should be nowhere near as difficult as getting a female Combee.

Just get a male with Cute Charm... or just keep battling wild Pokemon until you find one. It's not like you have to wait 12 hours...

Mantine is actually gonna be OU viable. Roost+85/70/140 defense+Water Absorb+Defog?

Yea you're weak to SR....but you WALL all Keldeo (okay except Sub-CM that's already set up), Charizard-Y, and...well, other things.
Wait wait, it got Roost? Is there a link to the changed movesets?

I wasn't expecting Pyukumuku to have 55/130/130 bulk. Same it has no offense presence. It's probably going to sit there and Toxic stall stuff to death. Oh, and it gets recover.
Not to mention that, with that bulk, most strong attacks will leave it with little health, which will make Innards Out not as useful as we all hoped it to be (except against random Reversal users and +>2 set-up mons).

Glad to see more Rapid Spin/Defog users (no Defog tutor ;_;), even though most of them probably won't bother running it (like Tsareena and Pheromosa) but hey, the more the merrier!
Also, I read somewhere a couple pages ago that Knock Off received a nerf (65 -> 45 BP), but in the datamine videos the move is still listed as having a base power of 65. Has no nerf actually taken place, or have I not looked hard enough?

Mantine is actually gonna be OU viable. Roost+85/70/140 defense+Water Absorb+Defog?
It's... conceivable, but rock weakness hurts on a defogger. I'm just pissed that its stats don't match Skarm's anymore. Yeah, Skarm has a way better typing and I guess movepool, but still...

Burn Up
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type.
Arcanine, Moltres, Typhlosion

Wait wait. Whats the power behind this move? And do they just lose the fire typing, or does it turn into a normal type? That can be really interesting, turning Moltres into a pure flying, or No type at all for Archanine or Typhlosion

Burn Up
To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out. After using this move, the user will no longer be Fire type.
Arcanine, Moltres, Typhlosion

Wait wait. Whats the power behind this move? And do they just lose the fire typing, or does it turn into a normal type? That can be really interesting, turning Moltres into a pure flying, or No type at all for Archanine or Typhlosion
Burn Up To inflict massive damage, the user burns itself out.\nAfter using this move, the user will no longer be\nFire type. Fire Special 130 Power 100% Accuracy 5 PP

it probably turns you into a normal type. It's what Roost does if it was used on a pure flying type, iirc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)