NOC Bard's College Mafia - Day Three

Status
Not open for further replies.
i skimmed through the whole role claim thing but mostly agree with not doing it
bluedoom does look good, clean pressuring with justifications
Knights' post where he doesnt take the easy opportunity to townread bluedoom who will probably never be lynched if he keeps it up doesn't seem like something scum would default to

Prophylaxis Champ went from townreading FH based on the # question to pointing out the AG vote as bad to talking about your point on FH in an irrelevant manner. The thoughts don't look coherent to me and this would be weird coming from town IMO.

I'd sheep Moody's point on XX.

I'd like hitmonleet to actually make a vote instead of making quote walls. I don't remember town!him doing this in The Thing.

I like Proph's mxmts vote more than KoC's. KnightsofCydonia you need to explain why being 2nd on the wagon is scummy because in my eyes that's NAI.

Speaking of mxmts, I felt like his reply was more likely to come from town than mafia. I don't see responses like "I didn't read the AG's post before I posted" or "I didn't see the difference between another random vote or no vote" coming from mafia immediately. Thoughts?

I'd also like to mention that Champ's response to my vote was very self-conscious. "Did I do something wrong? I'm confused..." isn't a good response when you're under pressure. I don't know anything about her meta though.

I've been mulling over a few thoughts:

1) Does abilities as one-shots make immediate reveal of results more viable as a scumhunting strat?
2) How would expended shots affect a player's perceived value?
anyone can fake a clean inspect result in this game so just reveal guilty results ?
actually pushing them before revealing would be best but I don't see the point in claiming every used shot and stuff

Also, MoodyCloud, if you don't like Xnadroj's posts, then why are you not voting for him? You mentioned that his tone felt awkward and that another one of his posts feels bad, so it feels weird to me as to why you're not voting for him.

bluedoom said:
Prophylaxis Champ went from townreading FH based on the # question to pointing out the AG vote as bad to talking about your point on FH in an irrelevant manner. The thoughts don't look coherent to me and this would be weird coming from town IMO.
Hmm, let me raise you a devil's advocate position: After rereading her post, I kind of like that she went from townreading FH to pointing out the AG vote is bad. You say that the thoughts don't look coherent to you and it would be weird coming from town, but I feel like scum!Champ would be even more self-conscious about solidifying a townread on someone, then immediately backtracking on it. I know that when I play scum, I like to remain as consistent about my reads as possible.

You say that it doesn't look coherent, but it feels to me like she's townreading someone but then noting something that has made her worry that her read might be wrong. I could be overthinking it but that's how I'm interpreting her behavior thus far?

Like Champ is either deliberating on her read of AG if she's town here or scum setting up an escape hatch. I'm not familiar with her meta, but gun to head I'd be willing to consider it's the former? Plus, I find it odd that she has four votes thus far - my gut tells me that scum would be worried and not let four votes go early game to a scumbuddy.

More posts from her would be greatly appreciated so I can try to read her with greatly accuracy but Thanksgiving etc.

bluedoom said:
Speaking of mxmts, I felt like his reply was more likely to come from town than mafia. I don't see responses like "I didn't read the AG's post before I posted" or "I didn't see the difference between another random vote or no vote" coming from mafia immediately. Thoughts?
Possibly, but doesn't change the fact that they are defensive and their first post was very overexplained. More posts from mxmts would help me in that regard; that's why I'm voting them, so I can solidify my read there.

--

Not willing to move my vote off of mxmts yet, but I am suspecting Earlio. Entirety of his posts so far:

Morning y'all
Vote Champ

I had to!
Yes let's get the D1 Earlio wagon going shall we

Imo claiming really early is a bad idea, let it come up through pressuring slots rather than taxing my feeble mind to remember it all from the start
Boy is that a username that will be annoying to vote for

Just devoid of content really and I don't like the "Yes let's get the D1 Earlio wagon going shall we" since it comes off as pretty self-conscious. Plus, checking in and saying "Boy is that a username that will be annoying to vote for" while ignoring most of the goings-on in the thread is worth raising an eyebrow at.

Anyways, quick spitballing:

I agree with AG on ability amount claiming. It makes it pretty easy for mafia to know who to kill, based on these statements (unless people lie, which becomes suspicious later)

Agree with Texas on D1 associations, but not entirely on the lynching. We should still put at least some level of pressure on them.

OMGUS :O

The early champ wagon feels... wierd. They didn't do anything, yet we already have 4 votes on them. IMO we may want to look at this closer in the future, might be telling (ofc it's also pretty telling now, so now would also be good).

Personally agree with this, seems like town being pragmatic to me.

Could both of you maybe clarify what you two are saying? I might have missed it in my skimming, but the statements just feel a bit overly vague.
like we should do something in the future but could you tell me what and when

@BLOODYRAIN10001: Like I said in my mafia theory post, please vote liberally. Using FoS/PoS helps with nothing given that we want paper trails to go along with people's stances.

What do you think about mxmts?
Got it, I'll vote if I find a reason to. I was just noting the difference before, once I read through the thread I figured I'd need to be more active with it.
As for mxmts, his tone seems a bit more defensive at the start of the game than it probably should be for town [what with the 'sorry' included in his response to Knights], but by itself that seems like a null tell, I'm not sure how he normally writes and he did have legitimate queries aimed at him. I would've found not responding to them scummier.
Hitmonleet, if you have time to quote my post then you should finish your walrus say something other than 'boi'. Not sure if posting fluff should count for a scumtell given that it's Thanksgiving, I'll just assume that Hitmonleet was trying to check in somehow while catching up with the thread with the time being. If it weren't a holiday then I would call it a scumtell.

I understand your position, but I don't think that she is experienced at mafia from I've read in her past couple of NOC games, where she was SK and Mafia. I also don't think scum would be scared of the wagon when half the votes are RVS votes.

I wouldn't move my vote off of Champ either but Earlio ignoring the content in the game is scummy, agreed.

Filler in the sense that you're bringing up things like deadlines and majority lynches when no one has talked about it, and that's pretty much irrelevant to the current discussion.

If you vote an inactive, that's not pushing the game in any direction for quite a while. If you vote a scumread, that pressures the player in question and gives you more information about the player.
That's filler? I have a bad feeling about the fact that you misunderstood as to what filler means..

Because I'm still confused. Giving my reads on Prophylaxis is filler?

Prophylaxis' point on Former Hope: Connecting to Former's reply, I think there's no real harm in them not getting off Aura Guardian ; they are not on a plurality and we aren't anywhere close to the deadline. Though as said earlier, them lynching Aura Guardian looks fishy.

Prophylaxis' point on mxmts: I will buy this. Easily. I don't find their reaction really pleasing either.

For reference

Explain why you think Texas trying to figure out the setup is townie? I know it's early, but I don't see any attempt by them to figure out other people's alignments here, and deliberating over the setup is something scum can easily do.
It's not about alignments ; it's about the setup. I know this could be easily be faked by scum, and that is why my point was that they are a townread for day one.
No one is inactive or lurking, especially the game hasn't been open for 24 hours yet. What are you trying to accomplish with this vote?
It's about the fact that it was a semi-RVS, counting the fact that they hadn't posted yet. Or that's what I assumed, until I read the thread again.

Wow Champ wagon exploded somehow.

Prophylaxis solid entrance and further solid play.

Granny Pie there was a bunch of things you could comment on or participating in RVS, also I don't know your meta so I can't use that.

BLOODYRAIN guy pings me (not just cuz of the name), can't put my finger on it. His posts feel like the sort of "I'll cooperate" kind of thing.

Now time to properly read back

Earlio coming in with that fluff and vanishes, I don't think Town does that.

Also to Prophylaxis on the "scum self-conscious" part, I think putting so much stock into "They want to look towny" is a problem, scum messing up is a real possibility.

Although I don't think Champ is scum based on the wagon, it exploded way too quick for a wagon on scum which tends to be stally and stuff.

Staying on Granny since they literally just came back in to vote me back and disappeared again

It's Thanksgiving and Grandma is over, so my ability to pay attention for another couple days is limited. I missed that post while skimming.

We are too early in for a full scumread. However, Former Hope is the closest I have.

As for my read on bluedoom, as there's a post right above asking: gut feel from the direction of his posts. It feels like we were pointed in the same direction.

Why Former Hope? It's a very... Null-ish slot rn

don't like this post too much either, like the combination of townreads jumping to a low hanging fruit feels bad even though it's prompting someone to contribute
Moody if you're scumreading me for "giving townreads and jumping to low-hanging fruit" you're basically suggesting prompting inactives is scummy, which I have to disagree with you on here.
Also what about the earlier post has a scummy "tone"?

like we should do something in the future but could you tell me what and when

I'm saying that the sudden champwagon might be a good thing to look at in terms of how it just suddenly, randomly happened and got traction very quickly, so odds are that we have at least 1 mafia, though it'd likely be better to wait until/if Champ dies first, so we don't tilt at windmills.

Wow Champ wagon exploded somehow.

Prophylaxis solid entrance and further solid play.

Granny Pie there was a bunch of things you could comment on or participating in RVS, also I don't know your meta so I can't use that.

BLOODYRAIN guy pings me (not just cuz of the name), can't put my finger on it. His posts feel like the sort of "I'll cooperate" kind of thing.

Now time to properly read back
Earlio coming in with that fluff and vanishes, I don't think Town does that.

Also to Prophylaxis on the "scum self-conscious" part, I think putting so much stock into "They want to look towny" is a problem, scum messing up is a real possibility.

Although I don't think Champ is scum based on the wagon, it exploded way too quick for a wagon on scum which tends to be stally and stuff.

Staying on Granny since they literally just came back in to vote me back and disappeared again

I like these posts. They seem pretty towny and non-fluffy from my perspective.

Will write more later: Black Friday calls.

Votecount Two, Day One

Champ1604(4): Earlio, mxmts, bluedoom, Aura Guardian
Granny Pie(2): Champ1604, XnadrojX
mxmts(2): Prophylaxis, KnightsOfCydonia
Hitmonleet(2): Haruno, BLOODYRAIN1001
XnadrojX(1): Granny Pie
Aura Guardian(1): Former Hope
Haruno(1): Hitmonleet
BLOODYRAIN1001(1): MeowMIXX,
Not Voting(7): ItzViper482, Jalmont, MoodyCloud, shubaka17, Texas Cloverleaf, Tonithetourgide

edit: bolded the names

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back