Simple Questions/Requests - Mark 49 (Minor Pokemon Trades, Item Requests etc GO HERE) (NO HACKING)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What mons do you guys use to SOS chain for hidden abilities? It needs to have some move that shows the target’s ability when you use it, and false swipe, and some move that can inflict paralysis/sleep probably. Smeargle seems obvious, and maybe it is, but it’s a bit of a pain to get it to sketch all the moves it needs.

If smeargle is just the best option, what moveset do you recommend?
For Mareanie and Sableye, having a Telepathy Ralts with Skill Swap is ideal since you can Skill Swap Telepathy onto the Corsola/Carbink so Mareanie/Sableye won't be able to KO them and end your chain. Mind you, you'll probably want to keep swapping Ralts in and out with a False Swipe user since it can't learn that move and you'll likely need to shift to a new Corsola/Carbink now and then in the chain before the original Struggles and KO's itself. You may want something with Damp for Geodude/Graveler so they can't Self-Destruct in the middle of your chain as well.

Does anyone have the following flawless mons for trade?
- Bold Ha Oddish in a Moon Ball with Strength Sap
- Modest/Timid Oddish in a Friend Ball with Strength Sap
- Careful/Jolly Skorupi in a Dream Ball with Whirlwind, Pursuit
- Jolly Sawk in a Dive Ball
- adamant Zigzagoon with E-speed
- Timid HA Girafarig in a Ultra Ball
- Jolly Ha Dwebble with Spikes
- Hasty Elekid in a Ultra/Fast Ball with HP Grass spread and Ice Punch
- Impish Overcoat Burmy in a Dream Ball
- Modest/Rash/Mild HA Magby in a Dream/Repeat Ball
- Modest/Calm/Timid Spoink in a Dream Ball with Whirlwind
- Quiet Gulpin
- adamant Dewpider in a Dive/Lure/Beast Ball with Sticky Web

And the following Pokemon that don't need good ivs:
- Naive HP Fire Diancie
- Naive Deoxys
- Timid Manaphy with 0 atk iv
- Modest Unown in a Luxury Ball with HP Psychic
- Lonely/Hasty Stantler with Sucker Punch
- adamant/brave Ha Spinda with Superpower
- Hasty/Naive/Jolly/Adamant HA Tauros with Bodyslam [RBY]
- Adamant/Timid Arceus
- Hasty/Naive Shiftry with Sucker Punch, Defog, Knock Off

Other things:
- 3 ability capsules
- Pal shiny Sylvally Code
- Smogon Giveaway Pelipper
- Smogon Giveaway Swampert

I can offer the following 5 Iv mons:
- Timid Magnemite in a Heavy Ball with HP Fire
- Timid Ha Treeko in a Luxury Ball with (HP Fire), Leaf Storm, Gigadrain, Leech Seed
- Bold/Relaxed Pink Shellos in a Dream Ball with Fissure, Counter, Yawn, Mirror Coat
- Relaxed/Bold Ha Illumise/Volbeat
- Jolly Ha aerodactyl in a Dream Ball with Pursuit, Whirlwind, Tailwind, Wide Guard,
- Adamant Krabby in a Fast Ball with Agility, Knock Off, Amnesia, Ally Switch
- Bold Lunatone in a Dusk Ball
- Adamant Solrock
- Timid/Jolly Ha Purrloin with Encore, Foul Play
- Impish HA Spiritomb in a Premier/Dream Ball with Foul Play
- Adamant Koamala in a Moon ball with Sing, Charm, Wish, Play Rough
- Bold HA Lileep in a Heal Ball with Mirror Coat, Barrier, Stealth Rock, Recover
- Timid HA Caterpie in a Dream Ball
- Jolly HA Weedle in a Ultra Ball
- Impish HA Trubbish in a Friend Ball with Spikes, Rock Blast, Selfdestruc, Rollout
- Adamant Lillipup in a Level Ball with Pursuit, Fire Fang, Thunder Fang, Psychic Fang
- Jolly Onix in a Heavy Ball with Heavy Slam, Stealth Rock
- Timid HA Abra in a Level Ball with Fire Punch, Thunder Punch, Encore, Knock Off
- Adamant Sudowoodo in a Level Ball with Selfdestruct, Stealth Rock, Rock Out, Defense Curl
- Jolly/Impish Tyrogue with High Jump Kick, Rapid Spin, Mach Punch
- Adamant HA Swinub in a Heavy Ball with Freeze Dry, Stealth Rock, Icycle Crash
- Adamant Tarpinch in a Friend Ball with Bug Bite, Quick Attack, Endure, Focus Energy
- Calm Chimecho in a Friend Ball with Wish, Stored Power
- Timid Ha Cyndaquil (HP Grass) with Extrasensory
- Timid Ha Roselia in a Safari Ball (HP Fire) with Sleep Powder, Gigadrain, Spikes, Synthesis
- Bold Koffing in a Heavy Ball with Psywave, Toxic Spikes, Pain Split, Grudge
- Adamant Marill in a Love Ball with Superpower, Bodyslam, Aqua Jet, Belly Drum
- Modest/Timid Tortunator in a Repeat Ball with Head Smash, Fire Spin
- Timid Ha Woobat in a Luxury Ball with Stored Power, Knock Off, Venom Drench
- Jolly Bagon in a Moon/Friend Ball with Thrash, Dragon Pulse, Dragon Dance, Hydro Pump
- Adamant Larvitar in a Safari Ball with Iron Head, Stealth Rock, Dragon Dance, Pursuit
- Timid Ralts in a Dream Ball with Disable, Shadow Sneak, Ally Switch, Grudge
- Jolly HA Buneary in a Dream Ball with Encore, Fake Out, Ice Punch, Fire Punch
- Modest HA Skrelp in a Luxure Ball with Toxic Spikes, Play Rough, Haze
- Timid Zoroa in a Luxury Ball with Sucker Punch, Detect, Extrassensory
- Modest Chinchou in a Beast Ball with Amnesia, Agility, Mist
- Modest Deino in a Beast Ball with Earth Power, Dark Pulse
- Modest Numel in a Luxury Ball with Heat Wave, Iron Head, ancient Power
- Jolly Any Ability Kabuto in a Dream Ball with Knock Off, Icy Wind, Giga Drain, Mud Shot
- Timid Misdreavus in a Dream Ball with Nasty Plot, Memento, Curse, Destiny Bond
- Adamant/Jolly both ability Magikarp in a Beast/Moon/Dream/Love Ball
- Jolly Ponyta in a Repeat Ball with Horse Power, Morning Sun, Hypnosis
I have a Hasty HP Fire Diancie if that works for you. I also have the Smogon Giveaway Swampert

A few open questions:

-Suggestions for a non-Adamant Solgaleo set? (excluding Jolly Z-Splash but including sets that'd work better as adamant anyway)
-Any interesting Lunala sets that don't follow the max SpAtk + max Speed pattern?
-Suggestions for a Magearna set? (Something that's not 3 Attacks + Shift Gear + Z crystal)
-Suggestions for Dusk Wings Necrozma? Timid for Ultra Mega Chicken, or some other nature to use Dusk Wings as-is.
C'mon guys, I'm not asking for them, just for suggestions.

Don't make me get them Bashful.

Hozu

RNGenius
is a Contributor Alumnus
Just a request for an answer to my question. Is US/UM the first game where you can capture a shiny Xerneas and Yveltal? As in, not as an event?

Just a request for an answer to my question. Is US/UM the first game where you can capture a shiny Xerneas and Yveltal? As in, not as an event?
Yes, they were shiny locked in Gen6 and not available und sun, the only shiny ones are obtained in events

C'mon guys, I'm not asking for them, just for suggestions.

Don't make me get them Bashful.
For the magearna question, I run Max SpA Specs Magearna with 4 attacks, and that takes a lot of people by surprise.

Magearna @ Choice Specs
Ability: Soul-Heart
EVs: 252 HP / 252 SpA / 4 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Aura Sphere
- Fleur Cannon
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt

Been working decently for me so far.

How about a Solgaleo set with a Careful nature to check Fairies? And a Bold bulky Calm Mind Lunala set?
For the magearna question, I run Max SpA Specs Magearna with 4 attacks, and that takes a lot of people by surprise.
Been working decently for me so far.
Swell! What about Dusk Wings Necro, does it do something of note other than becoming Mega Ultra Chicken?

You fuse Solgaleo/Lunala to it, then equip the MegaUltraChickenium Z-Crystal.
For Ultra Chicken I would suggest the classical offensive natures (Adamant/Modest or Jolly/Timid).
For Dawn Wings Necrozma, I would suggest bulk tank with Calm Mind, using either Modest nature or perhaps even a Quiet one and a physical move such as Psycho Cut to get past special walls.
Dusk Mane Necrozma is tougher. I could suggest a gimmick Trick Room set with a Brave nature and 0 Speed IVs, but its physical movepool is barren, so a set such as Psycho Cut | Stone Edge | Earthquake | Gyro Ball or something could work.
Now that I think about it, a Timid/Jolly set for DW/DM Necro using Rock Polish could also work given how they already have massive firepower on their own

EDIT: PSA users of Smogon. I have a Pokemon that I want to find out how did I get. The only clue that I have it's that it was traded most likely here, but could've been traded on reddit. Here are the details on it:

Nickname: None
OT: Rugaji / TID: 01559 / SID: 46287
Level 2, Male
IVs: 31 / 8 / 31 / 30 / 31 / 30 (HP Fire)
Nature: Modest
Ability: Anticipation (HA)
Heal Bell | Helping Hand | Wish | Hyper Voice
Notes: Heal Bell and Hyper Voice were given to it as BW2 tutor moves, because I remember that back when I traded this ORAS wasn't out. I can confirm this since it also doesn't have the pentagon and the origin region is Unova, meaning this must've been RNG bred on Gen 5

If you know anything please PM or VM me. Thank you

Last edited:
Thank you a lot dud. Could I maybe also have one of your Ditto? Kinda need one. Couldnt ask in game and you already closed the trade. Sry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 5)