Project Community Create-A-Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Submissions for Tapu Bulu partners is now closed. To vote for a submission just post "Vote - [Pokemon Name here],[Person who submitted here]" without the brackets. You can only vote once. You can change your vote as long as it is before the date voting closes which will be on Sunday 9:00pm EST.

Vote wisely!

lost heros

Meme Master
is a Pre-Contributor
Vote - Heatran, I'm actually Cash

Heatran beats Charizard thanks to flash fire plus its amazing typing as well as beating steel types. Tapu Bulu on the other hand hits Ground- and water-types for Heatran. Plus they're not on the same side of attacking side meaning there is likely no one wall that will be able to stop both of them, besides maybe Umbreon or Type: Null.

Last edited:
Vote - Entei, AllFourtyOne

To make it short, I feel Rockium Z Entei does a fantastic job against Tapu Bulu's main threats - Steel, Fire and Flying types - on top of the fact that the Rockium Z is very unexpected to most, making for a great lure, and its access to many neat techs like Bulldoze and Laser Focus. All in all Entei sounds extremely stylish, creative and effective, and hence it has my vote!

https://www.deviantart.com/meowmatsu/art/Shiny-Entei-302658256 by MeoWmatsu, https://www.deviantart.com/aethusyt/art/Rockium-Z-Crystal-688011968 by AethusYT

Last edited:
My vote is worth two points
Just kidding, don't hurt me <3, just wanted to make it not a one-liner
Vote - Entei, AllFourtyOne

Week 1 is now over
It's now time to proceed to Week 2 - Procure, where we finally find the third and final mon for the team. But before that let me present the second mon

AllFourtyOne's (VG Jungle's) Entei
With a total of 10 votes.
Thank you to everyone who suggested and voted.
Entei @ Rockium Z
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 248 HP / 8 Atk / 44 Def / 208 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Extreme Speed
- Sacred Fire
- Stone Edge
- Flame Charge / Stomping Tantrum

Let's get that bread gamers

Manaphy @ Waterium Z
Ability: Hydration
EVs: 144 HP / 252 Def / 56 Spa / 96 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Tail Glow
- Psychic
- Surf
- Ice Beam
Manaphy is the perfect final mon to go with this team, it cleans up the rest of the teams weaknesses and gives support to tapu bulus weaknesses as well.

Some of bulu and enteis weaknesses are
- Altaria Mega (tail glow into ice beam)
- Heatran (waterium Z)
- Aggron ( Psychic, tail glow, into water z)
- Dragonite ( ice beam twice)
- Haxorus ( ice beam twice)
-Metagross Mega (tail glow into water Z)
- diggersby ( we tank a jolly band giga impact and we outspeed adamant band and kill with water z every time)
-Nihiligo (water z)
- Venusaur ( tail glow into psychic, or psychic spam if they are leech sub)
- lando (water z, if sub just click ice beam next turn)
-excadrill (water z)
-garchomper (ice beam)

Last edited:

Kaif

tensai
is a Tiering Contributor
I just fucking slacked off during 2nd mon so time to post for 3rd mon yeet
so, let's get a few of the counters to the BuluEntei core

Metagross! Bulu got popped by meteor mash and for entei it 2hitkos u with earthquake
80 Atk Metagross-Mega Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 44 Def Entei: 228-270 (52.6 - 62.3%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8+ Atk Choice Band Entei Sacred Fire vs. 252 HP / 28+ Def Metagross-Mega: 254-300 (69.7 - 82.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
8+ Atk Choice Band Entei Extreme Speed vs. 252 HP / 28+ Def Metagross-Mega: 34-40 (9.3 - 10.9%) -- possibly the worst move ever

Next, we have FlyiniumZ Landorus, kind of self explanatory here, entei dies to eq and bulu dies to skystrike.
And...Mega Altaria followed by..OH MY GOD JAMES DID THIS ALREADY
Introducing big chad
stolen from here
Primarina @ Primarium Z
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 248 HP / 240 Def / 16 SpA / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Sparkling Aria
- Moonblast
- Aqua Jet
- Substitute / Encore
Lives a hit from metagross , kills back with torrent boosted primariumz
moonblasts altaria and can even encore on roost to drain pp
aggron aqua jet > z
heatran gets z'd if its air balloon, if its grassiumz then entei beats it with stomping tantrum
dragonite gets moonblasted

why use squishy, soft water types when you can use THIS

Swampert-Mega @ Swampertite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 Def
Impish Nature
- Rock Tomb
- Earthquake
- Ice Punch
- Avalanche/Mirror Coat

i didn't want to use another water type initially but big pert seems like the obvious choice. it's only weakness (type-wise) is grass, which both of it's partners cover. i'm sick of only seeing pert being used for yawn or exclusively countercoat since its got pretty good stats all across the board. also, having 3 physical attackers isn't too much of a problem since the team can handle most of the counters to physical mons (common intimidate users gyara, mawile, incineroar, and lando lose despite their ability, and entei can take burns.) this set pretty much beats all of the mons listed by Jamez...
Some of bulu and enteis weaknesses are
- Altaria Mega (tail glow into ice beam)
- Heatran (waterium Z)
- Aggron ( icy wind, tail glow, Z)
- Dragonite ( icy wind into ice beam
- Haxorus ( icy wind into ice beam
-Metagross Mega (tail glow into water Z)
rock tomb + eq beats heatran unless its grassium, if its grassium then the teammates can take it on
aggron doesn't appreciate stab eq from 150 base attack, and rock tomb helps to avoid dying to metal burst
the evs are there to always win against flynium dnite (max attack adamant can't kill with z + espeed, swampert rock tomb -> ice punch, and if its jolly swampert just eats)
haxorus dies to avalanche and can't kill pert even adamantly banded
metagross can barely scratch pert which smashes it with eq in return
ok the altaria matchup is iffy but HYPOTHETICALLY you can make someone choke with mirror coat mind games since there's no way to hurt them too much once they get their boosts + roost. idk maybe it's possible to win with bulu with taunt if your opponent has no idea what they're doing.

tbh the main reason i want this mon is to have the team be 100% big muscle bodybuilder types

It's time for me to do something productive.
BuluEntei Threatlist
Clarifications:
Entei beats Tran most of the time. (I'll be using VG Jungle's set here) Despite having 0 speed investments, it still outspeeds the common 128 speed Heatran. Assuming you're running Bulldoze over FCharge, Entei should win.
Additions:
Nihilego, Rockium just beats the two. (Specs only has a 25% chance of KOing Entei) (Love how all the suggestions still counter this mon)
Venusaur, this one is big. Entei lacks damage, Bulu gets Sludge Bombed, what's worse is the fact that most of the suggestion so far loses to this.
Diggersby, Bulu gets Gunked, Entei gets bopped

Imma suggest my third mon when I'm feeling more productive

Mew @ Kee Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 184 HP / 72 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt
- Amnesia

Idk which is better I've never used Kew before

Mew @ Kee Berry
Ability: Synchronize
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 20 SpD / 232 Spe
Timid Nature
- Will-O-Wisp
- Soft-Boiled
- Taunt
- Seismic Toss

Regular Kew
This is threatlist and I think Kew beats all of them (we're running bulldoze/stomping tantrum on Entei)
Mega Altaria
EQ Metagross
Aggron
Dragonite
Haxorus
Venusaur

alright with a new threatlist we have a new teammate thats 100x better than my original suggestion.

Skarmory @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb/Counter
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

this thing does not need optimized evs to destroy every threat to the team currently.
- sd can match the boosts of altaria and let skarm consistently damage it while taking almost nothing from hyper voice.
- aggron is tricky, but head smash can only do 50% on the highest roll (25% if you roost to lose the flying type), so skarm has the chance to boost up and chip with any of it's damaging moves, since aggron lacks recovery.
- dnite can't hurt skarm in the number of turns it has to survive while skarm uses rock tomb to break multiscale, then 2hkoing with z -> any other damage move
- haxorus does at most 56% if it's jolly banded with superpower, but the def drop lets skarmory ohko with the z-move. if it goes for anything else you still just click z and a follow up for that last 30~%
- rock tomb is pretty much optional since you don't really need to outspeed dnite, iron head is fine for breaking multiscale. counter lets skarm beat metagross if they just click tpunch turn 1, and i dont think running it sacrifices anything else, but im leaving rock tomb/counter because i could be missing something.
- nihilego dies to iron head
- venusaur has a chance to die to the z move, even if it puts you to sleep it can't hurt that much with drain/sludge bomb. this is the one matchup where rock tomb could be helpful, if venu outspeeds you and it's the sleep subseed variant, lowering it's hp while assuring it can't sub before you attack is nice (although the teammates might handle that)

alright with a new threatlist we have a new teammate thats 100x better than my original suggestion.
View attachment 175939
Skarmory @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Rock Tomb/Counter
- Brave Bird
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

this thing does not need optimized evs to destroy every threat to the team currently.
- sd can match the boosts of altaria and let skarm consistently damage it while taking almost nothing from hyper voice.
- aggron is tricky, but head smash can only do 50% on the highest roll (25% if you roost to lose the flying type), so skarm has the chance to boost up and chip with any of it's damaging moves, since aggron lacks recovery.
- dnite can't hurt skarm in the number of turns it has to survive while skarm uses rock tomb to break multiscale, then 2hkoing with z -> any other damage move
- haxorus does at most 56% if it's jolly banded with superpower, but the def drop lets skarmory ohko with the z-move. if it goes for anything else you still just click z and a follow up for that last 30~%
- rock tomb is pretty much optional since you don't really need to outspeed dnite, iron head is fine for breaking multiscale. counter lets skarm beat metagross if they just click tpunch turn 1, and i dont think running it sacrifices anything else, but im leaving rock tomb/counter because i could be missing something.
- nihilego dies to iron head
- venusaur has a chance to die to the z move, even if it puts you to sleep it can't hurt that much with drain/sludge bomb. this is the one matchup where rock tomb could be helpful, if venu outspeeds you and it's the sleep subseed variant, lowering it's hp while assuring it can't sub before you attack is nice (although the teammates might handle that)
Does it still beat Aggron without Roost?

Threatlist Expansion:
Ground boys are here:
FlyZ LandoT - Entei can't do enough damage, Bulu get bopped
BandChomp - PJabs Bulu, EQs Entei

Steel types who fart on Entei:
Band/Z Excadrill - Iron Head for Bulu, EQ/Z-EQ for Entei
CeleSTALLa - Excuse me for my bad pun, but Z-Rock Entei can't kill, Bulu gets slammed

Since the threatlist continues to expand, Week 2 will now allow people to suggest as many times as they want.

What teammates, we're already on the third mon and Entei/Bulu can't do anything to Venu

Does it still beat Aggron without Roost?
:P good point, idk how i missed that i wasn't running roost, but it seems like skarm might not be the perfect teammate i thought it was now that celesteela has been brought up as another threat

What teammates, we're already on the third mon and Entei/Bulu can't do anything to Venu
i meant entei against that specific variant of venu which is a matchup i hadn't really looked into

overall, i'm still a fan of skarm but trying to cover all of these things at once really makes it feel some 4mss. i'm going to look into other options tomorrow when my eyes dont feel like theyre about to fall out (specifically to break through the steels that still wall)

time for my third (and hopefully last suggestion)

like i said, i'm a big fan of skarm, mostly for it's typing, but it lacks the ability to break past bulky steel mons. if only it had some coverage...

Celesteela @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 192 HP / 252 SpA / 64 Spe
Modest Nature
- Flame Charge
- Air Slash
- Fire Blast
- Heavy Slam/Flash Cannon

i'm not sure why i didn't think of this mon from the get-go. steel/flying is a great complementary type for the two mons we have already, and celesteela outclasses skarmory in most matchups, especially the matchups it's put into on this team.
- altaria gets shit on by flash cannon and it can barely touch celesteela with hyper voice. heavy slam does less since altaria can boost, and since i like modest, but the z-move makes up for the damage.
- aggron can't kill with head-smash pre mega, and if it goes for it, the recoil puts it in range to be koed from the fire blast it's already taken. mega-evolving makes it take more damage from fire blast, and lowers the power of head smash. flame charge breaks sturdy safely.
- dragonite is also barely capable of hurting celesteela, which outspeeds adamant sets after a flame charge. the z-move does about 65~%, and you can pretty much click anything else to finish the job.
- haxorus can't ko celesteela with superpower, even with max attack/banded/adamant. the z-move ohkos if haxorus lacks investment.
- hope metagross doesn't have tpunch since celesteela only does 65~% with fire blast while taking at least 65~% from tpunch, and it's faster. if they choke and don't have tpunch, you win.
- nihilego is why i like heavy slam, running it over flash cannon doesn't really change any of the important matchups for this mon and it completely destroys nihilego. modest z-power gem does 99% at most with no investment on steelas part
- flame charge lets celesteela outspeed venusaur (unless it's max timid, which it isn't), getting rid of the fear of sub or sleep powder, and puts venu in ko range for the z-move. (the z also has a 70% chance to ohko from full hp)
- flynium lando-t can't do anything to steela
- if band chomp runs fire fang, you lose, unless they miss.
- excadrill can't touch steela
- opposing, defensive celesteela sets lose to fire blast + flame charge. this brings me to the next counter i'd like to add to the team.

celesteela.gif

Celesteela @ Choice Specs
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SpA / 20 SpD
Modest Nature
- Flamethrower
- Air Slash
- Grass Knot
- Hidden Power [Ice]

i just stole this from movesets but it also beats the team. the reason my set is different is because this one loses to aggron. idk, maybe specs steela would make a better partner for the team as it is right now, but it would come down to dittos.

Gyarados @ Flyinium Z
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 152 Atk / 104 Def
Adamant Nature
- Bounce
- Dragon Dance
- Waterfall
- Ice Fang/Taunt
-1 252 Atk Landorus-Therian Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Gyarados: 170-200 (43.1 - 50.7%) -- 3.9% chance to 2HKO
152+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 4 Def Landorus-Therian: 308-364 (96.5 - 114.1%) -- 81.3% chance to OHKO get to +1 with ddance, outspeed and take an 80% chance

152+ Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 196+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 338-398 (93.6 - 110.2%) -- 62.5% chance to OHKO
if you dont kill ice fang finishes them off
-2 152+ Atk Gyarados Supersonic Skystrike (160 BP) vs. 240 HP / 196+ Def Venusaur-Mega: 168-200 (46.5 - 55.4%) -- 67.6% chance to 2HKO
252+ Atk Garchomp Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 104 Def Gyarados: 258-304 (65.4 - 77.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO
+1 152+ Atk Gyarados Ice Fang vs. 0 HP / 0 Def Garchomp: 444-524 (124.3 - 146.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO
This however does still leave the team somewhat weak to rock types that bulu cannot deal with, mainly nihilego/headsmash aggron, and is a third phys attacker, but I like it and think its cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)