NOC Why Is There A Gun In My Popcorn? 2: Old Country Boogaloo [GAME OVER Town Wins]

ok if you had to take a shot and you used rng to solve it, are there any players in the game that you WOULD NOT shoot? Like if you rolled a specific player you would reroll instead of shooting them?
I'm not hard-RNG because I feel like the winrate is roughly equal either way we play, changed only by the competence of the mafia/town, so yeah, there are some people I would reroll if I hit.
I'm feeling town on AG because if the method came up with a good win/draw rate I would just... not post the results as scum. In the off chance that town decided to take it, I'd have only a 33% chance to win as scum and would just close the code and not mention it. Maybe you can say that they expected the town to ignore it because most people don't want to just play RNG, which nullifies the tell, but shrug, I still think it is one.
the interaction between Clarinet and Samoyed earlier was interesting and I think Clarinet was being kind of defensive about talking to Mewtwo with the "right to interact" thing, so slightly sus on Clarinet and slightly town on Samoyed, but I'm not sure if I read him as town enough to not shoot him
besides that I don't have any strong reads, if I'm bored later I may go down the list and wallpost out my reads (although it may not be that long if half most of the people just end up having "null" next to them)

Just got back from work; two things:
1) Yes, I'm willing to go along with the randing thing I suggested BUT as someone else pointed out, that's boring. I really just wanted to start some more discussion based on it.
2) My reasoning for "give me the gun" being scummy is simply: that no townie should want a miss. Every miss makes us less likely to win, even if it's to let you take a shot for yourself. Also that I remember it in association with scum last game (I think I used that myself, then).

Heading to bed soonish; I'll check before I go for anything directed at me, though. And I'll have time this evening to answer.

Aura Guardian I actually gut read Caffeine as town so far because in the game that I skimmed where he was mafia he seemed like he was trying to blend in and here he's obnoxious. ofc literally anybody else probably has a better grasp of meta here but the change in tone was significant enough to stick out. What about his behavior in this game pings you?

WaterLily3 please go further in depth about your thought processes on Fenrir and Clarinet if possible.

(Last post before bed): I haven't read caffeine's other games so I wouldn't know about the transition there. I just said it's mostly gut feelings, and not a strong read anyway. I'm prepared to admit that I could be wrong, and he wouldn't be my *first* shot if I had the gun. Just feels ... well, the bit about awful lot of work to say nothing re: the winrate calculations. And I don't feel like I've seen much of importance from him despite many posts. That's the main cause of my gut read, there.

I've pretty much filtered out DS.' posts until he has a gun in his hand, whether that remains detrimental or not is yet to be determined. This game seemed like it was gonna have a hot start but I also agree the low content feels like scum is just waiting for something to do and town not really have a determined presence. I think Clarinet is awkward but he insinuates in such a way I just feel like maybe he wants to be a good townie. Can see why you scumread him traplord but I'm not ready to make that judgment (hmu though Clarinet about what I said wrt xAndrojx maybe.)

I'm more focused on WaterLily3 who feels like hes trying to sell content that isn't even there, like he got somehow baited into a jokepost and agreed Clarinet was scummy but then Sam was like 'yea i was joking' and he just unvotes like lol

What did he even agree about in the first place? Just one post? Really makes the mind wander...
How are you gonna just filter out an entire players posts?

I'm not hard-RNG because I feel like the winrate is roughly equal either way we play, changed only by the competence of the mafia/town, so yeah, there are some people I would reroll if I hit.
I'm feeling town on AG because if the method came up with a good win/draw rate I would just... not post the results as scum. In the off chance that town decided to take it, I'd have only a 33% chance to win as scum and would just close the code and not mention it. Maybe you can say that they expected the town to ignore it because most people don't want to just play RNG, which nullifies the tell, but shrug, I still think it is one.
the interaction between Clarinet and Samoyed earlier was interesting and I think Clarinet was being kind of defensive about talking to Mewtwo with the "right to interact" thing, so slightly sus on Clarinet and slightly town on Samoyed, but I'm not sure if I read him as town enough to not shoot him
besides that I don't have any strong reads, if I'm bored later I may go down the list and wallpost out my reads (although it may not be that long if half most of the people just end up having "null" next to them)
Doesnt rerolling on certain people just nullify the whole idea of a Rand?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)