Resource Simple Questions, Simple Answers Thread

Finchinator

-OUTL
is a Tournament Directoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past WCoP Championis the defending OU Circuit Championis a Two-Time Former Old Generation Tournament Circuit Champion
OU Leader
I didn't save the replay unfortunately, if its possible to search its my most recent match but as far as I know you cant do this (happened like 20 mins ago? Name on showdown is identical).

But in theory, if my Weavile has choice scarf, non dyna, and first turn vs. a Togekiss which dynamaxs - there is literally no reason I can think of for it to go first, right?
could it have been using a move that has negative priority?

Reactions: TPP
Im looking for some anti-hazard support for a rain team, but im a bit stuck on which defog or rappid spinner to chose. Corvinknight and hawlucha seems like safe options but both add an addition electic weakness which im not keen on with the former being a bit passive so with excadrill ruled out as a epinner im leaning towards conkledur atm as an option.
Can you give us the team?
Generally Corviknight and maybe Conkeldurr as defoggers and Drill as go-to spinner

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
I dont know if here is the right place, but is this set good, or can it be improved? It surprises Seismitoad users who use it for the water immunity it provides, as well as beating gyarados with set up (although i haven't seen the wind sock as of late). Brick Break is just coverage, but can 2HKO a hydreigon with unspecified evs, because I was facing the hydra and not using it.

Morpeko @ Life Orb
Ability: Hunger Switch
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Parting Shot
- Aura Wheel
- Brick Break

Parting shot allows me to safely switch in something better (like glalie or octillery) without fear of being immediately fucked, while aura wheel gives me dark and electric coverage, or so i think. Is that how it works?
Anyways, i think the set works well in limited usage.

So far it's - peliper defensive, dracovish choice band, dragon dance gyarados, special attacking stealth rock seismitoad
No I mean like the pokepast or place it in a hide tag.
I dont know if here is the right place, but is this set good, or can it be improved? It surprises Seismitoad users who use it for the water immunity it provides, as well as beating gyarados with set up (although i haven't seen the wind sock as of late). Brick Break is just coverage, but can 2HKO a hydreigon with unspecified evs, because I was facing the hydra and not using it.

Morpeko @ Life Orb
Jolly Nature
- Seed Bomb
- Parting Shot
- Aura Wheel
- Brick Break

Parting shot allows me to safely switch in something better (like glalie or octillery) without fear of being immediately fucked, while aura wheel gives me dark and electric coverage, or so i think. Is that how it works?
Anyways, i think the set works well in limited usage.
Morpeko is an iffy choice, but
Morpeko @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Aura Wheel
- Seed Bomb
- Brick Break
- Filler
the set I'd recommend, just tweaked a little from it's analysis. But in general, there's no reason to use it.

KamenOH

formerly DynamaxBestMeta
Is there a way to calculate how many games i'd need to win in order to reach the 81% threshold?

What would be better to counter ice types with a non stab pokemon, focus blast, with it's high damage but 70% accuracy, or heat wave, with it's lower damage but better accuracy?

Is there a way to calculate how many games i'd need to win in order to reach the 81% threshold?
Not really since the GXE gain/loss is based on the ranking of the opponent relative to yours. If you look through the reqs thread you can get a good feel for what kind of W/L you will need to hit. Seems like around 80% wins or so.
Good luck and keep in mind you can always start over with a new alt or play past 40 games if you got close.

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question BUT...
I'm currently trying to get the 80% GXE needed to vote in the suspect test. The only problem is, when I look myself up on the ladder it says "No one has played any ranked games yet." When I looked myself up on https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/OUTMNyanasaur, it says that gen8ou is under Unofficial Ladder. I was wondering what ladder I needed to play on then for this to count towards the suspect test. I would hate to play all of these games and then none of them count.

Thanks in advice :)

https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1023727500

Turn 9ish. My Dragapult and opponents Eiscue dynamax. Eiscue attacks first. Is there something I'm not understanding? Eiscue has leftovers and my dragapult has max speed and modest. I should outspeed it, correct? Unless max moves retain priority from the moves it originates as. Maybe he had icicle spear? It's all I can think of.

earl

(EVIOLITE COMPATIBLE)
is a Community Contributor
https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1023727500

Turn 9ish. My Dragapult and opponents Eiscue dynamax. Eiscue attacks first. Is there something I'm not understanding? Eiscue has leftovers and my dragapult has max speed and modest. I should outspeed it, correct? Unless max moves retain priority from the moves it originates as. Maybe he had icicle spear? It's all I can think of.
Eiscue has 130 base speed with no Ice Head- therefore a Jolly Eiscue would outspend a Modest Dragapult

Since the VGA rules have been announced, I didn't see any mention of using Dynamax candy. Can we just max out all the Pokemon we plan to use or should we not do it? Thanks!

Hi, so I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this question BUT...
I'm currently trying to get the 80% GXE needed to vote in the suspect test. The only problem is, when I look myself up on the ladder it says "No one has played any ranked games yet." When I looked myself up on https://pokemonshowdown.com/users/OUTMNyanasaur, it says that gen8ou is under Unofficial Ladder. I was wondering what ladder I needed to play on then for this to count towards the suspect test. I would hate to play all of these games and then none of them count.

Thanks in advice :)
Bump because I really need to get this figured out. I really would like to get that 80% GXE

Dollainthewoods

Breakfast, Lunch, and Dinner’s for Beginners
Bump because I really need to get this figured out. I really would like to get that 80% GXE
Since all the main tiers are not out, gen 8 ou isn’t put down as the official tier yet, nothing is wrong with the ladder, continue to play gen 8 ou

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 2)