Resource SwSh OU Bazaar

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
:ss/kyurem-black: :ss/jirachi: :ss/conkeldurr: :ss/clefable: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/mandibuzz:
(click to see team)

Made this team today and it has served me very well thus far.

Kyurem-Black is a menace with Dragon Dance and Substitute gives it setup opportunities against many passive Pokemon. I'm still undecided between Heavy-Duty Boots and Life Orb but for now my preference goes to the former.
Choice Scarf Jirachi is great since it can revenge kill big threats like Kyurem and Terrakion. Healing Wish can bring back teammates like Kyurem-Black and Conkeldurr from the brink of death and its new storing mechanic is fun to play around with, while Trick can cripple common switch-ins like Corviknight and Ferrothorn.
Conkeldurr is a monster right now since it keeps so many prominent threats like Kyurem, Terrakion and Melmetal in check and Knock Off, a very spammable move, makes it even better. Facade is there to hit Fairies and Toxapex and it has enough speed to outspeed defensive Clefable.
Physically defensive Unaware Clefable is great since it can check many setup sweepers including NP Hydreigon, CM Keldeo and SS Blastoise as well as Kyurem-Black (Teravolt ignores Unaware though) and Conkeldurr to an extent.

Physically defensive Gastrodon puts in a lot of work since it can check Rotom-Heat and Wash, Corviknight and Dracovish as well as certain Keldeo and Melmetal.
Mandibuzz rounds out the team by being the team's special wall, Ghost resist and hazard removal.

I definitely recommend giving this team a try if you haven't found a team for you yet.

Last edited:
:ss/kyurem-black: :ss/jirachi: :ss/conkeldurr: :ss/clefable: :ss/gastrodon: :ss/mandibuzz:
(click to see team)

Made this team today and it has served me very well thus far.

Kyurem-Black is a menace with Dragon Dance and Substitute gives it setup opportunities against many passive Pokemon. I'm still undecided between Heavy-Duty Boots and Life Orb but for now my preference goes to the former.
Choice Scarf Jirachi is great since it can revenge kill big threats like Kyurem and Terrakion. Healing Wish can bring back teammates like Kyurem-Black and Conkeldurr from the brink of death and its new storing mechanic is fun to play around with, while Trick can cripple common switch-ins like Corviknight and Ferrothorn.
Conkeldurr is a monster right now since it keeps so many prominent threats like Kyurem, Terrakion and Melmetal in check and Knock Off, a very spammable move, makes it even better. Facade is there to hit Fairies and Toxapex and it has enough speed to outspeed defensive Clefable.
Physically defensive Unaware Clefable is amazing since it can check many setup sweepers including NP Hydreigon, CM Keldeo and SS Blastoise as well as (importantly) DD Kyurem-Black and Conkeldurr to an extent.

Physically defensive Gastrodon puts in a lot of work since it can check Rotom-Heat and Wash, Corviknight and Dracovish as well as certain Keldeo and Melmetal.
Mandibuzz rounds out the team by being the team's special wall, Ghost resist and hazard removal.

I definitely recommend giving this team a try if you haven't found a team for you yet.
8 hp on Kyub let's you make 4 subs. Your spread only allows 3.

Otherwise looks cool! Can't wait to try it out.

Edit: well it was fun while it lasted.

Last edited:

zbr

less than 99% acc = never hit
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

https://pokepast.es/64808ffa83b18231
made this squad when home was released and went 13-0 before I had to go off. super hyped with keldeo and sub dd kyub so i just threw them onto a team together. balance works super good with kyub since keld + subtox aegi wears down a lot of the standard stuff that come in on kyub like fat metals. gastro is your melmetal check and defog trick heattom is just for funsies. with the entire team almost ignoring rocks (bar spikes which is easily dealt with since heattom comes in on common spikers), this team is rlly just good to start off with for first timers into the meta imotbh

if you aren't comfortable with the lack of speed in this team you can run scarf pult over dd kyub but i just wanted to test new toys out

also, subtox aegi isnt as intense as i thought it'd be since melmetal is still pretty king but it holds its own weight. once duggy disappears in some fashion, subtox aegi will rise

sorry not sorry-

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Scald
- Toxic
- Recover

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Toxic
- Wish
- Protect

Corviknight @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Impish Nature
- Body Press
- Roost
- Defog
- U-turn

Jirachi @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Iron Head
- Healing Wish
- Fire Punch
- Trick

Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 20 Def / 232 SpD
Careful Nature
- Slack Off
- Earthquake
- Stealth Rock
- Toxic

Rotom-Heat @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 100 Def / 156 SpD
Bold Nature
- Pain Split
- Overheat
- Defog
- Volt Switch

Voltage

OTTN5
is a Pre-Contributor
I had my Round 2 OST matches today, so now I can finally retire some of these teams in my "Pre-Home Hall of Fame". These three teams were the ones I brought to each of my matches and I'm happy to share them here. Click the teams for the importable.

I got the inspiration for this from the "Next Best Thing" thread with the DD Sucker Punch Dragapult. I managed to ladder this on an alt to around 1650, so the team definitely works on the ladder. It's not great in a tournament setting though since it relies on Pult being a set no one is expecting. +1 Shadow Force will always knock out Clef, which makes it perfect for when you switch it in and DD on their switch into Clef. I also really like Sylveon here since it manages to be a good wishpasser that can make it easier for pals to get wishes thanks to Mystical Fire. Then of couse you've got the essentially standard Rotom-H / Seismitoad / Corviknight core which is just really good in general. Lastly I have scarf Gengar if only so that I can trick Toxapex, and not fear Black Sludge. Team's pretty fun, I'm honestly surprised at how well it works, but I can't complain. Just make sure Sylveon doesn't die and you can basically win if you play well enough. If there's any indicator about how good this team is, I got to 1500 before I realized Dragapult was missing like 4 EVs, oops.

I love Body Press Kommo-o. It's so good. This team was built right before this thing got really hyped up and I remember going o the ladder and stunting on Dracovish when I was at +2 Def. Real talk though, Body Press Kommo-o is one of those mons that puts in a ton of work, but can be dealt with with things like Dragapult,so I opted for Banded Aegislash, because Aegislash is also really good. Rounding out the DFS core is Clef with T-Wave which can just be so unfair sometimes. There's also Corv and Ferro to round out a Steel Core, with Ferro being a Vish answer. The team is also very slow so Scarf Hydreigon is there to help overwhelm teams. This is a much better tour team, but it's also fun on the ladder, I remember getting to around 1535 on this before I decided to stop laddering and get back to studying (lol).

This is the most recent team I've made based on the "Next Best Thing" thread, and probably the most "heat" of them, so bear with me. This team isn't going to be the greatest team on the planet, but between AV Snarl being able to stop any special Dragapult in its tracks, and literally no one knowing what Toxicroak does, this team is great for making people panic in critical situations. This was the team I brought G3 for OST and my opp brought Rain and literally couldn't beat Toxicroak after I took out Seismitoad. My teams have a problem with being pretty slow and I figure Rotom-W could probably be Rotom-C instead, but I think Washtom is the best Trick-Scarf Rotom form out there at the moment. Aegislash and Kommo-o core makes a return, but this one has Specs Aegi just because of Snarl (which also makes a neato DFS bulky offense core). But again, Toxicroak is really fun as a Dracovish check so long as you know it's either banded or scarfed. Toxicroak beats so much on Rain and it's a blast to use. Don't remember where this peaked on the ladder, but like, at this point, are you really going to bring this to the ladder?

Otherwise, these teams are kind of useless at this point. I wouldn't use these on the ladder now just because there's so much to really account for now and they're really out of date, but like, here you go for stealing I guess. That said, I'm proud of them too because they really made me get back into laddering after the initial slog of adjusting to the new gen.

Ruft

is a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
OU Leader
Been cranking out a bunch of teams lately since I'm weirdly enjoying the post-Home meta after Kyurem-Black and Melmetal got banned. I figured I'd share one of them since I'm eliminated from OST anyway (by Tace so I don't feel too bad). I want to share this double Dragon balance.
:choice-specs::ss/kyurem: :leftovers::ss/kommo-o: :leftovers::ss/clefable: :choice_scarf::ss/jirachi: :leftovers::ss/gastrodon: :leftovers::ss/corviknight:
(click sprites to see paste)

• The team is built around Choice Specs Kyurem which is a stellar wallbreaker. There's nothing that can resist all of its attacks, which is an amazing feat considering it comes off of a scary 130 base Special Attack, and it has a very decent base 95 Speed to boot, allowing it to naturally outspeed and potentially 2HKO many switch-ins. Freeze-Dry is a very spammable move, only resisted by those that take a ton from Earth Power, and Draco Meteor hits like a truck. Ice Beam is even capable of 2HKO'ing fully Specially Defensive Corviknight after Stealth Rock damage.
  • Kommo-o is a solid partner to Kyurem since it can come in on a lot of threats like Aegislash and Gengar thanks to Bulletproof. It is also a very capable Stealth Rock setter and can check a lot of the physical threats that are running rampant right now like Terrakion. It can even serve as a wincon once the opponent's Fairy-types are eliminated.
  • Calm Mind Clefable is an excellent wincon right now and can come in on the Dragon-type attacks that threaten Kyurem and Kommo-o. It's also the team's status absorber. Thanks to its bulk investment there's really not much that can stop it once it gets a chance to set up. It also serves as a secondary check to the aforementioned common physical threats. Thunderbolt allows it to take on Toxapex one-on-one.
  • Choice Scarf Jirachi in turn checks the Fairy-types that threaten Kyurem and Kommo-o. It also provides speed control and is able to U-turn to bring in Kyurem when they switch to their Jirachi checks. Trick is nice to cripple defensive switch-ins and Healing Wish can heal up teammates as well as bring them in safely (remember the new storing mechanic).
  • Gastrodon is our bulky Water and our Electric-immunity. It can check Rotom-Heat and -Wash (watch out for Toxic and Trick however) and is a very reliable countermeasure to rain. Amnesia allows it to completely wall a lot of specially-oriented Pokemon, but try to have Clefable scout for Toxic.
  • Corviknight rounds out the team by providing hazard removal which is paramount to conserve Kyurem's health. It is the team's Ground immunity and also provides a slow U-turn. Additionally, it's a secondary Fairy-type check in case Jirachi goes down.
Overall I'm very happy with how this team turned out since all the members synergize quite well with one another. I might make an RMT of it later.

Last edited:
Been cranking out a bunch of teams lately since I'm weirdly enjoying the post-Home meta after Kyurem-Black and Melmetal got banned. I figured I'd share one of them since I'm eliminated from OST anyway (by Tace so I don't feel too bad). I want to share this double Dragon balance.
:choice-specs::ss/kyurem: :leftovers::ss/kommo-o: :leftovers::ss/clefable: :choice_scarf::ss/jirachi: :leftovers::ss/gastrodon: :leftovers::ss/corviknight:
(click sprites to see paste)

• The team is built around Choice Specs Kyurem which is a stellar wallbreaker. There's nothing that can resist all of its attacks, which is an amazing feat considering it comes off of a scary 130 base Special Attack, and it has a very decent base 95 Speed to boot, allowing it to naturally outspeed and potentially 2HKO many switch-ins. Freeze-Dry is a very spammable move, only resisted by those that take a ton from Earth Power, and Draco Meteor hits like a truck. Ice Beam is even capable of 2HKO'ing fully Specially Defensive Corviknight after Stealth Rock damage.
  • Kommo-o is a solid partner to Kyurem since it can come in on a lot of threats like Aegislash and Gengar thanks to Bulletproof. It is also a very capable Stealth Rock setter and can check a lot of the physical threats that are running rampant right now like Terrakion. It can even serve as a wincon once the opponent's Fairy-types are eliminated.
  • Calm Mind Clefable is an excellent wincon right now and can come in on the Dragon-type attacks that threaten Kyurem and Kommo-o. It's also the team's status absorber. Thanks to its bulk investment there's really not much that can stop it once it gets a chance to set up. It also serves as a secondary check to the aforementioned common physical threats. Thunderbolt allows it to take on Toxapex one-on-one.
  • Choice Scarf Jirachi in turn checks the Fairy-types that threaten Kyurem and Kommo-o. It also provides speed control and is able to U-turn to bring in Kyurem when they switch to their Jirachi checks. Trick is nice to cripple defensive switch-ins and Healing Wish can heal up teammates as well as bring them in safely (remember the new storing mechanic).
  • Gastrodon is our bulky Water and our Electric-immunity. It can check Rotom-Heat and -Wash (watch out for Toxic and Trick however) and is a very reliable countermeasure to rain. Amnesia allows it to completely wall a lot of specially-oriented Pokemon, but try to have Clefable scout for Toxic.
  • Corviknight rounds out the team by providing hazard removal which is paramount to conserve Kyurem's health. It is the team's Ground immunity and also provides a slow U-turn. Additionally, it's a secondary Fairy-type check in case Jirachi goes down.
Overall I'm very happy with how this team turned out since all the members synergize quite well with one another. I might make an RMT of it later.
how do you handle toxic / leech seed ferro (and ferro in general)?

Ruft

OU Leader
how do you handle toxic / leech seed ferro (and ferro in general)?
It's a shared effort. Body Press from Kommo-o and Ice Beam from Kyurem both do a substantial amount, Jirachi can cripple it with Trick, and Clefable walls and sets up on most Ferrothorn (though Thunder Wave can be annoying). You could opt for Flamethrower over Thunderbolt on Clefable but I've found Thunderbolt to be helpful in the Toxapex matchup.

Grimmsnarl (M) @ Light Clay
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 92 HP / 252 Atk / 164 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Spirit Break
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Thunder Wave

Tyranitar @ Weakness Policy
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 48 HP / 252 Atk / 52 SpD / 156 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Fire Punch
- Dragon Dance
- Earthquake

Golisopod @ Life Orb
Ability: Emergency Exit
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- First Impression
- Aqua Jet
- Sucker Punch
- Liquidation

Rotom-Mow @ Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Leaf Storm
- Discharge
- Nasty Plot
- Substitute

Excadrill @ Focus Sash
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Iron Head
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock

Dragapult @ Choice Specs
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Shadow Ball
- Fire Blast
- U-turn

This is an initial attempt at a team utilizing Weakness Policy Tyranitar as the main sweeper. Excadrill is typically the lead to set up rocks, but has Sand Rush in case it runs into an unfavorable matchup, but can return later under sand and do some damage. Golisopod is a specialized revenge-killer, and can hit a lot of Tyranitar's checks really hard. Grimmsnarl does what Grimmsnarl does, and sets up screens and spreads paralysis for the benefit of its teammates. Rotom-Mow is around to take care of Rotom-Wash, which otherwise wrecks the team, and utilizes Grimmsnarl's screens to set up behind Substitute. Dragapult is the speedy cleaner-upper doubling as a spin-blocker.
I've used this team for about 30 matches so far, and it does do pretty well, but seems to have a few glaring weaknesses. Zeraora demolishes the whole team if Dragapult is down or Rotom has a sub up already. I also kinda wish I had some recovery somewhere to tank a hit or two, but I'm not sure where to fit that in.
Lastly, I debated trying out sticky webs to help T-tar outspeed more opponents after a single Dragon Dance. I really like Galvantula as a suicide lead, but don't see how to fit it in without taking out something else important.

Credits to Real Pheal Spheal

Here's a Stall team that seems very viable in this meta and yet manages to use Weezing-G, Sableye, and Chandelure effectively:
https://pokepast.es/7e10ded7f02280e9 (EDIT: Sab should have Knock Off instead of Foul Play)

This is almost the same exact team by Real Pheal Spheal that I saw him use in replays, except I noticed that his team seemed quite vulnerable to Facade/Pjab+EQ Conk, so I changed his Corviknight to Weezing-G (I chose Fire Blast on it to pressure Ferro and other steels coming in, and enable it to Defog easier throughout the battle). His Corv is IronDef+BodyPress.

A replay of the original version with Corv that showcases the team well: https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1069733411

I'll try to post a couple of replays of the WG version.

Last edited:
https://pokepast.es/c7ef85dd9f452266
Very offensive team I made around dd draga and fishious band, I put shuckle to sticky zera and keldeo + useful sr for sweep, sash gengar is good for rk with np, cinderace is to pivot/tank zera and hydreigon/damage ferro, corvi etc and jirachi hits clefa + healing wish utility. However i get walled by pex despite psychic fangs and zen headbutt

https://pokepast.es/d026ef740fc50350
Sun HO. Defensive Torkoal because the team already has enough offense, Incineroar because its a decent mixed pivot that can help weaken fire type resists, Darmanitan and Cinderace for fast hard hitting fire types (Flare Blitz into Sucker Punch and vice versa deals with Dragapult), Espeon to make sure Stealth Rocks don't go up (Cinderace can deal with lead Exca), and your choice of a 6th
Not sure how good it is because I've only used it for around 20 or so games but it sure is fun.

VS Dugtrio https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1076852079
VS Rain https://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/gen8ou-1077640804

Scarfire

is a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
MPL Champion
Well, despite losing in OST today, there was a handful of teams I used and built that I wanted to share since I found them pretty cool. These teams arent very ladder friendly so I don't recommend them if you're trying to climb, but they have cool techs and ideas that might be interesting to everyone.

https://pokepast.es/8ed8eded9e7750fc

These are all the teams from the rounds after home came out. Hope you enjoy the nonsense in them. (The last team there I didnt actually get to use, but I loved it so I kept it in (: )

I was thinking of making a sort of Trick Room team, with Whimsicott, Malamar, and Runerigus so far. I thought that malamar may be able to break whatever advantages someone has through Trick Room by the use of Topsy-Turvy, and that Body Press + Runerigus would work well. Does anybody have any ideas on what I should work on?

Offensive Togekiss + Scarf Flygon + Incineroar

https://pokepast.es/272cd43a955566ca

I recently starting teambuilding and wanted to use some more creative mons than the main meta (I refuse to use clef). This is one team that I think has good offensive and defensive options, such as SpDef Incineroar and Scarf Flygon for surprising Dragapults and Zeraoras. If anyone could wanted to try it and give feedback it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

:ss/toxapex: :ss/celebi: :ss/umbreon: :ss/rotom-heat: :ss/dragapult: :ss/corviknight:

https://pokepast.es/4b1db29d066a3843

Toxapex, Celebi, and Umbreon combine to make a balance core that a lot of standard teams can't break. Specifically I want to highlight Umbreon and Celebi because we all know what Toxapex does.

Umbreon has a great niche as a special wall with a great Ghost and Dark resist. It's also good enough in the Kyurem matchup to work; it can't kill as quickly as Clef with Moonblast but it's slightly more bulky than Clef.

Defensive Celebi with Colbur Berry sits in front of Zeraora and laughs as it dies to Life Orb damage while also checking Excadrill and beating Terrak. The speed EVs let it outspeed Adamant Band Vish, while Scarf Vish literally just can't kill it. It'd way easier than you'd expect to get Thunder Wave off with this mon. I chose Giga Drain over other coverage options to beat Toad, but Psychic lets you more reliably beat Conkeldurr.

The gameplan with this team is to cripple everything with status to the point where you can break with Rotom-Heat and Hex Dragapult, with Bulk Up Corviknight as a win-con. The only big weaknesses I've found are Hatt, Cloyster, and Bisharp. Spikes can be annoying as well because I opted to not use hazard control, but I rarely see Spikes where I'm at on the ladder.

Last edited:
Toxic Rotom + Spike Stack Fishious Sand

Dracovish. Toxic Rotom-H to bait in Toad and catch them with Toxic to wear them down, also a direct answer to Pex and Ferro as well as a Defogger killer. Ferro stacks hazards putting even more pressure on Toad since everything on this team forces it in allowing it to be easily worn down. Sandstorm core for hazard control, speed control, and additional chip; T-Tar over Hippo so the team isn't Shadow Ball fodder, to deter Defoggers, and to limit opposing Rotom-H. Clefable.

Conkers T-Wave Spam

Conk. T-Wave Pult and Clef to catch things like Aegi, Kiss, and whatever else so Conk can outspeed and destroy; Hex breaks through things and Wish is useful for Conk's longevity so CC can be run over Drain Punch with less risk. Rotom-H to spam Toxic to help Conk break through Toad and Hippo easier as well as removing Corv and Pex and keeping Zeraora from having a field day. Mandi for hazard control and Ghost spam protection. Toad.

Psycho-Spam Veil

Necrozma. Terrakion as a direct breaker for Necrozma's counters as well as hazard support, also invites in things like Toad and Kommo-o for Necrozma to set up on later. Sigilyph as an indirect breaker for Necrozma's counters, since everything on this team bar Necrozma keep them from coming in free, Sigilyph can lure them in with a free opening and catch them with Gleam; also acts as a deterrent for things like Pex, Kommo-o, Toad, etc so Necrozma doesn't have to be sent out too early to deal with them and risk unnecessary chip and wear. Ninetales for Veil support to allow for easier set-up, Hail support to combat opposing weather too. Zeraora as speed control, also a direct answer to Necrozma's counters, and can serve as an alternative sweeper in bad match-ups for Necrozma. Bisharp.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)